It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I think our sentience is intangible... and to exist in this "gross matter" environment, we just have a physical, neural nesting place for the energetic sentience... a place to shove our intangible intelligence up the meat puppet's arse, so-to-speak.

But that's my lazy way to explain the intangible intelligence I've experienced... I'll let Kev take it for the learned version of how it would interface.

though Kev has said the physical comes first and the energetic patterned sentience is shaped by physicality and simply retains the intelligent pattern as energy when the physical succumbs to entropy.

edit on 2/20/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/20/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/20/2016 by Baddogma because: hurried posts mangle delicate concepts

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I think it's possible, that some of these things are predatory towards other similar beings, and when combined with humans they become something else. Past that I really don't know, but I think it's partly the basis for the idea that humans once lived longer. If a few humans once reached out into the void between the stars looking for a symbiotic relationship that would offer them that kind of benefit, among other things, it might have resulted in some of the other stuff that was already here going into hiding underground.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there are some significant parts of ancient history missing entirely and looking for it sent my mind in odd directions at times. I'm reasonably certain of the broad pattern of events going back to about 8,000bc but past that, who knows.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Well the BTUFO mentioned it in passing.

But no, I don't mean any physical culture or anything that would be recognized by humans as a culture. Think hessaldon lights with some intelligence.

I really know nothing about it.

Kev

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
So...where does a 'sentient plasma critter' keep it's brain?

I mean, humans are 'sentient' because we have a specific bodily organ capable of consciousness -

- so, what part of a 'being/entity' made up of some amorphous 'what have you', would 'facilitate' the consciousness necessary to sentience?

The dark matter part of the dark plasma or whatever is behind the "seeming sentience" of electrons.

I wish I could say more...and if I could there would be a Nobel prize in my future and there isn't.

But I will also say...that our physical brains and the brains of other creatures are linked to all "this stuff" too..that Humans are in effect giant space brains for God, the Universe, and all the other stuff which taps into us---that was my big realization after that 3 day resurgence.

Once you feel that to your toes...everything else makes MUCH more sense.

Kev
edit on 20-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Its hard to say.

But I think that "the other" looks for physical critters just as much as physical critters look for "the other".

I'd say the two parts yearn for each other.

Kev

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I think that's true as well, but some human personality types are bad enough on their own lol.

Another, less Lovecraftian answer to the idea of underground critters could be the effects of some kind of stellar event or change. A gamma-ray-burst or flare/cme might cause issues for entities made up of plasma, unless they feed off of it somehow. Maybe it's safer for some of them underground.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Well that's my view for the most part. When the BTUFO unexpectedly started yacking at me, it complained that the Sun wasn't down yet (it was still dusk). Now I got the impression that it could easily fly in space and often did in weird orbits...but did not like to do so...seemed to dislike the Sun.

Which as you said would make perfect sense for a plasma creature. I think that they carefully feed off plasma..but the Sun and some of our technology is iffy for them.

I do not claim to understand much about them yet.

Kev

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

"Accidental Archetypal Mythology"

I'll probably write something on my blog about this.

But in short, I've begun to notice an interesting pattern. I first noticed it when I was talking to Jaques Vallee about the control loop, and it's been building up in my pattern detector since then. Really it was yesterdays posts about "the shining ones" from Celtic mythology that finally caused the final bit to fall into place.

I'll just mention the basics here.. I'm still mulling it over a little.

"Even misunderstood facts become powerful mythology with real effects throughout the ages".

Lets call it the "Mythological Placebo Effect".

What people believe is powerful stuff.. it doesn't even have to be "right". For example, lets say that people misinterpreted the "shining ones" and over say 100 years (it needn't be long) there was misinterpretation and confusion added on to it..but it was passionate and "stuck" into the human psyche (the control panel for the god making machine).

Next thing you know people are believing in and seeing "Faeries", even touching and interacting with them. Sometimes being killed by them.. so you can't say "it's all in the head".

People are always "mooning over" the "mysterious past" full of "masters of the wisdom" and what not. The "time of the gods", the "time of high mythology".

Now yes, some of it is "true", in that looking at the stars is good for navigation and for knowing when the Nile will flood, and even to encapsulate whole cultural stories, which may or may not be true at all.

But the kicker is this:

Something can be 100% false and still get eaten and spit out by the control loop and MADE TRUE even if it's 100% false.

I'm a bit blown away.

And it still happens to this day.

This is what is involved with "Skinwalker Ranch" and "UFOs".

THAT is "real disclosure".

