It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Sounds a bit like you found the answer to which came first, chicken or egg. Does it really matter though?
I can agree with the trickster being created by life, but the question remains, who has the bigger influence? Are we the tricksters master or is it ours? Have you ever tried to manipulate it? Maybe it is just a part of the brain and it is connected to others and tricky thing is simply confusion?

Oh yes, indeed I know the answer. It's always been the chicken. The egg is a derivative of a later form. That's even evolutionary science.

But here's the thing on form/"formlessness"/matter/energy/awareness/consciousness.

Those are just localized names for something which is one, but is only perceivable as two, and which produces three.

Structure first and eternal, but mischaracterized in it's highest form as "formless". (female)
Restlessnesss first-ish and eternal, whose pulling on structure generates pre-temporal awareness. (male)
Second comes a more male aspect, derived from the Restlnessness..(still male.. transitional to existence)
Third comes the interplay of the two in time and space and matter and energy and consciousness.

The "Two Serpents" have these memories in their heads, and that's why their allies do as well.

Who is the master?

Ultimately the Divine female wears the pants in the Divine family, but you are right, it doesn't matter.

Our bodies are the body of the trickster.
The Trickster is our "lower soul".

It is as with the Two Serpents..

We are the living translation matrix.. the breeding grounds of Earth and Sky.

As for feeding back into "Trickster Space" ?

Even the government does that --- they've done formal studies.
And people feed back into the Trickster incessently. Heck even "Duck Dynasty" does that.

But more specifically, shamanically?

Yes I have. That's how I got my BTUFO sighting.

I could talk about this nearly endlessly.. the subject does bore me a little however; people are too dense to give up their UFOs, which is a primary manifestation at the present time.

Kev

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You know what's funny? You mentioned the feathered serpent twice today and it was in my mind yesterday and today morning. I love that symbol, it is one of the few divine images, which doesn't bother me.

And than it is 3 again. All divine forces are 3. Even druids knew that. But why? On, of, neutral? Male, female, gay?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Anyone who uses "levels of advancement" and especially if they use the number 7 always raises the hair on the back of my neck;

I'm not saying it's true in your case, but in the general case I see those concepts being abused in the corrupted forms all around us.

I'm certain that others in this thread would love to read an essay on your thoughts about all 7 "Levels". It's a very human tendency.

Kev

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

a reply to: beansidhe

That's interesting. Thank you for the link!
I would guess since our brains are not very different no matter what culture, it only allows for a limited range of conceptual possibilities. Even all invented phantasy languages follow the same rules. Like Hildegard von Bingens.

You're most welcome. What I loved about it was the similarities between the polysemous words and how we commonly associate so many things with particular items, globally, and through time. It'll be interesting to catch up on the research once it's finished. It's a bit like here (this thread) - I'm slowly starting to understand everyone else's system, translate it into my own to give it meaning without losing anything in the translation.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

You know what's funny? You mentioned the feathered serpent twice today and it was in my mind yesterday and today morning. I love that symbol, it is one of the few divine images, which doesn't bother me.

And than it is 3 again. All divine forces are 3. Even druids knew that. But why? On, of, neutral? Male, female, gay?

On some level it's just mother, father, offspring you know.
That's where 1,2,3 comes from; that's why it's universal.

Of course I find it highly humorous that the corrupted christian syncretic faith demonizes the serpent figure; when in fact it's in the two serpents in which they live and move and have their being.

The serpents bestow the gift of life, to the corrupted beings which then call them evil.

But "corrupted beings" are a necessity.. they are the pillars on which reality rests.

God is a joker, I swear.

Kev
edit on 11-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

EVEN druids??? No, I'm joking with you.

There's still no real consensus on the meaning of the most beautiful symbol in the world, the triskele:

Maybe more earth, sea , sky - man, woman, child etc as groupings of three are prevalent but no one knows for sure.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It was a compliment, you achieved the precipice of 'Enlightenment and managed to pull back from the brink preserving your self identity, life and sanity after considerable struggle, that does count for a great deal.

I can appreciate that you would have had to develop curious ways of looking at things simply in order to survive, in my opinion they are likely to be regressive, the crawling back from the edge but still valid coping mechanisms, the thing is with me it is only ever going to be onwards and upwards over that precipice, but i wouldn't explain any of that directly, i mean you're along the right lines anyway with the Feathered Serpent representing the Earth bound organic taking flight, becoming the transcendent spiritual.

