It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas lawmaker imposes dress code on female witnesses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Does anyone so far realize the courts have a dress code anyway ? That the judge can either have the person evicted from the court or declare a recess for the person to dress appropriately ?

I think a lot of the opposition here is just because he has an R by his title..

And what is wrong with a dress code for cryin out loud ? every single business and establishment I know has a dress code for employees and most times patrons.

For women, men don't require one....get it?! It's illegal to discriminate, and judges are your direct employee and in my belief extremely replaceable. If not that needs to be changed ASAP. I want people to sue and arrest all the asshats.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I didn't know that sharia law has come to America, of sorry is he fundamentalist Christian, no different from each other really, how dare this man dictated the behavior or others, I am sure that whatever he concocted means crap. But hell this a good example of what a male dominated government.

ignorant_ape , you nail it, perhaps somebody should get a banner and posted in front of his office.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I guess the happy pants legislator is taking lessons from the moron Iman in Europe that said, women wearing too much perfume and walk half naked in Germany that is why men can not keep it in the pants.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So is this liberty or small government?

Too bad Republicans can't be bothered to use their positions to do anything useful.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Can courts legally impose a dress code?

Is requiring men wear pants discriminatory?

Is the below appropriate as it addresses both men and women?

Appropriate attire is mandatory for any appearance in Court, whether as a participant in a case, a witness or an observer. This not only helps maintain decorum but shows respect for our nation’s laws and Courts. As a general rule, you should think of the Courtroom as a formal environment. Dress as you would when going for an important job interview or to church.

You will be barred from the Courtroom if you violate the Court dress code. Regardless of how you personally feel about the dress code, obey the rules.

Suggested Guidelines Men: wear shoes with socks; long pants (on pants with belt loops, wear a belt); collared shirt (tucked in) with a tie, with or without a jacket

Women: wear shoes; a dress, skirt or long pants; a blouse, sweater or casual dress shirt

You will NOT be allowed to enter the Courtroom wearing the following inappropriate clothing (this may result in an arrest warrant for failure to appear or a default of your civil case):

Shorts, Hats (men) or hair curlers (women), Halter or tube top, T-shirt or muscle shirt, See-through top, Flip flops, Clothing that exposes your midriff or underwear, Ripped or torn jeans, Baggy pants that fall below your waist, Clothing with an emblem or wording that promotes illegal or inappropriate activity, Clothing that depicts or promotes violence, sex acts, illegal drug use or profanity.

citycourtofslidell.com...

edit on 24-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I think a lot of the opposition here is just because he has an R by his title..

Excerpt from the source of the article with added emphasis;

Sen. Carolyn McGinn, a Sedgwick Republican, said wardrobe restrictions set by Holmes could steer people away from the Capitol who don’t have clothing that meets his ideal. An individual’s opinions are more significant than what garment drapes that person’s shoulders, she said.

“I am more interested in what they have to say about the direction our state should go than what they’re wearing that day,” McGinn said.

The short of it is, women are distracting the men. Which is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The short of it is, women are distracting the men. Which is ridiculous.

come on dude
any time a man can not control his urges it is the womans fault.
everyone in the middle east knows this
edit on 24-1-2016 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
I am pretty angry about this story. There are a multitude of issues that need to be addressed in this state, I don't think this is one which needed priority. In addition the fact that this was written only for women is inexcusable.

www.foxnews.com...

Republican state Sen. Mitch Holmes issued an 11-point code of conduct to guide women on how to dress. The Topeka Capital-Journal reported that Holmes’ rules don’t include any restrictions on men because, according to Holmes, men don’t need instructions on how to look professional.

While Mr. Holmes does not directly represent me, I am a state resident, and I have sent him an email. [SNIPPED]

Another Xtian melting down into his belief-addled insanity!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Haha.

This guy probably loathes evil Sharia law and deadly mooslims, yet he would prefer women cover themselves in an effort to remain professional.

What is wrong with this man?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join