It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hmm. Try testing it. Say 'give me back that light, you bastard sidhe' and if the light comes back (give it an hour or two) then you'll know it was. (You can say thank you without actually using the words.) If it is, they hate being ignored (apparently) so you'll then just need to talk to it and tell it to go.
If that doesn't work, consult a shaman who can give you better advice.

Disclaimer: The above advice may be crap, is not guaranteed to work and in fact could make things much worse.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Anything you try to ignore becomes stronger due to negative attention.

Look it in the eye, occular implant or convenient pseudopid with optic sensors and laugh at it....Chase after it and belly laugh at it.

If all else fails say the magic words that terrify all critters:

"Humans came first...you came later."

As all the "gods and critters" originally evolved from either humans or one of the first biological races.

Never call on a deity...They are just critters with an eating disorder.

You are now one of the few humans ever to live who now knows this.

Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I'm still laughing and unsure how to follow the last two replies, but most of these things aren't worth worrying about. If it becomes more of a serious issue and nothing else works or is available, you may want to consider trying to learn to dream lucidly. Then while dreaming, you can summon Stormbringer from whichever dimension Michael Moorcock's mind left it in (probably somewhere close to his writing abilities, considering his last few books) and hunt the thing down.

I may be charmingly psychotic but I'm also quite serious about that. Pretty much anything can be found or created in dreams.

But if all else fails, laughter does work. Most of the spirit-ghost-alien-elf-demon-plasmas take themselves way too seriously and can't handle being laughed at.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Part of being a shaman is the humor.

And the funny headgear.

I was dead serious though.

That said..70% or so of creepy stuff is self induced I'd say....and being silly and laughing is good medicine for that too.

Kev

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Morning folks,

I haven't demanded missing things back but I have explained that i would like it put back and that who/whatever has taken it shouldn't be here and should 'move on'.

It was the internal light on a cooker in an old house i moved into so I 'knew' that it must have been taken by something.
Took a day or two (from memory) for it to reappear and I don't recall any other similar experiences but there are loads of similar stories around the web.

I think I said thanks and hope you safely get where you are going or something like that - i was at that time assuming it was the 'ghost' of the previous owner and of course I may have done it all myself as was reading a lot about such 'woo' at the time - must have been about 15 years or so ago.

A lot of Plasma work / investigation going on at the moment:

link

At present, two primary techniques being used for the nuclear fusion are the inertial confinement approach and the tokamak reactor. Scientists at the Institute of Plasma Physics at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Jiangsu province have revealed that their tokamak reactor’s plasma achieved a temperature of 50 million Kelvins (or, 49.999 million degrees Celsius) within 102 seconds of initiating the experiment.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Good morning!
I appreciate your plasma digging - it's good to hear about it.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

So these spirits can be seen as a flavor of stalker? By the way... why is it, in your estimation, that they care whether us meatbags notice them? Is it a symbiotic attention = energy = existence?

When I was courted by that thing dressed as the the big "J" that was the distinct impression I got. Something cared quite a bit whether I noticed it, and it wanted me to think it was 'holy' or something close.... but it wasn't... it was wearing a mask... and not evil, or anything.. .I just got the feeling it was "lesser."

With human shades, I get it... they're dead, bored, partial and just want a hug or scream.. but the other ones... why?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Now room temperature plasmas would be the thing to investigate.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

So these spirits can be seen as a flavor of stalker? By the way... why is it, in your estimation, that they care whether us meatbags notice them? Is it a symbiotic attention = energy = existence?

When I was courted by that thing dressed as the the big "J" that was the distinct impression I got. Something cared quite a bit whether I noticed it, and it wanted me to think it was 'holy' or something close.... but it wasn't... it was wearing a mask... and not evil, or anything.. .I just got the feeling it was "lesser."

With human shades, I get it... they're dead, bored, partial and just want a hug or scream.. but the other ones... why?

I don't claim to 100% understand the control loop ("Melissa'), but here are things I notice:

1) Melissa wants to be worshiped; and all the little creatures budding off of Her want to be worshiped, including ultimately human egos want to be worshiped too.

