It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
As requested, a thread by the one and only jedimiller. The guy was a troll but damn it's funny.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Everyone has a different ego filter they
Are unconsciously feeding....the more
'spiritual' and 'egoless' you get, the worse
The phenomena becomes.

All the stealth egos fight each other,
So no consensus is possible.

There Is a more metaphysical
Answer but it may be a year
Before BD and I discuss it.

Your theory is desired too of
Course.

Kev

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

The moment you express something it becomes wrong.

Learning to deal with that IS tricky.
edit on 26-1-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Typo...isnt that ironic!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Let's jack this thread then.
Notice how I'm cunningly veering off into Neolithic cave art?

Only joking, of course. Actually, since you're here I have a particularly not physicsy question for you, since I'm a desperately un-physicsy type of person. If these 'things' are plasma, then why don't they conduct electricity? Lightning is plasma (I think) and it does - so why not spooky things?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

The phenomena becomes.

This (above)...that's what I want to know more about. I've waited this long, I can wait another year.

Skid...Thanks so much!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The phenomena becomes.

All the stealth egos fight each other,
So no consensus is possible.

There Is a more metaphysical
Answer but it may be a year
Before BD and I discuss it.

Your theory is desired too of
Course.

Kev

Interesting. My theory will be crap and will involve Celts at some level, but I'll give it a go.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Everyone who says "plasma" is using it a bit metaphorically...since we don't know what 96% of the Universe is composed of.

Also high strangeness UFOs often leave behind EM type burns.....even the 'virgin mary' does.

And yes....'observable plasma' is chock full of ions and electrons....and IS quite conductive.

For me personally when I was going I experienced weird electrical shocks whenever I "made the spirits angry".

Lots of reasons to evoke plasma-like, EM-like
Metaphors and examples.

Kev

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Everyone who says "plasma" is using it a bit metaphorically...since we don't know what 96% of the Universe is composed of.

Also high strangeness UFOs often leave behind EM type burns.....even the 'virgin mary' does.

And yes....'observable plasma' is chock full of ions and electrons....and IS quite conductive.

For me personally when I was young I experienced weird electrical shocks whenever I "made the spirits angry".

Lots of reasons to evoke plasma-like, EM-like
Metaphors and examples.

Kev

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Please please do. I LOVE hearing about the most historically powerful pagans of Europe.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Naw...I'll post more on my blog soon...for you....and its one of the most important topics EVER.

I'll just leave out the super oogly part....its
Optional anyway.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Don't worry, I'll blurt something out on page 46 and then start banging on about them for ages.

Oh, I see what you're saying, I was taking you literally, apologies. It's a better word than 'stuff' or 'thing'. I'll catch up.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Specimen

Good points... and welcome (if not already.. losing track of who's where, heh).

As I understand it, ghosty-like things are common world-wide, not just in the areas effected by the Mid-Eastern mystical explosion (or MEME for short... my term, heh) .. . in the Buddhist/Dao/Shinto/Islam areas, anyway.. .not too read up on Hindu, though, but guess they experience plasma/energy lifeforms, too.

Well, you'd think Buddhist and Hindu Yogis would be better at explaining such things, considering they'd be more in tune with themselves and would have that "psychic awareness", but that could be impression one gets from ether. I mean Buddhists can do some remarkable, inhuman feats. Yet, it appears they don't really attempt to go in depth about ghosts and ghouls, but the thing is, I've noticed anyways, most religions or practices try to avoid general mysticism's(or Occult) that try to go into this realm. The Abrahamic religions just seem to feral and fragile to even attempt to expand their mind on such concepts, and would rather rely on memorization of words, with some believe empowering them to ward them.

I usually hear ghost stories from Christians, or of that back ground in my area, from hearing some one singing, to odd sensations, like being grabbed or pushed. As for UFO's, I'd be more curious as to what interest them to certain areas, since they might see, or be aware of something that we couldn't be aware of, or are sensitive to it. Also, they never tend to stay in one spot for long, they might just pick some kind of a signal from one source at one point in time, then dash off to some other source in a different location, making their own connections in observation, but their processing speed would be ridiculous and sensitive if that were the case, but able to ignore most interference. Would they get information from plasmas, who knows.

As for plasma, well it said to be a form of matter, and is abundant more so then other three, but I've read from someone discussing plasma before, that most forms of plasma that we know of are in the realm of "Destruction", or disintegration. Not so good with the science, but what I'm guessing, that plasma could be so abundant, we just can't pinpoint really. Plasma could make up the other three, but the difference might just be there densities.

edit on 26-1-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm just dropping in to read more stories. This is a great thread!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I should likely think about this some more, but as I'm gonna be "busy" for a spell... Okay... where is the god for smart critters getting stomped by humans?

For the subset of the chimps and dolphin's immediate surroundings and experience, their "god" is us; bloodthirsty, callous "demons" using them for our own reasons without the slightest regard for them...

in the broader sense, several zillion subsets "up" there might be an all encompassing creative force that includes-expresses itself as those critters and just experiences the vivisection from all angles at once and goes on from there...

but for all practical purposes and their immediate present, there is no God... at all.

I lost count but I'm a wordy bastard, but I guess to keep it under 5... there is none for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Oh yes, jack it baby!

I love me my ancestors... and know far too little about them, despite some college level courses. (should likely not qualify that I was kidding with "college level courses" )

edit on 1/26/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Ok.. but...

at least post a picture of a cranky looking unseeley court elf or something,
or at least a Celtish native kitty picture to hold me over for all that cool
Celtic Lore.

Kev

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Well you are on the right track anyway..

So what can we learn about ourselves and "our actual god"
from this example taken straight from nature?

A bazillion layers up is "their god" = "our god"?

Would it make sense for it to be otherwise? Yes or No.

Kev

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Indeed...

To the point of typing it up!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Indeed...

To the point of typing it up!

Yup.

Since you are, if anything, "overly conscientious" if such a thing is possible,
you never want to say what weird thing is "true" or "not true" as you do
not wish to mislead anyone.

That's a toughie alright.

What shamans do, is to sing and dance and entertain and spew half nonsense
at all times.. but do it in a way that the non-verbal parts of people are
stimulated.. and make the audience do all their work for them,
without taking responsibility for anything.

---------- super secret sacred shaman decoder ring only stuff ----------

If you are an honest engineer type.. you have to put everything in nested layers
of """"""" and (()) and it loses all the artistry of it and you still feel like a doofus
and that half of ATS laughs at you.

I understand.. trust me.

When you are "ready" you will be able to talk..

Kev
edit on 26-1-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
An ATS Thread about Death

I look forward to dealing with the fundamental subject of life and death itself; death being one of my favorite topics, as there is no better instructor to get cobwebs out of your brain.

Kev

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join