It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You could Transfer Your Conscious Mind to a Human Like Android would You ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Nope! Your brain is more like a TV, You are your Soul and more like the signal. Doing a transfer like that would be dying.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

When you put it like that I suppose it could be seen as selling your soul.
Nasty thought....would you remain, for eternity as property of google or someone???

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well, during the procedure you'd die and pass out of the physical world, have your life review, etc.

If there was a possibility of them entrapping a soul in the robot, then this would take away free will, and can't see any of this being a way to avoid death.

For the elite who have harmed many and who's conscience is heavy, they may be seeking these kind of long shots however, willing to take the risk.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yes.

I'm a futurist in many ways. I've always found the Ghost In the Shell vision of human/computer integration fascinating and certainly doable.
edit on 24 1 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Not a chance!

How can I be sure the AI isn't just a perfect copy of my brainwaves and consciousness whilst I and my original consciousness am destroyed?

Same reason I won't teleport (trust me, I've had offers!). No chance are you destroying and rebuilding me far away. I might not be the same conscious being that comes out of the other end. It may be just a perfect replica of me that believes it is hosting the original spirit/essence/spark that was my being.

Since the android body/re-created body would believe itself fully to be the original, who would ever know? You could never disprove it and everybody that had went through it would come out of the other side thinking they were fine and still the same spirit/essence/spark that had lived in the original body. It would pretty much be the exact same as the original but I might not be the host of that body, I might have voluntarily forfeited my consciousness and been replaced by the perfect, unknowing mimic.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
Maybe not today but in the future robotics and artificieal intelligence will create robots with greater and greater capability - One day these
robots will appear very close to Human in appearance and function - And it is in the realm of the possible that a 'Data' [from Star Trek] Human type of Android will be real. Now let us say when that day happens we will have learned enough about Human consciousness so as to be able
to download it into a machine - And even further we will be able to upload it into a Human likd Android. The Android will be stronger
and longer lasting [possibly almost immortal] with fully replaceable parts though the conscious mind transferred to it might have limitations
as to its durability and length of useful functioning [maybe a 100 years, maybe a few hundred years] you would still not live forever.
But while in the android state you would not age, not get sick - As long as your mind was functioning well - Your wellness could be
maintained at peak efficiency.

Now the question is could you see yourself in this type of existent state

Would you be willing to give up your biological body for a longer lasting more efficient android

Genuine human conciousness cannot be downloaded/transferred into a machine. It would cease being human conciousness the moment it leaves the human body and become spirit conciousness. Spirit conciousness, if it does not know where to go having rejected after death belief systems while in the human body, seeks out human conciousness again by making contact with humans or trying to make contact with them. Human conciousness works in conjunction with the modern human gene code with both influencing each other, designed specifically for each other.
What is being proposed here is trapping human and spirit conciousness inside a wired metal container which is essentially what an android, or anything similar is, and keeping it on earth as a spectacle, toy, and slave. One has to realize the absurdity of any human being wanting to do this because they see the after life with all the religious/spiritual thoughtforms created while spirit and human conciousness were in the human body for thousands of generations, which are extremely powerful and realities, as being the traps.
Many of us, if not most of us, are against human slaves made of metal built to serve human beings in the flesh, that is being proposed here. And because we have been here before, time and time again, with this misleading and glamorized inticing of trapping human conciousness for evil and self serving purposes, in a world where all human beings can prosper but are kept from doing so, a created realm in the after life has another life lesson journey for formerly human conscious spirits to learn how to value human lives. It's ALL about the human being, the most precious and awesomely special life forms ever created and will stand as that forever.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think your all comming at this from the wrong angle. You're all assuming that to transfer the spirit, "soul" into a machine that the "soul" would be superceded by a mechanical body.
What saying that when you transfer your "soul" you transfer your psyche with it, just sa the body is just a receptical for the "soul" a mechanical body could be a receptical. Just because you transfered does not mean you'll lose your humanity, ie. your feeling and actions that make you human.
Take your instance of love. Love comes from the psyche, the "soul", not the blood, not the feeling of your hands or any part of your human body. But all that's assuming that the "soul" is a seperate entity that can be isolated and moved from the body receptical.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You know, I would do that. Because I fear death and I would like to see what life fells like a new body.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

It is a very large can of worms to be opening. I think we haven't really established which bit of us makes us what we are to begin with. If we don't really know that yet, how do we even start building the tech?

