It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: Serdgiam

One time, when I was training a friend in outdoors stuff, I had a rather interesting experience with faeries....

Music does seem to be their thing, certainly in stories. If you hear it coming from the fairy hills, you'll know they're about. Funny that you heard music before she came and 'chose' you. As far as seeing them goes, you have to wonder what it is we're seeing.
How many times have you thought you saw something, until your brain figures it out, and then you realise you're looking at something else entirely? I wonder if that's what happens with fairies, and ghosts and aliens or whatever you want to call them.
You 'see' them but you can't make sense of what you're seeing and so your brain presents the picture that comes closest to what is actually there. So religious folk see one thing, UFO enthusiasts see another etc etc. But the 'thing' they are all seeing is the same. Whether it's a wave, energy, different bandwith, however you would think of it.

This idea was brought up earlier, I think, but it's only starting to register with me now.

Yes.. two people can be standing shoulder to shoulder, and see completely different things.

It's recorded in some of Jacque Vallee's books.

Kev

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Possession has a very personal aspect, again relating to my past history of ..er, love for certain chemicals... usually of the calming sort due to anxiety.

That haunted suicide house had me daily using a drug I hadn't liked or thought of at all, before moving in. I was using the ...er stuff famous for the inner city turmoil of the 1980's and named for those long separations in cement sidewalks that break mother's backs when trodden upon.

Before moving in, I wouldn't have even thought about it.. .having sampled it before and determining I didn't like feeling nervous and insane... but I rapidly sought out and consumed it, but only when in that house.

I almost lost my long time gf as she was disgusted by my new hobby and when I moved out 6 months later (after the slew of haunting incidents made it clear it was "wrong" and others experienced it, too, not just insane me) I stopped that behavior immediately... I didn't even clearly remember doing or liking it... and astounded every single friend who were sure an intervention was due... and we're talking daily use for 6 months and then as soon as I slept elsewere, I awoke with no habitual thoughts, cravings or even memory of smoking that crap... which I'm told is physically impossible.

Then I found out the previous tenant had killed himself precisely because of being hopelessly addicted to that particular drug... make your own assumptions about that tale as I cannot.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Your language is fine, you're good at describing things, I just like to translate them into my own 'language' so that I can remember them. So that would mean they have their own 'Melissa'?
I'll need to read your Jaques Vallee books, they sound good. I'll put them on my list.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Like he was using you to get a fix? I know -huh, knew - some people who were so in love with it that stuff that I can imagine it transcending death. Although what caused the first tenant to start taking it? You know, people or place?
Some houses seem to 'hold' emotions and memories more than others.
Agatha Christie set a couple of her books in brand new houses (10 Little Indians and Three Act Tragedy, if I remember right) because she was so creeped out by the thought of murder in a new house. It seemed so unnatural to her, because old houses are so obviously atmospheric and hold old 'ghosts', but new houses should be immune from that.

A bit leftfield there, from cravings to Christie, but an association nonetheless.

PS - I can send you curtains if you would like, or a crowbar; whichever you would prefer to use with your neighbour.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Your language is fine, you're good at describing things, I just like to translate them into my own 'language' so that I can remember them. So that would mean they have their own 'Melissa'?
I'll need to read your Jaques Vallee books, they sound good. I'll put them on my list.

I'd say that anything sentient is plugged into Melissa at least through some of the "Kundalini Seed". The "Silver eye of the Cosmos" is wrapped over by the Golden covering of the particular pot hole Universe in question.

Humans have the luxury of having the "god making machine" (our bodies) which can add to the golden coating, modify it, give it new "powers", and eventually if it works out that way, to make it super luminous (it eventually dissolves) and aid in the evolution of "Melissa" and also "free" the silver seed "inside".

All from my front row seat.

I don't think that most people experience the whole thing.. and the few that do either don't discuss it, or die before it all becomes clear in their minds.. it's pretty easy to hang onto "tasty candy coating" (the golden covering) and to be deluded.

Of course my problem is that i'm only "fractionally informed" of the big picture, as none of the "players" give a CRAP if the humans ever figure anything out.. unless we have a Prometheus type ally somewhere.. maybe the Feathered Serpents.

Meh*

Iv'e done the best that I can.

Kev

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What do you have to say about "golden glow'" -- it seems that's a common thing for "Faeries" and I talk about "Golden Glow" as being the primary color of the "trickster".

I also say that "silver" is the "primary color" of the "above world" aspect.

