It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piece of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 found perhaps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just saw this and thought I would post it up.

Snip from the article:

BANGKOK (Reuters) - A piece of suspected plane wreckage has been found off the coast of southern Thailand, a local official said on Saturday, prompting speculation it might belong to Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, which vanished nearly two years ago.

A large piece of curved metal washed ashore in Nakhon Si Thammarat province, where villagers reported it to the authorities to help identify it, Tanyapat Patthikongpan, head of Pak Phanang district, told Reuters.

"Villagers found the wreckage, measuring about 2 meters wide and 3 meters long (6.6 by 9.8 feet)," he said

LINK TO ARTICLE

Seems to me this could make more sense of the area of where it could have come down. Then again in that area could be a piece of a plane from any point in time.
I cant help wonder if it did break up on impact which I'm guessing it did, would those pieces also been able to drift west so far through the bay of Bengal and end up where they found the last pieces that we never really heard anymore about? I really don't see how it could of without drifting a long ways around that bit of land mass.

Also seems to me this is a area that wasn't really searched as those were mainly focused more to the south east.

Anyhow just throwing it out here case you didn't see the news of it.

LINK TO ARTICLE

edit on 1/23/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's amazing that these pieces of plane turn up in different parts of the world, yet they can ever be matched to what they claim to be.

No offence O.P, it's very interesting to me, but not for the reasons you may think. I am fascinated by the fact bits of plane turn up on shore and we don't know what it belongs to.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It could be, but it could be one of the other accidents in the area as well.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yeah I realize that the odds of it being that flight are quite minimal. Is that piece even big enough to get a hint of what or whom it may have belonged too?

And just what did become of those other pieces they found on the east coast of India anyway? Seems they just took them away and that was that, or was their a conclusion and I missed it?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

The flaperon they found was confirmed to be from Malaysia. They had to wait for the August vacation to end to confirm it, which is why it dropped off like that.

It all depends on where on the aircraft it's from. Some pieces are type specific, but if it's just skin, it will be hard to confirm and probably take awhile.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

the article siad there were a few numbers on one of the pieces...so...maybe they can identify if it came from MH370

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

If it has a part or serial then yeah, they can trace it back a lot easier.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's a piece of Japanese rocket. twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

join