It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calais port locked down as migrants break fences and board British ferry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
If only

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
And oh screw the German Queen!

Germany no longer has royalty, I believe the poster was referring to Queen Elizabeth, our British born and bred Queen.

On topic....

Why isn't France doing more to prevent this sort of thing happening? It is happening on their soil after all.

The rights of the refugees need to be taken care of, but at the same time some order needs to be maintained.
She is German by descent. All our royalty are German and some Nazi sympathizers.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
And oh screw the German Queen!

Germany no longer has royalty, I believe the poster was referring to Queen Elizabeth, our British born and bred Queen.

On topic....

Why isn't France doing more to prevent this sort of thing happening? It is happening on their soil after all.

The rights of the refugees need to be taken care of, but at the same time some order needs to be maintained.

I thought he was referring to mad Merkal

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I hope I never get hit by a Toyota. I'll bleed to death waiting for my Japanese ambulance.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Yeah, ignorance is bliss. You would have thought the English accent gave it away!

The boss of the UK haulage association is calling on the French to do more and call in the army.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Clearly, up until now the French authorities have struggled. I agree with Corbyn that there needs to be a solution t this problem. My solution is to round them up and drop them off in North Africa, or their declared country of origin. Corby's solution is to open the doors, like a few thousand ignorant and uneducated young men are needed in the UK right now.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Clearly, up until now the French authorities have struggled. I agree with Corbyn that there needs to be a solution t this problem. My solution is to round them up and drop them off in North Africa, or their declared country of origin. Corby's solution is to open the doors, like a few thousand ignorant and uneducated young men are needed in the UK right now.

Yup.

We dont need to do a freaking mad Merkal and just open the doors.

Look at what is happening in Sweden and Germany! Is Corbyn really that blind to what is happening in te EU?

work out which ones have Kids and setting them across the EU then send the single men back to what ever country they came from.
edit on 24-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The reason why these people don't seek asylum in France is because they will all be chucked out because they won't be eligible. When, or if, they arrive illegally in the UK they will just end up being sucked into the black economy. They are not after asylum, they are after crap jobs and abuse.

The UK does not want, or need, more people who live in the shadows and only become known when they are arrested for criminality, to then just leeches on the State as they wind through the protracted deportation process. These immigrants should just take the hint and go home.

We need to recolonise the regions these poor people come from. The natives in those regions previously under our rule have proven incapable of self government and need our guiding hand again to build up their states. The colonial system should never have ended when it did and needs finishing where we left off to create proper economies for the poor to thrive in. Canada, Australia, South Africa were ready for independence when we gave it to them having been thoroughly civilised, the rest were simply not ready for independence and what we see from those regions in the people fleeing for the mother countries is absolute evidence of this.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Immigrants migrate, refugees flee.

Aren't the French getting tired of guarding the UK?

Why are they seeking refuge in the UK? They already have refuge in France, right?

Because the welfare system is a little more generous over here in the UK, and illegal immigrants take priority over British citizens when it comes to council housing and health care.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

We need to recolonise the regions these poor people come from. The natives in those regions previously under our rule have proven incapable of self government and need our guiding hand again to build up their states. The colonial system should never have ended when it did and needs finishing where we left off to create proper economies for the poor to thrive in. Canada, Australia, South Africa were ready for independence when we gave it to them having been thoroughly civilised, the rest were simply not ready for independence and what we see from those regions in the people fleeing for the mother countries is absolute evidence of this.

Its unpopular but I agree.

Most these country were not ready for independence.

Yes eventually they should have got it as we were wrong to colonize them in the first place.

But its was wrong to let them go when they were not ready.

USA made a mistake getting France and UK to give up its colony’s so early.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Maybe you guys just need to vet them better and build a wall?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75

We are vetting them and we have a big ocean rather than a wall.

That’s the problem and why they stormed the ferry cause unlike Germany we don’t have open borders.

And I hope we don’t change that policy because we can see what a catastrophe its been in mainland Europe!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

That’s the problem and why they stormed the ferry cause unlike Germany we don’t have open borders.

And I hope we don’t change that policy because we can see what a catastrophe its been in mainland Europe!

That's no fair, hows come you guys get a free ocean and we would have to build a wall?
I DEMAND satisfaction.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

That's no fair, hows come you guys get a free ocean and we would have to build a wall?
I DEMAND satisfaction.

Maybe ask trump to build a new Canal instead?

