It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 335
<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Michet

Fantastic example!

In this case, we had emergent novelty in an isolated system that had not emerged in the larger structure.

I believe this is what drives progress, and that we can reduce the incidents of repeat novelty through technology. Kind of like bringing our entire species onto the same page, or up to the same speed. Something like that.

For Ramanujan, his ideas were still novel even outside of isolation, but not everyone is so "lucky." Maybe its just my idealism, but it seems such a waste that a mind that could innovate a wheel or general relativity will summarily be dismissed by the larger system. Its not that they are any less brilliant than the "originators," their timing was just off because they were out of phase with the rest of the system.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Serdgiam

Basics appropriate for the Café. I'm asking a lot of questions, don't I? Again sorry, it's not on purpose.
I know all my flaws, they just don't leave and are often faster than I am.

And I must say I feel like you joined the conversation to teach me something. Like KPB. But that also took a while until late we figured out what that was.
What's your main theory about consciousness? Universe?

He did it to me

Actually everyone in this thread has hit me over the head at the right time and place like we are fated to learn from each other haha.

isn't that a funny feeling when someone says something to you and you're not sure if it even registered for them, but for you it's the freaking piece of the puzzle you were missing?

What I love is I have some kind of drunken lucky woo. If I ever try to go out and have fun the next day I end up with extra money or a job or a sweater... Sometimes all three in one night...

It can be a little confusing waking up in some random house with a note on your shoes from someone you didn't see last night to take the dog out though lmao.. I did take the dog out.

edit on 10-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I really liked that. I too believe in a realm where time doesn't exist.
Mine is less focused on the technology behind it. But I do remember seeing a man in a video setting up cameras capable of recording all kind of spectra and caught some electro magnetic disturbances before his monitor started moving.

a reply to: Reverbs

Oh how cute! Happy you had fun!

edit on 10-2-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Water particles never change places within a mass they all hold the same energy when one part of it move all of it moves out from that point of disturbance aborbing the contact. The same way energy travels, this is the same way entanglement of all there is works, just because we can move through what we see as empty space does not mean it is empty the same way fish move through water, wiggling our way through it with ease to the adaptation to do so... of course recalling when one was a fish or becomes one in conscious awareness, then one knows the awarenes or being of it as it is arising in the present moment. Thinking one the same form at all times?

That is not liberated consciousness, that is a consciousness of suffering... one of clinging to the side of form in the same boat with name... detachment from name and form? Must occur. Mindfulness keeps all fixed on a single point of action, until the mind leaps off and is everywhere and nowhere at once in all pervasive space of being itelf at one with all and yet nothing at the same time. When the eye is unattached to object of name and form then mindfulness or simply conscious awareness... knows when it is a fish as that moment arises even if the eye sees otherwise.

Why is this? Because in Hinduism, one is supposed to eat with the tongue of their chosen deity or higher self with their "earthly" tongue, allow it to see with ones eyes, smell with your nose, feel with skin, in oness with this chosen deity then there is no difference, when the two come together and can also be in such a form as in all forms in awareness... then that is the divine union of male and female energies.

Kundalini is her tossing the ring to you, how long will you sit on the throne like a fool while she works and toils in the fields? Thinking you have obtained something? Once you finally fall in the earthly death out of the mortal coil? She will catch you... but then all the time you wasted sitting on the throne putting her to work and service while you lazed around and whored about? She will do the same to you while she sits on the throne seeing how worthy you are... will you fall into another woman? She is your entire world waiting for you to form it if you avoid rebirth. Test after test husk after husk, and in the end the body of bliss never in separation being in all things for all time in perfect unity and harmony.

Is it worth the spears in the sides, the fire, the drownings, the murders one takes, in compassion and empathy for the world she made while one sat on the chair playing the fools game? Tempted and prodded along in that wheel of slavery life after life?

Karma is the intent put into action, of body, speech, and mind. The three worlds or kayas truth must be in all three of them, if the mind thinks deciet and the body carries it out, the mind already spoke it in all three worlds there is no place to hide falsehood, if the mind knows it so does the rest. The intent may be self deluded the lie one tells themself the blame may fall on others for ones own actions of body speech and mind as cause. But who chooses with will to carry out those intents, who holds those emotions and feelings, on the mortal death that occurs way more frequently than one is typically aware of? One gets asked a question, that question varies and it chooses where you go, of course still attached to the illusion and delusion they end up right back where they came from... will you or others blame anyone in all the instances for your death?

In awareness of my first passing I was asked a question; "Did they hurt you?" I simply said "A little" well the awareness knows the truth, in body, speech, and mind. Since the deaths of that time in awareness? I've blamed no one... the light is always with me having avoided the 5 wombs of rebirth. The 5 skulls sitting on maras crown. Consciousness is drawn into a newborns head as it is crowning, that is the crowning achievement of life... a pure consciousness being born into the world. Then we throw our collective ignorance on them called dukka or suffering no matter how well intended it may seem... concepts of attachment... the water of life that the grasping moves in relation to as it spreads out.

