It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How high is the snow, mama? (white hell!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't know about you but that damn white stuff is up past my knees and it's still coming down. Oh, how I hate it! I'm just glad we got a lot of wood in last night. I have no idea what we'll do once we run out if it keeps up. There's no way out of here. Oh this sucks! Somebody should rewrite that song that Johnny Cash sang called Five Feet High and Rising and make it about snow. That's how it feels right now.

I know once it melts the yard is going to be a damn quagmire. Nice!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Piks..... or it didn't happen!!!!! /sarc... I would, however love to see the white stuff

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader
I would post but all I have is a crappy camera. I've tried and all I get is complete white.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
One thing that's funny. My sweetheart, being from New Guinea, has never seen snow before. I had to explain it to her. It ended up being a long email about the different kinds of snow, blizzards, what snow is like, driving in snow, and things you can do in the snow. That tickled her to no end.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

What? Why does it have to be a *WHITE* hell?

Da's racis!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Lol!! Enjoy the seclusion and company
it's a good day to be snowed in

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides
Lol Snow is white and it is hell out there.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Dat's still racis, tho!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

We have clear, blue and 22 here... the suns a shining and it's 35 degrees...going to throw a filet on the grill and open a bottle of pinot noir

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader
That sounds nice. Drink one for me.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides
Okay. I'll go out and dump green paint on it. Then it'll be green hell. Shoot. I can't call it that. It'll be racist against frogs!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Im jealous.
I love the white stuff.
Nothing makes me happier than getting snowed in with the family.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Blunt. I have to agree. .. something about being 'destitute' or just 'stuck'.... if I did have the fortune of being w/family. ... it would be a Hallmark moment

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

From your screen name your location reads: mountains. I'm gonna take a wild but educated guess you're in the Applachians? I'm gonna one-up you on the "white hell" description; I'm stuck in the Piedmont area of NC and we ended up with a half to an inch of freezing rain and was powerless for 18 hours - that/this is hell to deal with (plus NC drivers are terrible in this type of weather). I'll take 22 inches of snow over this PITA of ice covered by an inch or 2 of snow.

Hoped you're stocked up on the goodies and be safe. Many blessings.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I don't know about you but that damn white stuff is up past my knees and it's still coming down.

Past your knees! golly gee, whatever will you do!

*opens garage door to shovel a path for my vehicle to fit through*

Good ol' Canadian Rocky-area. I always find it funny when places that don't get any or much snow have a sudden downpoor of an inch or something, and the whole city goes into madness and shutsdown. Past your knees isn't too bad.... But........

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Well you can send a truck down to load it all up. You can have it lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat
You are correct! I'm in West Virginia.

It sounds like you have your own stuff to deal with. At least we have power here. I hope yours gets turned on soon. Be careful on the roads and stay safe.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
Wow! Okay. You got me there. That pic really looks like hell.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's over a foot here in SoMd.What sucks is the damn snow blower isn't working..So it's going to be tiring shoveling time clearing the driveway the next couple of days.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
We only got about 7.5 inches in total according to my yardstick. We had just over an inch from an earlier snow when this one hit. Luckily, no ice here and no widespread power outages.
Fortunately for us, no shoveling required. We're in for the duration. Plenty of supplies.
I did have to get beyond the porch today to dump the ashes from the fireplace but that has been my only venture out beyond the porch.
Staying indoors, cooking, listening to music and basketball games, watching the birds and entertaining a couple of cats with cabin fever keeps us amused.

I'm going to attempt to post a photo from a few minutes ago when I caught the rising moon.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join