Actually thats a good idea as it would do two things! Keep out immigrants and allow shipping through

And sure pistols ar dawn. That dawn GMT EST, CST MST or PST?
edit on 24-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I love reading the conversations about the refugee and illegal immigration issues you guys have over there.
Not because am glad you guys are having problem per 'se, but because it demonstrates to some of the idiots over here that wanting to protect ones national boarders, is not an American "Racist ideology."
For some reason there are quite a few who seem to under the impression that not wanting to keep illegal aliens and to shore up the borders from illegal aliens is in itself a thing to be abhorred. It seems that these people also as a general rule look to you guys in Europe and the UK as an example of how things ought to be.
I don't know if they are confusing illegal immigration with the relative ease of cross national employment you guys have over there or what, but it is confusing to me.
By ease of Cross National employment I am speaking of the fact that one can be "English", go to work in Ireland and then go back home to England for supper.
I had a friend who did just that everyday, to sell used boats.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Glinda

It's because they are not refugees and they know it.

Jeez how dense is everyone!!!

Gaddafi told us they would invade EXACTLY like this!

Their increasing inclination towards lawlessness is an obvious example of their true intention.

Not complicated.

Yep, Gadaffi told us, still Sarkozy and Cameron were hellbent on removing him. Enjoy the fruits of the western "diplomacy".

David Cameron: 'Gaddafi must go now'
www.bbc.com...

edit on 24-1-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Your argument doesnt stand with regards to keep saying their homelandsare being bombed. The vast majority arent coming from Syrua and Iraq butare coming from Somalia, Ethiopia and Pakistan.

Asylum is supposed to be about being in a safe Country and they are in a safe Country, they have also travelled through many safe Countries to get to Calais. There seems to be an assumption that UK are doing something bad by not allowing people to enter illegally.

5,000 requested asylum last month in the UK so those sre probably the numbers getting through illegally each month. If UK allowed these migrants ftom Calais to come into UK imagine the numbers who would flock here once the message got out. The numbers are already unsustainable, we are an Island and are one of the most populated areas in the World here in England. There are already hundreds of thousands homeless in our Country and there are many in that state because they are running from their own traumas such as sexual and violent abuse. Our schools are overflowing and many British people have to travel miles because there is no room in local schools. Drs lists are closed, Dentists lists are closed, our hospitals dont have the beds (my mum has just been taken in this morning and is presently on aa corridor because there are no beds). Our roads are at a standstill a 3 mile journey can take up to an hour. We neeed the land for farming etc to feed the population. There are tens of thousands on waiting lists for houses.

In Calais many have no identity papers and refuse to be fingerprinted as they dont want to claim asylum in France which is a safe Country. They refuse good footwear. Although France have built better facilities many have refused to move they seem to prefer living in squalid conditions.

France should get tough with these people. If they refuse to be vetted and refuse to seek asylum in France where they would then be taken to proper reception centres then they should deport them in my opinion. The security risk is too great as in one of the camps in Germany some refugees recognised one of the refugees as a member of ISIS back in Syria. There could be many criminals or ISIS terrorists hiding amongst the camp migrants. A lot of migrants have become more violent and lorry drivers have been threatened with knives. In our Country and France if a citizen threatened someone with a knife they would be arrested. The same should happen with migrants but doesnt. Soonet or later someone is going to be killed. The numbers are growing daily and it is soon going ti become unmanageable, better to deal with it now rather than later. a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Your argument doesnt stand with regards to keep saying their homelandsare being bombed. The vast majority aren't coming from Syrua and Iraq but are coming from Somalia, Ethiopia and Pakistan.

Pakistan and Somalia are directly threatened by not only US drone strikes but in Pakistan the Taliban (driven from Afghanistan by US military invasion) are threatening ordinary people, drawing the US drones and fighting with the Paki government.

Somalia is also a hell hole no thanks to US intervention and drones there. Generally, the Middle East and Northern Africa where primary numbers of refugees flee is destabilized by US and NATO since well before the 'First' Gulf War.

Remember, because of oil and other resources? ow many times have we bombed, invaded Iraq now? They're gearing up to go into Syria right now. Always making it worse. Wait till their cycle begins with Iran, they are already suffering US sanctions…

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

Because the welfare system is a little more generous over here in the UK, and illegal immigrants take priority over British citizens when it comes to council housing and health care.

Thanks for that. But the UK doesn't let them in, so why struggle to flee war torn regions, risk drowning in the Mediterranean, cross Europe all the way to the Channel, then struggle with authorities to get across illegally?

Does the UK keep them if they make it or deport them?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace

originally posted by: intrptr

Immigrants migrate, refugees flee.

Aren't the French getting tired of guarding the UK?

Why are they seeking refuge in the UK? They already have refuge in France, right?

Illegal immigrants by their very definition are not registered and therefore have no way of claiming housing or benefits.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

'Labours' fault... they atarted this whole mess and now we have those people fighting blindly for the Illegals not nowing that in years to come it may come back to bite them where it hurts!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join