It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a 'True Follower of Jesus' be Divorced / Re-married & still call himself a 'Christian' ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What can I say back? Wait, I know!
It is truly a pleasure to make the acquaintance of
someone with the ability you have for discribing
that which I firmly believe is the absolute truth.

Kind regards

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
How can we be expected to have perfect marriages when God couldn't even get it right when he first invented marriage, in the Garden of Eden?

I now have a new excuse for leaving the seat up.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Did you know

Oh how nice of you to talk to me when ever you choose to.
Yupe, knew that.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

You mad 'cuz I didn't pander to your, what I can only hope was rhetorical, question?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

No haha I'm not mad at you cuz, ha ha. Merely pointing out
how rude you can be when you don't get to spring your
little semantic traps that's all. What's to be angry about?
We're both set in our ways and neither of us will ever
live up to the task of making the other one see the absolute
truth of this topic or any other that you thinly choose.
In other words, I can't get angry at you for avoiding the absolute
truth. But I will continue to point it out. Where ever there is
injustice! ( towards God ) I'll be there.

Angry, really?

Have a beer Win
edit on Rpm12516v24201600000041 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Merely pointing out
how rude you can be when you don't get to spring your
little semantic traps that's all.

I could have easily answered your silly question with elegant semantics, but it would have been lost on you. I chose to take the high road and leave it alone. I made my point.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Let the record show I tried to flag you down from
taking that road going the wrong way. 10 points
to the negative.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I repeat. I made my point. End of story.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Do you believe this was the world intended by God?
And you're wrong again. Always wrong. The story ends
when God says so. Not you.
Chant all you like it will
change nothing.

Guess you're on that HIGH road again.

edit on Rpm12516v50201600000035 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I don't believe in your god, Randy.

And, I disagree with many things that Jesus supposedly said, as well as many tenets of the Old Testament.

End of story.

edit on 25-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Do you believe this was the world intended by God?
And you're wrong again. Always wrong. The story ends
when God says so. Not you.
Chant all you like it will
change nothing.

Guess you're on that HIGH road again.

the story ends when the sun explodes in 4-5 billion years. so i guess in a way the sun worshippers had it right all along. the sun went a long way toward life developing on earth, and shall in time erase the earth entirely before consuming itself and scattering its own remains to the cosmic winds like so much ocean-swept debris in the night.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

If I'm convinced of anything it is that you have no idea what to believe
and you know even less. Of course you believe in God or you wouldn't
be here and everywhere else arguing against him. And he isn't a possession
of mine. God is....

to be continued....
edit on Rpm12516v14201600000016 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

Considering Jesus hung about with Mary Magdalene who was apparently a known prostitute i really dont see the problem Christianity has regarding Divorce and/or remarriage.

Then again show me an organised religion that does not ooze hypocrisy from its very seams and i will be rather surprised.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

And

Now look you two...

Clearly you folks are coming at things from a different point of view, and that's all to the good. But please could we keep this thing a) strictly on topic, and b) keep our civility at a high ebb? Let's deal with the subject matter, or leave each other alone? Can we please have a thread like that? Pretty please?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
ATTENTION PLEASE -

Please stay on topic and knock off the tit for tat off topic posts. If it continues posting bans will follow.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: TrueBrit

He was baptized and he and his reverend claimed he had repented.

So Jeffy accepted children into his belly and then the Holy Spirit into his heart. Now he gets to dine with the J-Man in Heaven because all is forgiven.

Thanks Obama!!!!

Only God is fit to judge the truth and sincerity of Dahmer's repentance, not you, me, or anyone else. But God's court isn't in this world, so that's why we have our own system to handle these things.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The other poster disagrees with you. He feels all you need to do is accept Jesus into your heart. Sort of like some Freeman on the Land spiritual woo where you can say some magic words in court and not pay taxes but in this case have all your misdeeds nullfied.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Sigismundus

Considering Jesus hung about with Mary Magdalene who was apparently a known prostitute i really dont see the problem Christianity has regarding Divorce and/or remarriage.

Then again show me an organised religion that does not ooze hypocrisy from its very seams and i will be rather surprised.

Was ... past tense.

You can stop being a prostitute and be forgiven. This has all been explained. It is also obvious that while Christ forgives sins and calls sinners to repent, that does not also mean he openly tolerates ongoing sin. After all, in the famous incident where he stopped the woman from being stoned, he didn't stop it because he was approving of what she had done or saying that she was blameless of sin. In fact, he told her to go and sin no more, meaning he forgave her for the sin that had brought her up to be stoned and told her to stay blameless in the future.

So, the question is one of what kind of sin divorce and remarriage are.

Is it a single sin or an ongoing state of sin?

If the marriage bond is one that joins you to another person forever in God's eyes, except for a few specific circumstances that He would allow you to be released from it, then you would always be joined to that person as one flesh, even if legally you are separated in the eyes of the state and moved on with your life? That would be a continual sinful state.

Or is it one clean break, one sin you atone for?

Mary Magdalene didn't continue to turn tricks even as she followed Christ as an apostle and there is some speculation that she may not even have turned tricks to begin with.

Nonetheless, I think everyone still agrees there is forgiveness for repentance no matter what.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The only problem with this argument is that there is no scripture to support Mary Magdalene as having been a prostitute. She was, however, said to have been possessed by 7 demons.

Soon afterwards, He began going around from one city and village to another, proclaiming and preaching the kingdom of God. The twelve were with Him, 2and also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and sicknesses: Mary who was called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, 3and Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others who were contributing to their support out of their private means.
Luke 8

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join