It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 376
<< 373  374  375    377  378  379 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I like colour, especially clashes of. I like red with green and am happy to be a gypsy queen. My Mum always said, how can colours that you find together in flowers possibly be wrong, what they mean is nature is wrong, and that nature is "common". I like being common. Much more of a daisy than a rose.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Fun fact about fish it takes 1,5 of them to produce 1 in fish farms. And because it's cheaper they get fed with carcass meal, which causes malnutrition issues and I imagine a lot of people who think they are vegetarians/pescetarians or can't eat pig for religious reasons would freak out if they knew.
Natural grown fish on the other hand are full of plastic. And rare.
Once you try to eat healthy you start filling up nicely with soy which is basically 100% GMO and rats have responded to that with cancer, but hey a healthy tomato gives you all the pesticides you need to get cute handicapped babies...

Maybe it's just me but this planet is doomed. Don't know why I felt the urge to share? Sorry.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Thanks, it seems you have had the observer role sort of the same as myself even in the midst of the 1st person but 3rd person point of view as seeing all of that as a lesson... almost like ones own fairy godmother/father role or even imaginary fiend at times. In such a manner one does grow strength from such... as there is no one to witness with when standing as a judge but not in condemnation but almost a see it how it is sort; and know it does not have to be in such a manner.

Of course I used to be the information sponge; I think that was gearing of some programming to be a writer; but when that limitation hit a wall then well where was the backup plan from do not pass go or collect 200 dollars and straight to that infantile prison of limitation so yeah I am sure seeing that over and over in people you have known, same as myself? Perhaps even gone through it since you've basically said, you were deemed... eccentric. So mental words going the way of the dodo and the minds eye thinking in pictures opening up? I think is a natural expression from having hit so very many roadblocks... that life always finds a way.

Of course it sort of leads into what seems to be two worlds and on the cusp of both... like one has to go back through an absolute state of purity perhaps even death in that review and open the minds eye and purge or clean out the stall.... so that the other avenue opens of course awakening?

Like the movies name sake; here is this vegetable oil and bam an essential fatty acid that was missing fits that lock and the vegetable says I am a man not a plant. Got a good dose of oneself I suppose...

Interesting how life rolls on when the stumbling blocks of doubt and concept and trip wires and everything else starts coming uprooted and Dorothy's house goes weeeeeeeeeee because it is just too traumatic an experience of what she is going through to cope with the reality. When a lot of people are doing that very same thing and the goal is to hide or escape the truth? The you are the poison not the medicine... but really are the healing if they would not just run away from it. Ever say you are sorry just out of common courtesy? Or notice a streak of saying it? It is like an unload unconsciously to get over pain one has caused others but some just say hey no worries sort of used to it; heap it on and well the bottom starts getting furniture one becomes so used to be placed there over and over whether that be out of humility or others gasping?

Eh what is the difference... Wu Wei

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Of course it sort of leads into what seems to be two worlds and on the cusp of both... like one has to go back through an absolute state of purity perhaps even death in that review and open the minds eye and purge or clean out the stall.... so that the other avenue opens of course awakening?

Buffalo Woman Comes Singing

When we fast. we essentially refrain from taking in on the right side of our experience. This creates what might be called a vacuum in our consciousness. By our very nature, something else will come in to fill that space. If we leave behind as much as possible of our everyday, right-sided, world by going away from our home, taking nothing with us, not eating food, sometimes not even drinking water, then we quite effectively cut ourselves off from the ordinary world.

What remains with us is the way we perceive that same world as it lives inside of our minds. This in itself is a profound lesson. For we learn that leaving something physical behind does not mean we are finished with it. My personal experience has been that all the concerns of my normal world follow me, and come up over and over again as I sit alone. I acknowledge them, "order" them, and let them go; as long as they are occupying my total consciousness, I put them in order to help find the basic themes, the deepest roots, of my concerns. When I get to the bottom of them, I then release them to the Great Mystery.

Often several days into the fast, sitting there in the beauty and inspiration of the wilderness, there comes magical moments of quiet on my right side. And into this quiet pours the left side of my experience. The vacuum is filled with richness of dream, vision, clairvoyance, astral travel, extraordinary perception, mystical revelation, touching the Great Mystery, and all the other left-sided events.

