It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes, buuut... you got to your place of personal simplicity, somehow, but most are buried in complexity and need other complexity to make the info/innate power seem important... of course, most of this stuff is simplistic and we're born with it.. .but there are some aspects that are truly "occult" or more precisely, "obtuse" and some need that in order to reduce it back down to its simplicity... if I grokked you.

eta: simplicity by way of complexity is just another road back to the same point of origin, so-to-speak... and to refine, some folks need the "window dressings" to buy the important stuff... but you are completely correct that it is all, in essence, simple.

etax2 (last edit, promise) and I find it amusing that it took you one of the longer posts to say "it's all simple".. . which illustrates the point I was artlessly trying for! Heh...

edit on 2/4/2016 by Baddogma because: refine thought / communication

edit on 2/4/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Most beings don't know who they Are...so they love being named.

It's that simple.

One of the most important things to know.

That true name stuff is mostly garbage.

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That was wonderful to read,Thank You,Mystik,from my heart

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Hospice care? You mean the people that give heroic doses of pain medication that eventually retard someone's breathing until they suffocate?

Because that's what I've seen on several occasions personally with end-of-life care.

If you can hold it together through the "bardos" as the Tibetans call it -- you supposedly can incarnate in a better reality and carry over some of your past consciousness. So there's that.

Nothing ever stays the same. Ever. Everything is always changing and what seems like a crappy situation now is only temporary.

Surprisingly, the best advice and wisest information I've ever recieved has come from the most mundane and unlikely people. If we open our ears, hearts and minds -- there is something to be learned from nearly everyone in nearly every situation. I still learn things from my dog from time to time.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

What if you see ufo's anyway,are (sometimes) telepathic anyway,have chronic low-grade psychic/clairvoyant ability anyway,and have had a lifetime of "strangeness" meaning inexplicable but sometimes very wondrous experiences-without seeking any specific source or origin for it? Not being querulous,there's just so Much i don't understand that sometimes i feel like hitting my head repeatedly against a brick wall.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Retire for me means play with the puppies and cuddle the wife and Retire from all the friendly neighborhood urban shaman stuff.

Btw....are you playing nice? Or just want your personal needs met? Not accusing...asking...

What's your agenda?

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Despite whatever disagreements any of us may have in this thread, I appreciate the effort you're going to here, along with everyone else's contributions.

I'm used to keeping thoughts to myself and learning through observation but I really enjoy it when others point out things I've alluded to in the past.

Anyway, back to lurker-mode. Keep up the good work, everyone.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Really well written. Be wary of people who claim secrets, they are always more clueless than you, and are just indulging ego.
edit on 4-2-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It's hard to write about someone who is "sensitive" and "jealous" when they are looking
at you; that's why I'm not this straight forward all the time.

Many myths and "spiritual concepts" are due to Her..

but the "worthwhile ones" can only be discussed and attained AFTER first knowing who She is.. and Her nature.

after reading again a few times and contemplating these lines, there is a lot "more space" between them : )

you described who SWMBO is, I understand way better than at start and also last few post have given me a clearer picture.

But what is Her nature apart being sensitive and jealous when we are looking?

She must be attracted somehow as She is a female aspect, maybe with purity? All true religions are in agreement with that. Purity with mind (no thoughts/ego) and body?

We are aeon (gnosticism) or atman. Our "purest form". Him. What attracts Her?

....oh I see, the two steps we mentioned before...this is the start...

wonderful!

The transition from immaterial to material, from noumenal to sensible, is created by a flaw, passion, or sin in an Aeon.

Also a few starting reading sources for interested people:
en.wikipedia.org...(Gnosticism)
en.wikipedia.org...(philosophy)

and also the link and word Peeple already explained. Also a nice keyword to remember : )

@all:
I remember BD saying, that he/her? would not mind if we break down apart all the mysticism and eastern and western spirituality.

....let's do it, no limits, just opinions!

: )
edit on 1454610329225February252252916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well, even if one departs, gravity (or some limitation to flight) will draw you back... eventually... hopefully.

But the advice to not base one's perceptions on one sample stands.

But avoiding unpleasantness is also understandable... most of my own behaviors arise from that fact. Fight or flight?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Thank you Rethaya! and just when reading your reply to me i got a rather strident eartone,which could well mean that i should be paying specific attention to what i'm reading/thinking about/seeing at that specific time. Thanks very much for the info,Bless you

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

"Naturals" generally were abused as children.