2) If you want to be worshiped, the first requirement is to be noticed.

3) Ever wonder why so many "UFOs" are covered with ridiculous banks of Christmas tree lights flashing crazily?
It's fricking like in the movie Beetlejuice. How people don't understand something this basic, makes me wonder if they have two brain cells which can find each other.

4) Ever wonder why UFOs come in so many different sizes, shapes, etc.? It's actually this: "you didn't pay me attention when I look like THIS? Oh! I can look like THIS! Oh! You think it's cool when i change shape? Ok! I can do THAT!

5) So strangely enough, I had to temporarily "abandon" "spirituality" and take up studying UFOs to understand "spirituality".

6) People don't see elves or whatever much anymore, because that would be considered mentally ill.. but seeing a UFO is now "COOL!".

7) To be worshiped, "Melissa" wants everyone to believe that She came FIRST damn it! Only She didn't. Now Her "Mother" did.. the Cosmic Female.. but "Melissa" is not the Cosmic Female.. She's a created being, created by the output of all the "god making machines" in the Universe, such as us. Makes her sound like a female demiurge doesn' it? Strictly speaking there is no male demiurge that I know of.. but a few patriarchal ArchTulpas like to pretend that they are.. This thing about wanting to convince us that She came first is at the core of the jealousy thing.. including with Fae.

8) You'd think that confronting Her with the fact that She was not first would enrage Her.. well it doesn't.. not if you REALLY know it's true. In this case She slumps her shoulders and gives up. You've caught her "naked" and that's that then.

9) If we can push this truth, that I've discussed here back into the control loop... (back into the minds of the god making machines---humans--- then we could change the world. I'm not quite sure what would happen.. but it would change the fundamental nature of the human group soul, which is Melissa.

Spread the word?

Kev
edit on 19-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I've been spending a lot of time sitting in my little hermit liminal state, "knowing" all these things without "knowing" them properly at all. It's hard to put oneself on display as being such a crazed old codger like I have.. but I'm really glad that I finally did. Not because a couple people say nice things to me now.. that's mostly irrelevant (I AM human though.. doesn't hurt---LOL).

What's been good, is that trying to properly describe my (let's be dead honest here as always) "theories and observations" in words that others might understand has been VERY GOOD for me myself too! I'm learning a lot through this process. (The best way to learn something yourself is to teach it).

This post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

really drove home to me, the very essence of what the control loop was, the human "group soul" was, why the human ego acts the way that it does (to some degree), why UFOs act the way that they do.. how to "feed back into the control loop",
the real nature of the "demiurge" and all that.

Just DANG! the explanatory power of a few simple concepts that I "knew" but didn't *know* that clearly.. just wow. Maybe I'm the only one tripping on my own words here ("spiritual masturbation"), but even if I am.. it's "good for me"!

This experience, even if it ends today.. has been thoroughly worthwhile.. for me at least.

Thank you for asking me questions and sharing your knowledge with me.

Kev

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I think its kind of funny how we approach "Dark Stuff." For many, it seems that simply labeling what we don't know somehow denotes progress.

Of course, we call it dark in reference to our knowledge. But, it essentially states we don't know a damn thing about the vast majority of the universe. Most thought systems operate on the premise that everything is already understood, essentially. At its core, science operates on the opposite premise. However, it also seems to fall hardest for the "we understand everything" schtick, even while proponents will claim the opposite. I suppose that is just part of our biological system bolstered by our cultural story.

You, and others, have equated the quantum with magic, but I take it a bit further.. I see nearly everything we do as "magic," with even 'established' science fitting the bill. "Magic" usually refers to some ineffable quality, and when that moves on from the perceived mundane, we start to think it no longer exists. We can only discover what is already there, but its so easy to slip into thinking that what we discover is somehow our creation. If the latter were true in an absolute sense, it would ironically be "magic of the highest order," while it is perceived as the distinct opposite.

Most view say, a radio, as being completely removed from magic when it is, perhaps, merely a standardized form of it. If we only 'see' 5% of the world, I suppose this would be a given. But, that doesn't change the nature of our trap. Instead of designing circuits differently, we still have to dissipate the inductance sparks.

