It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How high is the snow, mama? (white hell!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze
Just keep hydrated and take frequent breaks, no matter how fast you want to get done. People have heart attacks shoveling snow because they don't take it easy.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Is that real? How do the trees grow on top of the snow? Or, nah, can't be that high?

What the hell?

Lol

P

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Just go out and buy a Yooper Scooper, they work great.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I lived in the LP for a while. It was a little worse there but not as bad as you guys get in the UP. I saw pics of people using upper windows to get out.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Love the thread title!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

STUNNED over those photos. So happy to see them, without having to personally experience it.
I would be so paranoid about avalanche!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
Thank you. I thought of it while trudging across the yard to do something earlier. I thought of the song I posted and it clicked.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Last I heard, we might get up to ten inches. Parking ban in effect. They are usually good about plowing the roads around here. Stay warm Skid!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I will and you do the same. Get any shopping done while you can. Good luck finding water or bread lol. Also watch out for idiot drivers. Stay safe.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I will and you do the same. Get any shopping done while you can. Good luck finding water or bread lol. Also watch out for idiot drivers. Stay safe.

I stayed home all day today and I have no plans for tomorrow. I have plenty of food and am warm and cozy.

Someone posted something funny on facebook...it was a picture of pieces of bread floating in a bowl of milk. I forget what the saying was, probably 'don't forget the bread and milk' or something. Seems when there is a snowstorm that's what people go for first. Hell, head for the munchies and wine or something. LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hay I donno if it's related but we feel the white all the way from Japan too, expect to be online not going outside..

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It sounds like you're all set.

I think it's always been that way with bread and milk. I worked at a grocery store when I was a kid and that's what we ran out of first.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
That sounds like a good plan. Keep warm and stay safe. If you have to go out, watch out for those mother fornicators who can't drive.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Is that real? How do the trees grow on top of the snow? Or, nah, can't be that high?

What the hell?

Lol

P

The trees argent growing on top of the snow, the snow snowed as high as the tree tops. Yes, it is real. There are sometimes high winds in some areas that also occur in snow storms and these large areas simply get covered with 10's of feet of snow. Think of it like a sand dune and how they 'move'

this one is in japan
edit on 23/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Looks to be Hokkaido not so unusual but out west and south snow that sticks to the ground is rare enough and that's dangerous for folks really do not know how to handle it Skid Mark is on point in this.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Looks to be Hokkaido not so unusual but out west and south snow that sticks to the ground is rare enough and that's dangerious for folks really do not know how to handle it Skid Mark is on point in this.

Well, I'm just east of the Canadian Rockies, so snow definitely sticks

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
They're like that here, too. It's even bad where they're used to snow.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Last I heard, we might get up to ten inches. Parking ban in effect. They are usually good about plowing the roads around here. Stay warm Skid!

We have parking bans that go from November to the end of April so they can plow at night..
edit on 24-1-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Just think of all those humongous ripped muscles you're going to develop after doing this all day:

But that's not so bad...

My hubby leaves Feb 1st for the northern tip of Baffin Island in the Arctic Circle to work... where they only have 2 hours of daylight right now.

-40 celsius temps with winds gusting at 50kmh on a daily basis.

I'll take a couple feet of snow on my driveway over that crap any day !

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge
I feel for your hubby. I really do. I hope he won't be there long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join