It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Mary Jane? Perhaps. Ever tried to meditate after smoking?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Unfortunately, I have an ofttimes unpleasant person living IN my house... me... so total escape from unpleasantness is nearly impossible on my end, too... but I sure do grok that.

Hermits are hermits for a reason... hopefully most can mutate the last unpleasant person they experience (themselves) into a more pleasant one... which is really "the great work" in my estimation.

edit on 2/4/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Overworld is simply the 'bulk' of M-theory string theory (or a part of it) ----metaphor-----impossible to actually describe in words------

Which is "pre-symmetry break".

You might compare it to the 'pure lands' if you must.

It's not heaven....

You might call it the Pleroma or the quantum eternal now also if you must.

I'm not 'going anywhere' or 'working on ascension'.

This kind Of talk is the very reason I see that my experiment failed as I knew it would.

I have some valuable data...but have made no next step conclusions yet; except possibly retiring.

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I disagree quite a lot. The deeper you look the more complex things become. That's an universal law. And it shouldn't keep anyone from looking.
And pretending is different from being.
Also the loudest mouths have the least to say. That's why the "occult" exists. Those who cracked the code watch it jealously and don't share.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yup... and myriad other derangement (and stoic, tranquil) agents.. .likely far, far too many at times...

and my meditations usually end up with drool and snoring... I'm too impatient to properly meditate often ... and sleeping strikes me as a waste of a good, conscious time, too, that can better be broached when dead... but we must do the little death every night for "good health," but it's a design flaw.. .OR something written in our dna so our ancestors and/or current secret spacemen could travel the stars... but that's a thought for a previous thread... or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

"When I got angry at somebody I would release spirits and the people either were killed or became sick. At one point, my father got sick and my mother ended up in hospital because of my cursing them.”

It wasn't until recently that I realized that everyone I hated in my early childhood had something terrible happen to them. Two examples I can think of were two older people in my school who would casually try to make me uncomfortable (flipping their eyelids, and other weird stuff like that). I began to internally despise them... sure enough, the one died a couple years later, and the other kid's dad died shortly after. I assume this is the basis of cursing, and also why cursing yourself is also ill-advised. The word has much power.

This makes sense of Jesus' (as well as our own) ability to make things happen with his word... Did you ever read The Infancy Gospel of Thomas ? or The Gospel of Pseudo-Matthew ? Both claim to be accounts of infant Jesus, and in his young age he was apparently instantly manifesting his word.

Great post as always murgatroid.
you too OP.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Whatever your experiment was, sorry it failed.

But again thanks, you helped me a lot!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

When I implied ascension, I did not mean it as heaven or pure lands or anything egoistic. But as strengthening attraction AS Him with Her.

Nothing else.

I see, wish you best of luck on your travels, when you figure them out : )

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Unfortunately, I have an ofttimes unpleasant person living IN my house... me... so total escape from unpleasantness is nearly impossible on my end, too... but I sure do grok that.

Hermits are hermits for a reason... hopefully most can mutate the last unpleasant person they experience (themselves) into a more pleasant one... which is really "the great work" in my estimation.

Perfect.

Yes....can the last objectionable person (me), Pass along 54 years of education through pain...without some people comparing me to hidden hand or whatever. (some think highly of HH and some think she is a fraud/loser).

And how would I handle that?

Would I run?

Would I fight?

It's no to both.

But I'm not playing a game (except in the most rudimentary sense), so I'm not interested in either error on the part of others.

The answer is I choose not to choose..there is nobody here who cares either way....but I do prefer peace and quiet when possible.

I think that you understand me REALLY well sir.

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Haha, you're funny.
I love sleeping! Need my 9-12 hours or i feel old.
The key with meditation is just like with jogging and all that: discipline.
I lack that a lot. Unfortunately there is no short cut. Some things need to be done on an empty stomach.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I enjoyed that post

It seems to me that our thoughts are part of us though, rather than being the entirety of our being or "who we are." My experience differs drastically in that respect, but of course, words are such funny things!

