It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 322
<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I don't like painting myself in bad light, is all......

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Place yourself in Luke's shoes in Star Wars... happy lil farm child not a care in the world and then the aliens show up. The trope is the same in many stories... the buddha a rich spoiled prince with all anyone could ever want and then seeing death sickness and old age that was kept hidden from him. Neo just another day of work cogging the machine and well bored with life... follow the white rabbit Neo.

It is a growth from child into adulthood one of independence from all the ties that bind... and then of course the system itself, as long as you are not a danger to yourself or others... kill all the thought and ideology you want and create because none of that sh!t is real

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

You are never your situation as the situation is a choice. Doing something else is as easy as making another choice... many of those during the day... unless limited to those you do not want to do, as an adult no one has any right what so ever to control you EVER except for you.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Yep irrevelant in your understanding of it. Sorry if there was some sort of implication that I was speaking for you instead of to the subject itself following along on my own terms.

Peeple still needs clarity from it to see from your point of view however... I spoke from mine not needing any.

edit on 2-2-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Food for thought; in birth order with timelines... adults come first, when children are born it is important to be settled so that we put them first to advance them in their natural proclivities and curiosity not in our own selfish interests or traditions of nonsense and attachment so they learn subjects and not become subject to them... forcing them to be subject to us as some sort of superior is called wisdom. Learning that fire is hot comes early but, it will not cease all times burned in the future as life goes on... of course preventative measures should be taken so there is no senseless accident to harm them.

We will be first in the grave so knowing when our time is up? Becomes very important otherwise we become a hinderance especially the more we try to rule and control them instead of foster and grow their curiosity of the subject matter they are interested in at the appropriate times for them to develop it.

Belief is not real, subjecting them to belief other than as a subject because one was made oneself into a subject or has allowed one to be made subject to it is an excuse and one of fear and weakness... putting it back as a subject of history and mythos to learn and study as a subject is imperitive for us to evolve grow and adapt... having to adapt to the make believe taken as real brings all kinds of stress and sufering and pain to the world uslessly, the excuses doing so are irrational and illogical where reason is involved.

It is the same as accepting bad science as truth as we have seen countless times in history just the same.

edit on 2-2-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is going to be my bed time story.

“The ‘Cosmic Giggle’ is a randomly roving zone of synchronicity and statistical anomaly.

Should you be caught up in it, it will turn reality on its head.

It is objective and subjective, simultaneously 'really there’ and yet somehow is sustained by imagination and expectation;

the umbilicus of our ontology, the place where we see that the world came from something very different from what it now appears to be.”

~Terence McKenna

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

While awareness persists there is action and that action can be cause for the giggles while creating such action; intent towards good or bad in that creation?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
thirdmonk.net...

I found this when googling psylocibin, lol.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Something I have never had an interest in; it is a poison and as your body fights it off there are the side effects of it fighting it off... some find those side effects pleasurable and some do not. The side effect of incarceration is less desirible to me than any "nice" feelings it may bring... same reason I have been avoiding cannabis; it has so many benefiical effects and the worst side effect in my experience of it is the incarceration that can occur... so until the state can move forward and get it's act together? Fine or imprisionment is something I'd rather not deal with until then... who knows even then? I may or may not; I never found it addictive in anyway... when I used it as a coping mechanism? Yeah, it was nice to have as a 30 minute time out; better than drunk which lasts for hours; something I never really cared for... but it is nice when there are those responsible that you an trust around to prevent a bad decision... something I have seen occur more frequently with people under the influence of alcohol than cannabis.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I agree. About that last part. Maybe experimenting in the right environment.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Most people call that college... of course doing so as I have seen has either made or broken many futures, but that wasn't the experiementation unless in legal troubles, sometimes it was from the abuse of it found in coping, and some of it was the use of it in celebration and enjoying life... fine line between those two, when society just condemns with things like the war on drugs? That line between use and abuse is removed and no choice except to take risk.

Of course the underground market is very unsafe in not only people but product where illegality is involved. No telling what sitution or product one is getting. Legallity? Well, many many people die of pharmaceutical abuse in fact more than all the illicit ones including alcohol combined... which is the legal side. The states that have legalized cannabis have seen a huge drop in those deaths as there is an alternative much safer... of course those pharmaceutical companies have seen a decrease too in profits... and have started lobbying against it's legalization in other states to protect profits not people. Meaning profiting off of human misery is more important than relief from the actual problem... thusly such a thing becomes a problem in itself.

Oh politics... and social experiments never seem to end; especially when the better alternative has been seen, in it's benefit as a whole... that's why I even get into it to begin with. Dragging out old tired systems we know do not work? Or trying them again with a new spin? Uggg we knew prohibition was a failure with Alcohol... before then? All of it was legal... then lets try and damn alcohol yay the mob and boot legging and speak easy's even the presidents etc. had their private stashes... oh bad idea. But we will then make all the rest of it illegal too... call it a moral fiber thing, even when it is unethical.

Billiard tables used to be illegal they were called an instrument of the devil... one president enjoyed the game so much and seeing the idiocracy of that belief; had a secret table inside the capital building so he could still play. Uzbekistan just banned it in 2002 I guess Uzbekistan is under that same stupid influence the U.S. was then but Uzbekistan gets to now play the social experiement game.

It's pardon moi francias? Stupidity.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

psilocybin and psilocin

are very non toxic and actually grow new brain cells.

the second chemical is what comes out after a pass through the liver and both are found naturally in certain mushrooms.

