It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear
In truth 3/3rds of me is terrified of most parrots, emus and ostriches... never know when they'll go for an eye or dangley part.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots
That post begs for elaboration as well, if you have something more concrete than my own vague but similar feelings.

Meh, were likely all under surveillance and our vague esp is just nudging us... being on the cutting edge of the age of Aquarius, or something, would be too funny!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Bummer man.

I've been holding my stomach and writhing in pain laughing so hard....and you didn't crack a smile.

I guess my plans to be a standup shaman have no future.

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Oh, I was laughing pretty hard.. .you frequently make me do so and I just don't point it out because I'm convinced you can see in my head sometimes ... and btw lol

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

And what's this about You cheating on me with OTHER mythological systems?

I see you skulking around with that trashy new age breakaway civilization crowd...late at night when you think I'm sleepins!

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
As commented, I felt your baleful eyes on my nape while posting there.

I can hold several belief systems in my grand mental realm... just because I sometimes think you're wrong doesn't mean I don't respect your wealth of expertise and thought processes or recognize that you are an original and deep thinker and grant you "rightness" in quite a bit... and can only hope others think the same of me from time to time.

I am an idea slut... guilty.

edit on 2/9/2016 by Baddogma because: watching tv and posting while playing fallout... multitasking aint just for millenials

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Just wanted to make you laugh.

And if that feldercarb is actually true...then wow puke man....nifty keen. Sign me up for a ticket for two to New Haven around Epsilon Omegas asteroid belt outpost.

When I finally leave ATS for whatever reason, the internal consistency of the Universe will somehow ensure.

But you will still have that problem with the mismatched sock which rubs on your right big toe.

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Thankfully, that psychic flash was off... if you had pulled out an accurate insight/flash on me like ByBy, I dunno how I'd react...

well, thinking about it, I guess I'd go with it like every other weird thing that has happened... but I'd still feel more uncomfortable than I already do in the bathroom, being convinced we could always be under unseen scrutiny by some passing invisible critter.

Knowing spirits of a sort exist makes for some paranoia and a general dispelling of stage fright.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I have a problem with my big toe and mismatched socks ;-)

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Gotcha... it read like you were dropping a psychic whammy on me! Sorry, I'm seeing disembodied ATS members floating around me now.

I better go read about the impending gravity wave discovery... this spooky stuff is insinuating itself too far into my mindhole.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I was babbling.

Still having fun with the joking.

The gravity wave announcement should be interesting if not another text signal or not enough sigmas to be definitive.

Niters.

Kev

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I was babbling.

Still having fun with the joking.

The gravity wave announcement should be interesting if not another text signal or not enough sigmas to be definitive.

Niters.

Kev

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I agree with your assessment regarding the gravity waves announcement on thursday. it will be good to confirm. but it still doesn't explain too much more about gravity to accept its a wave. the real question is, is gravity a fundamental force or a second order manifestation (by product) of one of the fundamental forces? answering that definitively will lead to being able to control or manipulate it.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I thought this would be a good time to discuss the veracity of this "whole kundalini thing" and the whole "shmanan/magician/holy man" thing in general.

When I was with the first "organization" (Kundalini organization) that taught me quite a bit, both direct learning and learning by realizing it was wrong in so many way.. that organization had a "holy man", who had died before I ever came around.

Now this individual was quite some fellow alright. He went through the Kundalini process for years and years, barely clinging to life and sanity for much of it. People toss around meditation and 'mystical delusions'' so easily these days; but if a titanic force is loose in ones body, rewiring it.. the brain in many ways.. the heart stops then decides to start.. waves of heat and cold.. the inability to eat or sleep.. there's certainly no doubt that *something* is happening.

Now I'm of the camp that one must be very careful with this stuff, as I too barely clung to life for years, and my "sanity" *ahem* while quite strong these days (some may disagree) was in absolute tatters for decades.

Looking back over what happened, I can see clearly where I went wrong and what not. But this post isn't particularly about me. It's about the "holy man".

So he starts out a relatively non-descript fellow.. he can barely get a job after is education. Then after years of his brain being rewired, he pops up and is indeed VERY changed.

He founds a social movement for women in India, where women aren't necessarily treated the best at the time - a very noble and brave thing to do. He suddenly leaps up and writes dozens of books, of the most original, fresh and important nature --- but still babbling about religion like people babble about UFOs or christianity here on ATS.

He wrote entire books of poetry in just hours.. the guys brain had become amazing.

Right before he died, he wrote a book of prophecy, all in verse.

Now this gentleman never claimed to be a guru, and tried very hard not to have any students, but of course people tried to press themselves on him. He never claimed to have any super powers. But of course people attributed them to him.

As far as I can tell, none of his prophecies (made some years ago) will ever come true, even though some of them are so obvious, that it's almost crazy that they haven't come true.

So was this man a fraud? Or was he in the grip of something that he didn't understand, that none of us, including me, fully understand? I think the latter is the accurate way to look at it.

Now, during the height of a certain phase of Kundalini, it's like a 10 megawatt lamp is turned on in your brain.. you glow.. people sense you before you walk into rooms.. it's crazy. But after the process completes, you become normal in many ways, except your view on the world is much shifted, and you get some remnants from the process.

You know when you see certain individuals who claim to be writing for some ancient cult, or the Illuminati or some alien conclave --- and they can spew out infinite amounts of stuff almost instantly? They are super glib.. they can answer anything (of course they they tend to be wrong).

There's one such individual writing a post like this right now... he/she certainly seems to be affected by "Kundalnii", in a negative way (it's often negative.. but it needn't be.. it can be very positive).

