It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yes...masterful.

I love Bohm. He was 10x anything that I'll ever be.

I had that exact reference in my mind....but slogged through all my words painfully...to ensure I could maximize my participation.

Other than the 'actual dangerous secrets', I'm nearly done posting here.

This stuff isn't 'hard' per se; Just obscure and easy to get on a delusional track.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

maybe "she who must be obeyed" thinks your life needs some spicing up?

Definitely... my life was pretty "spicy" ... correction, rather my experience was 'a seething mass of fiery capsaicin poured into my open soul sores on an out-of-control roller coaster' not so long ago, but has mellowed to an almost intolerable routine that most folks seem to like... but I do NOT... so sure.

Hopefully I can find an acceptable balance between my inclination for extremes.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Heh, exactly my own wishy washy thoughts. But it is odd that the strange seems to have picked up lately.. .though today seems more regular, so far.

'She who must be obeyed' has been a major infatuation with me, but so far, we haven't been properly introduced... only had a frantic tussle in the bathroom at the nightclub, so-to-speak.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

She's my lover...

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'd like to know more about the black sludge... from an external perspective, that is, as I am lactose intolerant, have had mild 'tummy' issues my whole life and am definitely prone to maudlin moroseness... where would one get more perspective on this black thing... you have named it, and perhaps talked around it, but any useful specifics from your experience (that you care to broach)?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Sorry to have wham-bammed your lover, there! She's a wanton one...

But don't pull the "done here" bit, please... when you have achieved your personal goals, don't be a stranger! Occasional fat chewin' is an underrated past-time.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
All this black sludge talk sounds a like Don Miguel Ruiz's thoughts on "domestication" and the agreements we've made about how things are.

*shrug*

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Rax first... wow... doesn't surprise me that you saw that in general, as I know things are pretty "messed up" and odd down here, but that would make me think I've been playing too many video games (as they use that hex-mesh a lot). But then, I don't trust half the stuff I "see" (or glimpse, more correctly) as it cannot possibly be "real." I completely "believe" that you saw it, though, and that you are not "crazy!"

Okasy, now KPB... I am a total novice, and though I've read more than the average bear, I haven't done the same legwork you have, so please contextualize Calabi-Yau manifold?

I know I've pestered you to no end and have flung questions willy-nilly... alas, I have questions and no mystik Google to get actual answers.. .apologies you have to bother, I know how boring it is to relate the same info to folks too lazy to find it themselves.. .but point to a good source of info, if you could? Pretty please?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Thank you very much Kev, i am going to be making time to read up on that, never heard of those terms before this thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Hey Dog,ya the 1st time i saw it i Did think it's propably my imagination but i then noticed it quite a few times again. I never ever play pc games or any types of PS /xbox games. Not dissing gamers it's just not my thing.My way of relaxing is to make art. I used to watch my son play GTA V sometimes last year, but then his disc broke.Bought him another one for xmas but there's glitches lately, lots of freezing+ Rockstar seems to have pretty much washed their hands off V.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Heh, well I've been a gamer (in all respects... not just video- was a ranked Chess guy when wee) since computer games were invented.. .bros were big wigs at Bell Labs and TI at the dawn of computing and I got to sample all the primitive games the coders were making in the 70's onward... so it's in my blood and a multi level simulation is sometimes a useful model for reality.. .and now physics are concurring with the "simulation" aspects of this place we inhabit.

The "hex-mesh" overlays the screen in Halo, for example, and then there's the old paper games that kids used to draw maps on hexagon paper... but it has no relevance... just noting it and it's just maths... hexes are fine, more precise grid overlays.

But why our reality would have a tool like a grid overlay raises some interesting musings...like who or what is using the hex as a placeholder?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Eventually....

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"Calabi-Yao manifold" is a quantum physics 'thing' that has to do with 'super-string' theory and extra dimensions that are sort of 'folded up' into the three (physical) dimensions we are familiar with...

...I learned that (among other things) from my favorite physicist-author, Dr. Brian Greene.

I'm sure if you google it, you can find a good explanation in laymen's terms...

...Yes, I'm probably the only suburban house-wife/soccer mom in the U.S. who reads physics for fun

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Welcome BASSPLYR... agreed.

