It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I don't believe in a god. No way a single spiritual being could have created this thing we call the universe. A galaxy with a billion stars, and a billion galaxies, or more.
And when I look at the micro, all of its various combinations of electrons and neutrons. How is it possible?

The fact that anything exists is a miracle.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

The fact that any of us get to wake up to a new day is a miracle too, that's life for ya

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm an Atheist, but I don't claim absolutely that there is no god, because a definitive claim is irrational.

I am still an Atheist because I lack the belief that any gods exist, and my reasoning for this is because we have observed a natural origin and function behind everything in the universe thus far. So, there's no reason to believe that a mystical being exists in the description that many religions or theists give to a deity.

However, claiming definitively that "there is no god" is just as ignorant has those that claim definitively that "there is a god".

Absolutes do not exist in a universe where we humans are fallible

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I agree. but I try not to remove the comfort some find in story books.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

just think though you got the micro and the macro one is never ending inwards
............the atom .
And one is for ever expanding ..............the universe.
So laws of things say there is no beginning or ending to anything.
But Jesus said I am the Alpha and Omega the beginning and ending of everything.

Just food for thought Jesus said he is the glue what holds all invisible things together .Jesus is the higgs boson.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

"The fact that anything exists is a miracle".

Think about what you just said.

link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Wouldn't that make you an Agnostic?

link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

"The fact that anything exists is a miracle".

Think about what you just said.

Lol, I caught that too. I'm just going to assume he used the term 'miracle' loosely and for impact

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Jesus was a jewish preacher. Nothing more, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jackjoedoe

Agnosticism actually states that it is impossible to know if god exists or not. It has nothing to do with reasoning that a god could exist or could not.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: jackjoedoe

Agnosticism actually states that it is impossible to know if god exists or not. It has nothing to do with reasoning that a god could exist or could not.

I was going to suggest that you are probably more agnostic than atheist as well. But at this level we're probably just debating semantics. I think most agnostics will have weighted certain possibilities over others. I know I do. For instance, I'm pretty convinced that if there is a god, it isn't anything like the one portrayed in christian bibles. However, recently I've been intrigued with the probabilities of the simulation hypothesis.

Warning, language...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
My best advice as an old fart: Wipe away what you "believe", and start trying to untangle the mystery. For me, personally, the journey thus far has taken me through the great works (translated into English, anyway) of just about every major religious school on the planet, and then delving into a few from the past. I've studied the esoteric teachings, and spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out the language within the language.

But to each their own...you'll never find the answer. But you have a rather long life to fill....might as well make it productive.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I don't believe in a god. No way a single spiritual being could have created this thing we call the universe. A galaxy with a billion stars, and a billion galaxies, or more.
And when I look at the micro, all of its various combinations of electrons and neutrons. How is it possible?

Might I suggest that just because there some things we don't know or don't understand, they are therefore work of some 'god' or of some magic, is not a good idea in this day and age.

I don't and won't have any damn thing to do with religion because I think its the oldest form of mind control there is but I do concede that the entire universe as we understand and as we don't understand it, had to come into existence some how.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

I'm a Taoist. Only from the Tao te Ching... not the later crap. So the question of how it is possible is easy for me.

It is what it is. We just need to learn how to deal with it.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Can you create a bird? Let alone all else in the universes themselves?

I thought not...so there you are. Nothing by chance....and I'm not even reffering to any "God", but some"thing" higher or greater than you and I.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Ever, never, always....are absolutes.

It's ok you are unsure of the light of our Creator, this will soon change. This year, I predict.

top topics

join