It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Nope you understand much better now.

Start a laser focussed chat topic and invite me to it anytime you want.

I just don't want all the melodrama of an AMA type thread. Peoples feelings always get hurt you know.

Love you.

Kev

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Personally I think we're a lot like one of the middle-layers of one of those weird Russian wooden dolls. We may lose a layer or three over time, or gain some, but the "mind" at the heart of it stores all the information. I don't think tulpas are immortal, and I agree with Kev as far as souls go, but both those layers might argue otherwise. I suppose every entity in existence is wired up similarly in some ways, but I think the consciousness that animates them is the primal essence whether it's a animating a spirit/soul/physical-body or something else entirely.

Also, that bit of info Kevin pointed out about Benjamin Libet and the studies done which show conscious action being preceded by unconscious thought was fascinating, but I don't think it invalidates the idea of free-will or individual conscious minds (although I do wonder how that idea ties into spirituality myself). I simply think that, whatever we are, what we think of as "normal" consciousness is merely the tip of the iceberg.

Anyhow, that's my current opinion, whatever it's worth.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

It's not a question of bringing back old Gods but rather old understanding , the only reason being it was more advanced and sophisticated and capable of reestablishing contact with the original source for such as well as facilitating a more harmonious relationship with spiritual hierarchy.

Given that most major religions today see the original source for that knowledge as the epitome of evil i don't think it will benefit them in any way whatsoever, or the governments and institutions which derive their authority from those same traditions, in fact it should hopefully eradicate all.

If you can tell me how much you, the Fuzzy Wuzzy tribesman in Papua New Guinea, the janitor at the stadium, your nephew or dogs are currently hoping for and working towards facilitating such a transition there will be your answer with regards to what benefits you might expect to gain.

a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I think my motives can be simply summed up by the principles of Ishara, that might seem facile and simplistic but i'm tired of conflict, we need a little peace in our lives, that's it.
edit on Kpm22954vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday2429 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Worth quite a lot... if paralleling my own thoughts are worth anything that is, and I must think so or wouldn't bother polluting the internets...

yeah, whatever the label, some primal awareness/ essence woven into the fabric of all that is just makes sense and is supported by my own experiences... but the conglomerate we term "human" staying as it is for ever and ever seems not only ridiculous but as close to a "hell" as I can conjure...

terms vary as do general concepts, but there it is... or isn't.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I think some people wind up trapped in something similar to a dream-loop reflection of their lives (or a reflection of whatever afterlife their belief system favors) after they die, but in general I think most of us change and evolve over time.

I think a general trend towards change is the reason that most of our ghosts seem to be fairly modern in general. Otherwise, where are all the Romans and Neanderthals, et cetera. Whether they simply leave, or their quantum bits break down into the component bits, or reincarnate...who knows.

I sometimes joke about the light at the end of the tunnel being a cosmic angler-fish luring spirits to their doom. For all I know, that's a possibility somewhere as well.

I also sometimes wonder if spirits get confused along the way and show up just to say "We have come back from Jerusalem where we found not what we sought" lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I agree with you about those consciousness studies...I don't think they point to a negation of free will -

- I think they simply show how quickly the subconscious mind can take in information and 'know' (or calculate) ahead of time what action the conscious mind will choose in the given circumstances.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Some "souls" just jump to another copy of the same life and keep living in groundhog day.

Yuck.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

There's a critical link between Libets proof and the human animal. I'm going to write it up eventually.
Its at the very heart of spirituality and reality even.

Not doing well with "unsubscribing"

*curse you interesting people*

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Have you ever read the book, "What Dreams May Come?" (the movie is terrible, but the book conveys something similar to what you describe about being "trapped" according to their after-life 'beliefs'...

...I read somewhere once, "You get the God you believe in", which kind of made sense to me -

- so, it seems possible for people to 'get the after-life they believe in'...

Although, where that puts those of us who are on the fence is anybodies guess!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Well Ishara and I met "in the void". I would have called her Parvati or the Goddess Kundalini or Isis or Swmbo.

But it's the same Lady.

I just want peace in this world too....and until the new gods are obliterated...there will be no peace.

Kev
edit on 24-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Cant keep my goddess straight..there are dozens of names for each one.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Well fine....it seems that I have too deep a bond with some of you now to "unsubscribe".

But I'm nobody's "private shaman, shaman for money...I'll NOT do what you want me to do,
(Rip off of Tuna turner).

This is youse guys thread...so play nice with each other...I'll stay subscribed, but try to ignore it as much as possible...I have a project now.

Kev

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Well fine....it seems that I have too deep a bond with some of you now to "unsubscribe".

But I'm nobody's "private shaman, shaman for money...I'll NOT do what you want me to do,

"Ain't too proud to beg, baby..."
(Rip off Mick Jagger)

*smirk*

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Can't type... laughing too hard...

At least I have a picture of you now - it's so hard with folk without avi's ...crying from laughing now...

Do NOT unsubscribe from this thread, ever.

B xxxx

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Also, because I was bored...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Now who in their right mind would want to be squished in between Donald Trump and ISIS when you can be over here with Tina-the-singing-shaman, kewl beans(idhe) and space imps!!

I do have a serious question though. I will preface it with a brief explanation.
I have identical twin girls and have always been interested in dna information.

I've seen documentaries and read about dna testing. One of the tests involved removal of dna from a person, and then moving the sample to a different location. When the human was 'stimulated' and reacted, the remote dna also reacted (simultaneously).
(I'm not providing links or titles here, but will find them if requested.)
That in itself had me researching into the para-sympathetic pain/feelings that identical twins feel.

It also got me wondering about the little bits of dna that we leave all over the place. I toss theories about in my head, but can't find the words for this part.
When speaking of plasmas, ghosts, orbs...is it possible that it in any way has anything to do with dna left behind. (which is then somehow 'possessed' or activated by...something?)