(I've watched the golden glow evaporate off of the silver).

Or maybe those are just 2 of my favorite colors, LOL

Kev

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Interesting in that I almost understand at a non verbal level what you're attempting to convey, but maybe try to more define the relationships of the colors to concepts... though I also feel like it's trying to verbalize why a symphony makes one wistful, but ... ?

eta: and see that you beat me to it in the above post.. . almost there, Kev, but not quite. I guess the relationships of the concepts/beings need reminding/defining?

edit on 2/20/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Hmm, I don't know if they glow or not. The only gold I can think of is their money. If you get money from them, their gold, it turns to tin or dust when they go, or you leave the otherworld. It's valueless, rubbish but it seems worth something for a while, in their company. Actually a bit like leprechauns' pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Their gold is a trick, funnily enough.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Which can be seen as such a poignant metaphor for much "magical" and mundane stuff that loses value once "true" wisdom is gleaned... like the lust for arcane power evaporating once it is obtainable, or the pretty object of desire is experienced passing gas in the morning light.. .for example, heh.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

What about the Tuatha De Danaan?

They were called 'The Shining Ones'...was that an association to light, I wonder?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

So beautifully expressed and again with such emotive imagery.

But in a word, yes - it's all a trick. It was never real, never meant anything.
Maybe they envy our 'real'?
We have 'real'.
Oh, actually Mr Bear's said that about 46 times already, forget it.

edit on 20-2-2016 by beansidhe because: eta

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I don't think, but I'm going to have to go away and check now, that they're ever described as shining in the Lebor Gabala Erenn. They came by boats, under the cover of dark clouds (or they burnt their boats on arrival, hence the dark clouds ie smoke).
I'm pretty sure they were Bronze Age travellers, who brought their metal work over and so seemed magical to the locals. They get written off as fairies in a lot of books, because when the Milesians come over they say "Aye we'll share the land with you (in your best Milesian accent) - we'll live on it and you can live beneath it, ha haha ha."
So it was said they became fairies who lived underground, but I reckon that translates quite clearly (in Celtic humour) as the Milesians slaughtering and burying them.

Lugh was sometimes described as being radiant, but that might be his association with the sun?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Hmm, I don't know if they glow or not. The only gold I can think of is their money. If you get money from them, their gold, it turns to tin or dust when they go, or you leave the otherworld. It's valueless, rubbish but it seems worth something for a while, in their company. Actually a bit like leprechauns' pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Their gold is a trick, funnily enough.

Well that's the whole point.. they "entice with the gold" and it's worthless.
That's exactly the same thing that I said..

Kev

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

What about the Tuatha De Danaan?

They were called 'The Shining Ones'...was that an association to light, I wonder?

I 100% believe that there is a civilization even, of "banished" plasma critters that live underground here. Now the question is what banished them?

Kev

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I know, I was agreeing with the tricky trickster part.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Interesting in that I almost understand at a non verbal level what you're attempting to convey, but maybe try to more define the relationships of the colors to concepts... though I also feel like it's trying to verbalize why a symphony makes one wistful, but ... ?

eta: and see that you beat me to it in the above post.. . almost there, Kev, but not quite. I guess the relationships of the concepts/beings need reminding/defining?

I'd much rather have equations of quantum physics than all this "anthropomorphized" modern day myth that I'M GENERATING. I'm generating a whole new mythological system.

Now.. if it helps more than it hurts that's good.

But it makes me grumble a bit.

Seems unavoidable though.. we are natural story tellers and myth-making machines.

Kev

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I know, I was agreeing with the tricky trickster part.

Well I think that we are affirming your Celtic lore quite a lot.. even tying it into 7,000 year old Kundalini lore and as Bybots would say... the modern day genes of a Heintz 57 failed shaman.

It IS rather fascinating.

Kev

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It's extremely fascinating, I'm just entranced by it.
And there is nothing failed about you, Mr Bear.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So... that "Agartha" new age stuff has a basis in some reality... we could throw on the hollow Earth stuff just to totally make that statement seem silly, but I won't... I know you know some stuff, sir shaman, so could you elaborate as to this underground civ of semi-real Fae-faux-foolery?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So...where does a 'sentient plasma critter' keep it's brain?

I mean, humans are 'sentient' because we have a specific bodily organ capable of consciousness -

- so, what part of a 'being/entity' made up of some amorphous 'what have you', would 'facilitate' the consciousness necessary to sentience?

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join