It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Well the Staypuft Marshmallow Man will never hurt you.

Not kidding aside....

Some stuff we bring on ourselves....some stuff is a temporary microenvironment change or 'passing storm'...or might be selection bias / paredolia.

Maybe it's "she who must be obeyed" wants to play.....(with one of my friends)

Or maybe one of your inner voices (not mpd or schizo) wants to chat.

Can't really say.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Well I still think that Black Sludge Monster is related to Clinical Depression. I also suspect something akin to lactose intolerance or IBS. But i don't claim to be Edgar Cayce either. That kind Of stuff takes practice and I want to vaporize/rest a few quadrillion years not force more tours of duty. I want a siesta.

You are right....it's not either Or....and that was my point too.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I love it too, I'm entranced by it. There's just so much meaning packed into it, and so much truth.

Have you ever read "Encounters with Star People" ?

In it, at times at least, little orbs/glowing beings fly around in swarms and then "materialize" into a "seemingly solid form", say a "Star" "ship".

Does anything from your lore appear to be able to duplicate that sort of "magic"?

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Yes the radio/tv thing has got me a few times although what i always found extremely synchronous was when driving in the car and switching off a cassette (lol showing my age there) only to find the radio station was playing the same song and it carried on without missing a beat. (It hasn't happened with a CD that i remember - but used to spend a lot more time driving about as a young un - can't beat a drive up through Glencoe or further north and west - in fact I'm heading that way again for my annual 'soul' cleanse in the Highlands
in a couple of month.)

The toilet - always been one of my favourite 'thinking' places too.

The Fall - The Albert Camus one i presume

Fae creatures(mainly replaced by aliens now) - the shared stories/myths/visions around the globe do certainly point to truths of some sort.

She who must be obeyed - Still waiting to find/meet - Mother Earth,Gaia, nature, fertility ? if so then it would seem natural to serve/help/tether to her.

Yes words can be fascinating and certainly have a power of their own - or do we just allow them to have power over us?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
A thought experiment:

Do you believe in "chakras" - are they real or misunderstood old BS?

If you believe in "chakras", are they part of the human, or do they "belong to themselves" ?

If they belong to the human, could say a stomach chakra of one human bond with the stomach chakra of another human?
More than one human? What if there was only ONE "stomach chakra" and every human shared part of it? Could that work?
would that make sense? Have you ever seen any sympathetic evidence of something like that?

If "they" don't belong to the human.. could they be 'symbiotic' to the human.. would there be anything wrong with that?
Could such "symbiotes" all be part of one "master critter"? Or maybe swarm together sometimes?

If there was a perverse critter who was connected to a human chakra or "micro environment" which chakra or "micro environment" do you think it would be?

If say 10 people shared a "chakra" which was tied into their unconscious mind.. would any of the 10 people want that "chakra" captured and extracted and put into a test tube and re-written to be one specific way by science?

Do you think that these 10 people in question would resist their "chakra" being "caputred" and "figured out", especially if it were part of their unconscious mind?

If that happened, would that be soul rape?

Does a "woman" want to be picked apart in a test tube, or "loved"? Does a man?
What would the behavior of such a "stalked" "woman" or "man" be like?
Would they let you capture and control them?
Or would they try and control you, or keep you off balance at least, so that you can't "capture and control them"?

Just random questions with no ulterior motive whatsoever.

Kev
edit on 3-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

"The Fall: The Evidence for a Golden Age, 6,000 Years of Insanity, and the Dawning of a New Era
Book by Steve Taylor"

"She who must be obeyed" - a more accurate name for the modern "trickster"; no actual connection to theories of "Gaia" at all.

Words - mental constructs which interfere with our instincts and senses, as we 'see' what we think should be there, and have "opinions" rather than more direct feelings, some of which are associated with the autonomic and visceral nervous systems and other interesting organelles, which *might* have interesting sensory inputs all of their own - if we learned to listen to them.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Thanks for the correction on author - the one by Camus looks quite interesting too .

link to camus 'The fall'

Your shared chakra's reminded me of some physicist (don't recall which one) but he theorised that potentially there is only 1 electron that is shared across the universe.

I don't know enough about chakra's to believe in them or not BUT they do seem a major part of eastern teachings going back millennia so I guess I am at least predisposed to believe in them - i have never managed much more than a glance at that whole tradition though - to be honest I glance at most things, never knowing where to turn next, always wondering what's over the next hill rather than stopping to take in what's here now (often enough)

Although the simple pleasure of just observing the natural world at work/play can be truly magical be that just in my garden, a park or out in the countryside and can entertain me for hours.

The beauty of nature always make me wonder why can i appreciate this beauty?