Kev

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Its in Colorado, so not too Russian. As BD stated, "ze" was a nazi reference. "Owning" land is a funny concept to me, but here we are all the same. It'd be difficult to call it a cult, but maybe more a testing ground. The focus is less on "new" tech, like a flying saucer or something, and more on changing the approach of existing tech. I just don't see the need for technology and nature to be at odds, and I don't want to live that way. I see that we have created a false prisoners dilemma that no one really wins, and i think things like greed could be manifested with less detriment and more efficacy. For most of the people living here, its just a mountain neighborhood though.

That's an interesting take on the Fae experience. I think it might be better to keep that to its own post though, as others have said some interesting things I want to comment on.

I am definitely holding back in many regards. But, some of it is to keep length down (I'm already extra verbose), as well as factors like how ATS has set up their intellectual property stuff. If you have some thoughts that need more information, I'm more than willing to go into it. I'd like to know what others think about these things. Sometimes when we are the ones embroiled in things, it can be difficult to see the forest for the trees.

You are right though, such people are hard to find. When I first got sick, a bit over five years ago, I was exposed to a different side of humanity that shattered many illusions. Ones that I thought were already shattered after working in animal shelters. BUT, I still believe that is a result of the cultural story we have written and that it isn't who we really are.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

That experience eventually led me to the good ol Jacque Vallee. It bothered me that the fae appeared SO stereotypically, but in the end, it seems to be the best way to tell the story.

I almost felt that it was a blessing, but then again, it looked like a storybook "fairy" and that still doesn't seem right. It might have been more effective if I had some strong connection to that archetypal image, but I didn't (and still don't), so it resulted in more of a red flag than acceptance.

Earlier in my life, a "super new age" friend/mentor of mine had commented that my third eye was abnormally large, as in.. massive. But she wouldn't comment on it further. Even though our approaches differed (as in, I don't see chakras this way), I have total trust in what she says. Though, perhaps, she saw something overlaid rather than "me," as I don't seem to have any of the attributes I would expect from such things. Regardless, I can't help but think of it when it comes to the fae incident.

So, usually the music comes during such an encounter? I wonder if the music is more of a result of these forces interacting with the atmosphere, a bit like the crackling of lightning.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So, in my research into algorithms, I feel like I might have come across some stuff that actually ties into that..

The idea is to design an equation that can be applied to anything, iterated over and over again, both to incoming data AND variables in the equation itself.

As I simplified further and further, a picture began to come into focus that, perhaps, there was an equation at the base of all of "this."

Relatively simple, but iterated an unimaginable amount over a great amount of time. Seeing as how the algorithm self-modifies, it actually turns into something that *appears* completely different after enough time or iterations.

If it actually does apply to such things, exploration might be done by creating a coded model of the universe, and then looking for where the iterations spun off to create a novel event.

Seeing as how its still very much a work in progress, that it might not apply at all really, and the fact it could take several hours to explain the premise (as its far removed from how we currently operate), ill stop myself there. But, I think that we will eventually get there as a species, and I suspect it will be so different as to rewrite the foundations of our cultural story.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

That experience eventually led me to the good ol Jacque Vallee. It bothered me that the fae appeared SO stereotypically, but in the end, it seems to be the best way to tell the story.

I was just reading about him (albeit on wiki) and he likes the weirdness-throughout-time-documented-in-folklore theory. I like him very much.
I don't know why I'm telling you that, I'm sure you're very familiar with him and his thinking.

I almost felt that it was a blessing, but then again, it looked like a storybook "fairy" and that still doesn't seem right. It might have been more effective if I had some strong connection to that archetypal image, but I didn't (and still don't), so it resulted in more of a red flag than acceptance.

It got your attention though, and you were able to classify it in the 'fairy; generally benevolent, possibly giving a blessing' category, though. Maybe that was what was required? Your brain just picked the waves, rays (lol), whatever they are and you 'saw' the best approximation that your poor brain could muster up to explain all of those things in one image?

Is your third eye where the fairy tapped you? Maybe she opened it up (if these things are possible)?

So, usually the music comes during such an encounter? I wonder if the music is more of a result of these forces interacting with the atmosphere, a bit like the crackling of lightning.

Loads of stories about that, but that's supposedly because they liked drinking and dancing and playing music, which if you think about it, isn't a million miles away from your average Celt. When the Church began to take hold, such things were frowned upon as being 'pagan', so it would make sense that the ungodly creatures would like that sort of thing. But nonetheless, lots of reports of hearing music, one such from here:

The "fair folk" were most skilled in music, and when mortals were stolen and taken to their abodes, or beguiled into them, one, of the great enchantments and allurements to stay with them was their music.
But that music was not confined to their own dwellings. Often and again has it been heard by human ears in the quiet of the gloamin, or at the still hour of midnight, in the clear moonlight, now on this green hillock, now below this bridge, and now in this calm nook.