Some here were also comparing EM and water, and I wanted to mention that if EM seems like ineffable magic, there are amazing resources using this very analogy. It has its limits, but its incredibly apt. I was going to give a link, but since I have last checked, many sites have provided some very cool stuff about the hydraulic analogy.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

yes, it is true. In my opinion posting can be a way of teaching yourself. With conversation and exchange of ideas we can sometimes gain a very valuable insights never considered before due to the questions and opinions of other posters, which can ignite the fire of imagination.

It happens to me also sometimes and that is why I love posting about this subjects and talk openly as much as I can and tell the truth from my prospective. Therefore opinion of others can be very valuable, and they can open a totally new flow of thoughts.

I have wandered about what you said of Melissa a few pages back. That she is in the stomach. What would you say to a question if I asked you, what is around the heart? and one step above the heart, maybe in the middle of the eyebrows or the top of the head? And also another "step" above the head? ....I mean Surely there are other areas where we can find other lower or higher parts of Self?

Are these the other micro environments? was this explained in this thread already, sorry if this was already explained... ?

Also I think that Her being in the stomach says a lot about why the fastings are so popular in some religions. Right there with control of sexual desires. Which would be the first micro environment maybe - around our intimate areas?

Also if this is all maybe true or close to it. We could even postulate how to go further and purify the heart and the head. The heart with cultivating correct emotions and emotional stability. The head would than probably infer that we need to "gain/lose control" of our thoughts and with it the downing of understanding and experiance of our true nature?

Opinions or in your case even experiences?

heh when we break it like that, it seems a bit similar to what the old alchemist also hid in their various many hidden teachings and symbols...the conversion of "lead to gold". and their stages of development...maybe. symbol of a goat, heart of stone, etc...
well in any case they were a very ingenious lot with a lot of imagination.
Did anyone ever wondered what is the philosopher's stone in this context
edit on 1455902282218February182182916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 1455903429237February372372916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

One thing a lot of people don't understand when they go seeking after teachers is simply that they're human, not some lofty fount of wisdom (although some enjoy pretending to be) and that the teacher-student relationship generally goes both ways.

We all have things to learn, and things we can teach others. I'm just happy that you stuck around here and didn't give up trying to put all you've said out here for the rest of us. I know that that stuff we do "know" can sometimes be the most frustrating crap imaginable, simply because of the barriers set up by language and experience.

It's been both frustrating and amusing for me at various times of my life just trying to figure out which "hat" to wear in my interactions to get my point across. Even if core concepts are similar, many times I've found it easier to frame stuff in the language people are familiar with and simply hope it leads them in a direction they'll find useful and beneficial.

Honestly, when I first came across some of your writing here last year I hoped you'd get around to doing something like this. I wasn't expecting to find that we shared so many similar experiences, and wasn't necessarily looking for confirmation of my own craziness but the whole skein of interaction has been good for me as well.

The whole thread has been great, really, and I appreciate the commentary of everyone involved even if I haven't interacted with everyone directly.

I haven't been especially focused on these kinds of things over the last few years, but a few months back a friendly, open-minded psychologist asked "So why did you stop, if you found those experiences beneficial overall?" and since I couldn't really figure out a good answer to that I decided to wade back into the deep. I consider it synchronicity that this thread appeared so soon after I decided to do that.

edit on 19-2-2016 by Rethaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rethaya

One thing a lot of people don't understand when they go seeking after teachers is simply that they're human, not some lofty fount of wisdom (although some enjoy pretending to be) and that the teacher-student relationship generally goes both ways.

I think that is extraordinarily pertinent!

A friend told me once, "the only difference between a student and a teacher is that the teacher realizes they are both."

Its easy to come to a workable understanding of pretty much anything, but it seems that where we go from there is just as "important," if not moreso.

Truly novel events introduce something new to the human story, but they tend to have been observed multiple times in history. That's one of my own little quests; seeing how other cultures describe events and processes that aren't necessarily included in the modern context (for whatever reason). Its fascinating when the pieces click together.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I've always seen everything as equally science and "magic". My entire life.