I have also noticed, that on nearly any topic imaginable, one can avoid achieving "expert" or "guru" status simply by including terms like "I believe," and "I think."

In our lingual contexts, these tend to be perceived as a level of uncertainty. Or, at the very least, a sort of lack of authority. It can be useful in a myriad of ways that can be beneficial to both the writer and the reader.

That personal journey is so very important.. and it is amazing how much variety can manifest when individuals speak of their perceptions of 'reality.' We always run the risk of that perception seeming to represent the totality of what is, because for each individual, it happens to be all-encompassing for us at that point in time and space.

I find its imperative for us to explore these things ourselves for that very reason, rather than accepting or discarding a concept according to another's perspective. If this approach were to be realized en masse, it would be quite a sight to behold. Even if it was only because of limited historical context.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'd like to think I know you a bit... being 'wise' enough to know we're all just looking in mirrors when we look at others.

So many levels of meaning... so many ego games that are silly, but are the only games in human town.. .mostly... yup.

So yeah, I'd like to think I know the core "you" ... and even thinking I do enriches me, so all good on my end.. .which is your end as we're all puppets with M's hands up our arses at this level.. .so-to-speak... as far as I can grok.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Do you think that is representative of how our minds process stimuli, or the actual nature of the source of those stimuli?

I think that there may be one, simple "equation" that is repeated over and over and over again with different vectors through different mediums. This refers to a grand unified theory, which some certainly feel is a fruitless endeavour. I'm not in that camp, personally, due to the idea the universe and reality itself seem to be quite cohesive and unified, even if in our perspectives the parts seem so very disparate and divided.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to so many on the last page or two

Thanks so much - it really is that simple then although that is what makes it so tricky as has been explained in so many different ways by so many people.

Not really sure why i am adding the following but am doing so anyway

If I indeed do not 'own/manifest' my ideas and they come from 'there/them' then perhaps it makes sense to try and track them back?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I'd like to think I know you a bit... being 'wise' enough to know we're all just looking in mirrors when we look at others.

The nervous system decussates, which mean switches sides, as it is projecting to the body from the brain. Which is why the left brain controls the right half of the body and the right brain controls the left half of the body.

Therefore, Our external world is quite literally a reflection of our internal world. Our karma acts according to Newton's 3rd law, so we will reap what we sow, by understanding this, we can use the externally presented world as a guide to the current condition of our soul. Once we truly know ourselves and our connection to the all... then real life begins:

"For he who has not known himself has known nothing, but he who has known himself has at the same time already achieved knowledge about the depth of the all."
edit on 4-2-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

First i would say it is sources.
Second the search for the unified theory is what we all do in a way, the answer to life, the universe and everything. That's why Douglas Adams was so brillant. It is absurde to expect an easy answer. 42.... Lol
We don't even finished collecting all the data.
And third it depends how you approach it, if x+y=z satisfies you, you can take that as equation for all your questions.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Serdgiam

First i would say it is sources.
Second the search for the unified theory is what we all do in a way, the answer to life, the universe and everything. That's why Douglas Adams was so brillant. It is absurde to expect an easy answer. 42.... Lol
We don't even finished collecting all the data.
And third it depends how you approach it, if x+y=z satisfies you, you can take that as equation for all your questions.

We get distracted by correlations, but finding the one true cause, the unifying factor of truth, will make sense of everything.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

No i don't think so. The truth is subjective. And if you look for a cause, you spend myriads of pages explaining for what. But go ahead! Cause for what?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

when you think about it for a bit.

It is simple... well right now after contemplating with mary jane it is : )

Everything is a play of male and female aspect in their purest forms.
But when I say forms, it is false,
there is no form AT ALL.

Only our minds produces them,
according to the mirror,
of the wild dance between
Him and Her

So what we should all do is less thinking and do more "formless lovin!"

IMO

: )

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Just wanted to say welcome, yes, and I enjoy your posts.

Keep on giving enjoyment!

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join