Is it chaos? Only if attached, is it order depends on the awareness of that attachment... in observation my whole left foot is on fire as a sensation, and it is ok. Will I seek ease from that sensation? Of embrace that sensation as simply a sensation, not long ago consciousness was a fish so now I am being cooked... so that she may eat... I pray that her prey tastes as divine as she, and no one hold her guilty or accountible for it.

In such a manner one's food need no sort of blessing.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think there's a lunar eclipse going right now...Lemme go check it out.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

That was article's point: if you think karma is a rubber ball of good and bad you're missing the point... it is cumulative and deals with death and rebirth of all people. What we all do is create 'karmas' that sounded a lot like 'tulpas' in some respect. Hoped some would do their homework and see the same aspects as well.

Surprisingly (to those that talk with me about my religious views) come to Buddhist label with a little mystical tendencies. Which is cool with me!

Probably confused ya'll with that song

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

It is a Snow Moon that will eclipse then, later, a comet will be seen.

And TEOT is stuck under snow and clouds

Hope you catch a glimpse!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Doubtful...Seems to be too cloudy at the moment...< 3 ..But will check again.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Bummer 4 us

I read Baddogma is being dive bombed in his house! They have been doing practice flights over his place and scaring his poor dog. So I guess it could always be worse...

Have a great weekend MousyG!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Wow...It could always be worse. I think I would hide somewhere if that happened over my house.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

Wow...It could always be worse. I think I would hide somewhere if that happened over my house.

Someone buzzed my house with some crazy jet when I was going through my weirdness.
That was the same night my house had around 7 dudes with flashlights and dogs "looking for something"
MEanwhile someone on Facebook telling me, "I put the heat on you." "it's time now..." time for what? I asked. "Run!"

I was being pressured in so many different ways I decided I might harm myself more by overreacting than under reacting.. sort of like a demon tricks you into thinking your brother is the devil so you kill your brother to save everyone, but the devil was the demon all along.. Like that,

So I layed on the floor of my room, crawed on my belly around the house to where no one could see in a window.. lights were coming through most of the windows and they were on at least 3 sides of the house. Felt like they were looking for a fugitive.

There were fast cars zooming all over the place

the people outside didn't sound like cops. Sounded like regular people, but I didn't want to chance being seen if it had anything to do with me.

I don't know it's like it didn't even take place in this universe.

This song is sort of how I feel about it.

There is nothing better at explaining a lot of my own thoughts/experiences..

"It starts out with a question, how much of it is real?"

It starts out with a question. How much of it is real?
The skepticism sets in, and lessens your appeal
Next, you study conspiracy, develop some theories
And become extra wary of all your previous learned material
Your tolerence for stupidity degrades
Most of your friends seem to be trapped in the maze
You narrow your associates down to the few you can stand
And even they sometimes wonder what's going on in that head of yours
You study east and western philosophy, psychology, physics
You think a lot more, and start to question existence
You wonder about your nervous system's limits
You tamper with reality maps, and then ask hallucinogenic induced
"Who am I's? What am I? Am I forever?"
All information breathes in the shallow dark halls of never
You can see where it's leading. You wish you were dreaming
If the castle crumbles no one's there to put it back together

[Hook]
Have you ever felt yourself slippin' away?
Where all you think about's your sanity, and how it decayed?
There's no place to run, no place to hide
You can't escape from inside, and you're losing your mind
You try to think of when it started, and ask yourself why
But each thought deepens the sickness and completes the desert dry
Fear feeds the derangement of the inner eye
With nothing left you find yourself falling to madness so you...

... cry to your god, and act normal to your peers
What if God ain't hearing you? That's your only fear
Each day you think more about your psychosis
No one but you can help you, and you know this
That's the craziest part of it all
In your rational mind, you only know two things for sure
One is that your totally nuts
And the other is that you're the only one with the cure
It doesn't make sense, it's not how you imagined
You never knew it could just happen
You thought it came from stress, suicide, a near death experience
War, drug trips, low pay, carelessness
You've heard plenty of stories about schizophrenia
But never had evidence of one who thought himself mad
You're going crazy, and desperately reachin' for reason
But the strain to stay sane's your only demon; best believe it

[Hook]
Have you ever felt yourself slippin' away?
Where all you think about's your sanity, and how it decayed?
There's no place to run, no place to hide
You can't escape from inside, and you're losing your mind
You try to think of when it started, and ask yourself why
But each thought deepens the sickness and completes the desert dry
With nothing left you find yourself falling to madness so you...

