It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

A Tulpa or "soul" is a derivative off-shoot of various things, but is mostly is EMish and is mostly "temporarily" budded off of "The human group soul, who we call Melissa"

Its temporary. Its supposed to be temporary..
As this entire pot hole universe is temporary.

Now can more "interesting stuff" be mixed in?

Sure.

You can mix in "Heart Juice" and maybe be a "Buddha" for a while.

You can mix in "Baby juice" and maybe a multi life shaman or dark arts person.

But you can't mix in "Male feathered dragon" essence too much or the game is generally over for good..

We ourselves don't make these big choices...they are made for us.

Kev
edit on 17-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

That's cool you found the role of the Milky Way, and galactic river would fit in with pretty much every subsequent system since then. It's interesting that Scorpio maintains its position as flood guardian across thousands of years, albeit for different reasons. I love how you've cracked the birthing goddess at scorpio. Did they ever write about meditation or the body as a tree of life?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

A lovely post.

I'd love to hear more about the river management system.

Also how did that mythos describe soul/spirit/"afterlife" type stuff?

Did they have shades like many cultures?

Finally....you get my annual humor award for the phrase,

"Your average Kundalini shaman",

I barely know how to followup on that..Maybe the other living Kundalini shaman might give me a pointer or something.

Thank you sincerely

Kev

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Okay... eventually we'll need a remedial course in 'Male feathered dragons' (Koo-Koo for Cocoa Puffs Khan, or Quetza-cuddles, or "He Who REALLY Shan't Be Named, Seen or Discussed even in veiled terms while he curls around She and makes everything") because I'm just plain ignorant in the finer folkloric/mythological/physics shades of His scaly meanings... or it's been awhile and BD's mind has seen many years and strange chems since his Anthro 330 days.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

And we've also heard possible valid accounts of individuals holding as such through several lifetimes.... what's up w/that?

Excellent question!!

I haven't got any links at the moment, but I know I've seen legitimate research showing children having 'information' which could really only be explained as reincarnation 'experiences'...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Not really they never wrote discourse on spiritual practise it's just sourced from the seals and myth, it's great though that they incorporated the importance of irrigation into their Cosmic vision, drawing off water from the Milky Way at Antares in the sense of a canal or feeding the roots of their sacred tree, that's an ambitious engineering feat.

That looks like the sign for the ship that conveyed the dead here above the Scorpio sign, if you wanted to reintroduce them back into the system of Life the starting point would be at Antares.

Sumerian civilization was based upon river management and irrigation, the Anunnaki themselves were understood to have dug the first ditches, so a mystical system relating to the Anunnaki perhaps not unsurprisingly involves water management at its heart, the scorpion Goddess in Egypt was the Goddess of Magic, the water flow through the sacred tree could also relate to fluid and energy flow within the body, Delphinus as healer played the role of regulating such flow...a clever system really.
edit on Kpm22947vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday1729 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on Kpm22947vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday1729 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

kay... eventually we'll need a remedial course in 'Male feathered dragons' (Koo-Koo for Cocoa Puffs Khan, or Quetza-cuddles, or "He Who REALLY Shan't Be Named, Seen or Discussed even in veiled terms while he curls around She and makes everything") because I'm just plain ignorant in the finer folkloric/mythological/physics shades of His scaly meanings... or it's been awhile and BD's mind has seen many years and strange chems since his Anthro 330 days.

It sounds like you're talking about some Lovecraftian kind of cereal, the kind that would have "now with extra tentacles" or "more madness in every box". Or something like this:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Indeed. Very interesting.

I talk about the nectar system a lot which is a "sacred fluid system" which literally nourishes "the tree" (body, mundane and otherwise).

Kev

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Why are you not more excited about this, I'd be bouncing off the walls.

That is unequivocally the point I've been making, as have several others, that in order for a system to function, be transmitted and to survive for what - a thousand years, maybe more? - it has to be relevant to the story crafters. That's why I was asking if there was any surviving folklore in Iraq about these things.
Irrigation was, I suppose, the first engineering masterpiece of the Sumerians and it absolutely makes sense that they would view the earth and sky in relation to that; it's what they knew. Absolutely brilliant.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I wonder sometimes whether that's evidence of reincarnation, or evidence of a natural connection with something like a group-consciousness/soul. Information might flow between individual minds in such a group, regardless of whether they're incarnated here or not. I think both ideas may be valid, but I suppose there's no way to know.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rethaya
a reply to: lostgirl

I wonder sometimes whether that's evidence of reincarnation, or evidence of a natural connection with something like a group-consciousness/soul. Information might flow between individual minds in such a group, regardless of whether they're incarnated here or not. I think both ideas may be valid, but I suppose there's no way to know.

I go with #2 as it makes the most sense from my perspective.