Verbal interaction is my second language and I do it for others not myself.

My wife always carps on me to become a professional writer. Bleh*

Everybody wants to pick apart other people's behavior and make pronouncements. Its baked into being human. Its part of that wasted 40% of brain activity I dislike.

But here I am. If I decide to communicate with people then I have to play this game.

I do agree with what you posted.

But I don't mind using the term "dark". Admitting ignorance is an honest beginning.

On another topic I'm also curious about potential microwave cavity and waveguide anomalies. A lot of critters seem to be very upset with our use of so much high intensity EM. Its no wonder that many of them hide underground.

I wonder If the human desire to destroy civilization and wipe the planet clean of life, is a subconscious impulse to stop all the EM so that the critters can come back out.

The reason that I say this is because we live in bizarro world.

Most things that we think that we know about UFOs and the occult is 100% backwards.

The demiurge is not male.

UFO entities actually WANT us to destroy the environment not save it.
The trickster is not a god but was created by us.
Kundalini is the power of delusion not of enlightenment.

The list is nearly endless.

Con men always lead with their weakness.

Kev

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

I'll post more about your questions soon...I'm a little distracted about another topic for a few days probably.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Thank you for your great observations and participation.

I'm really excited today because a "self limiter" inside me has dissolved due to my interaction with everyone.

Maybe my beloved/loathed old teacher will have to just tolerate my writing a book after all. Then again, Gopi Krishna died soon after his resurgence and disturbing realizations.

Meh. Either is good. I'm very happy today rather than just happy.

Kev

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

So why do most older cultures acknowledge the trickster, while western civilization doesn't?

That's proof right there that we are a second class civilization...

We joke about Murphy's law but that's about it.

Kev
edit on 19-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

edit on 19-2-2016 by jacygirl because: not myself today

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

I've always seen everything as equally science and "magic". My entire life.

I'm much the same, I view science as magic. Perhaps its largest difference from similar systems is that it produces mass-disseminated products. The impact from that "twist" is really quite interesting. For a while, I have seen the potential for a more effective control mechanism than religions, and I think in the past several years that has really taken shape.

I have been trying to write some books myself. It seems like the most effective way for others to be able to explore my perspective after direct conversation is no longer possible. But.. its such a major pain in the ass. I don't really enjoy it. When I imagine a whole library of peoples similar perspectives though.. I just can't help but think that would be one of the neatest places in existence. In a way, I guess such things already exist, but not with such a focused purpose.

I think the term "dark" as an admission of ignorance is a splendid thing, perhaps I didn't choose my words carefully enough to convey that. I think the issue comes more from the eventuality of the label leading to hubris.

We see it all the time, even on this board. Individuals will openly admit that we/science doesn't know everything, but in the following sentence will proclaim something as absolute, irrefutable fact. Its an odd form of cognitive dissonance, and I suspect it is derived (in part) from the obsession in science of labelling and categorizing *everything*. This is inevitably done within the confines of the current story, and we use it shove new, novel concepts into the established paradigm. I'm not sure that's the best approach, but then again, I'm not sure its avoidable either.

On another topic I'm also curious about potential microwave cavity and waveguide anomalies. A lot of critters seem to be very upset with our use of so much high intensity EM. Its no wonder that many of them hide underground.

I also wonder the same, including possible effects on us as well. In my mind, there are other ways to accomplish the same feats as we do with the EM soup of modern civilization. Those don't even seem to be a consideration though, so there must be something that weights the decision to do things the way we do.

As you constantly mention, there are simply things that drive us that we are unaware. I think its possible to bring some of it into awareness, but that well is deep.

My drive is to use and design technology that works with nature, rather than a sort of dominance. I feel that technology versus nature, presented rather clearly with the Amish, is a false paradigm. But, I couldn't really explain what spurred it on initially. It could simply be the same source as the destructive drive you mention, it just goes through my uniquely mangled brain circuitry and produces a different result. The core behavior (designing and/or applying tools) remains the same, and perhaps the end result does as well even if the parts in between are inversely related.

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join