But anyway no friction, i was simply pointing out that there are ever ways forward, that the potential is ever there to rescue Andromeda, that sitting in a circle chained to a pedestal being licked by a slobbering sea serpent and trying to enjoy the experience isn't really were it's at...

The seven stage progression in the Sumerian system is best sourced from Inanna entering into the Underworld, so i guess there are two ways of looking at things, it can be seven stages directly into the void.

I outlined the basic premise of this the other day here, the basis though i started looking at in Mysteries of Dilmun, i've spent some time trying to piece together that wisdom tradition.
edit on Kam22941vAmerica/ChicagoThursday1129 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I read somewhere, they applied pressure to their bellies while contemplating/meditating. Was that just fiction or do you know more about that? If true than it is very interesting because of the belly breathing. Not just language but the methods to gain insights from within have similarities too.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It could be a necessarity, you need tension for the spark to jump. Who in your set of mystic is god? To me it seems there is no room for that? Did you find him a corner to rest in peace?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Hmm, I don't know - the Romans weren't exactly complimentary about them and so I'm wondering if it's someone's interpretation of someone else's writing? Leave it with me, I'll have a look.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Hmm, I don't know - the Romans weren't exactly complimentary about them and so I'm wondering if it's someone's interpretation of someone else's writing? Leave it with me, I'll have a look.

There is a correlation between muscular relaxation and the capacity for spiritual awareness.

One might even wonder if the world is artificially kept tense on purpose in order to block us from our true-ish selves.

Kev

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It could be a necessarity, you need tension for the spark to jump. Who in your set of mystic is god? To me it seems there is no room for that? Did you find him a corner to rest in peace?

The unpercievable parent of the Two Feathered Serpents who exist in "Overworld" (Think of Overworld like the nearly timeless "void" from which Universes spring); but the Two manifest in incomplete forms in our world...and are often covered over by ArchTulpas such as Jehovah.

So the real "God" is 4 levels above Jehovah, or possibly more...and does not directly interact with anyone...except the "Two" for an instant during the setup of the void between dream cycles.

We've only got each other, all of us "minor incarnations" called living beings.

Kev

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Seems to be and I'm intrigued by Peeple's suggestion. I know their ancestors used chanting and music in the cairns to produce different effects and affects, so breathing techniques are wholly possible. I like reading up on these things, so I'll go and find out.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Much obliged, my lazy ass is excited you do the research for me! And i am very much looking forward to your findings!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Oh no, you too?!?! I don't think we are created in the image of god or anything like that. We created him in our image.
But wtf do i know?
We humans have a tendency to assume acting agents behind natural occurences, that's it, imo.

And for the tension: there is a german saying "under pressure you get to see the true face". Which makes sense, if you ask me. Without tension no conflict, without conflict no progress. I am thinking we are not who or what we are supposed to be, human evolution still has a lot in store for us.
And that's the true meaning of life, development. If we would face a true enemy we would unite and much progress would be made a lot faster. Therefor i think a lack of tension is the reason we are in our current mess.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Well that's quite gracious. Thank you.

First thing, let me return the compliment. You are without a doubt one of the finest archetypical mythologists anywhere.

I say archetypical, to indicate that you are Not a 'mere' folklorist...but have active connections to lets call it "the pleroma". I don't know your Sumerian terms.

To anyone in the thread who wants to know such material, Kantz far surpasses me.

I can only share direct personal experience and clumsy words; though in sharing this I find my words improving.

As for 'regressive' - well maybe.

But I feel strong contact with the fully formed individuated life all the same.

It just doesn't live in this body. It went home to be with Mommy and Daddy.

I'll be a powerless...systemless fool..
It's fine with me.

Again thanks...and please share more of your knowledge.

Kev

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Your last sentence is supremely, perfectly accurate.

We are in a narcoleptic coma, neither alive or dead.

Kev

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You don't misunderstand me I hope.

There is "god" who humans keep creating and then there are "the sentient (in part) laws of physics" which I sometimes call God for ease of conversation.

Kev

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I think that the breathing exercises are critical to, at least, one thing. Through practice, it shows a way to get past going from singular frame to singular frame. Instead, showing the experience of tying those frames together in a continuous frame-work.

In terms of triads, it always seemed to me that the overall system can be seen as the "third." The two provide context for the limits, and the whole system (the third) provides the whole context for the argument/concept. So, (male - female) == gender. (Breath in - breath out) == breathing.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Serdgiam because: Wont let me use symbols anymo'

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Much obliged, my lazy ass is excited you do the research for me! And i am very much looking forward to your findings!

All of us are most blessed in this thread.

Kev

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join