It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you picture God ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly
He can look like what he wants when he wants hes God. But if you see his face you die, maybe one person sees his face in the bible and he lives. But the belief was always that you die you see his face.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclownThe Holy Spirit answers all prayers in my experience, I call The Holy Spirit of Truth because he gets you to the answer to your question and it's always more information than you expected. Hes the only member of the Trinity who you can commit an UNPARDONABLE sin against that won't be forgiven. You can't ever attribute his works to Evil masquerading as Good, or blaspheme him basically. But that is how much Jesus and God Most High love the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
what does infinity sound like? does silence have an odor? how much matter can you fit in a vacuum?

perhaps someone would like a crack at these as well, since we are exploring conundrums.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Bored, I think he looks bored.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
what does infinity sound like? does silence have an odor? how much matter can you fit in a vacuum?

perhaps someone would like a crack at these as well, since we are exploring conundrums.

1. Most of them are pretty quiet.
2. It smells gross: "Silent but deadly"
3. About three weeks worth of dust bunnies and dog hair.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

How do I envision God; (on this earth) as a Honeybee; theoretically: a 'Mandelbrot Beetle' or a 'Julia Set'; reasonably at least: the Sierpinski Carpet three dimensional Menger sponge (infinite surface area yet has no volume).
edit on 24-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
Bored, I think he looks bored.

Yea I hear you .. Sometimes I think even Jesus can not listen to this
honestly

General to the thread:

The point of views are incredible i am enjoying this its just hard to comment on any of them they are all just mind blowing I think this is the first time I can say I get what is your stand on this topic and the thought process or deep personal experience behind it ..
edit on 24-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Infinity is a state of boundlessness. Limitlessness as not bound or circumscribed to any dictates; cannot be exhausted by any experiences by Itself or the totally separate 'Absolute" which is fixed in law. They work together but fight as children always do.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I just saw your signature I think that hit the nail on the head

GOD IS AN ATHEIST WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Whatever God is; its smarter than the average bear (Boo Boo). Ranger Smith may respond....

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
youtu.be...

I don't know if that is god or if god left it all there as a challenge to us before moving on to something else.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
As a goddess...
with hairy legs and killer heels.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hopefully just like Sofia Vergara.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I don't envision him, I don't have the slightest idea how it looks like. But all the ancient mystics, gurus, yogis and such people have described something with really incredible words. All this words points to something which cannot be comprehended by our simple words and language and are describing it usually as a negation. It is not this or that etc....

It is above our limited minds and logic. It is above thinking or something which we can even imagine.

Divine and transcendental beauty that comes with it is just so incredible that it must be experienced in my opinion concluded from reading many various spiritual scriptures, from buddhism, advaita vedanta, taoizem, sufism, etc...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
If you ask me, if you've got a picture of what God looks like in your head, you're definitely wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi
If you ask me, if you've got a picture of what God looks like in your head, you're definitely wrong.

I am thinking of religion
That leaves you with sex excrement ?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Big, VERY big...

In 1982 I watched an interview on TV of a man named Dr. Percy Collett.

I have never forgotten how he described God's throne...

He said it was as big as "a New Mexico mountain".

While there he learned that Heaven is an actual planet that is 80 times the size of the earth.

After he had this experience, the Pope asked him to come to the Vatican because he heard that Dr. Collett spoke to Jesus and Mary while he was in Heaven:

"All the Bishops of Rome voted 100% for me to go to Rome to tell them about Heaven."

"Percy was born in England, met his first angel after his mother died when he was five, met the same angel again in 1917, was baptized "in tongues" in 1921, studied medicine on the Kaiser’s former yacht in Sydney Harbour 1924-1927, spent four years in military school, served in the US navy, became a medical missionary in Brazil in 1933, served as a US army doctor in World War 2, and has been married for 60 years.

"I asked Abraham, "How long have you been here?", and he said: "A day or so"

"When people tell me to see a psychiatrist I tell them ‘I am a psychiatrist’."

"I’ve been interrogated by 400 lawyers. But they couldn’t shake my story."

For seven years in the 1970s Percy fasted and prayed: "Let me see your glory."

DEAD LINK

Dr. Percy Collet prayed for 7 1/2 years to see heaven. He was a missionary to the Amazon jungle when God honored his request and took him to heaven for 5 and 1/2 days. Collett and 250 Indians and missionaries prayed for eight days to God to show them Heaven. On the 9th day everyone saw angels in the sky and on the 10th they were all "struck down by the glory of God". Then: "My soul came out of my body. Your soul is God's intelligence in you."

