It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 323
<< 320  321  322    324  325  326 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Something about Terence McKenna makes me incredible horny. I want to sit beside him my chin on his knee and listen how he explains the world to me.
I love his mind. That's what should count, right? Your thoughts. Just his are lighthouses in stormy waters. He could have become a Guru and all lady cult members would have hoped and prayed for the one night.
But he was so awesome, he didn't do that. He knew he doesn't have the answers. Integrity! Urrrgh so hot.
Didn't even have this moment of suspicion JV has.

Why am I telling you that? Imagine you were the cult leader...

(Which means mostly joking, but the part with McKenna is true)

edit on 3-2-2017 by Peeple because: Thought I saw a mistake, but wasn't

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Sorry, BBD but you've totally lost me now...what?!?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
when I say I don't really have thoughts...

I mean this:

"Meditation Reduces Activity in the Brain’s “Me Center"

One of the most interesting studies in the last few years, carried out at Yale University, found that mindfulness meditation decreases activity in the default mode network (DMN), the brain network responsible for mind-wandering and self-referential thoughts – a.k.a., “monkey mind.”"
"

However you get there, until you get there, this is where you need to be. Without this, it's just going round in circles, and in many cases, ever decreasing ones that imploded upon themselves - which, can also get you there but I wouldn't recommend it.

(I changed the boldings incidently
)

I don't do meditation as such but that is not to say that I don't meditate.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Anaana because: had to fiddle in order to get quote to appear because that never, ever works...boo hoo

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Didn't mean too... um you posted something, Peeple asked for clarity while writing something else... I spoke to what both of you were writing. I was just saying hey my thoughts on it, and agreeing yes irrevlant in that clarity Peeple was asking for from you about what you stated... meaning sorry for adding my two cents being part of the conversation... that Peeple may still want the clarity to the comment.

Maybe it's best I just don't follow along to the conversations going on? I dunno... sorry for being rude.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: Peeple

Place yourself in Luke's shoes in Star Wars... happy lil farm child not a care in the world and then the aliens show up. The trope is the same in many stories... the buddha a rich spoiled prince with all anyone could ever want and then seeing death sickness and old age that was kept hidden from him. Neo just another day of work cogging the machine and well bored with life... follow the white rabbit Neo.

It is a growth from child into adulthood one of independence from all the ties that bind... and then of course the system itself, as long as you are not a danger to yourself or others... kill all the thought and ideology you want and create because none of that sh!t is real

Quoted so you know what I'm talking about. Though I like the answer to button.
Nobody's using it right. There's more to it and I will prove it or die trying.
La Liberté Ou La Morte.
No kidding, I am this very tired of all the bs.
Because it is exactly what you say "growth from child into adulthood".
This is my only talent. With a huge ? because I have no clue what this is, exactly.
But it's relevant to a lot of people, increasingly so, since many would agree fields of whatever electric kind makes it worse/heavier/ more intense.
Like a repeater. Or, I don't think I ever told that before, since I always say "hearing voices is the one line I draw, that's possibly crossing over to remembering wrong, mental illness...", but one time in the bath tub, with my head under water I heard a male voice "try harder". But under water. Underwater loudspeakers and such, I write this off to water audio qualities.
But in principle the same happens here maybe with synchronicity, ME, enlightenment thrill, and so on and the mentioned wifi and such?

I'll find my superpower.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Peeple because: Comma

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You know Zen has these things called koans? The question one holds in mind unceasingly every moment until it spontaniously answers itself. The only reason I bring that up? No answers out there, just a bunch of road maps like when the Israelites are said to have wondered around the desert for over forty years... nothing out there... just matter and energy in different forms but yet stil matter and energy.

Thought is well energy focused on matter, and well energy of past energy focused on that energy itself called memory. Thoughts on top of thoughts, concepts on top of concepts... the combinations and recombinations of that? Infinite... each moment countless additions of it in entropy of that energy we give off... what if you didn't waste that energy chasing thought and it ceased?

The surangama sutra, speaks of seeing and hearing... it can be grasped and comprehended, but it is best absorbed like Socrates saying for all I know? I know nothing at all... that can be known beyond surface appearances, the rote comprehension... I meantioned the sun thing to Mousey several pages back, nothing we make concepts about what it is is what it is unless we have agreed on it to be that... knowledge is a conspiracy of agreement that yes yes quite right this exists... like twins making up their own language no one else knows or understands... if their twin wasn't around and someone was speaking it? Well, what language is this or they would sound insane... but still communication, you just don't have the decoder ring.

