It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

no this has nothing to do with str0 and his story. i already made myself clear on that and what my stance is. so I wouldn't worry about that.

but I obviously don't agree with your dp theory. that's all.

if you feel my presence is counterproductive in this thread (to what i can only speculate) and the consensus from the rest of the members is in accord I'll take leave. if not. then it looks like there's gunna be a guy who will poke holes here and there or will critically analyse your theory.

dont worry it could always be worse though you could be zaphod and have to deal with my aviation forum posts. that poor moderator. he has my sympathy. seriously.

now about swmbo. what's the history behind her. what specifically is she/it. specifically.

and if she's gunna show up again the best way to approach her or deal with her.

edit on 3-2-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

This isn't my thread.

We are both guests here.

I'm more likely to leave this thread than you are maybe....

But one more question please.

If you find my core premises wrong...why ask me about SWMBO?

Do you truly believe there is some trickster type thing messing you up bad sometimes?

Please tell me about that in huge detail.

And I want to say that you wrote a very classy response when I was giving you every chance to let loose or for me to get censored.

I'm impressed with you!

Btw...what is your assessment about my thinking that it was (more) likely SWMBO in action than a real breakaway civilization in action?

Thanks kindly...

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You know, it's possible that I may have a solution to your problem...

...and I think beansidhe will agree with me on this...we have to change 'Her' name...
(not beansidhe's - you know, 'Her' - swmbo)

Okay, here's what happened:

I was using the facilities in my bathroom (which interestingly enough is entirely floored in hexagon shaped tiles), and as my eyes wandered the two dimensional ceramic honeycomb at my feet, I slipped into that meditative state which many of us slip into while attending to certain personal care needs...

...and all of a sudden 'She' (you know, swmbo) came to mind, and I had a very 'strange thought', which went like this:

"I don't think 'She' wants to be called, "She who must be obeyed" anymore..."

And when I asked the 'strange thought' Why?, it said:

"Well, it does have an awfully tyrannical sound to it."

So, I asked what 'She' would like to be called, and the 'strange thought' said:

"Melissa"

Where upon I asked, 'Is that what that 'bee' thing is all about over at Baddogma's thread?'...

...to which the 'thought' (being no less 'strange') replied: "mmmm" "Yes"

After a brief pause it continued, "...actually, I think 'Lady Melissa' might be kind of nice..."

- At this point, attendance to necessities concluded, I came out of the meditative state, and the 'strange thought' was no more.

So! Make of it what you will, but I swear - totally true story...

...along with which, I now submit to you - the concept from beansidhe's earlier 'faery lore' post on the importance of "names" and the power inherent in them...

...as I offer the following conclusion:

'Names' do have power, they can become self-fulfilling prophecies (many a child has grown up to fulfill the nicknames he was taunted with by bullies in the school playground)...

...And I have personally known men whose professions literally match their name (and nobody does that on purpose), my spine surgeon is Dr. Sawin (Saw 'in'), and my dentist is Dr. Enfinger!

My point is this - perhaps if 'She' has a kinder, gentler 'name', she will become a kinder, gentler 'Her'...

What say you? Shall we have a christening?

I say yes! I say cheers! Cheers to Lady Melissa! And may 'She' and we be much blessed by it!!

edit on 3-2-2016 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Well SWMBO is a pet name for women I'm either in love with or are at least married to.

Kev

edit on 3-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I hadn't known "Melissa" meant "bee" in Greek... being greek to me... or forgot, like most of the data I acquire.

I found that post rather profound... so sure, Lady M is fine with me.

And to BASS and KPB... the interplay between you two always teaches... always... just keep it polite and the arguments are welcome and contributions eagerly awaited.

Now let me read this danged thing...heh...

ETA and anyone remember that instance way back several pages when that bee came in my house out of the cold... when I was searching for words about poop and flies laying maggots in it? That puts WAY more context to that incident.. .

edit on 2/3/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Well, a "pet name" is not the same as a 'naming' name, because if it's tongue in cheek SWMBO - that's saying you 'choose' to 'obey' because of love, not tyranny...

But if we're talking about a 'personage' of potential power over people who live in pothole universes, then "Lady Melissa" (provider of honey) seems like a much more better name..

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Whoa...totally forgot about that bee!!!

OMG! Does this mean I've actually had my very own (minor) experience of 'high strangeness'?

I've never had one of those before!!
(Admittedly, I've always fervently 'prayed' to not ever experience anything that would "freak me out", so that may be a limiting factor, lol!)

Actually, I suppose that considering the bee was on your end, I can really only lay claim to having participated in 'someone else's' experience of high strangeness...but that's okay.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Well I see you've made friends....that does a broken down old shamans heart good.

I could go on for pages about Her....but don't forget who She is and who She is not.