What is the purpose for our species of appreciating beauty in nature, music and art ? From a scientific/evolution view point of view i see none but from a 'spiritual' viewpoint it could just be another source of 'energy' for the 'soul' perhaps.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Well my kundalini has not been raised for now. So I am very limited here and have little real experiences.

chakras "exists", for me. when in meditation for a while, I can feel them along the spine and in the head or throat. Clear as day.

They can be focused on and different things can occur, like visions and release of feelings (for me for now), etc...depending on which you focus on. They can also be manipulated with feelings and correct awareness, it seems.

But they are not part of the human body or physical world it seems. But can have an effect on it. Everything is made out of prana/life force after all. So in theory almost everything could be possible.

I think they are our real body and with cleansing various energies we get forward with knowing ourself or healing, etc... We can clean this on mental level with thoughts, feelings and correct focus. IMO.

For me this is evident that old systems have gotten at least something right. In what way they are working and connected to other people is still a mystery for me currently. But it seems to me that we are like a big real time mandala with various "portals" or as you say micro environments. And from bottom to the top is like going from hell to heaven and "even above" (the void) at the last step at the top of the head.

Are they shared between all humans and even other beings. Yes, I think they are. But I cannot comprehend right know how that works. Don't have enough real experiences. Maybe like a BIG virtual micro environment and in them are small micro environments of us all. Each main chakras has its own main environment and in there we have our own local environment which is connected with all of them in one chakra. If that makes sense. I dunno how much or if anything of this is true : )

Connections are always unconsciously made when we are interacting with each other, even now, were we are just reading each other thoughts/posts.

I think a lot people would resist if they knew. you make it sound like a weird alien abduction, how can that be good : )
But if one is only helping them in a way people cannot comprehend or even experiance consciously than I think this is not a problem. It is a matter of intent in my opinion. I think advanced energy healers are doing something akin to what you are describing?

Also during OBE a few times (two times for now) I saw black spiders in my room. I have been ignoring them and they do not bother me at all, it seems. Is that ok or should these things be resolved somehow? Are they attached to some emotional energy I am releasing?

are auras and chakras the same thing or is there a different level or type of energy? i think they are the same. Auras were just adopted from chakra system?
edit on 1454501075204February042042916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I think i misunderstood you- i got the impression that you had little patience for folks who don't have it all figured out. By that i mean their own understanding/ interpretation of the nature of reality, life and the " afterlife"

As for myself, i have not had the mystical experiences and glimpses into the " set-up" of the big machine" that you have had through your self- discipline and determination in meditations.You seem to have spent an enormous part of your life to find Your truth- and thus you richly deserve the knowledge you gleaned. "Hard labour" Should be rewarded. I did'nt mean to come across as sour-grapesy,btw, as in " lucky old Kev,poor rest of us"

I can tell from reading your posts, how much "head down hiney up" hard labour you,'ve done mentally and spiritually.

As for "golden standard " i would rather find my own,and you know i don' t mean any disrespect. The life circumstances i had in this incarnation, including personal choices like having children etc have not been conducive to delving as deep as you have, which is why i often feel i'm stumbling around in the dark, i guess. That basic feeling of alone- ness has always been with me though, since i was just a wee kiddie.

Not only do i feel apart from the human race (not in a superior " better than them" way, but in a sucks- very- badly very lonesome isolated +alone way) i even feel this way in the loving embraces of my very nearest and dearest.

Idk how to overcome that essential soulcore- deep sense of alone- ness.Or if it is something that Should be overcome, in the first place?
edit on 3-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I don't believe in "chakras" either.

But I've spent my life "perceiving things that are similar but different".

Yup - we are wired for beauty.

That "wired for beauty" is actually the "key" to the "highest manifestations" of "spiritual stuff".

I really hate the word "spiritual too" surprisingly enough.

It has such terrible baggage.

The percent of "spiritual stuff" which is actually "true" is vanishingy small... it's just misunderstood physics and psychology.

And I've spent years finding that "small bit".

It's not a task for the timid.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

My wife and I are hermits.. who have found each other.

I PERSONALLY would give a billion universes to pay for these few precious years with her before I pass on.

But I don't live "personally".

People like you and I and the others (for the most part) in this thread are more similar than dissimilar.

I really understand your situation.

Yes, I have been as you charmingly say "head down, bottom up" my ENTIRE life, just slowing down now
at this late point -- allowing myself a bit of happiness with my wife and puppy dogs.

That's why I can't turn "this stuff" into a job.

But my sense of "right / wrong / fair play" wishes to thank "the Universe" for allowing me some happiness at the very end.. so I want to share my research results.