Even when someone does? If they have no idea, if it is a forgeign concept? Zing right over the head, nonsense they don't understand... later it may be seen a genious? But Socrates clears his throat... it's all sh!te and agreeing it isn't? Is the secret the big conspiracy of all those that know it is sh!te can't fall asleep to it is sh!te.

Wind the maze of philosophy and it never ends, stop the search and detach? And it all does... but yet the beat goes on.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm watching Borat, "I don't think it would take much for him to adjust" and he comes in with a bag of poop.
Sorry if I am distracted.

But yeah mystery, koans. Let's hope. As it doesn't seem like someone will just tell me the answer.
Go with the flow.

"I have a digital watch from the future"

edit on 3-2-2017 by Peeple because: Add

Now on with a darker movie, room 237. Number 42 plays a part in it too.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Peeple because: 2.add

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
After Walt Disney and now Stanley Kubrick, I'm more convinced than ever there's no one group shaping our opinions since always.

The movie is in a way creepier than Shinning. Room 237.

42, number of fate and paranoid, trapped....

Danger, malevolent and disaster. Eek it's creepy!

edit on 3-2-2017 by Peeple because: Add

Puh it's actually 242.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Peeple because: 2.add

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

ATS Space Exploration (!!!): Room 237 Explores Hidden Meanings in The Shining (Moon).

I've watched it twice and am ready for the third!!

edit on 3-2-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: formatting

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I getcha now...bad choice of words, "irrelevant", on my part. Unrelated would have been better. We were just talking of very different things. I don't know, yet, how much clearer I can be. It may come to me later though.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
We have a long history in exploring and working with magic, but it doesn't seem efficient, does it?
Is it a problem of details, or did we not understand sthg very basic?

Sorry to pull you back to here, but the conversation moves substantially quicker than I am able to follow most of the time, so I find myself going back and forth...out of curiousity, which systems of magic have you tried?

I picked up Eliphas Levi's Transcendental Magic in Oxfam yesterday, as well as Lenin's treatise on Imperialism. I prefer the latter.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Happy Anniversary.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Reverbs

Something about Terence McKenna makes me incredible horny. I want to sit beside him my chin on his knee and listen how he explains the world to me.
I love his mind. That's what should count, right? Your thoughts. Just his are lighthouses in stormy waters. He could have become a Guru and all lady cult members would have hoped and prayed for the one night.
But he was so awesome, he didn't do that. He knew he doesn't have the answers. Integrity! Urrrgh so hot.
Didn't even have this moment of suspicion JV has.

Why am I telling you that? Imagine you were the cult leader...

(Which means mostly joking, but the part with McKenna is true)

hahaha I can totally see that. That's why I had him tell me bed time stories.

Had very odd dreams mixed with work and doing some project for school but the rest was like an abstract Mckenna Trip lol.. The school project was not anything to do with what I did I could do anything but doing it changed my being and my trip.. The journey lol..

my dreams were so odd I had to convince myself for 30 minutes I was who I thought I was and I did indeed have a human life and a job to go to.. Most of me was like "Why does that matter?! We have to change the Game!"

edit on 3-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Thanks MousyG!! Very kind of you. And right back at you, 2 years in!

XOXO

Doesn't seem that long ago! And it does too. Boy, what a noob when I started! lol

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Haha thank you dear ^.^...Looking at the dates on our profiles is weird o.o In the best way of course.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

If you've made it this long...there is no escape...YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I should hope not..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Nevermind. >.>
edit on 3-2-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It is Friday after all...

Concrete Blonde - Happy Birthday

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

If you've made it this long...there is no escape...YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE.

Well, you can try.
I had my life threatened in multiple ways from multiple people and in a week it's like but ma onwine fwiends....

If I hadn't missed a couple years in the middle this would be my 17th year.

powerful after work nap confusing the # out of me, do I work today? and I check my email and work is canceled tomorrow!!
Something about no clean water to drink.. Thank god the girls got us water bottles. I was feeling sick all day and probably why I needed that nap I drank a bunch of water before work straight from the tap. Normally I can't get sick so I was confused but that actually might make sense.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 320  321  322    324  325  326 >>

join