It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judas Iscariot, the hero and greatest apostle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Judas Iscariot has almost always been portrayed as the villain of the New Testament, but if it was God's plan to crucify Jesus so we could have salvation, then Judas is actually a hero. He was even having second thoughts about betraying Jesus Christ, and Satan had to possess him to get him to do it.
I'm going to submit a theory that Judas neither killed himself or burst to death, as the contradictory accounts of his death are suspicious. Instead I believe that Judas escaped Israel with the money he had been stealing and lived out his days in peace.
Had Judas not been selected by Jesus to betray him, I wouldn't be making the suggestion. But who can resist God's plan for salvation.
Whether or not he died shortly after the crucifixion, there is a gospel of Judas that doesn't condemn him for this, in fact he is more of a hero in this story.
Was Judas the greatest Apostle ever? I say YES!!!
edit on 24-1-2016 by 369elyon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 369elyon

problem is said "gospel" wasn't written anywhere close to HIS life...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That was more of a side note, but you could say the same thing about the entire new testament. The oldest new testament in existence is from around 300a.d. And the DSS and NHL are older than that. Maybe that's my next post, the real first christians were the authors of the hidden texts and it was God's plan that we find them so we have the truth. That'll be a big hit. Appreciate the insight though.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I think this will get some attention though.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Plus you gotta remember, people in those days had oral traditions that they would only write down in times of danger. Jews called it mishna or midrash, something like that. That's the origin of the Talmud and Zohar.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

…but if it was God's plan to crucify Jesus so we could have salvation, then Judas is actually a hero.

Jesus example for you to follow was to question authority, the powers that be, to stand up, speak out.

Thats why they killed him, oh and Gandhi, MLK, JFK, RFK…

Socrates drank poison rather than shut up.

Judas fingered Jesus to the authorities, what a dick.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

He was possessed by Satan and fulfilling God's plan. I'd like to see you defeat God and Satan.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 369elyon

He was possessed by Satan and fulfilling God's plan. I'd like to see you defeat God and Satan.

Gods plan is evil? There is no need to defeat 'god and the devil'. The church's definition of those entities is misguided.

Mans inhumanity to man is evil, brought on by anger, pride and greed.

Those are very human defects.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

You said evil not me

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The Gospel according to Judas is an ancient text included in the gnostic gospels. You might find it interesting that according to Judas, he exposed Jesus, because Jesus asked him too. A youtube search will bring up all kinds of information.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well we are, in this context, taking it literally. Satan possessed him because he couldn't go through with it. God's will was for what happened to happen. Judas really had no choice and deeply regretted it even though it was beyond his power. If Jesus didn't die, no salvation. Hero.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I've read it a few times.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It was Gnostic, but not found with the NHL. I read all the Christian stuff.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Have you read Mary Magdalenes gospel?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
the problem with the traditional christian demonisation of the judas character is rather predictably free will

the entire tail weaves a plot of pre-destined events that for an alledged " plan "

its like the script of a play - if character judas does not enter stage left and preform his alloted actions [ ie identify the jesus character ] - then the entire preformance falls apart - cos to put it bluntly - what the hell are the roman guard characters supposed to do if the judas character doesnt appear and get his lines right ??????????????

think about this - and read the bible again

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

If Jesus didn't die, no salvation.

You're heavily indoctrinated with dogma.

Jesus was murdered because he wouldn't shut up. They killed him because he spoke up about the church of his day. The same power structure of church and government exists today as back then.

If Jesus showed up today, they would quickly kill him all over again, because the church is just as corrupt as it was back then.

This is not "salvation" for everyone, just plain murder.

Nobody died for your sins, your sins are your own. Own them.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'm indoctrnated? I'm calling Judas a hero, that is anti dogmatic. Wow.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_apeYou sound like you agree with me, but you didn't address anyone so can you clarify that for me?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 369elyon

I'm indoctrnated? I'm calling Judas a hero, that is anti dogmatic. Wow.

You are indoctrinated to believe a two thousand year old story, verbatim.

This indoctrination began early, you were told this is exactly how it happened and to just believe it or you risk going to hell.

Right?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Like I said, were operating under the pretense it's true. Hypothesize theorize or ill just ignore you. Nobody is saying they know it happened. You can do whatever you want though, so go ahead and be ignorant, it's a free country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join