It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The certainty that uncertainty will remain certain.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hey Ats, its been a damn long time since I have posted my thoughts. I always feel this is a great place to express ones thoughts, the anonymity and diverse array of minds that linger always remains a recipe for great conversions. Time flies, I have been part of this place for quite sometime. Allot has happened and If I look back at who I was when I signed up to Ats and were I am know I could easily be distinguished as two different people in the same body. That is the beauty of life, the process and the capability to observe it. So last night I felt the urge to write whilst I was in a deep state of reflection. I Thought what better place to share it than Ats. Give it a read, give me opinions. Lets have a chat about the fundamental precursors of being human. Please keep in mind this was conjured in the early hours of the morning from they grey matter within my cranium so take it with a pinch of subjectivity. That is after all the point of this exercise. My better half is an English teacher and she keeps urging me to share the things I write and I never do, but what the heck here it goes .....

This enigmatic existence among a plagiarized society can be a subjective belief within the minds of many people. We view the very fabric of reality through our own two eyes. What a scary thought to realize that even though there are billions of people roaming this earth no one will ever be able to think inside of us. This is what I will label the’’ Me, myself and everybody paradox’’. This is one of the major dilemmas one can face on a philosophical quest. Empirical evidence simply is not enough in regards to a clear understanding of what it entails to successfully exist. One man may be very comfortable with the unknown and unbeknownst to him he may be ‘’happy’’ because he simply has not questioned his existence to such an extent that factual answers become abstract interpretations.

Here I am, I being me, this fabricated piece of organic matter constructed of pure energy within the limitations of my physiology and trapped in my own ‘’mind’’ so to speak. I feel the very premise of animation, life or whatever you deem fit as a label to be the biggest anomaly that science still fails to quantify with in logical fundamental meaning. Science can always explain the how but it fails miserably at explaining the why. We know how we work but why we work in the first place becomes open to interpretation and in my own opinion a breeding ground for lunacy in all senses of fabricated lies to control the unwary. Merely observing social behavior can indicate the sheer strength of influence. It is fascinating how quickly one may adapt their behavior to fit into a group, even if it means temporarily overriding their own morality for fear of being left out. That is the juicy contradiction that many seem to struggle with on a daily basis. The ironic truth is everybody is alone within their own minds. I may tell you this is what I am thinking but in actual fact you may never know what I am really thinking, think about that.

Follow the leader even though the leader is following nothing but uncertainty smothered in confidence. This is the perceived pattern of existence. Nobody really knows exactly what is going on and as soon as I meet an individual that is certain they know the one true way of being I then feel the urge to unravel their subjective progression as a state of comfort and not being. The cold hard truth is their will never be an ultimate truth. This is due to many limitations but the major ones I can think of on the spot would be our senses and capacity of computing and inaccuracy of memory coupled with the imagination always ready to fill in the blanks. Positive and negative may be products of magnetic forces but those words applied to existence is about as subjective as this whole piece of writing.

Let us ponder on why this world is in such a state of disarray. Some say it is a pattern in nature, random chaos that has been perpetually popping in and out of existence within the unlimited framework we call the universe. Other believes in benevolence with its guiding hand slowly urging life to follow a predetermined plan. Others believe this is all an illusion that is projected from space time in the form of a hologram. This is the beauty of existence, we get to choose and choice is a precursor of diversity and life is diversity at its simplest of defining factors. Both states of pleasure and absolute discomfort is existing at this very moment and everything in between is being experienced by billions of other s. I know pain but I might not know your pain and that is what makes it okay to not always understand. When I look at people my mind automatically categorizes their appearances with traits and characteristics but I don’t really know who this people are. This is the limiting factor of a brain that needs to make sense of everything and the very reason why I am writing this piece in the first place.

I might never truly discover an ultimate purpose but I can enjoy the splendors of my experience. The sensation of skin on skin contact. The aroma of a freshly brewed coffee. Even the blissful resonance of instruments in harmony with the goose bumps on my skin. By my own interpretation these are the very things that drive us to survive. The pursuit of happiness and it never ends because happiness is not stagnant; it evolves along with our personalities and needs. We can seek company with others that make us feel alive, that help us develop in a symbiotic and mutually beneficial relationship. We can create within the limitations of the laws of physics. Without our imaginations and thoughts we would never test these boundaries and take a leap of faith in the unknown and unexplored.
It’s okay to be human, we don’t know any other way of being.

edit on 23-1-2016 by FreeThinkerbychoice because: Grammar Police gave me a fine

edit on 23-1-2016 by FreeThinkerbychoice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Life is a mixture of highs and lows, despite our best efforts.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Indeed it is so lets aim high and crawl through the lows its all relative tot the speed of light because without light we are physically screwed

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeThinkerbychoice
I feel the very premise of animation, life or whatever you deem fit as a label to be the biggest anomaly that science still fails to quantify with in logical fundamental meaning.

