It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Black Republican Association just endorsed....a racist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Way to twist things around. Does it matter to liberals, or anyone who isn't a Trump supporter or conservative, that this little organization supports Trump? No. What's hilarious is that the OP and yourself think this endorsement is big news and that it somehow excuses Trump's bigoted ways.

The only desperation here comes from the conservative camp.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There is no excuse as Trump is not a bigot. This was a report (OP) about an endorsement that is larger than 2 people.

I take it she is also only one person and it does not matter right? What it is showing is that there are those out there unlike how most of you say " I talk to democratic friends all the time and none of them are voting for Trump". I mean, what, so you poll 5 of your friends and that makes it accurate?

www.theamericanmirror.com...

This is good stuff if for nothing else it shows that there is no just hate in the world.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
There is no excuse as Trump is not a bigot.

He may be, he may not be. That's the thing about Trump: He makes vague polarizing statements that cause his supporters to have to scramble to defend him all the time. The process ends up discrediting him and his supporters.

Take for example this comment Trump made, in August:

"I think that he has set a very low bar, and I think it's a shame for the African-American people. And by the way, he has done nothing for African-Americans. You look at what's gone on with their income levels. You look at what's gone on with their youth. I thought that he would be a great cheerleader for this country. I thought he'd do a fabulous job for the African-American citizens of this country. He has done nothing. They are worse now than just about ever.

Did he mean to say "worse OFF now?" Maybe. But that's not what he said. He did talk about their economic plight, but then he mentioned black youth, too.

The facts indicate that Trump is a provocateur. I don't understand how his supporters cannot see this. He is capable of making a point without turning off so many people, yet he doesn't. In the end, it looks like his supporters defend racism....and sexism...and xenophobia.

"Worse off," THAT is a sentiment I can get behind. "Worse?" No. That's too broad and disparaging. I cannot get behind that sentiment and wouldn't bother to defend it.

edit on 24-1-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I believe that any person of colour who thinks the Republicans have all the answers has already shown that they can't be trusted to make decisions.

However, this endorsement of the biggest racist in contention by the Black Republican Caucus is beyond baffling.

It's almost like they've been paid off for this announcement.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The funny part is that no more than a few minutes after your post about their incredibly small membership numbers the text had been changed to show that unbelievably huge number. While it's possible that their members number higher than 2, I think 2.3 million is absolutely ridiculous.

Given their shrinking web presence, I would think that their political relevance is of very little importance. Some of the articles that I scanned indicated that even the Republican party has distanced themselves from that association. Not to mention that other Black Republican organizations have criticized the NBRA's inflammatory rhetoric and unsavory practices.

I bet Trump edited it himself.
LOL! I never even thought of that. Trump is very shrewd, and I could see someone in his organization making such changes to Wikipedia to make this endorsement look like it is meaningful.

-dex

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

No, he meant "They are worse now than just about ever." This is true. Black on black crime is an epidemic, there are no jobs for teens and younger Blacks and there is no real hope in sight. It sucks for them to be honest.

Maybe it is you who is wrong in your line of thinking and the supporter who wants something other than what we have, in a package that looks not afraid to stand up and try to make a difference.

The fact that you want to discuss worse or worse off is disheartening to say the least instead of his issue outlines that are in his latest book as well as his website. Very transparent and if you read, you will see he does not want to give specifics till he gets the nod. Why give competition your ideas?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: MotherMayEye

No, he meant "They are worse now than just about ever." This is true. Black on black crime is an epidemic, there are no jobs for teens and younger Blacks and there is no real hope in sight. It sucks for them to be honest.

Maybe it is you who is wrong in your line of thinking and the supporter who wants something other than what we have, in a package that looks not afraid to stand up and try to make a difference.

The fact that you want to discuss worse or worse off is disheartening to say the least instead of his issue outlines that are in his latest book as well as his website. Very transparent and if you read, you will see he does not want to give specifics till he gets the nod. Why give competition your ideas?

It does suck for them, and that is exactly why calling them "worse" is a piss-poor way of describing the plight of black America.

I know people want real and effective change and they actually deserve a candidate who can make it happen without turning people away with crass, polarizing statements. That's not Trump.

I will never read anything (else) written by Trump because I've known for years that he is a political operative, provocateur, and a controlled opposition plant. There's no reason to bother with him, because I will never take him seriously anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join