Otherwise you have to invent brand new souls for 90% of all living humans....as 7 billion plus people need souls and less than 1 billion existed in all prior history.

The real truth is that if you remove chasing after pleasure, seeking to avoid pain and the relatively useless social self, you might be down 10% of anything else left × 6.5 billion average humans..

Is "that worth fussing and agonizing over" ?

That's a serious question.

Sure beauty and love are worth tons...but those are universals throughout reality, not necessarily a human thing at all.

Kev

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Oh i'm very excited if a little tired after digging so deep down to find the underground water supply for a tree, but i also know it's the sort of thing i'll have to let slide because it's simply too important, it probably hasn't been this well understood for around 5,000 years in terms of every aspect of the system from the very bottom to the very top, i might be wrong about that but certainly there's no openly available source to indicate otherwise, only fragmentary understandings.

Anyway it will give me a lot to consider and contemplate not to mention dream about because i need to absorb the implications, move forward from there, pigs in space was a great venture into the unknown.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Pigs in space was great fun, and you shall forever be my Twrch Trwyth muse.

Yes sleep, dream on it, integrate it - who knows where it's going to take you? An archaeologist of forgotten dreams is not something you become every day.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Pigs in space was great fun, and you shall forever be my Twrch Trwyth muse.

Yes sleep, dream on it, integrate it - who knows where it's going to take you? An archaeologist of forgotten dreams is not something you become every day.

Truly impressive collaboration.

Kev

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

As far as I know "oral history" contained the best stuff in various cultures, and quite logically wasn't...

Wait for it....

Written down.

Is it your impression that the Sumerians did that, or is it simply too ancient to even hazard a guess.

Isn't something like 90% of cuniform in the form of business transactions?

Kev

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

My first teacher was also a bit drunk about the stars. He had spent decades studying ancient astrology and wrote a book about it. It was most impressive...but my ex wife got all the red leather bound, signed first editions.

But anyway...He was big on the "7 sages" which he said were based on the pole stars over 26,500 years of precession, and not on the bigger pig in space.

But what if the great boar is "chasing" the pole stars?
Over extreme periods of time that is exactly how it appears, right? As one pole star replaces another.

By the way....i probably nagged my first teacher for 5 years before he ever told me anything good. I mean a single sentence.

I think the whole lot of you are spoiled rotten.

Lol.

Any possible insights from you or Kantz on the chasing thing? I just saw a star map in my mind
With that observation. But I'm not an astromytholigist like you guys.

Thanks

Kev

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Smyth wrote in his Speculum Hartwelliauum: "King Arthur, the renowned hero of the Mabinogion, typified the Great Bear; as his name, — Arth, bear, and Uthyr, wonderful, — implies in the Welsh language; and the constellation, visibly describing a circle in the North Polar regions of the sky, may possibly have been the true origin of the Son of Pendragon's famous Round Table, the earliest institution of a military order of knighthood."

[Page 426] Whatever may be the fact in this speculation, we know that the early English placed King Arthur's home here, and that the people of Great Britain long called it Arthur's Chariot or Wain, which appears in the Lay of the Last Minstrel: Arthur's slow wain his course doth roll, In utter darkness, round the pole.

www.constellationsofwords.com...

The poor boar/bear is tethered to the pole and spends his life running around it.

'Twas noon of night, when round the pole
The sullen Bear is seen to roll. — Thomas Moore's translation of the Odes of Anacreon.

You're getting the hang of it.

I think we're all spoiled rotten on ATS - all you have to do is ask, and someone will answer.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'd say that overall ATS material is at least 90% twaddle (some will say pot meet kettle I know).

But I expected a great answer from you and/or Kantz..and you delivered.

But what is the story?

Why does the pig Chase?

Unless you already said why and I didn't catch it.

Btw...of interest to a few anyway....when the gigantic BTUFO showed up...it made a huge point out of projecting a polar star map with a great circle around it into my mind.

Now why on earth did it do that?

Bueller?

Kev

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
As far as I know "oral history" contained the best stuff in various cultures, and quite logically wasn't...

Wait for it....

Written down.

Awhile back I found an interesting idea related to that. I can't remember where I came across it, but the gist of it was that before written language really took off, storytellers had better memories because the stories were passed down orally and it was practically a sacred duty to memorize them word for word and accurately transmit them to the next generation. After written language became the norm, people effectively had less reason to develop near-perfect memory, and it was the written version that tended to become corrupt over time.

Once the important stories made it to written formats, it was easily controlled and edited for whatever reason by the priest/scribe/etc classes which eventually arose, who were the only literate members of society in general.

I'm paraphrasing that badly I'm sure, but for some reason the idea felt true.
edit on 17-2-2016 by Rethaya because: slightly elaborated

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya
I read something like that, too. It was something about oral history vs written. I believe Vine Deloria, jr. wrote something about it in one of his books but I'm not sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join