It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnostics, the true Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Lazarus Short

"Behold the Nail, Behold the Hand." Could that be Jesus?

LOL........BEHOLD! The Clumsiest Carpenter ever!

Lo! streaming from the fatal tree
His all atoning blood,
Is this the Infinite?—Yes, ’tis he,
Prometheus, and a god!
Well might the sun in darkness hide,
And veil his glories in,
When God, the great Prometheus, died
For man the creature’s sin.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Shortif you have a truthfully translated bible, I can show you where El Elyon gives Yahweh Israel as his inheritance. They were not, up until Greece, aware of the concept of only one God. That's orthodox Judaism, Kabbalist and some Talmudic Jews still believe in these 72(I forgot to mention thats how many "sons" El Elyon was believed to have) Gods but to conceal the true meaning they call it th 72 names of God. Many are name's of old Mesopotamian/Babylonian/Canaanite gods like Marduk and baal or Belial. You can Google all this stuff it's available and confirmed again and again by the archeological records unearthed within the last 100 or so years.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Shortif you have a truthfully translated bible, I can show you where El Elyon gives Yahweh Israel as his inheritance. They were not, up until Greece, aware of the concept of only one God. That's orthodox Judaism, Kabbalist and some Talmudic Jews still believe in these 72(I forgot to mention thats how many "sons" El Elyon was believed to have) Gods but to conceal the true meaning they call it th 72 names of God. Many are name's of old Mesopotamian/Babylonian/Canaanite gods like Marduk and baal or Belial. You can Google all this stuff it's available and confirmed again and again by the archeological records unearthed within the last 100 or so years.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 369elyon
a reply to: Lazarus Short
That's your right, reject is a little harsh I would have went with disagree. I just trust God that HE was behind the finding of the NHL. The Most High, not Yahweh.

What does hockey have to do with it? Or are you talking about Wayne Gretzky?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas
Nag Hammadi Library

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 369elyon

I know. Poor attempt at humour.

I'll bite, what is a "truthfully translated Bible"? I have them all. Which is the truth?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I hope you are joking and not serious about never having heard of the Nag Hammadi Library. I don't want you to feel bad, but that wasn't a very good joke. Did you think that it was? I don't know, I like to laugh to but you gotta do better than that.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I hope you are joking and not serious about never having heard of the Nag Hammadi Library. I don't want you to feel bad, but that wasn't a very good joke. Did you think that it was? I don't know, I like to laugh to but you gotta do better than that.

I have it. I've read it. The joke was a reference to the NHL...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
All of them? Do you have a 1966 Jerusalem Bible? It's very rare, but I have yet to even hear of a less dogmatically influnced and I think the only one to incorporate the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Masoretic and greek(new testament only I THINK) texts and to use Yahweh in place of Lord and the footnotes are very unbiased to dogma even admitting borrowing the Flood story from the Babylonians and are extremely helpful.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I get it I wasn't sure if you were trying to insult me or not.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

All of them? Do you have a 1966 Jerusalem Bible? It's very rare, but I have yet to even hear of a less dogmatically influnced and I think the only one to incorporate the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Masoretic and greek(new testament only I THINK) texts and to use Yahweh in place of Lord and the footnotes are very unbiased to dogma even admitting borrowing the Flood story from the Babylonians and are extremely helpful.

I do. And a couple of different DSC translations. I have Greek and English translations.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You really do? Not that I don't believe you but what's on the cover, it might make a difference.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Of which one?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
1966 Jerusalem bible

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Oh, yes. I have the burgundy coloured binding with gold lettering and a Jerusalem Cross. Doubleday & Co.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That's the one. Deuteronomy vwhen the most high apportioned the nations, according to the sons of God, Yahwehs share was Israel. Slight paraphrase maybe but its in there.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That's the one. Deuteronomy vwhen the most high apportioned the nations, according to the sons of God, Yahwehs share was Israel. Slight paraphrase maybe but its in there.

That's pretty much the same as the Septuagint in Greek.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yeah but niv and just about every English translation seriously edits even replacing sons of God with sons of Israel and saying Yahweh is the most high and Israel he kept for himself. That's dastardly.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Well, pretty much every single translation is loaded with politics and agendas. That's why I have as many different as I can. You really have to watch people's agendas. Some of them like "KJV Only-ists" are easy to spot, some others aren't.

They all play the Primary Sources card with little or no understanding what that actually means.

Most people don't read ANY version and depend on their Pastor, Priest, Reverend or Cult-Leader to interpret it for them.

edit on 24-1-2016 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I trust the Jerusalem bible because it was not produced for long because it's too revealing and I only use that or th NSRV.

Pastors need to go get real jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join