The question is open to anyone with an idea or opinion.
jacy

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

I agree the religions of today view ancient knowledge as evil. I however am not sure how much of a truth there is in believing the source connection from that period was the strongest, for I believe we are of it and it is here as strong as it was yesterday or 60 000 years ago during the Indigenous aboriginals dreamtime.

I like to think 'source' as people describe it is not gone or disconnected but evolving and changing, it is not static ( it is not zero in math) so there is no need to replicate or go back to an ancient way of connection, our perception of it, everything is simply part of source. The tricksters and goddesses you all describe in different ways are of this source also.

My understanding ( which granted is as wrong or as right as anyone elses here who ponders such things ) is that the universe is math. Physical math we don't yet understand, a system of chaos and order, questions and answers. The source is either chaos or order, but I am unsure which is it's natural state,chaos or order? IT (as I call source, god or goddesses or tricksters) has the ability to ask questions and perpetuate infinity. Questions are an equation. Perhaps we are already just answers, and our confusion lies in our need to be creators or questions. Some, like yourself maybe are at the point of becoming creators or question makers.

Perhaps that is what qualifies benevolent beings. The ability to perpetuate the universes loop system comprised of questions and answers. But I see no universal hierarchy, for hierarchy is a purely an understanding or answer stemming from the human experience of ego. There only IS. And all are equal in that.

Mathematics is a natural component of the universe, the creative spark perhaps?
Humans have seperated it to become applied mathematics to answer simple questions, it's like we are on our training wheels to be creators down the track to perform physical mathematics. Is Chaos the natural state, and mathematics the unatural state? Are physcial algorythms how the universe attempts to explain itself?

These are my questions that nag at me or at most times I simply ignore.
Another question that pesters me is 'Why cant' you see a question in your head, as you are asking it?'
When the universe was made was there a material question such as those in my mind?
What if the Original question was "What am I"... Maybe light and rocks and matter or humans are infact the answer to the original algorythm or question?

What if "source" the original algorithm doesn't know what it is?
What if we are all just aspects of this creative spark trying to understand self.
IT may not know what it is.

It doesnt care what you or I or goddesses do, so long as you are replicating answers and questions to perpetuate infinity.
Chaos and Order
Chaos = physical questions and Order = physical answers.
Can we be greatful for life and begin to enjoy being answers, simply living? I'm not sure, as I think we perhaps are on a path being little creators ourselves.

Without quesitons we are just static. Asking questions is what progresses the universe.
We are replicating the very nature of creation, realising self through patterns in the chaos.

There is a creation FUNCTION in the universe but there is no gods.
We are a function, and sadly we are cofused about our function.
We are the ones who are going to be posing the question in time I suspect. That is all the "gods/tricksters" have become, question makers/physical algorythms. Life is going to pose the creation questions eventually, we will be the ones to create new universes, if we can stop squabbling with each other and answering the fractured questions like 'What is greed' and 'What is power' or 'What is anger.'

Everytime we think of something, the function of that nano second creates something the same or akin to when the univese being created...Where does a question exist? Where does your mind exist? Where does the universe exist?

The mathematics of the stars and galaxies as you suggest can give us clues to the nature of our being and our place in it, and I further suspect we are replicating, reflecting in symmetry the nature of the creative force in infinity.

But does infinity have a purpose ? Now that is a source question I suspect we are all answering.
My supposision is that our human purpose is confused, our role in perpetuating infinty has been lost to answering questions of the ego. Is the ego "the devil" ? That set of algorythms lead us to perpetuaute ego and fear drivers infinatly......
The Ego question is a required function or aspect of the universe, the question was asked, but it has been answered I suspect so why do we continue to perpetuate it? We do because of Fear, one of the most powerful questions that bind us in an infinite loop.

Life is but one answer to the universes chaotic questions.
Understand the actual role of the human species.
Life is not about ego, not about being human, which is how we answer sources questions currently, but its about answering new questions and allowing source to realise self.
Order from Chaos.
Simple and Symmetrical

Then again I am also of the opinion we are simply pointless. Almost like mold that took hold in a unique set of circumstances to spawn life and perpetuate itself. AN ACCIDENT? maybe we just are

But that too is just a loop.

edit on 24-2-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Yes... and as an aside, the decay of ghosts over time concept has been remarked on in the 'literature' (Grey Lady used to be Brown Lady in SPI, etc) and that thing that threw stones at me at a local park had started it's after-life as a vivid apparition of a cavalry soldier, but grew less colorful and more translucent as time progressed, until it was invisible, as when I experienced it.

But then we have the weirder ones, like the well documented apparition that showed up for years in the negative dark -to-light version of it's image before the person even actually died.

The woman whose image showed for years standing on a rock in a park in British Columbia was murdered and dumped at the foot of the rock outcrop where her image had been seen for 5 or so years before the murder/dump even occurred tells us some things about the illusory nature of time should anyone be smart enough to figure it out...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

And I too had to clench pretty hard not to let my coffee (and lunch) leak out into my underoos (remember Under-roos?) after reading that one.

Fits of pique or calm, wise decisions notwithstanding, we are, collectively, "They Who Shant Be Unsubscribed."

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Heh... diminutive humanoid bat boys from hell unite!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

And Zazz, curse me for a fool, as I most assuredly am, and sorry for interjecting into you and Kandzt's banter (in slow plodding days slow progressions), but my main take away, being a light thinker (at least most days and especially after work) is that:

"Oh, of COURSE the universe would be akin to an upper level mathematics class, as they were my least favorite classes... and finding oneself in an inescapable, huge math class just friggan figures!"

But I'll keep reading the rest and just nod along silently unless I have anything actually relevant to add.

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join