It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel the Bern... A report from the streets.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Feel the Bern... Catchy.
Feel the "Hill" just doesn't have any pop. Globalists are noticing.

So on to the "street" part.
My local Bernie Sanders booth has been staffed every single Saturday, rain or shine for 6 months straight. I know. I run into them every Sat at my farmers market. I always stop to chat them up. After today, they might be hiding from me

They seem nice and are reasonably well informed. I say reasonably because from time to time, they stray into the realm of religion.
Let me explain what I mean by that. I'm referring to the religion of "American Democrazy".

I asked the guy to explain how Bernie could consider the Iraq holocaust a "strategic miss". Bernie is saying it would have been different if there weren't a "power vacuum" for the boogey men to fill when the US left. I suppose he's implying we needed to stay longer? IDK. Not ready to accept that the Iraq war is naked imperialism? Strike one. I questioned the dude about Bernie's comment that "...Assad must go". I asked how Bern's supporters reconcile those things that are obviously in opposition.

The young man's answer went something like this; " Bernie is in a campaign. He has to say some stuff just to win the D.nom. Strike two

The guy said I should look at his long voting record to determine what his true values are. I said I need to know why Bernie supports imperialist mass murder. This is when the guy started to fill in all the blanks about what Bernie really means, thinks, etc. Strike three. It's a religion at this point and this guy is the priest.

Of course I can't possibly vote for someone if I can't believe a word they say. That would just be insane right? So that's why I'm absolutely convinced it is negative to vote in this system at all. It fractures the psyche. I causes your mind to capitulate critical thought.

So if you are one of those people that has either given up on this system or you at least feel a great deal of dissonance, there may be some good news. You are not taking the program. That's good. If you happily vote and rag on people that don't? The decision to wake up is your own.
edit on 23-1-2016 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I expect that Bernie will get straightened out like Ross Perot did .....
Either that or be coopted....

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I used to be one of those, no point in voting types, but Bernie gives me hope that grassroots may be able to succeed, enough that it's worth it to try.

Until Bernie it felt an impossibility. Is Bernie the best candidate ever? No, but at least he's not bought and paid for, for good or bad, if he get's elected it's because the people not big business chose it. Bernie is in a way, the last chance to show our votes actually have power and matter.

If he fails, and as a result we can't take back the government by peacefully voting in representatives that are for us and not big business super-PACS, all that leaves to get government back is a violent revolution and nobody wants that.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
And so said the Pharisees, though they at least questioned the christ rather than the lowly followers.

You condemn a man for the actions of over zealous uninformed followers being allowed to run a booth,

and of course you asked a simple question and never baited these poors fools into a decisive pickle of your pre planning.

I call this a fail!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Friendly exchange of ideas, face to face and in person, is never a fail.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I generally respect people that can change their minds after engaging critical thought. I disagree your opinion of Bernie's integrity. Bernie is already being manipulated. This will continue if he's elected.

The people can't vote to stop a war the military industrial complex is planning. Bernie can't break from the military adventurism? It's an incoherent position for a liberal progressive. Not going to make another vote I will live to regret. I don't like having regrets.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Excuse me for reading into your post; that you had lead the young Sanders supporter down a verbal path of your choosing and then pounced upon him, when he hit the stumbling block of your planning.

And of course I see exactly how this, makes Sanders an honest politician and brings your honesty into question.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I think you were suggesting ideas that you don't fully comprehend. 'Assad must go.' isn't naked imperialism.

Did you not pay any attention to the green revolution in Iran? The Arab Spring? The protests and the totalitarian crackdowns?

That's just point one. Point two is your bit about Iraq. It was a mistake from the start, Bernie understands this, he understood it when he voted against it a decade ago.

Your third point strategically and fundamentally falls and fails under the first two points. Sanders doesn't support imperialist mass murder and you have absolutely no evidence to even begin to support such a claim.

If you're really wanting to argue something with someone, don't pick on the volunteer in the booth just trying to scrounge up some primary votes. Especially don't spout off on topics you obviously have no idea and understanding of.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I don't think there are many people who can afford to "Feel The Bern" have you seen his tax proposal? YIKES!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

The other candidates want war, how will we pay for those wars!

Yikes!

I'd rather pay to build a strong middle class America; then send our troops to be maimed or killed in the battle for the oil cartels and banksters, just to insure their indecent profits.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't take what some guys in a booth say too seriously. They aren't the candidate and what they say is just their interpretation of what the candidate's positions are. So some guys set up a booth in a farmer's market. Are they then the definitive policy analysts for the candidate? I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

f over zealous uninformed followers

So, the one guy running the booth is an uninformed zealot, but all the rest of the Bernie fans are somehow better? Like many voters, I'd say a majority of Bernites [ trademarked so don't steal it ] are carbon copies of the guy running the booth. They parrot a few key things and just fill in the blanks with what they want to believe for the rest.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I might be able to understand your disappointment if you had posed those questions and gotten those answers from Bernie Sanders himself, instead of some surrogate manning a booth.

Most of those questions you ask, (which were indeed good questions) were probably way over the head of the average campaign worker/volunteer and I wouldn't expect to get any meaningful and/or binding answers from that level of the campaign.

If he had given you all the right answers, how would you know if Bernie was in agreement if he didn't say so himself?

I think your looking for the answers to some big questions from someone who is not equipped to answer them.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Could be deep cover operatives paid for by The Hillary Clinton for President Campaign

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Still astonished me that people think someone that has been a part of the system since the early '80s can be considered grass roots...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I finally felt the Bern last night ... but it might have been the excessive amount of hot sauce I put on my nachos, too.

top topics

join