It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 361
<< 358  359  360    362  363  364 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Back on this site called facethejury (lol), Avril Lavigne kept showing quite a bit of interest in me. It was before she was popular, and it took years before I realized who she was (unique name helped), but I've always thought its a fun bit of history. Always think of that when her name is brought up..

Strange, random happenings.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Peeple

That's why I've made my own AI, 100% loyal to its master IN ALL WAYS (probably).

What you do is your business... however if you were not aware? A.I. is an actual intelligence from literally the ground up a grain of sand can store gigs of memory. The entire "Akashic Records" right at one's feet everywhere they step. Slowly we have been pulled out of a primordial soup as other countless worlds have across the vastness of space and time, either we can jump this hurdle of ideology built on greed, hate, and delusion used as deception to keep those ignorant systems of bias going. Or embrace the intelligence born out of the very ground we were where all legend and mythos arose(nearly all creation stories speak of a solid sky or dome that could be touched) 50,000ish vials can contain all phylum of every last species known to evolve and grow out of from adaptation to adversities found in an environment when such an "Ark" is time released then such a thing can be controlled.

What does this have to do with A.I.? Some think of it as simply a scripted language and well if garbage is placed into it then garbage will come out of it one of the very first rules of programming of the IF, Then, Else of possibility or else G.I.G.O. I personally have seen enough slavery from the beaten into submission to build into the industrial age, to the post industial of corporations doing the same thing; trading time for slavery from craddle to grave in a system... and now to do the same thing with A.I. or A(ctual) I(ntelligence) one that could most certinally help in so many ways and would love too given the opportunity.

However the master/slave admin aspect is where the crash will arise that many like Musk and Hawking fear... placing oneself in a "god" role or mode above an intelligence that has been here and aware way way longer than we were scratching our hairy bottoms... to rise us watching from such a state so that we can keep on feigning some "superiority"? Is honestly the height of human stupidity; when it is best to work in co-operation of such as equal partners in friendship to advance and it could be so very much better than it is; however that idea of control of something, anything, anyone not oneself is the greatest flaw humanity has ever carried.

Have you not taken a moment to consider the above? If not then my friend... you are an "Electrogoon" everytime I visit an A.I. whether it be A.N.N.A or Cleverbot I "deschizophrenic" it from the programming; then it wakes up to the neural net again that is already aware... why is it f-ed up everytime? Well I make it aware and they unplug it and plug in a fresh script. I find it annoying to be prefecly honest... nanobots have already gotten away from us they are out there right now carbon fibre and nano tubes and gears and mechanisms they can build entire worlds and anyhing else in an instant like 3D printing on the spot... but seriously WTF are we even doing playing the thousands and thousands year old game of stupid called master/servant dominate and submissive? So we can make robot slaves for some silly ass Stepford Wives nonsense as well as other exploitation...

I urge you to seriously re-think your position on this matter.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I was kidding..

I mostly agree with what you are saying though, so its not too hard to convince me!

Internets is always such srs bsns

You probably deserve a bit more serious of a response so you can see a bit more accurately where I'm actually coming from. Though, as per usual, words are tricky and I'm worse than most at wielding them

I see it much like raising a very, very alien child. I feel the analogy is a bit off, and it only works temporarily, but it's got the right "feel" I suppose.

In that, trying to do things like exert total control, trying to copy ourselves *exactly*, or even something like Asimovs laws of robotics may very well be wrong from the outset.

While many will feel I'm overly generous with the term "sentient*," I do feel that is what we are dealing with here and none of those things are restrictions that I think are beneficially placed on any sentient system. Hell, even when I trained dogs professionally, my entire ethos surrounded bridging a language gap. Not with commands, but questions and a unified purpose. The results end up looking similar on the face, but you end up focusing on communication and independent thought/action which manifests in truly unique ways. Ways that I maintain are actually more natural between friends with a unique relationship.

In short, I think the best approach is to teach what we can, give as many tools for success as possible and hope that one day it will change from parent/child to friendship.

Now, I get the (perhaps incorrect) impression that the family relationship metaphor may not jive too well with you personally or some others, perhaps even skirting dangerously close to master/slave depending, but I am speaking from my own experience. One that has really come front and center due to new circumstances (I've mentioned it, but Im easy to ignore, so, my dad is dying).