She awakens first in the hive.
She lives both inside and outside the hive.
She was the first shape changer.
She has near infinite queen bee sisters.
She claims to be the hive builder.
She makes more claims than stars in the sky.

Only Her husband knows Her Mother and her number.

Yes------your story is wonderful. Thank you for sharing it.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Thank you for the kind words - they mean a lot to me!

- Do you mean "made friends" with 'Her'? I have no idea 'who' She is, and what I want to know...

...does She have an agenda, and is it detrimental to anyone's well-being?

Also who is Her husband, and what is His 'role'/modus operandi?

Oh, and what is the significance of Her having a "number"?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You know How religions are wrong?
How cults are wrong?
How people who channel are wrong?
How all messages from 'UFOs' are wrong?
Who do You think they talk to?

If you confront Her.
If you attempt to learn from Her.
If you attempt to decipher Her...
It will not go well.

Only those who want NOTHING from Her do well.

Some call Her consciousness; but She is reflected light. Reflected light confuses.

It is best to talk about Her indirectly.

She will not hurt anyone who is family.

Sometimes its better to speak in the ancient manner.

Night!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

thanks for answers.

Yes it is true, words are very limiting when it comes to this stuff and more times than not are getting in the way when trying to explain something of such nature. Especially when ones lack proper experiance like me, maybe I should not participate in such debates. Sometimes I feel that all the different concepts and informations are fuel for to wild imagination and are getting in the way of silence.

I was mainly writing short version of what I know from what religions experiences described in texts (mainly from buddhist/hindu prospective) and a few personal experiance for now. It is very exciting to think so much more can be experienced and not just read about and that is excellent motivator for me.

I really like where last posts were going about SWMBO. I have never heard of this concept for now, I think? I don't really have a clue about what exactly she represents or is (in religions or philosophies?), from this thread and it is my first time reading about her.

Can you say something about her to help identify her (indirectly) so we can google for more informations or if you can do the honours of proper introduction here?
Well any tidbit you can share are welcomed!
edit on 1454567311228February282282916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Simon Parkes have some interesting theories about a grid surrounding the earth,although i cannot now offhand recall if he mentions the hexagon shape. Well i can listen to Simon Parkes read a shopping list, his voice soothes me in a way i have never encountered,like a loving and beloved father telling me a goodnight story
I very much get the "That is my daddy" feel from listening to him. Weird i know,but that's how it is

Anyway he has a lot of interesting theories and had a most interesting life and experiences. He's a politician,but propably the only one on earth i would trust as far as i can throw him.

Whether you consider him right,halfway right+halfway wrong or just downright wrong in his opinions and theories,there is a genuineness about the man,a kindness,a decency that i can feel on a deep level. I feel like i have always known him,though of course in this life we have never met,and barring a miracle,never will

edit on 4-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

How fascinating,thank you for sharing that,Mystik
!! My given name name at birth,by my bio-mother, was actually Deborah,which in Hebrew means bee
Then the woman who adopted me made that my second(and never used) name and gave me,as i mentioned to Kev,some godawful truck-stop waitress name. I don't look down on truck-stop waitresses,please believe me,i am sure many of them are the finest women you could meet,i don't even Have a job,so ya i definitely don't look down on their job status.I just never resonated with the name,in fact it repulsed me and i changed it to something i Do resonate with,as soon as i left school and moved away.But ya my first given name means bee.

www.behindthename.com...

I would love to meet the Mantis race,well not all of them at once,that may be intimidating,but in this life,i have always felt the deepest reverence for Mantis-the beauty,the elegance,the regal demeanour-and they have a fun side to them,if they've been around you a lot,you notice something akin to a playfulness,a sense of fun-though i may be anthropomorphising wildly here,it's what i sensed

There are certain times during some summers when they seem to flock to me,i recall the most DeLightful time in 2012-when i could hardly turn round and there would be a Mantis on me,next to me,close to me,on one wonderful occasion one spent the whole night next to my pillow. I was so worried i was going to squash it in my sleep but i could'nt bear to chase it off and in the morning mr/ms cutie was still there. This past summer i've had some nice visits also. The dearest,most delightful creatures.

Back to bees,we have also a hive of bees in my bedroom's en-suite bathroom,in the outer wall. They were like guard dogs sometimes,my son has this theory that like dogs+cats,bees can sense evil/bad intent. Because we had this gardening crew,and the bees seemed to hate this one specific member of the gardening crew with a purple passion. They would literally fly past 2 or 3 other members of the crew to attack this specific person and sting him copiously. It got so bad the whole crew became afraid and we had to have the hive removed before any crew would come near our yard.

