It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:38 PM
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Q: Whoever said the universe was put here to make me happy?

A: Me ... er, and nobody

... can I go for extra credit?

edit on 1/25/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:46 PM
a reply to: Baddogma

Oh lots of good answers...

All of man's religions.

The god man created.

"God" (meaning the god man created due to the scare marks).

Lots of good answers.

I think you basically got it.

Now.. next question...

Is that rational to you?

Some chimps and dolphins pass the mirror test,
yet we use chimps in labs and give them diseases,
and dolphin's wind up as tuna far too often.

Now for the extra credit that you won...

Where is their god?

5 words does it well.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:49 PM

originally posted by: beansidhe

That left me with the (near) conviction that our thoughts create our realities, and thus, religious folks WERE happy and safe in the arms of Jesus, or Allah, or Satan, or any other tulpa created and then autonomous and living... and I have remained rather happy with that view.

I think that I agree. Our thoughts certainly influence our emotions and they influence our behaviour and so they do, in turn, influence our reality. I can't quite describe this viewpoint of mine well enough, or maybe I haven't formed it well enough in my mind yet.
It's something about which of the myriad sides of reality we turn to face. If you look for strangeness, then you will find it in abundance; if you expect it then it will meet you face on. If you ignore it, or refuse to acknowledge its existence then you won't find any in your life.

That's pretty much what a few others have said in this thread already, so I'm no original thinker, but there is definitely something more than just interpretation of events or cognitive bias at play. There is something else.

A few nights after my father died, I heard someone come along the hall. The bedroom door opened and woke up my (then) baby son. I watched the door close again and heard my other son's bedroom door open. I got up, and of course, as perfectly fitting for this thread, there was no one there. I checked on the other two children and they were sound asleep. I knew- knew, not wished for or hoped for, knew -that it was my father checking on his grandchildren as he had done countless times before.
So what's going on? Was he there or did I create the sounds and movement from an overwhelming desire to see him again? Either way, that is still indicative of that something mentioned earlier.

I don't have any answers for you, but very very happy to discuss in your excellent thread.

yes, in my family it is certain we get a visit or a short view and a statement....also, the white mum in law....a white doggy with the same hair as her.....and then, when I let her in she went over to her couch and looked at me,....I said outloud.....yes, you can jump up on your couch....and she did.
stayed for three or four mum....a white chicken hawk on the roof as I drove up.

edit on 25-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:17 AM
What makes me wonder about the plasma life forms that Kelly always speak of- so many people have reported seeing the "orange ufo" There's a longish thread on ATS about it too. Now for a period in 2012, it would come around here on a regular basis. This orange ball of light that would sudden just "pop up" and stay awhile;then blink out and be gone (or go invisible)

After the astonishment of seeing it the 1st time,which basically just evoked the WTF reaction,it seemed on subsequent visits to evoke a feeling of joy and happiness in me, i mean it was like seeing a beloved friend. As in "oh heyyy you're back

All members of my family saw this visitor- in my husband it evoked mere interest, in my youngest daughter petulance because she didn't want anything to do with anything paranormal and my young little son looked up, said " A Ufo,cool!" And went back immediately to playing with his cars or whatever game he was busy with.

My eldest daughter still lived with us then and she was horrified and very fearful of this orange orb ufo. See, i would sometimes play a fun game with it in the darkening yard, with a flashlight,just a lil silly buggers game, and it played along with me,it was fun. Her chore was to give the dogs their evening food and she came outside to do so+ and asked what i was doing. I pointed upwards and said "Im playing with that ufo up there"

She saw it,and was disgusted and terrified. I think it's existence Offended her, as it irritated my younger daughter. Teenagers for the vast majority part, i think just want their lives and everything in it to be "Normal". Difference was, my youngest gal had the attitude of "Ya Okayyy i see the bloody thing, so can i go back inside now, i'm Busy!"

But with my eldest gal, it was bonedeep revulsion and great fear.

So as much as the nature and origin of this orange orb ufo puzzles me, does the various feelings and reactions it evoked from 5 different people in one family.

So this made me think,since reading of Kelly's theory about plasma life forms,if this was such a thing,as opposed to a "nuts+bolts" ufo that happened to be able to surround the craft in an obscuring orange light.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Raxoxane because: added

edit on 26-1-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:10 AM
Makes me think of 'The secret history of the World' by Jonathan Black. Especially the 'being the plant' experience.