It was a hypothetical question in the OP though, so I guess if they'd perfected the method and I'm not the first guinea pig to try it, its still a yes.
They way things are looking for the future, we may end up with no choice

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
IF the Avatar B was around/in other words a Cyber body for your brain ala ghost in the shell Yeah id do it and into a female version body. I believe your "soul" is housed in your brain because humans give off a low em field. Said EM field keeps th e"soul" from escaping until the entire bodys death. the brains death is the point when the soul leaves.

So what happens when your brain is able to be kept alive in a cyber shell? You won tlive forever ill go ahead and clarify that. Eventually your brain hits a limit on storage IF you live past 200 yrs. What can happen when this happens? Strokes,embolisms and a few other issues. Also you could die from your bodys systems being destroyed,and ot being shot in th e brain with a AP round. Point is you will still not be immortal.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Absolutely, I could finally surpass the limitations imposed by this physical body.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If cost was an issue I would probably end up in something like Robby the robot from Forbidden Planet.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

never would i join or be a precursor for skynet

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

I'd certainly do it....

BUT;

Is it really your consciousness that is being transferred?How would you even know?

If your original you is still alive and acting normally,all you've done is uploaded a copy of yourself.

Here is what will happen - After the download/upload is complete, and while your old body was still alive, you would be
able to meet your new self - You will have a short period in which you will be able to talk to your new self. As per the
original agreement signed with the company only YOU will have final say as to whether you are satisfied that you are
in fact still you in your brand new android form - Then both the old you and the new you will agree that they share
unification in the android body and again as per the original agreement the old you would be terminated.

For further elaboration of the legal agreement contact the legal department of the Scienceficitonalist Foundation:
SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE
universalspacealienpeoplesassociation.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

That would be too weird! I'm not sure I'd actually like to meet another me.
What if you didn't like it?
You could end up arguing or even getting into a big fight and start your android life as a murderer. Or would it be suicide? Can you murder yourself?

Anyway, this would require both you and the android being alive and dead simultaneously!
I don't see how that part would work?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

That would be too weird! I'm not sure I'd actually like to meet another me.
What if you didn't like it?
You could end up arguing or even getting into a big fight and start your android life as a murderer. Or would it be suicide? Can you murder yourself?

Anyway, this would require both you and the android being alive and dead simultaneously!
I don't see how that part would work?

That's why I like science fiction and call my new religion 'Sciencefictionalism' - We create a hypothetical future and see if we can make it work - if not we cancel it.

As far as two of you being alive at once, you have to realize there would be pre-determined rules. And if you did not like
your new self as an Android you could cancel the android before you as a biological are terminated - You must be satisfied
with and accept yourself in your new body - and agree that the new you is still really you in a new form

edit on 25-1-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I love science fiction too but you raised a valid point. Maybe not in our lifetime but at some point humans may well have to address this question. If you look at the way medical science has advanced from tiny little devices to keep veins open, pacemakers, robotic arms and even a robot suit that was used recently to help a man walk again. Its not too much of a stretch to imagine a hundred or two years into the future and seeing this as a possibility.
Some people may take that step.

Will they still dream?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

That dead part of you, the part after dying we become? Our soul is here and now, the real us, right now.

The part that dies is dirt. The soul is forever.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Absolutely, I could finally surpass the limitations imposed by this physical body.

You can right now. Find your center.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm not able to comment on the soul but I think in order to capture the whole personality you would need to preserve the brain intact.
I can forsee surgical problems.
It may be more likely that they would learn how to replace more and more parts of the body until you become completely "improved".
Like plastic surgery. Get the full works so you look errrrm ...beautiful?

Can't help thinking of those silent, inscrutable Cybermen from Dr Who.
In one episode someone did something that temporarily returned their feelings. The Dr started really getting freaked and his friend couldn't understand why.
The Dr plugged some headphones into something connected to the cycbermen then put them on his friends head.
What did he hear?
Screaming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join