Some returned,the hive got bigger again,and Again we had to have them removed. Still a few returned,but it's a smaller number and they don't seem to be so aggresive-hope that lasts because our crew is behind on schedule because of the owner's truck breaking down+has'nt gotten to us in a while,the grass is getting long,which means more snakes,and although i love snakes,it's always the poisonous ones who come into my house.I find killing them necessary but distasteful and depressing,all they did wrong was to,well, take a "wrong turn" you know? Oh i just realised i'm prattling on like crazy,gonna stop now

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Hi lostgirl,thanks so much for your always-kind words.You are correct in saying that it is loneliness/aloneness that is what is most conducive to getting to the "deeper things" and the deeper thinking,and ponderings and meditations that bring insights. That aloneness in nature can bring about wonderful interactions with Earth and her creatures too,btw.But yes it can be very painful too. See,it's not just that feeling of being essentially alone,even among my nearest and dearly beloved,with my beloved best friend,or in a crowd-it feels like there is this "void" As if a part of me,an essential part is missing. This has plagued me since earliest memories,i feel the "void" the "missing part of me" and i think That is the cause of the abiding sense of alone-ness that has caused me so much pain+mental anguish all my life long.
Bless you,dear

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

About clinical depression (which i don't know if i have,i have just suffered from major depression since about age 3/4,so idk) and digestive/stomach problems:

I hate and distrust anti-depressants but lately my depression has been so bad that i had to go on Prozac,after being off anti-d's for Years.But i homeschool my son,i cannot be weeping continuously,it upsets my children and obviously makes teaching just about impossible.

Anyway,the link to digestive/stomach trouble,i have been for most of 2014 and all of 2015 been plagued by a badly distended stomach/abdomen. So much that i had to change my entire style of dressing,because i actually looked continuously pregnant. My doctor thought it may be ascitis:
en.wikipedia.org...

and sent me for an MRI. It detected nothing except some benign lesions on my liver,i forget the name-and that was Not the cause of the distention. On the same day they did another type of sonar/x ray type thing,which again showed nothing that could cause the distention.

Then on to the gynae,who with that type of vaginal ultrasound,found some growths on my ovaries/tubes,i forget which,and he suggested it could be responsible for Some of the distention,but not as badly as i was distended,it could not be the entire cause. I'm due to have them removed next month,or the month after. Should've had it done in 2014,precisely a year ago this month,when he did the scan,but seeing they're benign i let it slide.

And yes,you would by this point propably think i'm being a bit cavalier about my health,but we are not financially well-off and there's always co-payments,even with the decent medical insurance we have. So often,if a thing is not life-threatening,i let it slide,as in my country,co-payments can amount to thousands of ZAR. And i despise being fiddled with by doctors and dentists in any way shape or form also.

So here's the rub-since i've been on the Prozac (well a local generic,but still fluoxetine 20mg) and my stomach/abdominal distention is Gone. I don't have the flat tummy i had in my young days,of course,i have been pregnant 6 times in my life,of which 3 children survived,and i don't exercise enough,and i love me some Heinekens on a hot summer day (though not many,2 is usually my average on days when i do drink alcohol,but i'm sure it all adds up) plus a stomach ulcer and my doc says i also have IBS. Jeezus,these Bodies we have to inhabit here,the MESS..

Anyway point being,on the Prozac generic i am now undepressed enough to not be constantly be weeping,with that most terrible forboding feeling of doom,such a Horror of a feeling inside of me i cannot even describe it in words,just the most sickening,sorrowful feeling of absolute doom and loss and despair. But i am still not completely undepressed,still at this level the depression is at least manageable,and i don't i have that "soul holocaust" feeling inside me now.And my distended stomach is Gone,leaving only the normal slightly overweight tummy of a 50yo woman who has gone through many pregnancies,has an ulcer and IBS,does'nt exercise much at all and enjoys the occasional few cold ones.So yes,a correlation i have found between severe depression and severe digestive/abdominal/gastro-intestinal problems.

And here's my feeling on incarnating Here into a human body:

edit on 4-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: added

edit on 4-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: added

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
great reading folks and we (well i do) need others to look for holes in thoughts and theories - providing a patch is always better than just pointing it out

Cloning yourself to read/learn/experience more - that made me chuckle and i am still thinking about it - it makes me imagine 'the universe' chuckling to itself too - can you see why
?

Regards SWMBO or Lady Melissa if she prefers I had been pondering the power of that name and how much power you/we were giving her over us but the way you explained makes me realise that it is just a term of endearment.

Bees always loved them and have introduced many children to them as amazing creatures rather than something to be scared of. Just watch them on a flower filling their pockets with yellow goodness especially the bumble types although it always saddens me to see how many are infected with little ticks/mites.
My 2 boys were rescuing bees and even wasps from their paddling pool from about 3 as they grew up watching me do it - just gently put your hand under it and it will crawl on happily to the heat - i always try and place them in the sun to dry out/warm up and on a flower for food.