It always amazed me how much all the religions of the world have in common until I realised they were bound to as we all come from a common place, so myths around the world are bound to be similar - great floods, disappearing lands, miracles...

I don't think any one religion has it but there are undeniable truths in all of them (to me anyway).

Anyway thanks for the thread

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:55 AM

How interesting that you have also touched the subject. If you have read Castaneda, he also explains the paralyzing fear of the 'unknown' around his mentor and the exercises he makes him do. I cannot describe it, I personally fear very little, not even death, but this fear I felt was overpowering. Like, one wrong step, and you are condemned to eternal oblivion or darkness where there is no escape if you fall into it. Similar to the fear when you realize that you are astral projecting and fear you will wander too far from your body and not be able to return.

I have wondered years later, where I would have ended had I had the courage to continue.

BTW, I later met another ascetic of the same sect. He immediately recognized the guy from my description. According to him, the person I had met, left his family at the age 7 of his own desire to become an ascetic. Allegedly he spends the winters in the high mountains, walks barefoot in the snow and wears the same clothes as in summer. The locals in the mountains call him 'Baba Barafi', loosely translated as 'Father Ice'.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:11 AM
a reply to: Raxoxane

Thank you for putting a very normal, human face on a controversial subject;
it was like you were discussing raccoon's who get into the garbage and
the varying reactions to that.

The truth is, that without the Higgs Boson, and the Higgs field, there wouldn't
be any solid matter for us at all.

That means we are 1 wittle particle/field away from the whole world being
ghostly from top to bottom.

If you read "Encounters with Star People", you'll hear stories by Native
American's calmly discussing how orbs of light turn into people.. into
UFOs, and then back into orbs.

There you go. I believe them.. and being 1/4 Lakota Sioux myself,
while I have not seen that exact sequence, I've seen "similar".

The truth is, we are a young and highly prejudiced / programmed species,
who doesn't know who they are yet.. living on a tiny crust of 4% of the
Universe ("dark matter & darky energy" (invisible) are 96% of the

I find it completely rational that "everyone else" is an "orb" (the most
energy conservative form in nature is the sphere, which becomes a
drop under the effects of gravity) and we are the oddballs not
knowing to come in out of the rain.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:31 AM

I want to explain my behavior a teence. For those who don't like when
I post a certain way for certain reasons, i apologize; I recommend that
you just "move along, nothing
to see here" if it's annoying.

I personally have been waiting for BD to make this post for some time;
I want to interact with him, and maybe one or two others, in a unique
social environment, where there are various sources of "pressure", both
verbal and potentially non-verbal.

This does not make me anything in particular.. that's not my claim.
Fact of the matter is, learning never stops until death, and even then...
and I desire to interact with someone(s) who may be in a space I can
appreciate; it's very rare that I get to do this. I enjoy
learning very much myself.

Of course I'm happy for everyone, that our host BD is providing
a "similar space" where others can see themselves interacting
openly with others without much of the usual
ATS condemnation.

Even when I give a 'straight answer' it's not particularly a straight
answer. If I say, "the Universe is thus and so.." that's fairly useless
overall. But if I can (with permission or otherwise) get under
someone's skin to make certain connections of their own,
psychological or otherwise, then perhaps a service has been rendered.

For example, the little treatise on "the Soul Conspiracy", from
my perspective at least, is true enough. However there are a hundreds
places that text takes one, if they choose to think and comment.

It's unsatisfactory to just "hear words" when one is looking for continuity,
in a Universe which blows everything up, and we are supposed to be happy
about that.

Words in fact, make a poor shield.. poor armor.. against ugly truths.
Perhaps that's what we are all looking for here? Distraction and new forms
of self-delusion and titillation? Or maybe not.

In my mind, the "journey" if that is indeed what happens, has yet
to even begin...10,000 word treatises not-withstanding.

My apologies in general and going forward.

edit on 26-1-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: paragraph end of lines - yecch!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:17 AM
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

That post touches upon esoteric teaching/interactions in general, too... not that I'm an expert, but I've done some thinking.

Some of these lesser "teachings" are fairly pure b.s. ego gratification... see any "successful" guru in the SoCal area, for example...

and then, even in the cases where the teacher/student (always varying and interchangeable roles, btw) knows what they're doing, some of the coy, evasive, prodding interactions are very deliberate and filled with subtext.

I've come to some "occult 'truths' " by "accident" (lord, running out of conditional quotes) and haven't had the experience of sitting at the knee of someone who knows where all the silly hats are bought, so-to-speak, so I get a kick outta doing it with KPB!

