It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska just got rocked. 7.1

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thank you. I just went back to twitter and was thinking I had seen that pic before.

Sorry guy's for posting bad info.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Not your fault. It was confusing. I did a reverse image search to find the source.

Here in Anchorage it depends on what kind of ground we are sitting on. Some had things fall off shelves, we just had more of a boat ride on choppy water sort of feeling. Nothing at all fell over, while just three miles away that Carrs store had lots of stuff fall off shelves.

Interesting evening.

Cat's apparently sleep through earthquakes which I found interesting. Not a whisker moved while the house was swaying or even an eye blink.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

It happens!
I'm glad it's not that bad! A truck got stuck up on the Parks highway on those chasms you posted. That was crazy too.

I misspoke this morning too before coffee.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That was a busted up road, could you imagine driving along and ramping that asphalt @ 60 mph? That's gnarly, thanks for the share Blaine👍🏼

I thought that first pic looked a bit familiar

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Surprising was NO bloody guard rails?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I left the house shortly after my last post so haven't responded to anybody.

Everyone we have come across is ok.

Hope those close to you are all good AK, and that is really kind of you woodsmom to offer help. Hope you and yours are ok too.

As for anyone else involved, the same to you. Lots of good community minded folks around here that come around during tough times.

Our water is black from the well being disturbed, gonna go trade some milk for water lol.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

It was located in the Puget Sound.

Really? I've had a few beers, but I think I would have felt something in Puget Sound before people in Alaska.

Did Puget sound move? Or was that quake big enough to move Alaska all the way south next to Washington?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

I'll right, I get it. I was mistaken

How many more monkeys do I need on my back pfffft lol

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Don't feel bad I'm in Michigan and your roads are still better than ours.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Apologies. Low hanging fruit and I went for it.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

OP should realise when he has a little fruit hang'n out of his loom!
buha!

But man that's the way to have a 7.1 if have to have one. Just a
nice slow easy roller. Maybe get some motion sickness and early
start to your monday.

I hope Lisa's okay!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Thank you for your attention!!! please let others know to stay ALERT and be ready to move quickly.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GnosticMountain

We should always be alert and at the ready living in such a geologically active area. Not to say there isn't something larger brewing, there is a lot of activity, but it's prudent to always be ready for anything. It's not hard to have a prepacked backpack for everyone in the family plus some food, water and medical supplies at minimum. Another tip for those in earthquake prone areas is to keep shoes or hard soled slippers near your bed in case of broken glass on your way out, or bare feet outside at 20 degrees.

This is a great reminder to maybe update and revisit emergency plans with the family. Emergency supplies, family meeting places and out of state phone contacts are all important to talk about at the very least.

Our record breaking shake and the snowmaggedon on the east coast should be enough to make everybody think about basic emergency back ups. Nobody is immune.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD
Just had a awesome quake in the Valley. The state has gotten over 86 quakes over a 1.1 in the last 7 days. The dog was going nuts, whimpering, and whining a full hour before it hit. I felt bad about yelling at the dog she got a few treats for me being ignorant about signs that animals do, unusual behavior and such.

It was located in the Puget Sound.

That was fun. Anyone else in AK get the shakes?

On my cell, but I'll add more in the morning
the EQ was 75 miles deep. They're. Saying it's not related to any volcanoes, but that's not to say the EQ couldn't kick one into action. Stay safe AK

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Oh no trouble at all! I always come across like an ass, I don't usually intend it.

No intent this time to be a dick. I kinda figured there was another Puget Sound.

There was a Pungent Sound emanating from a lot of people's pants.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
So many earthquakes happening worldwide. Reading about a new 'significant' one every week.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Heads up, no need for alarm as we are probably in the clear.

Just wanted to mention that I heard Illiamna had a 4.5 (i think), It was felt all the way in Anchorage, and according to the source, was deemed probably not an aftershock.

sorry no immediate link, im looking.

very likely its just a standard Alaskan quake that should come as no surprise, but a small part of me wonders if that area is not quite settled yet.

There is so much talk of a great massive quake, they are said to be over due in so many areas. Nothing has really met the criteria so It is bound to happen I would think.

right now, maybe in 500 years, I'm not too worried, but after feeling that 7.1 I have a new perspective, I have respect, I got my adrenaline fix
and I no longer have any desire to feel a good quake.

ETA: I am reading now it was actually at mount Redoubt, which is a bit more alarming for myself. It makes me think something is moving down the chain and there may be another big one or maybe Redoubts gonna blow again.

edit on 4-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join