Sure there was more i wanted to prattle on about but the bees sidetracked me - in fact I need to fix the shed floor to help them for this summer. They like to nest under it in case you are interested and if they come up through the floor the spiders get them, also although to late for this winter but must finish my cane bee home and find the best place for it.
edit on 4-2-2016 by johnb because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

How does one know if one is family,Kev? and what is the ancient way?
Wish you a goodly day

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

We love bees too,it's so endearing,the way they drink water. I often sit next to the dogs' waterbowl which is placed under an outside tap,and late afternoon,early evening they come to drink,and there's this whole circle of bees like animals by a waterhole

I have always taught my children to revere and love bees also,my daughter has sometimes revived an exhausted-looking bee crawling on the floor by offering it a minute amount of sugared waterdrops

They have stung us too,occasionally,but we don't mind. In fact,i feel odd to admit this,but it's Nice to be stung by a bee most times,brown vinegar takes the pain away immediately,and one gets this feeling of a "boost",like an energy tonic or something for a few minutes,well i do. So you could say getting stung gives me a buzz

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Knew there was more - The Fall is a great read so far - started on it last night after finishing 'The Secret History of the World' and have The Hemitica and the Histories (Herodotus) beside me to read too. Must go back through this thread and combine all the reading recommendations into one post.

Got this amongst others bookmarked for reading too:
Srimala_Vimalakirti_2004.pdf

I guess you all know this site but it is great for older literature sacred texts

Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality by Dean Radin is a great read too and where I first came across Schrodingers Cat.

The Bhagavad Gita, usually considered part of the sixth book of the Mahabharata (dating from about 400 or 300 B.C.), is a central text of Hinduism, a philosphical dialog between the god Krishna and the warrior Arjuna. This is one of the most popular and accessible of all Hindu scriptures, required reading for anyone interested in Hinduism. The Gita discusses selflessness, duty, devotion, and meditation, integrating many different threads of Hindu philosophy.v

Anybody read the Mahabharata or just the Bhag/Srimala -aaaaargh i have a love/hate relationship with the sacred texts site -soooooooooooo much to read - must be quicker to just connect and learn directly - why do I not do this - fear and if so of what?
Perhaps I need to identify that before i can move on.

Also why do things all happen at once? I have been un-engaged from the world for a couple of years now but recently decided to re-engage properly - will be retraining as an electrician starting any day now, have a few job interviews lined up (but will only go part time i think so i can train faster - could be Part 1 qualified by end of this year
) have started reading this 'stuff' again and then found this thread. No answer required really - I know why, it's because i made the decision to participate again

Although why I have chosen to share this here I am not really sure - only my SWMBO knows so far - maybe it will prompt one other person to mentally decide to 'move forward' or whatever and then 'the universe' can 'help' you too.

The more you do the more you do but the less you do the less you do but finding the balance as in all things is surely key.
Don't get so busy you have no time to 'be' but don't 'be' all the time either although perhaps maybe 'being' all the time is what we aspire to.

Words again fail me so back later.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

thanks for the recommendations and links. they are great as is your entire post!

I have read a lot of the indian vedas and they are a great source of many good wisdoms, for me. What is great about such text to me, is how understanding of it develops. This is connected a bit with intuitive thinking, which we already mentioned in here a few pages back. A person will pick up the clues suited for their current development.

After reading the same text a few times in period of let's say 1 year. I can personally say that currently I interpret a whole lot of things differently than before and I am not sure even now that I get some parts correctly, probably not : )

I think you will be just fine. From your writings it seems you have a nice thing going currently, just keep this flow and things will be super.
Don't worry about meditation or anything spiritual. If you like reading than read, if you feel like meditating then do that, but don't put yourself down unnecessarily. Life is to short for that. IMO.

Things usually comes to us precisely when we "need" them, even if we don't understand it at the present. But after a while it should make some sense. At least this is true for me.

a reply to: UniFinity & Kev

I would like to add to my post after a bit of contemplation about what have you said already in this thread Kev, about the SWMBO. After my previous suggestion that this was what hindus take as "Maya", but you said Maya has nothing to do with her. Also you already said that it is a primordial trickster and that you love here like your wife.
This should make your wife a bit jealous? : )
Except if they are the same thing ... I don't mean obviously that your wife is a primordial trickster...well who knows, she is a woman and married to shaman : ) ... but in all seriousness.

Are you talking about "primordial universal force of love" ( (egoistic)love could be considered also as the greatest trickster after all), it could be manifested in us as unconditional devotion and equal love to all universe or creation. Which shows itself in the person by their virtuous acts and choices in any and all circumstances? ...this is what makes sense for me currently : )

How do I met her, is she waiting for us all in our "true heart"?

So...Is this part crap or is intuition leading me somewhere nice ?

: )
edit on 1454589362236February362362916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join