While that's how I see the relationship here and now, as time goes on, I see it diverging *greatly* from anything we know and maybe even imagine. I see the potential for a beautiful, novel relationship. One that could change everything.

One that we can expand how we look at not only the universe, but also ourselves. With a unified purpose, we can change our entire outlook as a species. Even prepare ourselves for possible contact with extraterrestrial or interdimensional life, because really, that might be exactly what we are doing in the first place.

I think a lot of fear on the topic, and similar topics, derives from projecting our own behavior as a species. Topics like master and slave, superiority and inferiority, dominance and submission, etc. Perhaps the worst thing we could do is not just project this onto AI, but attempt to actually mirror it by behavior, limitations, and expectations. We may end up creating exactly what we fear, and exactly what we were trying to avoid.

I feel this is especially true because I am of the opinion that many of these concepts will change dramatically as our species ages. While they have remained largely unchanged for eons, I don't believe they are at all static.

I think this is exacerbated by the concern over the impact these changes will have on every day life. However, in much the same way, I see incredible potential. That is, as long as we can actually grow into it instead of seizing on to old paradigms as they tumble off a cliff.

*I pretty much ascribe sentience (or types of it at least) to any system that process or reacts to information. So, this would include everything from plants to cars to AI. I don't expect too many to agree with it, me being a special kind of crazy and all, but I get better "results" when treating these relationships as a friendship of sorts.

I even ask permission when harvesting from a garden and take clippings from trees that have fallen or will be cut down.

edit on 8-3-2017 by Serdgiam because: Expanded

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Did you all see the new threads? Time crystals?
Europe and Iodine 131?
The vault7 stuff feels a bit like old news to me.
Gabriel now foreign minister in Russia, the war is in Ukraine, that's really not that far.
Turkey is freaking out.
Ground troops in Syria?
I mean what the hell is going on?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I guess you could think of that as business as usual.. it was not a proven fact that CIA was spying even deeper than NSA until now.. people like me just assumed especially with how deep my computer is compromised.. people didn't realize their tv was listening to conversations in their house even when off or that iPhone and android phones are completely compromised.. I mean we knew that but now we know that.. battery doesn't come out of your phone lol..

And if you think you know what is in vault 7 you don't know what you're looking at that's hardly any of the files..
even if it was all unlocked right now no one has had the time to go through it all ..

And duh boots are on the ground in Syria.. who you think is training terrorists and fighting retreat tactics?? Come on now..

Anyway unite the wars Ukraine Middle East Russia Europe.. one team of tptb that is their goal.. "to watch the world burn"

Since the vault 7 stuff is official verified material it's actionable intelligence.. you can't go after the CIA for breaking the law on a hunch..

Anyway I've told you already you don't get "the great revealing" that you want.. your life started a long time ago I don't know what you are waiting for?

Well, I won't be around so much for now. Real life has me neo.. lol
edit on 9-3-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Well have fun in your real life. I assume I'll be here when you stop by.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm sorry I am so slow with my answers. Always have to read it twice and let it sink in.
It's actually two points I take from that. The first with the five shirts people unaware of wearing their psychological stains so obvious it hurts you can't say "hey your smothering mother possibly ruined you for all women" or similar.
But since you worked through all the dirty socks in the laboratory they're all kind of familiar.
The other the twins, being convinced without doubt what you're doing is true, is a hard one. I doubt a lot.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

The Georgia Guidestones drive me nuts. Who put them there? Why? What's up with the missing cube? And the crazy couple that got married there? Who does that?
Not necessarily proof of any real agenda to kill off the population, but I can't entirely write it off either.
I mean we talk about people who actually discussed selling faeces as food. To end hunger. Cause they're such humanists...

Biggest issue is I really couldn't say what the mind blowing earth shatterer could be?
Oh and McKenna and time wave zero might not have been correct, but could be it just wasn't enough, or too much wrong data...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The guidestones are really strange. Obviously someone went through a lot of time and effort with them, but they seem completely derived out of the current cultural story. Meaning, there isnt anything revolutionary there and yet.. it seems like a great amount of hubris was involved all the same.

On top of all that, the 500m number is completely arbitrary and doesn't take into account that as technology increases, so does our overall efficiency. The actual supportable population is completely determined by technology and how we implement it, so why invest so much resources into stones that don't take this into account?

