It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a 'True Follower of Jesus' be Divorced / Re-married & still call himself a 'Christian' ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Why is it that the first words out of your mouth always involve "a load of crap"?

Its not my business to know everyone's gender here on ATS. I couldn't really care less.
edit on 24-1-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: grammatical corretion for Buzzy

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

Can a person who judges others call himself Christian, despite explicit instructions to avoid that behaviour? Is the ease with which some within the allegedly Christian faith, judge behaviour and people as one and the same, believe their opinions ought to be capable of changing the behaviour of others, a result of the tendency toward convenience and a failure to read the Bible with the proper interests at the forefront of ones mind?

Learning to parrot Bible verse is one thing. Learning to read the Bible and learn the right things from it, is a totally different exercise, and one at which one automatically fails, if one believes that there will ever be a time when the speck in ones brothers eye, is larger than the log in ones own.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

To follow God's Law "The 10 Commandments" is to be righteous. No Adultery.

To Follow Christ is to follow perfection. No Adultery and No Divorce.

As Christians we are forgiven for the sins committed in ignorance. If a Christian couple trys to stay married but find irreconcilable differences along the way, the law allows for divorce.

They have missed perfection, they will be forgiven.

The greater sin than divorce is breaking your oatg to God. If your wedding vows included a promise to God, "tell death do we part", you have broken your oath to God. Which is why it says don't swear or take oaths in God's name, because you can't see tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That's easy. Since marriage is defined as between man and woman as per God and later Christ, there is no "gay marriage" to have to contemplate the question.

So from a Biblical and sin perspective gay marriage cannot be blessed by God. At best, it is a secular institution or one blessed by other religions or sects of Christianity that do not follow the Biblical definitions.

edit on 24-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's easy. Since marriage is defined as between man and woman as per God and later Christ, there is no "gay marriage" to have to contemplate the question.

And that defines gay marriage.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

But there is gay marriage, just like there is marriage between two people who are actually committing adultery in God's eyes, and are not truly married either.

So, if an adulterous remarried couple have sex once a week, and a married gay couple have sex once a week, who are the greater sinners?

edit on 24-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Why is it that the first words out of you're mouth always involve "a load of crap"?

You mean, the first words when I'm responding to something you're saying? I bet you can figure that out.....

I don't think what you say is "always" a load of crap ---- but, well, when you spew crap by the load, it's a load of crap......

Its not my business to know everyone's gender here on ATS. I could really care less.

You mean you "couldn't" care less.

Be that as it may, if you don't take the time to get to know other members so you can seriously discuss things intelligently with them, well ---- then why should they/we take your opinions about "God" seriously? You don't know "God" or God's "gender", either. You just think you do.

I'd say "Sorry." But I'm not. So I won't.

edit on 1/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

But there is gay marriage, just like there is marriage between two people who are actually committing adultery in God's eyes, and are not truly married either.

So, if an adulterous remarried couple has sex once a week, and a married gay couple have sex once a week, who are the greater sinners?

He who has broken any of the commandments, it is as though he has broken them all.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Sin is sin and the wages of sin is death.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I believe a person who believes in fairy tales can call themselves anything they want

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Okay. So gay marriage is no more or less a sin that hetero divorcees marrying each other. Right?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I know you are trying to draw an equivalence here, but you are going to fail because you've been arguing with a bunch of people who have been saying that divorce isn't allowed in God's eyes except in certain specific instances.

We have also said that you have to acknowledge your sin and be repentant.

Those in a "gay marriage" do not accept that what they are doing is sinful. Divorcees who remarry can and do with much greater occurrence. And before you argue that consider there is evidence for this with at least one poster in this very thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

uh oh.

There's someone in this thread whose wages are "death"?
Someone that you have determined (in all your righteousness) will go straight to hell?

wow.

bummer.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Indeed. And since all human beings have the free will choice to repent at any time, it is not for any one of us to cast aspersions against their character, except in those relatively rare circumstances where their sin comprises not only an affront to God, but a continued risk of serious harm coming to others, or their property. From such is the law derived, a simple concept which separates the sins which one should be jailed for and seek redemption for and the ones that a person ought to pray forgiveness for, without being incarcerated at the time.

But mark my words, all sins, no matter how severe, or how socially acceptable or even passé in these times, are between a person and God, the individual and Jesus. No mortal being has the right or power to come between a human being and the final judgement, the only one that has ever, or will ever have the slightest importance.

For any one of us to cast judgement, is to place ourselves upon the shoulder of God, to attempt to wear a mere thread from his mantle. In doing so, we echo the folly of Lucifer himself, and must ask forgiveness for it, when we catch ourselves about it, and in the strongest possible terms.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Okay. So gay marriage is no more or less a sin that hetero divorcees marrying each other. Right?

Nope, there's a big difference between a sin and an abomination that
kindles Gods wrath. I won't sugar coat it either.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

there's a big difference between a sin and an abomination

oh, randy......

sigh

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

We have also said that you have to acknowledge your sin and be repentant.

That really has nothing to do with whether or not something is inherently sinful.

Those in a "gay marriage" do not accept that what they are doing is sinful.

Like, leaving an abusive spouse and later finding the love of your life and living happily ever after....A lot of people won't see themselves as sinners or their predicament as sinful, but see themselves as blessed. Many who are in their second, or third..., marriage also won't admit that they are "living in sin" or that their love is inherently sinful. How is this different than a gay couple who find no condemnation in their love?

edit on 24-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Nope, there's a big difference between a sin and an abomination that
kindles Gods wrath. I won't sugar coat it either.

A sin is drinking Old Granddad. An abomination is drinking Pappy Van Winkle and putting ice in it.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Hey that's where the subject matter led Buzzy. God is the way he is
so take that up with him sweets. Don't shoot me I'm just the
piano player?

edit on Rpm12416v23201600000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

It's all good. I'm content to know that you're always there for my crap eruptions.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join