It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Dunno. I've been focused like a laser beam all week on some projects. *shrug* Can't really say I've noticed feeling happier?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
General feelings are so personal and subjective that identifying some "happy zeitgeist" is nearly impossible... I mean, if a statistically significant portion of humanity signed up at ats and wrote on this thread about how weirdly happy, belonging and at peace they've felt, then maybe...juuuuust maybe I'd think that something happy from the "overworld" or some large plasma critter with a smile had settled in on us... but barring that several billion pages of thread, I'd just think some of us were *gasp* moderately content for a smidgen of time.

I've been whistling ditties and dancing with myself these last few days, too, though...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It wasn't really a happy, sad, or emotional feeling. More of a "yeah, this is my place". Or a feeling of being totally at home. I'm not Tom Hanks, I don't live at an airport though!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

a reply to: johnb

#!!!

We are blind.

Some of "us" have 1/4 of 1 eye.

So I wasn't cutting any of us much of a break either.

Kev

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I'm sure the that Plato's shade is laughing somewhere.

I personally never understood how people got so hung up on the idea of a nuts-and-bolts explanation for UFOs. The only one I've ever seen was absurd, and it looked like some child's idea of a flying saucer. I suppose it could have been a disc-shaped blimp lit up like a disco, but it bobbed around as it flew along like it was shouting "Look at meee! I'm an Alien Ship!" lol. There's also no reason I can think of for "aliens" to use what looked like Christmas lights alongside one bright spotlight that randomly rotated around the edge like it was checking out the clouds.

Anyhow, it didn't seem high-tech, and it very well could have been alive and just took that form for some reason.

I also saw a typical grey once while rolling over in bed, but I mumbled something along the lines of "Go bother someone else" and it patted the bed once and I went back to sleep. People see lots of strange crap in hypnagogic states anyway, so I wasn't worried about whatever it may have been.

The one time I tried to "look" for sentient alien life I saw mental images of something like a crystalline plant-analogue whose life-cycle was kind of like some types of sea-life. It would start off rooted to the ground, then after many years went by it would break free and become mobile, and it was able to generate some kind of field that allowed it to travel to other worlds as an adult stage.

Similar to what you said further back in the thread, I got the sense that those beings were extremely far away, although it could have been 7 galaxies or 700 for all I know. No idea if any of that's accurate of course, but if nothing else it's always seemed strange to me that all the supposed aliens humans encounter look so similar to us. I don't think anything truly alien would exhibit bilateral symmetry or have two arms, two legs and a head. I suppose it's possible, somewhere, but I think other living worlds would produce very different forms of life.

I do believe there are tomb-worlds in this galaxy though, places where sentient organic life has died out entirely for one reason or another. Hopefully we won't follow that path as a species but we may be too far down that road already to change anything.

I do think some of the things people see are black projects, among other things, but for the rest of the really weird ones sentient plasma makes a lot of sense in my opinion.
edit on 18-2-2016 by Rethaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
More on Dark Matter and its potential discovery from latest science link

Cant find any update from leicester Uni since that announcement in 2014 and as the senior author died the day it was published they may well have lost their way.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Aside from everything else I've said, I do appreciate having a new avenue of thought to ponder. Thank you for that.

This dark plasma idea of yours is the first truly new idea I've encountered in a long time in relation to UFOs. Regardless of whether any of us have the right ideas when it comes to all this strange crap it's good to encounter something original.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Here here... original thought, even if dead wrong, is very, very valuable and more importantly, entertaining to those of us in search of beauty and novelty with which to pass their time.

Those few instances where one finally grasps another perspective and is floored by the difference in mental flavor and artistry/expertise involved makes living through the the unpleasantness constituting the bulk of human life worthwhile.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Agreed but...still trying to understand it all...it's creepy stuff. What's it made of?

eta - axioms, I see that, but what are axioms made of?
edit on 18-2-2016 by beansidhe because: eta

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am still completely fascinated with this thread, but have turned into a 'lurker fan' for the moment, lol.