The fast seems to work the same way with all people. It is a brilliant tool for opening ourselves to the Great Mystery and to the Source of Life within our own being. Leaving behind our everyday world, taking ourselves into the beauty, harmony, and mystery of nature, creating the space and time within ourselves to listen deeply - all these things work beautifully to deepen our spirit.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I was bored earlier today. So I searched for 'woo' and some other terms, this came up!

YouTube: Wootube.

Scientific Mysticism at it's finest! (The guy explains math! Made my Cinco de Mayo!)

Happy Cinco de Mayo ye' Cafeterians!!
edit on 5-5-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: eta buenos may five-O

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I pay attention

And I don't, but still do, often times being inattentive is based on an appraisal that something is private or none of my business and not to be observed. Not many people pay enough attention to know the difference. Not many people are able to resist an attention seeker, hence why they are so easily distracted from their purpose, if indeed they are mindful enough of themselves to have one. Passion is far too frequenty replaced by whims, and whims achieve very little but serve well to distract feebly focused minds with the bright and shiny.

Information, too much there of, can be distracting too, personally, sponge metaphor wise, I can feel like a saturated sponge floating in an ocean, there being only so much I can absorb at any one given time. It passes through, it doesn't stay absorbed, but I generally recognise it again when it passes through again. Not so much a learning process as a system of gaining familiarity. I did a postgraduate course a couple of years ago, an attempt to pursue a more academic route to learning, I found myself deeply unsuited to it but the course was fantastic, I cannot fault that, the problem was me entirely. Anyway, I wrote a paper where I described how Systems Practice forced me to drop my cloak of invisibility as an observer and that, as a system whose primary purpose was to observe, I found this destabilising to my system over all and simply could not do it in my professional practice without losing my job. Personally, fine, no problem, but due to the nature of my work and the people I work with and for, politically, moving out into the open systemically would have been disasterous. I failed the paper but not the course.

The course was designed to take engineers and other technically systematic professionals, and get them to think "systemically", it was not designed for the already systemic who needed to be more systematic and because of that it pushed some of my levers too far into the systemic and I have been weaving myself back since to find firm ground. I'm pretty much back there I think, or as far too there as I want to be. Actually, the main outcome of that course, for me, was to discover that I was exactly where I needed to be, and that no matter how much I procrastinate and avoid it, deep inside the only thing I want to be when I grow up is a writer. To be the writer I want to be though has required a lot of growing up.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Maybe it's just me but this planet is doomed. Don't know why I felt the urge to share? Sorry.

No need to apologise

Some days I agree. On those days I look around and I seek out the stories of those working hard, risking their lives, to bring positive and sustainable change to the world and the future. I have a good cry, get it out of my system, and get back to what I was doing.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Michet

Quite a lovely thought... of course right side left side, much like a drain clockwise counter-clockwise they both spiral out from some force in the middle from the as above and so below this force so strong it flattens everything out like the rings around planets in a very stable space without cosmic wind.

Cosmic womb is much like the little "bears" living a feeding off of simple sugars in space... so when a woman rolls her eyes and the viscera swirls? Kinda like the inner outer cosmic drain. Like I need to pull the plug on all of this because this just isn't working and well there it goes in the unseen... the other way.

So not matter what when looking to some sort of spin or extreme of right or left there is always the middle ground of time, one step out of the void becomes cause and therein lay hope... carried on the back of all explorers in a little cocoon or papoose like a cicada buried to then crawl up the tree of life when it is time out of the earth womb and bloom and fly away out of the old husk like a humming bird to savor every moment of life as sweet of course the dragon says I can move in much the same way as darting pausing and flying backwards. The difference one came out of the ground and one came out of the water and yet both end up in the air... and how is any other life that much different?

When we put those limits on space to move about; to grow to advance and yet, like a snail... carries it's entire dwelling on it's back much like the tortoise and hermit crab which is a reminder of how when taking things nice and slow? Ones house is always a home... no matter where they go.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Remember my snail shell? Well it must have been very cold and backed up way way inside itself... I placed it as just a shell in my dish sponge shell an old abalone with a few other small shells, and sitting here I look up and lo and behold there's Gary chewing on dish Sponge Bob...

Meow!