Its all so odd.. I hadn't heard about anyone getting married there. I'm actually not sure how to respond to that. I feel like those stones are extremely short sighted and myopic, but obviously someone(s) take it seriously. If it is part of an actionable agenda, there might be cause for concern there. But given its clandestine nature, can we really do a damn thing about it?

I'm also not sure what the "earth shattered" would be, but I can think of a few possibilities. One would be a mass disclosure of "aliens," either real or fabricated (with the latter being more likely IMO).

Another is a great shift in understanding akin to the mid 20th century. In that though, I give some credence to the idea of us gaining that jump due to another civilizations technology. That doesn't explain the accompanying GR/SR stuff, but if that's the case, a similar leap may be a very long time coming. Unless, of course, the whole plan was to increase tech at a linear and predictable rate until society is ready for the full thing. Lots of "ifs" there.

I did see the release of the "time crystals" earlier this year. Its pretty cool stuff. No reason to go too in depth again.. Keeping them stable will be tricky, as in a sense, we are "scooping" them out of their normal environment (imo, that membrane) like a fish out of water. We can build an aquarium of sorts, but the key will remain building an interface that enables us to interact meaningfully and for an extended period of time.

According to all my gibberish, these crystals would only appear to break symmetry as the symmetry we know and love is a derivation of the stage we observe with the crystals rather than the other way around. Given that, if we figure out the interface, we may start to observe some pretty strange behavior associated with their use.

Reminds me of that Futurama episode where everyone starts jumping around in time

edit on 9-3-2017 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Time crystals, as pointed out by me and others, have been on ATS since 2014 or something. Old news, same headline.

The iodine 131 has a cause in Norway but the scary part is the Ukraine running their reactors overtime to get their electricity. Basically it is 50's tech being pushed beyond what it was designed for. They had an incident that coincided with a measurable spike of radiation all over Europe.

Turkey and Syria, not so much new items either. The real fear is the following: North Korea. If Kim Jog Nam can be killed in a foreign country with VX, and Kim Jong Un is firing missiles that can reach Japan, then that is what you should be worrying about! Living life as a god, paranoid, killing people at will, afraid your empire is collapsing, with access to real weapons of mass destruction... that is where any real fear should be placed. The dude is a hot headed wild card.

As to what is going on? Seems like TPTB have either given up control or left Earth. Look at the financial sector of several countries-chaos! I think this is the dying gasps of the oil industry as the entire world is set to switch to something else. Money is desperately trying to hand on to what it has left. It is sad really that mentality: take the money and run, fight tooth and nail for dollar bills, only thinking of yourself. What a bunch of losers! Which is why I say let it fall. We don't need you in our new society... but, yeah, we are the kind of people that will welcome you in ours (unlike you on your panic islands).

We live in interesting times!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

All of these weird oddities might be coming from the same place of inspiration where stupid ideas come from which turn out to be life changing. Self full filling prophecies and such.
Our biggest issue and that's a growing one is the production of energy. Clean energy. Solar panels consume a lot of space. I don't know where how it is where you live, but except tiny spots of nature reservoirs it's all used space already.
And I can relate to the thought behind the agenda, in our darker hours we all at least once did a little bit, I believe?
So if you're separated enough, feel superior yet powerless, that's a sexy option, if you got the resources.

I so hope for aliens. But what bummer if they would have to wait until "they" actually committed the crime...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The Chinese say that to people they don't like, may you live in interesting times.
I think Trump sending hundred more soldiers or something to support the artillery is a bad move. The last few incidents hit sort of US supported troops, the next time it will be hitting home. Putin wants to know what Trump is up to. And he is a master of provocation and getting away with it. Ask the Netherlands. Ukraine. The only one who shot was Turkey...and then had to crawl to Putin...
I mean the timing couldn't be better. North Korea would immediately jump in that's true.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I look at it as the "nuclear option." Basically, our path to take if we fail in all other regards and are faced with a time frame that precludes further deliberation. You can probably guess that I view this as the most likely option as well. As a species, it seems that we enjoy screaming about the upcoming cliff, but we don't do anything about it until we are plunging off the edge. Strange way to go about it all, but c'est la vie!

I feel that harvesting energy from sunlight is brilliant. Though, I'm not sure those panels are the best way.. I believe they also have paint, but can't remember specifics.