And of course I present the same way.. only I hope that reason has tempered my responses... I personally view that one must keep strong reason while under the effect of this process and always afterwards..and in fact ones reason can also be strengthened.. the "process" can modify various parts of the brain.. but most people obsess about their sense of self center and their pleasure centers, so that's often where it goes. And no matter what, you get this strange linguistic boost-
Kundalini is also known as "Vakti Goddess of Speech" and many other literary names in various cultures. She too is "the Trickster".

So there is some debate, just how valuable the "golden phase" is, or how valuable the "post golden phase" is, in terms of what the person is saying. Could it all be quite erudite-sounding nonsense? Certainly.

The whole "Siddhi thing" drives me a little nuts.

I once went to Reno, CA and turned $100 into something like $37,000 playing blackjack. Now was I "counting cards"? That seems likely.. only it was my first time ever playing any such game. Just luck? I'd point at the dealers deck and say which card was coming up. Of course men with bulges under their suits came and threw me out. Miracle? Autistic savant stuff?
Who can say.

I can list many "supernatural occurrences" - where it certainly SEEMED high strangeness was afoot.

On the other hand, sometimes I get silly and think I know something when I don't.. not that I "try". There are definite procedures when I "try" such as that BTUFO thing.

If I shoot from the hip I'm nearly always wrong. Every single time. I know this.. so I don't do it anymore.. or maybe I did with that sock comment. I'm not sure.

Well anyway.. I really don't care what people think about me for the most part.. but I *do* care if people think I'm dishonest or some kind of flim flam man. I may be wrong about everything I've ever said. But I'm dead honest, at least as far as I know.

I don't really believe in holy men. And while *sometimes* a person can be on a real roll.. just amazing.. it's not the person who has any real control..it's just like with Kundalini... I truly believe that all this mystical stuff, especially Kundalini which seems to power ALL of it, is really some cargo cult type process.. it has a function.. but it's not what humans think it is..
(I think it's for hatching little critters).

It seems the side effects can really alter a person and maybe be beneficial.. and the process of getting ready for it (the so-called spiritual path) can certainly be beneficial.. maybe all humans would be much better off with 4 aligned micro-environments for example.. there'd be much less war and destruction if you actively loved everyone (a side effect of the alignment).

But I terribly suspect, that none of this *spiritual stuff* is directly for "us" at all.. we are just players on the stage that might get a small tip if we perform well.

I've tried to represent this as straight-forward as I can.
edit on 10-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: typos

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

I agree with your assessment regarding the gravity waves announcement on thursday. it will be good to confirm. but it still doesn't explain too much more about gravity to accept its a wave. the real question is, is gravity a fundamental force or a second order manifestation (by product) of one of the fundamental forces? answering that definitively will lead to being able to control or manipulate it.

I don't think that the presence of gravity waves will do much more than keep heaping praise on Einstein, who quite frankly deserves it. But maybe something else will arise due to this detection.

Kev

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

starred your longer post just above this one. I felt it honest and straight forward. I think you and I would butt heads less if this was your more common communication style.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

There should be a spiritual guidance, without intention. Most are tainted with a certain school of thoughts. There should be a way to explore without Jesus, or higher-self, or whatever being pushed into ones mind.

Predictions fail, because presence is a colaboration and it is simply impossible to include all variables. Even if you'd have a super computer, all you'd get is a possibility range.

I lately am thinking how interesting it would be if someone would grow up entirely free from cultural or spiritual ideology, what they'd find when they go through the stage of "awakening"?
But that will remain speculation.

I think i know which thread you're talking about. Obvious were he got his inspiration from.
But i was similiar, i wanted aliens. Now i found myself and ... well i am still researching.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

starred your longer post just above this one. I felt it honest and straight forward. I think you and I would butt heads less if this was your more common communication style.

Frankly?

It's slightly difficult to keep "in balance".

Even after one becomes stabilized, there are feelings of presence and "power" at all times..

But it's deceptive.. that's why I never stop talking about "Melissa".

The one thing I respect more than anything about the "old holy man" is that he endlessly spoke about the need for scientific research.. I quite agree of course.

Several motives are always pulling me.

I see hurting people and want to love them and help them.. this "process" did that to me.. I was less that way before it did it's thing.

I see people struggling with basics of "mysticism" and want to spare them pain.. say what you want.. I've been to the top of the mountain and come back down.. but obviously I don't know everything either... I'm no guru.. in fact I posit that most "gurus" don't deserve the title either.

I'd love to learn more myself. I still learn.. here and there anyway.

And of course I love science.. science flew us to the moon not Kundalini..

Yet Kundalini is undeniably there.. whatever it truly is..

Here we are.

Kev

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

There should be a spiritual guidance, without intention. Most are tainted with a certain school of thoughts. There should be a way to explore without Jesus, or higher-self, or whatever being pushed into ones mind.

Predictions fail, because presence is a colaboration and it is simply impossible to include all variables. Even if you'd have a super computer, all you'd get is a possibility range.

I lately am thinking how interesting it would be if someone would grow up entirely free from cultural or spiritual ideology, what they'd find when they go through the stage of "awakening"?
But that will remain speculation.

I think i know which thread you're talking about. Obvious were he got his inspiration from.
But i was similiar, i wanted aliens. Now i found myself and ... well i am still researching.

Do you think I share valuable things, or am I just "one of those wall of text guys"?

Like I have said multiple times.. I have a real life.. I don't need to be posting here.

Kev

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

That's what I did wrong. I had many preconceived notions which polluted the process.
That's why the huge 'stress' on egolessness in some many systems. They are confused and do it wrong,
but the basic concept is right..

"Kundalini" magnifies whatever it finds.

That's the promise and the peril of it.

Kev

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join