As my soul had left my body and my soul looked down at my own body, my guardian Angel, who had been with me for so many years, said to me: "We are going to take the Journey. I have not been in Heaven since you were born and at the time I appeared to you in Edgehill." My soul and the Angel stood there in expectation as everyone else was still lying on their backs under the power of THE LIVING GOD. We were the only ones standing.

An eight foot angel with a flaming sword took Percy's soul on a six hour journey through space to a great planet called Heaven. "It's over two trillion miles away. We passed two light years in one hour." After passing the sun at millions of miles a minute, we came to another sun and another solar system and planets all around it. Heaven is a real planet 80 times bigger than the earth and 2,000,000 miles around. DEAD LINK

Evangelist Percy Collett rented the 5,000-seat Felt Forum auditorium in New York Friday night to talk about his 5 -day trip to heaven, which he says is really a planet located 2 trillion miles from Earth. The reason astronomers have never discovered the planet heaven is because 'God won't let them,' Collett says.

'God moves it away.' Collett also says he saw God, who was twice the size of a man and sitting on a 2,000-mile-high throne overlooking millions of diamond-studded mansions on more than 3 million miles of streets. One of the more interesting aspects of heaven, Collett says, is an outer perimeter populated by 'souls who have not yet learned to worship God.' Among the perimeter dwellers are President Kennedy and a certain religious figure 'I really expected to be in heaven,' Collett said, declining to name the person. Collett says he took the six-hour trip to heaven while his body remained on Earth in a coma.

www.upi.com...

The GREAT THRONE OF GOD has a base over Two Thousand Miles Wide and Two Thousand Miles High which gives The Throne and The Altar Two Thousand Square Miles in all. Think of it, the Throne of GOD, Its Base, Its Altars, the Golden Altar and the Cherubims and the Seraphims, the Elders, the Brazen Altar and the River of Life flowing out! The Throne of GOD is truly a Great Power House, Magnificent and with all the Glories and Glories forever and ever. The Rainbows circling around the Throne are circling forever with the Billions of shades of colors, all to make the Throne look more beautiful.

The Voice of GOD coming out of all of this Glorious Beauty can be heard all over the Universe and can be heard Billions of miles away. If only the individual that wants to hear, will seek GOD and Believe, they can hear It, Too. The Men of GOD of the Old Testament heard Him for GOD spoke to them out of Heaven and they heard Him and answered Him back and talked to Him.The different levels of the Throne are for a purpose. First, the Space under the Throne, where Martyrs pray to the GOD above them, and GOD hears their VOICES, crying out to GOD to destroy the works of Death and bring Life.

The Throne of GOD is The Big Wheel In The Middle Of All Wheels. While the Throne of GOD is Solid and Stationary, yet it turns around on its Own Axis in the Center and the Middle of Heaven. The Whole Planet of Heaven is Perfectly Round. Every Living Reality moves in Heaven except GOD, The Father and He is Unmoveable. He sits on His Throne Forever and Ever and Ever. Yet, GOD can be everywhere at One Time. Jesus is the Wheel in the Middle of the Wheel on this Earth to His Saints and to His Followers. God is the Middle of the Wheel in Heaven and Jesus, His Son sits at High Right Hand.

080808onnowto.blogspot.com...

edit on 25-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Sex excrement sounds like a horrible description of sperm :O. Added a comma now.
But yeah, swearing with religion is just as silly as swearing with sex or excrement.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

For me, God is not real. At least, none of these individual Gods that have been claimed. It is hard for me to imagine any God existing, externally. An internal God makes more sense to me. Something within that is unique to the individual. I think I may be understanding what some say when they say, we are our own gods. Spirituality can be an important part of someone's life. So many gods claimed to exist.. so many variations. There are as many different gods as there are people believing in them. Perhaps there is some natural "source", if you will, whatever that is supposed to mean. It would have to be neutral. You know, not choosing sides or making petty commands.

If any true "thing" exists that could be defined as "God", my belief is that it would be as much a part of the natural order of things as anything else. Not separate. That would be divine.

PS: Hail Satan!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi
......... if you've got a picture of what God looks like in your head, you're definitely wrong.

The most true statement in the whole thread.Man can ONLY make God in their image(imagination).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join