Generally have a ruptured stomach micro environment.

May be 'bloodline' born with a partly awakened baby attached.

And some naturals (usually men) think everything is so simple due to their 'head start' but in fact may need more life experience than those they strut and posture for. I've met dozens of them. Hundreds.

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Yes, buuut... you got to your place of personal simplicity, somehow, but most are buried in complexity and need other complexity to make the info/innate power seem important... of course, most of this stuff is simplistic and we're born with it.. .but there are some aspects that are truly "occult" or more precisely, "obtuse" and some need that in order to reduce it back down to its simplicity... if I grokked you.

No, you don't need more complexity to get out of complexity. It's kind of like trying to still the mind and not thing about anything. Most people have a really hard time not thinking. Most people feel very odd, vulnerable, scared that something is wrong if they just stop thinking about things.

If you're worrying about this person, that TV show, those groceries or...IDK whatever it is that we humans waste our time thinking about -- you're just behaving like a meme that's been programmed by the culture you've grown up in.

Most of us have been programmed and had our core values and personality set into stone by about age 5-7. Even if you limit your excursions into the world and avoid TV, the same consumer culture programming has taken hold in you from those early years of exposure. This "rat race" that we're told is healthy, normal, and desirable is already deeply rooted into you.

Do whatever you want -- but the point is, you can mire yourself down in the details and nitty gritty forever. You're only keeping your nose so close to the table you can't see the room though. People are so concerned with details, details, details...

If dressing up like Mr. Spock with fake pointy ears, dancing under a full moon while drinking fake blood makes you feel magical and somehow actually illicits the desired response you intended...who the hell cares what you had to do, and what methods and systems you used to accomplish it?

That's the real secret -- there isn't any set way to do things. The things that'll be most effective for you are the things you believe in. An atheist isn't going to be able to get anything from Kabbalist rituals any more than a Native America will get from a Catholic exorcism. The rituals, rites, tomes of knowledge -- all these are window dressings that "put you in the mood" so to speak.

So, slap on those Spock ears and find out when the next full moon is. You can do whatever you want in life and be anything you want. Put on the "costume" of who you want to be, and you'd probably be surprised at how well you can convince others.....and eventually yourself.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
I care... I was neck deep in Gnosticism once (probably spurred by Philip K Dick)... liked the idea of experience over faith.. . still do, and it has useful concepts and incredible, fresh (at the time) ideas about "reality."

eta: oh, and wanted to add that I couldn't do all the legwork to actually experience the concepts discussed (by way of meditation or derangement, either way I only scratched some surfaces). So, the concepts became so much more dogma, to me... I wish I could directly experience more of it... as the little I did was intriguing and pointed to some truth, but I wonder if there was a shortcut to Gnosis that we have since lost? Some "Soma" we lost the recipe for, or something?

edit on 2/4/2016 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

If I ran from every unpleasant person....I'd never leave my house.

I just don't want another '1981'.

And the 'hero worship' makes me growl.

I'm not anymore special than anyone else.

I don't even have a soul.

I'm just a trainwreck survivor with a stubborn streak who takes good notes.

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Correct.

People don't know who they Are and want someone else to name them.

Even the friggin universe wants that.

I don't want to play that role for anyone...

Let them build their own costume.

Good post.

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

She is 'conscious' as we know it....originally just the seed potential when the Universe was young.

But the great LIE is that consciousness is cosmic and eternal. It isn't. Its not 'god' either.

It is a hazard to be overcome.

Human style consciousness anyway.

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

No I meant people who blow themselves up with mystical practices.

As far as wisdom? My wife is the wisest person I know and she lives in the pleroma...but doesn't talk about this stuff.

That's usually the way to go.

;-)

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well my exit signal was posted that I was watching for. That doesn't mean that I'm "going" but it does mean that my personal experiment (what I wanted to learn) is complete.

Thanks.

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

perfect, I get it!

thanks!

As I take it from this context, the only thing eternal in truth is "Overworld". Nothing else. All else are just different expressions of it in never ending cycles.

I see, so you are going to work on other aspects of your "non human style consciousness" to attract Her even more and achieve final & complete true yoga.

that is probably your new territory which you mentioned in some post. It can sound wo wo for some, but it makes perfect sense, to me at least if this is so.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join