It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls basketball team gets booted from league for being too good

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

A Minnesota youth basketball team has been ejected from a league for being too good and now the coach, parents and players are crying foul.

The Rogers Area Youth Basketball Association girls high school team was forced to the sidelines by the Northwest Suburban Basketball League -- and it’s all because the team is 3-0, Fox 9 reported Saturday.

“We found out Friday at lunchtime that we’re not going to be allowed because according to the league our girls were too talented,” coach Jason Hanauska told the station.

Girls basketball team gets booted from league for being too good

What in the world is America coming to? Is the current trend to punish success? PC has gone amok.

Too talented? LOL. What a bunch of crybabies.

I guess the losers are now winners (whiners?).

“Are we supposed to play worse just to make them happy?” team member Tessa McCarthy told the station

HAHA that's a good question.

PS. This is not the work of liberals - this is the work of crybabies.
edit on 1/24/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Not surprising with the everyone gets a trophy mentality we are propagating.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'll never understand the "reasoning" behind these outcomes. In sports teams and athletes compete against one another to win, and hopefully get in good shape. But I think it's wrong making a winning team stay on the sidelines. No one will benefit having the winning team out, they need to be encourage to improve.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Ah yes... the age old question of why bad things happen to good people.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There is not really enough information in the article to form an opinion, but that is not surprising coming from Fox News. I would like to know more about the league...do they have various levels of competition (i.e., beginner, intermediate, advanced). Could it be that this team signed up for the wrong division and were kicked out for falsifying their application? I've seen this exact scenario play out numerous times in the past.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
and it’s all because the team is 3-0, Fox 9 reported Saturday.

How is 3-0 too good?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I can't imagine what the *REAL* reason is.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If it was run by the school district or receives federal money, I would be outraged. However, they are not.

While the CDAA enjoys a beneficial relationship with the cities of Champlin and Dayton, the association exists as a separate and entirely voluntary organization. Please consider joining us as a coach, team parent, sport coordinator or board member. With each new season we have vacancies and needs in all of these areas so let us know if you'd be interested in becoming a part of the CDAA.

The Champlin Dayton Athletic Association is a volunteer organization that exists for the sole purpose of providing positive experiences in athletics for youth living within the boundaries of the cities of Champlin and Dayton, Minnesota.

CDAA

It looks like, if this can't be worked out, the CDAA would have to refund membership fees. I am guessing they could be sued for lost time, etc. by the people they kick out.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It appears that the reason is money. If other teams pull out, the CDAA loses money. Their websites show guidelines and at least partial refunds are given and that would be to each player on each team.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
High school? Really?! How long do teenagers need their hands held without facing a little adversity? This is nothing short of pathetic. But, if anything, I hope they at least give them participation trophies before giving them the boot. Participation trophies make everything ok. /sarcasm

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So they actually enjoyed playing against teams way below their level?

I practiced a few sports but only enjoyed it when it was a fight, struggle or nearly impossible to win. The rush against the odds was what kept me going. I was bored when it was too easy. I would be bored in their team in that league too. It is no win without a struggle .

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
and it’s all because the team is 3-0, Fox 9 reported Saturday.

How is 3-0 too good?

This was exactly my thought as well. What is there like 5 games a season or something? LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

we are turning into such a p**** country....... I really hate this... So many people are too soft nowadays..

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
High school? Really?! How long do teenagers need their hands held without facing a little adversity? This is nothing short of pathetic. But, if anything, I hope they at least give them participation trophies before giving them the boot. Participation trophies make everything ok. /sarcasm

It's not a high school. It is a private league. See previous posts for the reasons.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
sounds like a lame league.
3-0
hahahahahah

all i can think about when i read the title of the thread is don imus
hahahah

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not surprising with the everyone gets a trophy mentality we are propagating.

I remember getting either an award or some little paper with a gold star to say I participated in something starting in kindergarten. From art shows to track meets. This is not new. However, some people make up complicated wording to make it match the equally made up PC narrrative.

Same with things now, like say the Walkathon for charity. I may not even be one of the first 100 people to finish, but I get a certificate and a button or a mug to thank me for participating. I give $10 to the Brothers of St. Francis, they send me a piece teeny piece of saint so and so's robe. I submit poetry to a contest, it may not win..but lo and behold, I get a 'certificate of appreciation'.

I was not born in the last 10 years, so no, this is not new.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
sounds like a lame league.
3-0
hahahahahah

all i can think about when i read the title of the thread is don imus
hahahah

I think I know why too. I know your post was meant to be light-hearted, but that isn't even the reason. It was not inner city black kids that came in and were better players. There is a picture of them on Fox news.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Me neither...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I think I know why too. I know your post was meant to be light-hearted, but that isn't even the reason. It was not inner city black kids that came in and were better players. There is a picture of them on Fox news.

i didnt click the link.
i believe you

still thinking about imus

"this team is 3-0. they sure are some............"

participation awards for everyone!!!!!

not for curly and meadowlark though. theyre too good

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

aint no way those girls can ball like that.

ha

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join