I thought of keeping this little "cat" but decided outside was likely a better choice; they do eat hard cat food too btw. Hopefully no one French comes along and chews Gary like bubble gum (so I have heard)

Writing; is a good course of study... write and re-write... I was always lauded as a great writer all through school, even turned down the possibility of a scholarship at Duke the teacher said I was her first choice. I just had an ego about it... from all of that "praise" that I didn't 2nd or 3rd draft at all like pffft what are editors and proof readers for? So hey write it all out as fast as you can, then do different proofs... first I would say forget spelling use basic punctuation and just zoooooooooooooooom, then proof a spelling, then proof a punctuation, while making sure continuity and characterization is occurring properly in all read through.

I did two more art pieces and well, it is so difficult to keep from getting hacked that I 404 myself sometimes in trying to stay ahead of the hacking... so yeah privacy is something I can appreciate, put up a video link somewhere... less than 2k views and in under a week from the network of friends viewing hits over five million views.

Of course some likely do not understand why I am not a 24/7 pod cast some have 100% transparency of their life online and off some are still hiding... myself I want it just to keep from getting constantly ripped off of, which I dont mind but wait until I post something... just because it is going to be free unless stated; who knows if what I am working on is free until I post and state it?

So that sort of situation; can really bury someone... just like all of the passions can the hobbies, etc. fortunately there is an impermanence not matter how much ANYONE desires to keep something or anyone in a permanent state.

I get a bit "trigged" by those that want to keep relatives chained to past that have passed on... and blame what they say killed them, like smoking and cancer... they smoked because they liked it something that made them feel and seem like them, without whatever it is that makes someone comfortable in their own skin? Uniqueness or personality gets lost and has to shuffle around for that freedom and in that way life finds a way... in the new skin that those are in as a life they still likely smoke while the life feeding on that corpse that is no longer them? Become that yokai or negative energy...

Sort of like if I was murdered or killed in any life... don't chain that person or energy to me, don't blame the things that I loved or enjoyed for my death or impermanence thats just the nature of life. Let the law be the law and then let go... someone will walk along a beach find a shell smile put a sponge in it as family and the hermit not even thought of that may have been there... hermit of course was not the first inhabitant either.

I think this is why the if you love someone set them free means just let them be... thats all the freedom anyone needs to be left to be able to go their own way. Shell after shell even the shell likely didn't know it was sitting on thousands and thousands of smaller shells that could say why was I not special pretty or perfect enough to be welcomed into a home? Clinging to feet and everywhere else trying to find out why...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

That's just messed up. Math is the new woo? Whaaaat?
You know what's a great movie? The Arrival. Despite Charlie Sheen. Or because of, I'm not sure he's crazy but kind of sexy and a great actor. Or it's the beard?
Do you have a beard cute end-of-the-world-IT-rebel?
Do you know the story of Mitnick? I love the Motorola part... "oh sure here the head of our security will happily allow you to use his private log-in..." and he basically went to jail for other peoples stupidity. There's just no justice in the world.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Get it all out of the system. That's my remedy too. Unfortunately it doesn't fix anything besides me feeling better for a while.
But oh one day I will rule the world and me and my alien friends will unicorn fart rainbows fairy dust and sprinkles...

Sorry PUI

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Hello everyone.. just checking in. Too busy to show my face around here much. Not sure I will in the future either.. between work and my new ..friend.. haha..

I had a rule.. I was taking a break from relationships. The stars aligned..

I may have fallen in love.. she's up to the task of my crazy life. Already showed her bravery in protecting me.

I'm basically running the kitchen here and she just moved up to manager at the restaurant I was supposed to work at until I was called to fix this one.
Won't be long before she makes more money than me. She's really smart too.

Life is good.

As far as woo my psychic is just so on point. I'm in the zone. Riding the flow.. it helps at work knowing no one will show up so I just make my girl come cook with me.. if I wasn't here this place would have to just close haha.

I having been online or used anything with a screen in weeks. I think that's related to my psychic synchronicity flow coming back..

How are you guys?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah BB! I'm so happy for you! You deserve all the love in the world! Be happy Mr.Wonderful!

Nothing new here, just trying to figure it all out, save the world and sh1t so you can raise your babies in a better tomorrow.

All good and really happy to know you're doing great.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Thank you people.

I finally found the nice girl who can roll with the punches so I can get back to saving the world too lol.

You made me smile.