As someone who has had a series of 'dark nights of the soul' and is generally a depressive, all I can do is practically point to suicides who seem to end up stuck in the same situation they were attempting to avoid, as "ghosts," yet are then powerless to change as a non-physical, and so might well become unchanging points of pain ... way more hellish than simply enduring and changing what may be changed when physical.

No kidding.. .this world can suck deeper than most even suspect and I seem to spend most of my time talking smart, sensitive folks (and some dumb, mean lumps, too!) outta suicide ... we are all slowly expiring anyway, so why rush an inevitable process... unless avoiding disease and an excessively painful death, that is.. .hard to argue against assisted suicide in specific instances. But it isn't outta the question that we're "supposed" to endure that, too.

eta: wanted to add, that house I rented where the previous tenant had committed suicide.. .one interpretation of the broken cross is someone finding themselves still "alive" and there in the house, and they had come from a religious background, and maybe that outburst against the cross wasn't some evil spirit condemning a holy icon, but a frustrated essence caught in between and telling me that religions are bunk... and that what he expected never panned out... who knows.

One of the best threads on ATS - thank you!

Just wanted to add - the great love of my life killed himself a few years ago. . we had several post-mortem chats where I asked him the obvious question, WHY? He said that he had been in pain . . .made sense.

There was often a glow, sometimes an orb, that flitted around his photo in my bedroom at night for some months; then, in dream state he came to say goodbye; said he "had to be leaving now". I have no idea where/when he went. . .but it left a sense of peace, tranquility and acceptance in me.

FWIW, there is survival of the consciousness, in its personal form, for at least a few years after "death". Whether this is followed by reincarnation, as I was taught, or by slipping into the great void, I do not know. I can not prove my experiences; I believe it is personal & individual, as (I think) John Keel said.

We can't live one another's subjectivity, as long as we believe we are separate beings.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

She's a frisky one alright.

But I'm not sure how far it is wise to take this chat.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
heh, add one more poignant/obscure bit of info (or reference) I'll attempt to Google later to gain perspective (the Ruiz you mention doesn't ring my bell at this time) ... what is that now... 64 bits to study later? Another big homework assignment to add to my unmanageable regular workload...

I need some temp clones to do the reading and then re-absorb ...there simply isn't enough time to properly sample the amazing constituent parts of this multiverse... barring other extrusions into this mess as different lifeforms/lifetimes, that is.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Ah, thanks... and that got the old memory ooze oozing.. .love me Brian, too.

Somehow I think you're underselling yourself as a soccer mom... I've known quite a few and you are most certainly not one... I WISH they were all more like you.. .heck, I wish EVERYONE were more "like" you!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It's a fundamental shape somewhere near the plank distance. I'm not sure if its the actual Calabi-Yau shape of our m-theory 11d string theory variant) space time shape of dimensions....or possibly a precursor or antecedent structure.

Btw....I first saw the shape around 2013 too...and I've never played a game which uses that overlay...

Super super synchronicity on the year 2013.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Well, I agree to an extent, but I also think that it's important not to 'devalue' words...

I mean, some of the most beautiful 'artworks' (i.e. poetry and prose) to come out of mankind are beautiful 'because of' the many words used within them.

And actually, one could even make the case that part of the 'de'volution of humanity (the 'dumbing down of us) is our insistence on using as few words as possible, not just in communicating, but even in our more currant literary works.

- for example, look at the works of Shakespeare and Jane Austen:

Because of the large word count and intricacy of the language, these are seen today as works of such 'high' literature that the general public doesn't even consider reading them to be 'entertaining' and would only do so as a requirement in school...

...and yet, back in the day when they were written, the general public (the 'common people') found them just as enjoyable as anyone of higher intellect might do.

(Sorry to pontificate, but just as "The Lorax" speaks for the trees, I feel compelled to speak for the 'beauty' of words
)

I agree with you - words are like notes in an orchestral piece; thinly orchestrated equals tinny & weak. There are very few word smiths who can parse down their language to direct, succint arrows that pierce the barrier between reader & writer. Reading is fast becoming a lost art, as everything is made shorter, more brutal; less an expression of high art & more of a factual report.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Roger that, kev... I am nothing if not impatient, but will relax and look forward to that day.. .or not...as I feel an ominous something licking a slavering maw... perhaps the same something I sensed waiting for me to sample a certain dimethyltriptomine substance I was considering before chickening out... but I digress... and digress...

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join