The Folk-Lore of the North-East of Scotland By Walter Gregor [1881]

I don't know, the music seems deliberate. Just in case that thing wasn't so good try the following from the Carmina Gadelica - an incantation to get rid of the Evil Eye. You never know.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

For the last 6 years I've been looking after my mother-in-law who is Portuguese (Azores), 89 years-old with bad dementia/Alzheimers.
She tells me a lot of stories from her years growing up...one in particular about her grandfather.

Apparently he was walking home one night after dark, and heard music playing (but didn't see anything). She claims that he then turned his jacket inside out, and put it on...at which time he could see the "feiteceira" (Portuguese witches).

They asked him to dance with them, but not to tell anyone about them...because they weren't doing anything wrong, just having fun.

She also tells me about the time an old woman came over to look at her infant son, saying "beautiful baby, beautiful baby" before wandering away...at which point her baby immediately started crying and having diarrhea.

Her mother told her to visit the 3 sisters down the street, because one of them could 'heal' the infant (she had been taught by their mother). I did a lot of research into the different countries that believe in the "Evil Eye"...interesting stuff.

Anyways, I just thought I would tell you a little Azores Portuguese folklore, lol.
jacy

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

But the kicker is this: Something can be 100% false and still get eaten and spit out by the control loop and MADE TRUE even if it's 100% false.

So as long as we (collective) believe it to be true, we can experience it? That's worth thinking about - we create these things in our 'real' reality..like mini-gods...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

That's fascinating, thank you! In Scotland, these are called changelings and fairies try to swap healthy babies with an image - the baby gets sick and withers away and all manner of rituals need to be performed (passing black hens through stones, waving babies over hot coals etc etc) to rid them of this. I didn't know they had this in Portugal too, but then it has Celtic roots as well. You wonder just how old these stories really are then...incredible.

Did her grandfather dance with the witches? That would be quite a story in itself!

edit on 21-2-2016 by beansidhe because: punc

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

That's interesting (the remedies) because she told me that the woman had used water (perhaps holy water?). I've read that water was necessary to heal the baby/victim because the 'Evil Eye' usually causes diarrhea and quick dehydration (even to the point of death).
What's interesting is that 'those who believe' also believe that some of these old crones who GIVE the Evil Eye, don't always do it intentionally. (and that jealousy/envy are involved)

Lol, no her Grandfather refused to dance with them. He put his jacket back on (right side out) and then kept walking home. The family/relatives are all very devout Catholics, I've been really curious about all the 'mystical woo-woo' stuff they also believe in.

I actually wear an "Evil Eye" talisman on a gold chain around my neck. I didn't know that was what it was when I saw it...I just knew I loved it.

jacy

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Are you near one of the "hot spot areas"?

If you want to IM me, maybe at some point we can communicate more efficiently.

I do intend to move back to nature in 7 years and I like your philosophy about tech and nature.

Do you have a financial backer? Or it's more commune like (in the future)?

Kev

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Two people can stand next to each other..one hears blaring music...the other nothing.

Kev

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Fractals, I assume?

You'd have to do them in a minimum of 5 dimensions however, and they would have to be part of transform sets to the other set of 5 dimensions, then you'd have to unify them into an 11D set.

And I'm not a math wiz..that's most of the help I could give.

Kev

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Blessed water here - maybe the same for your mother in law?

This formula for removing the effects of the evil eye is handed down from male to female, from female to male, and is efficacious only when thus transmitted. Before pronouncing it over the particular case of sickness, the operator proceeds to a stream, where the living and the dead alike pass, and lifts water, in name of the Holy Trinity, into a wooden ladle. In no case is the ladle of metal.

On returning, a wife's gold ring, a piece of gold, of silver, and of copper, are put in the ladle. The sign of the holy cross is then made, and this rhyme is repeated in a slow recitative manner--the name of the person or animal under treatment being mentioned towards the end.
(In the case of an animal a woollen thread, generally of the natural colour of the sheep, is tied round the tail.)
The consecrated water is then given as a draught, and sprinkled over the head and backbone. (In the case of a cow the horns and the space between the horns are carefully anointed.)

The remnant of the water, no drop of which must have reached the ground previously, is poured over a corner stone, threshold flag, or other immovable stone or rock, which is said to split if the sickness be severe. Experts profess to distinguish whether it be a man or a woman who has laid the evil eye:--if a man, the copper adheres to the bottom of the upturned ladle, significant of the 'iomadh car,' many turns in a man's dark wily heart; if a woman, only the silver and gold adhere, the heart of a woman being to that of man--not in this case, 'as moonlight unto sunlight and as water unto wine'--but as gold and silver to copper and brass.

Old women in the Highlands say that if men's hearts were laid bare they would be found to contain many more twists and turns and wiles than those of women.

CRONACHDUINN SUIL

Nice and complicated, and should you ever have the need to consecrate an ill cow, you can remember me.

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join