It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnostics, the true Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Another "open an account, conduct a couple of "flyby" threads, and quit"

Wonder who it really was?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
duplicate, oops
edit on 24-1-2016 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas
He might tell us when he re-appears under his fifth username.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

They rarely do.

The most fun is when they forgot to log-in to a differnt account and get busted agreeing with themselves. lol

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This one has been recognisable under four different successive names over the last week, three of them now banned.
Watch for the posting style.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 369elyon
a reply to: Lazarus Shortalso Israel originally believed in a God who was Yahwehs "father" named El Elyon or God Most High in english. Even had a consort named Asherah. It's from the Canaanite pantheon, Israel and every other nation had individual Gods under El Elyon.

And what would you know about a God named Elyon, elyon? Kidding! Obviously this is something you're well aware of, but first I've heard! I'll be driving into the subject matter as I've only recently learned that Gnostics believe as I do, that Yahweh was a sick duck and not the "most high" - grabbed a couple of books from the library just today to get started.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It was originally Gnosisisfaith who had his account restricted for T&C Violation, then Essence616 was born the same day then he was restricted, after that 33Iam666 was born then he was restricted and lastly 369elyon and he was restricted too. They were all the same person and the posting style was evident.

It was the same person trying to go around ATS restrictions by creating new accounts with a new email addresses. A clear Violation of ATS rules in trying to bypass their restrictions.

anything this person has posted or said is unreliable because his action shows how he lies and deceives.

edit on 25-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

A Gnostic Christians believes you can continue in sin of the flesh and it would not affect your soul.

This teaching is the very lie they tried to say Paul was teaching in Romans 3.

However Paul never ever in any of his writings promoted such. He taught that if we walk after the Spirit we would do the things of the Spirit. Romans 8

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

A Gnostic Christians believes you can continue in sin of the flesh and it would not affect your soul.

I'm not familiar with any Gnostic text that suggests any such thing. As far as I understand it, the Gnostic believe that everything that exists in the physical realm is corrupt and our souls are trapped in this illusion we call reality.

Everything in this life is corrupt and there is no good thing that anyone can really do... isn't that in line with the Christian doctrine of salvation through grace?

edit on 25-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Believe it or not in the 70's my dad claimed to be a Gnostic Christian This was over 30 years before I got saved.

He would force me up at 3 am to read and listen to the Gnostic beliefs he and others held at that time, and that was the main one. That after belief on Christ they could sin without any repercussions, that is it would not affect their spiritual condition in Christ.

However Paul never taught that, if we a guided by the spirit then the works of the flesh would no longer be evident.

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

He would force me up at 3 am to read and listen to the Gnostic beliefs he and others held at that time, and that was the main one. That after belief on Christ they could sin without any repercussions, that is it would not affect their spiritual condition in Christ.

That would mean you're familiar with the gnostic writing... Perhaps you might point out where this belief came from?

Which text holds this belief... because as windword that doesn't sound gnostic... that sounds very Paulian though

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It is nothing that Paul Taught. But he was so slanderously reported as teach in Romans3:7,8

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

It is nothing that Paul Taught. But he was so slanderously reported as teaching that in Romans3:7,8

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It is nothing that gnostic writers taught either....

Though it seems (pseudo)Paul did say this...

And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Kinda sounds like, no matter what you do your sins are already covered... you "debt" is paid...

again, this concept seems very Paulian... but not gnostic.... gnostic writers were very legalistic

Some say they wouldn't even go to the bathroom on the wrong day... not sure how true that is but I have heard it

edit on 25-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Are you that sure Paul wrote Hebrews?

My dad was pretty adamant about this Gnostic Teaching he was involved with it was his way of justifying his continued drinking and smoking.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Im not sure at all actually... that's why I put Pseudo in brackets...

Regardless of your fathers insistence on this teaching, its not a part of the gnostic texts as far as I remember, and I've been reading them for many years... I've read all of them numerous times, and I do not remember anything stating this teaching... though I could be wrong.

Drinking can easily be justified though the bible.... gnostic texts are hardly necessary to do that... but I also don't recall any text in any gnostic library that promotes drinking either...

In any case, Jesus drank... smoking on the other hand, well that's a different story

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 369elyon

People on this website appreciate a well documented post and this is lacking in that department. You want to claim they are the true Christians? Where is the history that agrees with that cause as far as I know there isn't any.

Gnosticism contradicts the Bible at every turn so I am a bit confused as to why you think they go hand in hand.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

I guess you're assuming he will return... gnosisfaith still has that account...

Though who knows for how long... and if that is the case why are you talking to someone whos gone?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Are you that sure Paul wrote Hebrews?

My dad was pretty adamant about this Gnostic Teaching he was involved with it was his way of justifying his continued drinking and smoking.

I knew a lot of fundamentalist Christians that said the same thing. They used This scripture to justify their drinking and smoking.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I have too!

However, Paul never taught that.

Galatians 5:16 through the end of the chapter was clear on what is the works of the flesh and what the fruit of walking in the spirit is.

Anyone who justifies sinful behaviour using the Bible may not even be saved.

Of course this does not mean that once and a while one would not give in to their flesh. Their sin may be covered under the blood, but it is no longer their life style to live in it day in and day out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join