I too have barely scratched the surface.. I've been 99% excluded from the company of others like myself.

I watch others surrounded by thousands, tends of thousands, millions of "their cronies".. and here I am,
with less than 6 people I'm getting to know.. (other than the ones I broke away from in the past).

It's enough.

(I'm one of youse guys cronies too.. it's not about ME)

Your brain is wired differently.

Your experiences have "primed you" differently.

Same as "us".

I hope you find more happiness in your life.... maybe scratch a few oddball itches.

Enjoy this little oddball family .. no idea how long it will last. so enjoy it while its here.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

I want people to have the OPTION of thinking "differently" BUT productively.

We humans are stuck in a rut with our black sludge monster that we created together, and our "mothers" and "fathers" who we created too.. with the sand on the beach around us. And the sand on the beach around us has formed us.

Personally I disagree with 90% of the details of your post.. it's that same old wrong crap.. and "Kundalini IS NOT what people say it is"

But I know that you need words to speak with..just like I used "chakra" to make my post more relatable.

So I understand that the gist of your post is not "wrong", just 'watered down" and that's ok.. the words I use are "watered down" too.. as words are so limited.

People refuse to deal with the monsters they have created, and it's those monsters who will help destroy them..

In this 'spiritual business' anything that you don't learn to love - destroys you.

If we REALLY ARE connected by a multi-tentacular beast that we have created together, and that helped create us -- co-evolution -- then I can't think of a more critical thing to deal with than that.

Then.. someday the UFOs and cryptoids and "myths" will have gone away.. and we will join the "old species" beyond the rim.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The "Universe" experiences beauty THROUGH us.

We are beauty detectors.

When we become "master beauty detectors", then we are considered "enlightened", though it's the "Universe" which is the beneficiary.

But we get to enjoy the scraps falling from the table with the other puppies, if we are careful/smart/lucky.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

That was so beautifully said, Kev,and yes i do love my little oddball family here. It' s such a treat, even when i don't have anything to say- just to read and know you guys exist, does give me a warm feeling round the heart, a comfort.

I am very happy for you+ your wife's happiness,too,may it last long. Btw you know about happiness in general- i think more "normal" folks with more normal lives- those who have had it far easier,at least mentally/spiritually/emotionally and or metaphysically speaking, often tend to take happiness for granted.

But i have often had that moment, which writer Dean Koontz refers to as " the still point of the turning world" - where i realise fully and completely - NOW, right Now and here, i am HAPPY. And i relish that precious moment. And it motivates me to be more aware as i go through my day, to be able to recognise that " still point" Usually it happens spontaneously, but i' m trying to get to a point where i deliberately Find moments to cherish.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
black spiders - i have heard of chronic alcoholics who can see the same - again shared experience but not recommending that as a way forward.

NOW - the way you capitalised it reminded me of a time, a few years back now, when i was just drifting off to sleep when i suddenly heard (or actually received may be a better word as it seemed to be coming from inside rather than out) the word - NOW.

I think maybe i have just understood the message (or the first layer at least) - now is all there is or can be.

To live in the 'past' is to live in the 'now' that was and to live for the future is just the 'now' to be - the reason time exists is purely to separate these 'now's' perhaps so we(or should that be the universe) can have the 'time' to experience everything piece by piece.

Or maybe now is all we have so enjoy/appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Those moments are everywhere.

Puppies and kitties are born playful.

Humans too.

But we choose to stop being playful.

*shakes head*

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Anything other now risks perceptual clutter.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Anyone aware of the meaning of the "honeycomb",the hexagon shape? Because in the winter of 2013,it was horribly oppressive around here,the husband felt it too. I used to love being outside at night,but for that winter,it was like there was this regular cloudcover,and such an oppressive feeling when being outside. I saw sometimes,very faintly,what looked like a fine mesh in honeycomb/hexagonal pattern covering the sky.
I feel free to share it on this thread,that's not something i'm going to be mentioning very much elsewhere

I know it sounds stupid,but there you have it.

Thing is,around 2011/2012 i would sometimes get this honeycomb structure pop into the forefront of my mind,when i closed my eyes. But the night sky was glorious back then,especially in winter,and then came 2013,hands down worst year of my life in general,but the sky was different too. I've often wondered what was this very fine "hexagonal mesh" that i could see,like an overlay or filter over the sky.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

That physicist who thought one electron was shared everywhere in this universe was Bohm (if it wasn't answered already- catching up).

And that "one shared electron" nicely summarized a complex theory.. .well done!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I've seen that too. It seems to be related to the Calabi-Yau manifold of our pot hole universe (physics).

That's some pretty impressive clairvoyance.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join