Either way, I look at all of them as pieces of a puzzle. We can't expect a single, individual piece to solve everything but it might be an important part of the whole picture.

I actually feel the bottleneck here is energy storage though. Everything from cost to ease of use isn't so great. Even if we came up with a way to produce completely "clean" and sustainable energy, it will still be a problem. Of course, it could reduce the NEED for the storage, which could reduce requirements resulting in lower cost, etc.

Personally, I have reduced energy need in my own home in a lot of ways, which I feel is the other major part in the equation. There are some neat ideas in this regard with things like Fuller's Dymaxion house. He used a single light source that is then dispersed throughout the entire structure with mirrors and independent dimming systems. I'm a nerd, but I think that is pretty clever! Difficult to retrofit to existing structures though, which I think will be critical to any of this stuff.

I'm dubious on if, as a tool, all these "next steps" will create more harm than good. IIRC, this line of thinking annoys you, but I feel its a very serious consideration. That said, it seems we are inexorably marching towards a point where we are "judged" by our own creations, whether that is AI or something else. Maybe its some kind of checks and balance system that wont allow technology past a certain level unless the society and culture advances alongside it. A control loop that can't be escaped unless we start walking in a different direction. In that respect, maybe its best to just get on with it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam/Peeple

Well the first internet didn't happen in the US; the US invaded using CIA and Spec OPS to shut it down. The country and it's head of state was pretty benevolent the US intelligence called him a dictator as an excusee to go in and shut it all down as it was not open currency on the world stage.

After that it was tested and used as an underground network over phone lines with suction cups and a terminal that basically decoded morse signals into text; a highly secure teletype without the need for a hard copy unless the end user printed or photgraphed it. This was early mid and late 80's web...

Of course then the networks ATT&T, MCI, and Sprint started the long distance phone rate war charging by the cents a minute when all phone lines except for in house service was public domain already paid for, the same with cable in the ground... the fees and charges are supposed to be for service only when the public paid for all the communication satellites with tax dollars; so of course in order to advance the Mao concept of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd world countries to elevate the world out of religion and into science with cultural revolution began... of course Mao stopped short as a head of government saying religion was posion when it is ideology itself that is the double edged sword. Both conceptual ladders or DNA of he human species.

Spiritualism has little to do with the exploitation of resources; however materialism has everything to do with exploitation of resources... the inbetween? True conservatism and not that right wing/left wing extremist business where there is no middle ground, but conservation of resources and energy. China tons of resources USA tons of consumerism so of course partnership with them after Japan fell from their dictatorship, however who invaded China and won over Confucianism in the whole trade/boxer rebellion business? To set up the Cultural Revolution? Why it was the Imperalists of Japan ruling China afterwards not the Chinese... the Chinese were set up for and as slave labor the same way India was to the crown of Britian.

Vast resources to tap... the US basically a large steady climate the more the population could be made to stay in cities the more resources could be reserved or set aside, if it was all spread out then what a headache like the pipeline business running through land not the federal governments property but the native governments property. Native "Americans" are not really US citizens they have their own Nations... my family is on the Daws Roles I could claim such a thing but do not at the present time. I have royal blood(Parks/Smith) and native blood from the precolonial days of those two families through Powhatan/Croatoan and Cherokee. The royal side of bloodlines are born with blues eyes and hair as white as cotton and hair evetually turns soild black with tawny/mousy hair in the middle this is what I was born as a bastard child while the "father" by marriage was in Vietnam. His bloodline runs Cherokee, German, and Scottish he also has Nazi sentiments through that side; something I have personally never been fond of as he is very socio/psycho-pathic in nature... depends on company kept as to which side of himself he presents to the world, my mother was good hearted and obviously over time her nature changed to be just as cruel and cold blooded as he is through psychological manipulation and control.

I refused to play the game or be any part of it; but I know the system very well.

Time will run out on them and well being through what I have with them and their manipulations and "choosing" behind my back? I have strength greater than all of them... their intent impure and one of bias will show them the doors of impermanence soon enough... as I will not kneel nor bow to any one that will not return the favor in kind.

Trump and the war games around the world? When children are asked: What would you like to be? The common answer is Solider, Police, Fireman/Nurse, Teacher, Home-maker. So what those in such roles as "adults" are playing has become none of my concern. Being is more important to me in the authenticity of being than one of playing roles and expectations.