Science doesn't deal with 'meaning' that's what philosophy is. Science deals with 'how', not 'why'.

We use science as a tool to explain our observations of naturally occurring phenomena by means of how they function, and how they came to be.

'Meaning' is a 'why' not a 'how'.

Science can always explain the how but it fails miserably at explaining the why.

Looks like you beat me to it (I'm responding as I read). It's not that it fails at explaining why, it's that it simply never attempts to answer 'why' in the first place. That's not the purpose of Science.

Merely observing social behavior can indicate the sheer strength of influence. It is fascinating how quickly one may adapt their behavior to fit into a group, even if it means temporarily overriding their own morality for fear of being left out.

We can actually determine these factors by looking into the biological history of group-mentality, social species, and communal living. It all has to do with survival.

The cold hard truth is their will never be an ultimate truth.

This is true.

After reading your OP, I would say you're on the verge of being correct in your analyses, but you're forgetting one crucial point. Nothing may ever be absolutely certain, but that does not mean that everything we can observe provides no weight to coming to a conclusion.

For instance, we have never personally been to another planet. We can see them through telescopes, we can send probes to them and receive information back from them, but we have yet to personally go to one. Does that mean that we cannot come to the conclusion that planets exist? Of course not.

We have can objectively prove that planets exist through external factors, mathematics, observation of gravitational forces, so on and so forth. We can still come to a conclusion, regardless if we cannot be 100% certain on anything.

That is what many seem to forget.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeThinkerbychoice

Hello,

The life experience as you might call it, or incarnation, is such that there is much confusion. As if a veil has been placed over your eyes and you can only see a fraction of what you saw before. The "not knowing" or "uncertainty" is with a purpose - for it is the misunderstanding and the mistakes that we make that creates new experience and understanding.

This is just my belief of course.

Namaste.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The people ruining everything on an industrialized scale know exactly what they are doing. They just pretend they don't.

"What, who, Meee…?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

I feel the very premise of animation, life or whatever you deem fit as a label to be the biggest anomaly that science still fails to quantify with in logical fundamental meaning.

Science doesn't deal with 'meaning' that's what philosophy is. Science deals with 'how', not 'why'.

We use science as a tool to explain our observations of naturally occurring phenomena by means of how they function, and how they came to be.

'Meaning' is a 'why' not a 'how'.

Science can always explain the how but it fails miserably at explaining the why.

Looks like you beat me to it (I'm responding as I read). It's not that it fails at explaining why, it's that it simply never attempts to answer 'why' in the first place. That's not the purpose of Science.

Merely observing social behavior can indicate the sheer strength of influence. It is fascinating how quickly one may adapt their behavior to fit into a group, even if it means temporarily overriding their own morality for fear of being left out.

We can actually determine these factors by looking into the biological history of group-mentality, social species, and communal living. It all has to do with survival.

The cold hard truth is their will never be an ultimate truth.

This is true.

After reading your OP, I would say you're on the verge of being correct in your analyses, but you're forgetting one crucial point. Nothing may ever be absolutely certain, but that does not mean that everything we can observe provides no weight to coming to a conclusion.

For instance, we have never personally been to another planet. We can see them through telescopes, we can send probes to them and receive information back from them, but we have yet to personally go to one. Does that mean that we cannot come to the conclusion that planets exist? Of course not.

We have can objectively prove that planets exist through external factors, mathematics, observation of gravitational forces, so on and so forth. We can still come to a conclusion, regardless if we cannot be 100% certain on anything.

That is what many seem to forget.

Like I stated in the original thread I truly appreciate other peoples perspective on things. It is after all the experience and the meaning or ''philosophy'' as you state is ironically the precursor to the existence of the scientific method. It is a yearning to know more that drives us to progress in all these fields of logical deductions and analytic reasoning. I am very well aware of the philosophical and scientific forms of thought I am merely stating the experience between the first person sight and invisible mind and how it interacts with all the constant progression and adaptation to new things were ethics and morality comes into play. At what cost are we willing to push the boundaries of discovery when there will be nothing left to discover for a self destructive race. I belief philosophy and science although two different entities still overlap each other when it comes to ''living life'' Respect for your mindset

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreatWay
a reply to: FreeThinkerbychoice

Hello,

The life experience as you might call it, or incarnation, is such that there is much confusion. As if a veil has been placed over your eyes and you can only see a fraction of what you saw before. The "not knowing" or "uncertainty" is with a purpose - for it is the misunderstanding and the mistakes that we make that creates new experience and understanding.

This is just my belief of course.

Namaste.

A very interesting belief. I use to research reincarnation when I was younger. I have always been fascinated by the premise but I still remain on the fence as I can only go as far as my reason takes me. However I respect your mindset and your ideals and principles are one of the greatest gifts in regards to freedom of will. Keep well and good luck on your chosen journey

top topics

join