You finally realize that you've always lived in hell
No human model or metaphor can explain how you fell
The puzzle's alive, and it changes as you try to escape it
It created time and made it appear to pass by
You don't know what you think. You don't think what you know
You're a total lunatic, and afraid it's starting to show
Where do you go when your brain is your worst enemy?
The six hundred and sixty six foot tall bridge on seventh street?
You're scared. You're scared. Why are you so scared?
There'd be no problem if you didn't care
Now you've truly formed an opinion about heaven
It starts out with a question, and this is what it ends in

Now I know you've felt yourself slip away
Now all you think about's your sanity, and how it decayed
There's no place to run. No place to hide
You can't escape the fact that you've lost your mind
You can't erase your mistakes. There's no way to rewind
The harder you look, the harder it is to find
With nothing left you find yourself falling to madness, so you dive
So you dive [repeated]

And with each foot you fall
The voice in your head starts to sound more and more like yours

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

OMG its beautiful!! There is illumination as a backdrop to the moon and the effervescent light aloows clouds to be shown passing by, like a stage light~ With a rianbow ring emanating out from the edges!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I can't see it but it sounds Amazing!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Yea I saw you posted that. And I remember that part of the story. You called them "demon cars". "Fear feeds the derangement of inner eye" Resonates so hard with me.. The whole situation resonates. Someone is CAUSING people to be schizo...Or to make ppl think they are schizo.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yea I saw you posted that. And I remember that part of the story. You called them "demon cars". "Fear feeds the derangement of inner eye" Resonates so hard with me.. The whole situation resonates. Someone is CAUSING people to be schizo...Or to make ppl think they are schizo.

I think so.

That was my angle on what was happening to me. Some parts I have not told you guys what was happening to me fits closely with torture techniques and mind control .

That's why it's so much easier to imagine I went crazy.. If not for the same "demon" cars affecting my mom and little brther without them knowing anything at all about what was happening to me.

And for my uncle noticing the same thing.

I don't think 4 people went nuts in two towns all at once.

B.o.B made a song just about this. "The Crazzies"

If I was you, I would be scared too
News anchors is the feds, too
The sky is fallin', sky is fallin' now
Guess it's time to pull a parachute

[Hook:]
It's a dog eat dog world
It's a dog eat dog world
Me, I'm in the middle
Just tryna keep some calm nerves
Propaganda just like clockwork
Niggas panic just like clockwork
I'm just chilling in the middle
With them crazies and them mobsters

This might get a little awkward..
This the section where the plot turn..
Been told you bout the cover up
I been told you bout the Watchers
They want to turn us into monsters
They circumcise your cock, first
Vaccinate you second
Desensitize your heart third
Have you ever watched Purge?
Effects are subtle, but the outcome is a lot worse
Psychopath, schizophrenia
Watch us kill each other unbothered
They treat us like a lost herd
We runnin new age thinkers and philosophers
But every guru ain't a 1000
Watch out for imposters

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Just saw ESPN show a shot from the dessert of the eclipse... very nice!!!

I will have to go online to see the comet!!

Drunken post, going home before I add to the Jay and Silent Bob thread!!!

Happy weekend again!
edit on 10-2-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Prepositions are nice

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I just enrolled in a class at MIT and one from Cornell that are over my head.. Should have read the course descriptions better. Well probably learn something anyway.. one is about quantum mechanics, and the other is engineering simulations.

I'll probably learn something regardless.

whoops..

I read the first part of the course and it's like what the heck did I just read about 4 states of light? It's interesting though, it's making my reality imaginations much more complicated. talking about using photons to freeze atoms like what? Someone was on ATS talking about using lasers to cool off fukushima and I was in my head like huh? Now it makes more sense.

there is so much I don't know.

is Here

if anyone is interested. they have all kinds of courses many are free.

It would be so crazy if I somehow pass this class..

But it's just a first try to get me inspired so no biggie.. After I see what it's like I might spend more time finding classes on my level.
Of course instructor dude has a thick accent and terrible handwriting

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

OH snap BOB made a throw back to the 90's

I wanna help you study.. Study buddies ^-^.. liek high school.. But there are definitely smarter people here that can help you..

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

OH snap BOB made a throw back to the 90's

I wanna help you study.. Study buddies ^-^.. liek high school.. But there are definitely smarter people here that can help you..

B.o.B has every kind of sound you can imagine. That's why the record label he started is called "no genre" He used his career to show how he industry really works. He did the usual path.. signed with atlantic I think it was. He got as far as he could get without playing ball and then went full conspiracy mode, and that ruined his career then he released another one of "their albums and he's number 1, then he switched back to his own thing and he's nothing again though he sells out wherever goes. His song with Haley williams Airplanes.. That wasn't even meant for B.o.B it was meant for lupe, fully written ready to go.. B.o.B said ask lupe how the industry works... Lupe released his song "dumb it down" Where he's talking to record execs in the song.

You can tell in interviews and in his songs he's been through similar things as me.. and others in this thread. Right at the same time I finally felt my life was not in grave danger he went nuts on twitter warning people if he disappears you know who did it. "Started dropping elements the # been crazy ever since." His mixtapes the 4 elements. He started training in martial arts and carrying guns.

I'm glad he's ok now. Course he thinks the earth is flat.. Other than that he's on point with a lot of his deeper thoughts.

And anyone can sign up for the class it only takes an email address. All the course materials are provided. even has a forum for all the students and the teachers to talk back and forth on.

OF course there are all kinds of other courses that aren't graduate level cutting edge quantum mechanics as well

Obviously we will start the course with "Atoms in an optical lattice"
This dude is nutty smart.

It seriously sounds like the technical version of my "hippie" speak. Like what I am trying to grasp right now just sounds like
"it's all vibrations man"
edit on 11-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I feel like the hippie speak will translate well
Just make sure you don't confuse the two.

new topics

top topics

<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join