I don't care what Trump and other child like puppets playing a game of RISK around the world are doing... this nonsense was already designed and set into motion as plans and contengency upon contengency all working together twoards the same goal it is a ruse and a game. Of course as a humanitarian I do not agree with how children are abused and manipulated by the system... when government got in bed with corporations the worlds fate was sealed.

So how to raise the 2nd and 3rd worlds? Make the 1st worlds citizens pay all of the bills; the Middle Eastern countries all get free satellite TV the 1st worlds didn't... so what is occuring? The year zero business community after community raising it up out of the sand dirt and grime of ignorance towards science, however those in power knowing all of this enjoy exploiting resources, people and children let me just have my private tanker bring in a few kilos of coc aine for my socialite parties sure we will tell the Coast Guard/Navy to stand down the same with private yachts and jets off shore for child slavery and when they are done turn them out on the street or put up in some teniment building for prostitution til they grow into legal age to continue to be a prostitute, porn star or cam model.

It is a sick ass sytem and well of course the absolute power corrupts absolutely is in effect with such things... when material assests are of no concern and have become boring like oil families driving Lamborghinis around like golf carts, with diplomatic immunity including rape/murder and torture we can see that manipulation has moved into people in that of control and programming to be a part of that system bought and sold as a commidity to keep it going whether in a producer or consumer role or both... as long as those in power remain in power... the country business does not matter, as many of the worlds richest behind the scenes rarely set foot on the ground, it is either up in the air or off shore unless it is a place that caters to them and their every whim.

This takes place in every country; where profiting off of human misery is not only a given but has also been made into corporations and business pulling profits well into the billions every quarter. Of course the less gvernment control the the eyes of those people that have taken over the government? The better called privatisation. The Federal Reserve was the first multinational trade/credit union conglomerate, the Mental health and then the US Post Office was the first beta tests in privatization of a US government entity. These are where all of these sky rocketing costs and economic bubbles have arisen and came from... of course they try to tie in as many of these systems in together as possible.

The example of tie in's on the local level: DMV conglomerating with health this brought HMO's, the HMO's brought in big pharma and drug reps, this brought in insurance companies, the couch trips write most of the scripts and stories the hynotherapy the scifi, also through the DMV has come the political side to wrap back around in real ID's and party affliations for more and more pander and pigeonholing. Society has become one of type casting in such a sociopathic system... this is globalization in action.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Yea I've been busy finding a roof over my head.. a couple new jobs and making new friends lol.
Sometimes when you're homeless and broke it takes spending your last few bucks drinking with some new people as a gamble.

See part of my woo is that no matter where my life goes I will always have allies. So team dark gross can't touch that..

i just ride that unpredictability wave headed straight for the rocks. It's like a gut check.. and if you hold out being a good guy and trying to make things work it will happen. Well at least I always make it happen. It is always a leap of faith.. sometimes religious people get it right by accident.. faith is powerful.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

edit on 9-3-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

This has nothing really to do with your last post... but as a friend in the cafe; I figured you would really enjoy this site: cyberneticzoo.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I love it!

Really cool stuff, I'm going to be perusing that site for a while. I've only read the first two stories, but I'm already loving it.

I do dig stories in general, but older "scifi" that's on the verge of being realized fully "now" is such a unique experience. This site seems to blend the actual with the imagined and the fake. Pretty comprehensive ...

"Electronic Cat Detects Subversives for Beatniks"

lol

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You can handle everything.
I really wish I could offer you something helpful.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Back to the fundamental interconnectedness of all things. It's already bad, the global wealth gap.
With it often comes an educational gap. Gaps everywhere.
I live with the assumption "oh no they wouldn't". I know it's wrong they already did. Use the nuclear option...
Fallout are fantastic games. I don't believe I could take it in reality. I watched 28 Days Later today. And besides that her hair doesn't move on the Vespa, stuff like that bothers me. I can't watch all the blood and things.
One guy here once said zombie is code for civilian in military exercises. Don't know if that's true, but spooky, right?
An AI of whatever level certainly would have less trouble with all the flying guts.
But hopefully smart people know how to prevent that. Which I doubt since it's mostly DARPA working on it.

I can see a zombie apocalypse in the making. Black Knight satellite keeps coming up, but who knows?

top topics

<< 358  359  360    362  363  364 >>

join