Anyway, at least you, KPB, can get this lazy sack thinking, and thanks for that.. .now I'll think about that god of the chimp and dolphin scenario! I wanna give it more than my usual flip response and see what comes up.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:18 AM
I like to dwell on gray areas and try and be open to different possibilities from different perspectives. Whatever reality is, it doesn't depend on whether we can accept it or not. We don't have to wait for the wet fart conundrum to happen to us, by the time we realized it, it's too late. It might be the extra oysters that we ate at the buffet or the milk the we hastily drank on our way to work, but whatever it is, we have to literally deal with cleaning up the mess.

Pardon the TWF Conundrum nomenclature.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:28 AM
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

As someone who is lactose intolerant, the scenario described was too familiar... and who doesn't appreciate heady concepts being grounded in the grosser facts of biology... I've always thought if we were just meant for heady contemplation of divine truths, we wouldn't excrete so much ick.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: combatmaster

I am certainly interested in your odd experiences, knowing you to be truthful and technically gifted... so when you have time, I'll be riveted!

Welcome, Combatmaster.

I appreciate that Baddogma....

Truth is, i still havent really told anyone about certain things partly for the reason of not being able to cohesively and properly get the message across with words, and partly for not wanting to sounds nuts.

in fact, im currently in a crossroads in my life. These past few weeks have been very..... hmmmm, i cant find the word... lets just say 'different'. I still am not ready to get into the details, something in myself is stopping me from degrading my thought process into words atm not ready for that yet.

Synchronicity is part of what i am talking about!
Sorry, i know how it sounds, im just really not able to put it into words atm!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:20 PM

Truth is, i still havent really told anyone about certain things partly for the reason of not being able to cohesively and properly get the message across with words, and partly for not wanting to sounds nuts.

It can't be any nuttier than some stuff I've seen people post on this site. Do you know that a guy claimed that he could make a sausage time travel in a microwave that was next to a phone line? Yeah, there's a thread on that.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:37 PM

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Do you know that a guy claimed that he could make a sausage time travel in a microwave that was next to a phone line? Yeah, there's a thread on that.

Hey Skid!! Can you link me? I tried searching it for it and got nothing! I adore time travel anything, lol.

I am still here (for the long run), and am caught up. Fascinating!!

Also bookmarked KellyPrettyBear's site, and I like 'fat Sam on the Wall' (only now he's not)....too.

At some point I may want to discuss orbs and the portal-to-hell home that we rented. Just not ready yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:51 PM

Please answer all my questions carefully
And (soulfully - eek!). It's not the questions
Or answers that matter...but where the
Process takes you.

You also want to comment about the
Magician and Shaman comment...
I'm waving it in front of You..pretty
Please take the bait and go off.
But soulfully.

Thank you for collaborating with me..
I need your participation to finish
Up my required goal.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:52 PM
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

You had me at wet fart.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:31 PM

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The thing is, no one is "right" and no one is "wrong". If something works for someone and they get tangible and verifiable results -- good enough.

No one can ever really "prove" any of this stuff until they go out into the world and experience it for themselves. I can tell you things, I can explain things...but in the end it's all just hersay and supposition until you yourself experience it.

Don't just be a passive observer, taking in whatever people throw at you. Find our for yourself whats BS and what's not.

I agree with you, I think that these things have to be experienced in order to be meaningful, but as in all experiential learning, shouldn't we - those here together in this thread - be able to at least come to a consensus as to what we think is going on?
Our world views can't be that different, or our lifestyles so apart that we can't have some shared concept that we agree on. So why can't we? Why is this so unsolveable, not just for us, but for countless others before us?

I'm not expecting you to have an answer, you just made me think of that.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:34 PM

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'd argue that we find those "figures" on cave walls dating back several millenia, so ... yeah ... it's not a modern phenomenon.

(Actually, Neolithic cave art is one of my current passions ... sooo, there is perhaps bias in my comment.)

Christ on a bike, this is now officially my favourite thread. It has it all.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:40 PM
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I'll tell you my moth story in a wee while (and the hilarious squashed butterfly at grandad's funeral story, how we laughed until we realised...
) but I'm walking a thread-jacking knife edge here, so I'll hold off.

In a word, though - yes - I hear you.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:51 PM
a reply to: beansidhe

My vote is to thread Jack.

I had to work on and off for a year to
Get BD to even start this thread.....
I'm hoping it grows larger and gets
Even further off topic than his
More famous OP.

You know everyone wants to hear!

new topics

top topics