They are the closet chemical cousins to what is produced in your pineal gland, N,N-DIMETHYLTRYPTAMIN 3-(2-Dimethylaminoethyl)indole)

4-Hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine

it does not work on dopamine..

It does not work on poisoning you. In fact they have mapped out what it does to the brain and those effects are easily translated to the experience. For one it downgrade the guy in the brain that acts as a reducing valve on relating things together.. So you start connecting things that you wouldn't normally connect..

It's just one atom off of regular brain chemistry in fact.

I don't really have a dog in the fight as I find meditation does the same thing.

But as far as toxicity the closest other chemical I can think of at similar toxicity levels, is THC and both are less toxic than H2O.

anyway not really my topic of interest.

That website you linked mousy made me discover that Richard Feynman used Lucid dreaming.. !!
You know nobel prize guy famous in quantum mechanics circles.. I had no idea he was in to that.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Nice to see an update in it's action of mechanism... the information I have was from oh 92'-93' a graduate student going for a PHD and I were discussing it, he rather enjoyed "magic" mushrooms and other hallucinogens himself. If his parents knew though, it is likely they'd have thrown him into the military like they did with his younger brother when they caught him with cannabis.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Great minds think alike

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Psychedelic mushrooms already have a reputation for helping people open their minds and broaden their perspective on the world. They have shown an ability to combat mental disorders like depression and anxiety. Now, research is showing that the magic mushrooms can actually help physically rebuild a damaged brain.

What’s more, the psychedelic mice showed growth in new brain cells, perhaps erasing memories of the fear response. Researchers think that the psilocybin is binding to brain receptors that stimulate growth and healing, acting on the hippocampus, a small part of the brain that is essential to learning and forming memories. Since PTSD is thought to result from a similar response in which patients cannot separate a stimulus from a traumatic event, psilocybin could perhaps help them heal their brains just like it did for the mice.

“Memory, learning, and the ability to relearn that a once threatening stimuli is no longer a danger absolutely depends on the ability of the brain to alter its connections,” study leader Dr. Briony Catlow of the Lieber Institute for Brain Development said to Real Clear Science. “We believe that neuroplasticity plays a critical role in psilocybin accelerating fear extinction.”

Link

I mentioned earlier about reprogramming the mind..
It's not just the mind that shows results, even the brain responds to these things.

I get to be a free thinker not because I started out as one but because meditation improves brain function.

meditation actually changes the volume of the brain. Increases connections..

Meditation May Lead to Volume Changes in Key Areas of the Brain

In 2011, Sara Lazar and her team at Harvard found that mindfulness meditation can actually change the structure of the brain: Eight weeks of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) was found to increase cortical thickness in the hippocampus, which governs learning and memory, and in certain areas of the brain that play roles in emotion regulation and self-referential processing.

There were also decreases in brain cell volume in the amygdala, which is responsible for fear, anxiety, and stress – and these changes matched the participants’ self-reports of their stress levels, indicating that meditation not only changes the brain, but it changes our subjective perception and feelings as well.

source

when I say I don't really have thoughts...

I mean this:

Meditation Reduces Activity in the Brain’s “Me Center"

One of the most interesting studies in the last few years, carried out at Yale University, found that mindfulness meditation decreases activity in the default mode network (DMN), the brain network responsible for mind-wandering and self-referential thoughts – a.k.a., “monkey mind.”

One recent study found that just a couple of weeks of meditation training helped people’s focus and memory during the verbal reasoning section of the GRE. In fact, the increase in score was equivalent to 16 percentile points, which is nothing to sneeze at.

edit on 2-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I could use meditation for it's stabilizing effect. That's probably an understatement though, lol. I've been wreck less lately, I might need to reel it back.

Monkey Mind AKA Delirium.

edit on 2-2-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

If you don't reel it back in you'll never catch the Big Fish!!

oh no..

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

aww you lovable smart alec < 3

Or it will pull me into the water and eat me...

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...
edit on 3-2-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

aww you lovable smart alec < 3

Or it will pull me into the water and eat me...

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

I think a few of us in this thread.. 3 people in particular, got a whale on the other end of the line and in trying to reel it back in ended up far away from land.. Only cutting the line near the end afraid to drown in the deep waters.

We all made it back, and yet we cast our lines again.

Are we mad?!

I'm trying to learn to live in the water, because the land seems to be crumbling with no help of my own.

"The elders have sent me to tell you that now is like a rushing river, and this will be experienced in many different ways. There are those who would hold onto the shore... there is no shore. The shore is crumbling. Push off into the middle of the river. Keep your head above the water, look around to see who else is in the river with you, and celebrate."

edit on 3-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Still not interested, but it's nice to know it's not poison any longer...

Took me awhile to find some good cleaning/project music that's a happy balance... took one of my friends quite awhile to find that for him and landed on disco. World music at Delta waves is like meditation psyhic battle time... that gets tiresome and annoying... Classical makes me all dreamy and philosophical can't get anything done, just smoke after smoke website after website digging ala Peeple style... of course there's whirlwind grrr of Japanese death metal Miss Mouse style. But it isn't good for projects that require patience just yarr gotta do some damned dishes! But this fills all of that and makes me happy doing it... words though can be hit or miss.

Well hassa cup O Joe and a smoke to bring it to a nice temperature and BossaNovea/Samba mia tomato... never mind the clamato, unless cooking or whatever. :p Of course tracing the roots around it ends up having a root in polka music.

edit on 3-2-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: yeeeah...

top topics

<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join