There is a scene in the movie "Saturday Night Fever" where a lovestruck girl/fan says to John Travolta's character, "I just LOVE to watch you dance!"
That's how I feel about reading this thread...I am just loving reading everyone's writing!

I would love to participate again when I have more time to commit. Pretty sure this thread will be around for a long time. Okay, that's enough of me kissing butt!

jacy

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Okie dokie. Somthing very odd just happened today. I was going downstairs for coffee and happened to glance toward the bathroom door, which was closed. There's a gap of an inch and a half under the door and light is pouring through the window, which is across from the door. There was a shadow moving, visible through the gap under the door, as if somebody was crossing the bathroom to the tub. Nobody was in there. I told my friend's grandma and she's seen it at the front door, down the hall, and in the hallway. Also, seen the shadow under the door. She thinks it's her son.

Weird stuff happening here. I put my light down a few weeks ago and it quickly vanished. I've looked everywhere for it. That happens a lot here.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Omg I'm in a bromance with you!

I 100% agree.

In fact, I suspect that those 'space imps' once flew around most of the Universe and killed/enslaved Everything They could find..being one of the first life forms and all.

I can't confirm that however...I'm not Some cosmic seer at the moment and probably will never be.

Kev

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Dark matter could be any of a dozen things right now according to science.

They can 100% detect it's side effects but can't "see it" (its dark!).

Now its a small possibility that dark matter doesn't exist....that whats detected is a strange quirk of loop quantum gravity theory....but hardly anyone believed that.

And even if true "dark plasma" doesn't exist there are at least 3 other "plasmas" I can think of That might fit the exact same Bill.

Kev

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey! The mods moved us to your favorite chit chat forum too! Bonus for you!

Kev

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Hey! The mods moved us to your favorite chit chat forum too! Bonus for you!

Kev

Don't look at me like that...it's not like I have any pull around here! lol

Yeah, well...the folks are friendlier here. And they have donuts.

jacy

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Demand it (light) back, on no uncertain terms - I bet you it'll turn up (and don't say thanks). It works for me anyway.
Did your 'shadow' make a noise or was it silent?

Good to see you again, I'm still hoping to hear all about your house story.

Bromance.

What other plasmas are there?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Chocolate glazed old fashioneds?

But you are right...people are more friendly here.

That, and this will be less likely to skew the mid, medium and mean of various psychological testing done on a per forum basis.

I suppose we should take it as a compliment.

Kev

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Plasma is the 4th state of matter after solid liquid and gas.

So there could certainly be all sorts of exotic plasmas.

Really just ionize some stuff...especially a gas..and you have a "plasma".

Most people think about high temperature plasmas such as solar plasma....but there are room temperature plasmas too.

There are microwave induced plasmas..and radio frequency induced plasmas..like probably "foo fighters".

There could be quark gluon plasmas...superconducting plasmas..
Quantum foam plasmas...
Zero point field virtual particle plasmas...

We are talking concepts here...speculation.

A professional scientist would barf on me for taking such liberties with science...and that's ok..I'm brainstorming..and that's part of science too.

And if my fancy plasma concepts are completely wrong in every last variety possible?

Well then I'm wrong...and I'll pursue some different hypothesis...or play with the dogs or whatever.

Kev

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'll try that. I've been trying not to acknowledge whatever the thing is though. No, it made no sound. There is something in the room across from mine though. When my friend's cousin is at work I hear it moving around in there sometimes. My friends have heard it before, too, from downstairs, walking on the floor. I don't know if it's the same thing or something else.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Oh, it's a state not a thing? Got you. I've got a funny feeling in 20 years or so, I'll hear on the news 'quantum foam plasma was discovered today' and I'll think..oh my god, Mr Bear was right......

Brainstorming is always good, lots of people are scared to because it shows that they don't know something. We're never going to learn things unless we wonder about them first. And exactly as you say, if you're wrong then just strike that one off, and move on to something else.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join