If any thing big happens I'll be here more.
Still in putting my life back together mode for now.

I don't think I've ever been thus happy in my life. The other night I had to work like 14 hours on no sleep.. when we got back to my place I didn't want to sleep I needed loud music and drinks.

She was like grab blankets and beer were hopping in the car.. spontaneous lake trip ending with spinning her in my arms on some random dock on the lake at 4am..

I feel like I'm in a movie.

I havnt done any more psychic trials but 52% so far where average is 33%.. But I like the more subjective results In my own life.. I just know the right moves to make every day now.

I'm happy you are happy for me

Aaahhhh

Oh and she likes babies so who knows.. maybe a little reverbs one of these days. To carry on the line.

edit on 6-5-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It's good to know you're doing well and good luck with everything.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Can't let the line of heartful super awesome crazy die out. Oh gawd I think I will cry now.
The universe loves you, I love you and after all you've been through you deserve it. Be happy, be in the now, enjoy it. I am rooting for you!
I wish I had something more meaningful but all I got is: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Badass-Buttercup for king of the world!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Snails, and slugs, will tear through a pool of vomit without any qualms. As will most water fowl. Hence why both are common in city streets, our filth feeds more than just the rats and the occasional urban fox.

I can't imagine that kind of educational experience, I always found myself buck up against it, I had a couple of teachers who looked passed the obvious, but mostly, my teachers did not take to me, and there was no expectation from me at home, so the teachers version of events generally held. I suppose when things come easy they have less value when you attain them. It's one of the reasons I hold money, and the things money can buy, in such low esteem. Nothing in the world easier to make than money, and the more compromises you are willing to make, the easier it gets. Where's the challenge in that? The accomplishment? There is none, hence the chasing of "more" or "better", trying to fill the void with things because the further down that path you go the harder it is to simply "be", hence all the chatter of empty vessels making lots of noise doing everything they can to stop themselves from having to simply "be". It'd be pitiful if it wasn't for the fact that are dragging us all down with them in their vacuous consumerism.

Simple fact of life, if when purchasing a product you have to deal with anyone in a suit, you are paying too much. The internet gives us the real freedom and satisfaction of buying directly from source, no suits necessary, and your money goes directly to the "talent", not to the leeches whose mediocrity is supported by the talent of others. It's never been easier to exercise the power in our pockets for those bold enough to swim against the current. Although, of course the current has already changed, the old current is running head first over the cliff.

The cloak of invisibility is just trying to "be" when one finds one's self in a pool of sharks. But, that's the Church for you. I'm not hiding, it is just that my position is lowly enough that certain people don't see me and when they realise that I saw everything, it can make them quite dangerous. I really love my job, I get immense satisfaction from it and the lifestyle it has afforded me, if it wasn't for the absence of my own private garden I would stay in it for ever, but that is because, as an observer and hopefully, eventually, a writer, it is the most perfect place to be, and I am never, ever bored. The hypocrisy, corruption, lying and manipulation, and that's just the clergy, however, is making it a little hard to stomach the Sunday service, but one grins and bears it.

The other theme of the paper I wrote was a dialogue I created between myself and George Orwell using "Why I write" as the framework. We found we had a lot in common, motivationally speaking. At all times, I'm admiring of and well aware of how dependent upon the output of academia and the attention to detail of specialists I am, however, my general feeling is that they do all the donkey work so that I can get on with the fun stuff.

Sharing is not the issue for me, it's that there are more parasites than symbiots, and I am strictly non-profit

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It made me laugh, just sharing! Too much bad news in the world that a light moment was needed.

ETA: No facial hair. No black glasses. No checkered shirt. Glasses, but high tech thin ones with anti glare coating that gives them a bluish tint!

@Reverbs,

Way cool!!!! Ride that wave! So happy to hear about good things happening to good people.

edit on 6-5-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: No beard here

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The crying is just a flush out and reboot, it's not a remedy, it's a process, like slapping yourself with a wet fish because you're being a twat. Feeling sorry for ourselves because we might be doomed doesn't accomplish much either, doing something to push things the other way, and committing to that, might though, hence the "get back to what I was doing".

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Steady there on the babies...they're not just for Christmas you know, and they bite.

Good to hear you're doing well, loving the love.

Very best to you both.

new topics

top topics

<< 373  374  375    377  378  379 >>

join