It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I happened to be half asleep when you changed your avater and the shift when my browser refreshed had me wonder if my resident ghostie was effing with me, again. Who doesn't love equine hair styles.. whether 40's chic or ethnic braids?

As far as reading assignments, I'd suggest Cosmic Trigger(s) by Robert Anton Wilson, who was brilliantly insane, a product of his time and not for any direct cosmic answers, but for a breezy study of human fallibility and "cluelessness" that my adolescent self thought was brilliant... and my adult self just likes 'cause he was interesting.

Or you could go for Max Freedom Long's study of Hawaiian mysticism "The Secret Science Behind Miracles" for some exotic bulls*it that I've mostly forgotten but some associations with something we've touched on nudges it to my brain's awareness...

and my front door just opened... must've not locked it and the wind pushed it open, but dang, I heard the latch 'click' and once on the metaphysical train of thought, the weird scenery just keeps whizzing by.

Better yet, don't read anything but comic books ... that might be the best course of action!

edit on 2/2/2016 by Baddogma because: lost an "and"

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

You know he is not wrong. Not in the gray area, but here I really was maturbating: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Awakening
and just did again, a little bit...

a reply to: Baddogma

I just bought the Mass Effect trilogy. But like comics too. It's all art and in every piece of art there is some wisdom to be found... A pyramid stone someone carried to our collective cultural immortality dome.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I thought it made sense to start out in the craziest corner, lol. My original post a few couple pages back should give you ideas as to why, if you missed it.

Actually that was just my crazy quasi-mystical vagueness coming forth in response to KPB saying "Anyone?" so I figured I'd take the hit. I really don't have a problem with the way some things are. Whether they're aliens, spirits, or dark plasma critters I really don't know, but one things certain; they touch many lives one way or another. Being tricksterish seems to just be part of the game. At one point my own favorite critter tried to get me to write a book and play the trickster myself, but I declined. There's far too much of that sort of thing available already.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Well I'd rather be your sympatico congruency bear, than what you think about while you take a dump (as You indicated earlier) I guess.

Egads.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar - Freud

One of my all time favorite quotes.

It's dirty AND 'spiritual'

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Oh then I have certainly read it.

I see it as if they try to get the kid to the dentist without the kicking and screaming all the way. "Oh no we are going to the zoo!"
And it mostly leads to an epiphany, games humanists play.
I actually also entertained the idea of writing a book. But the two choices aren't exactly sexy: it would either be incredible vague, or full of half-truths and.. well: lies.

But I don't think it is aliens. It would go back far too long in our timeline and would be super intense with all the personel they'd need to play with so many peoples minds...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
It's all art and in every piece of art there is some wisdom to be found... A pyramid stone someone carried to our collective cultural immortality dome.

I honestly think I've found more useful pieces of info in fiction and music than spiritual books, over time. But if nothing else it can be fun having a library of stuff that tends to make other "normal" people back away slowly.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Ah der Sigmund... One of the most important persons in the 19century with C.G.Jung.
Cleared a lot of things up, I like psychology.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

You are not alone. You are not without a clue.

I get hurt all the time....all the time....then I analyze 'what got hurt and why' then I'm all happy again.

Besides....'what I've learned' not only is partially wrong (anything conceptual always is), but even if "right" may well be "not for you right now".

That doesn't make you higher or lower than anyone....it's just how things work.

Nobody should consider me to be the gold standard for anything.

So if my opinion is potentially worthless (for you at least) ---- then nothing I say should hurt you.

If my opinion Happens to Be "good for you (that's for you to decide) --- then you must suck it up and make a go of it until you decide to abandon it.

So no reason to be hurt for any period of time there either.

Or ask me to go and get BD to agree and I'm gone likkety split.

I think highly of you....for what its worth. In case you didn't know.

I think highly of anyone who wades through this ocean of carp. Its not for the timid.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Very nicely said.

The major 'daimons' in their purest form only are 'my' 'microenvironments'

But it's possible to conquer ALL the 'lying spirits' then things are immeasurably easier.

You just have to solve ' The problem of evil' by trial by fire, then its all downhill from there.

That was my personal experience....it's not necessarily valid for anyone else.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rethaya

originally posted by: Peeple
It's all art and in every piece of art there is some wisdom to be found... A pyramid stone someone carried to our collective cultural immortality dome.

I honestly think I've found more useful pieces of info in fiction and music than spiritual books, over time. But if nothing else it can be fun having a library of stuff that tends to make other "normal" people back away slowly.

You fit in perfectly.

Welcome to the 'beneath the bunny hole, bunny hole'.

Kev
edit on 2-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply dear Kev, and for what it's worth i think highly of you also. I'm in bed+ about to fall asleep, so will digest your reply in the morning,it deserves my full attention and a fresh mind.
Nitynite, Bless you.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
And I too want to be clear that my independent (or totally influenced by the spooky shaman) reference to all (in general and here, specifically) engaged in auto-eroticism was not regarding separate beliefs or samplings of belief systems or anyone's place on the "ladder of enlightenment," but rather referencing our participating in a public examination of the unknowable and thus getting that endorphin glow from being oh-so-smart... so really referencing myself and reminding folks that it's all good ...and silly... mixed with profound, shattering Truth.

That's all...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

So now I'm the 'spooky shaman'.

That you call a brother.

That you compare to historical figures.

And think about while on the toilet.

(Gynormous eye roll)

But a good public service Announcement.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Hey, you wanted to be returned to human status... and sometimes my most profound thoughts arrive on the toilet... when I consume no roughage and spend some time there, anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The bathroom in general seems to be a great place of realization for many. The toilet and the shower can be quite conducive to realization.

Perhaps it has something to do with activities that don't require much thought, but they do require brain processing all the same.

Kind of a representation of muxing some of the different tools in the toolset!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

TMI.
TMI.
TMI.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: UniFinity

I hope you don't mind if I offer a suggestion about "nonverbal emotional thinking" -

- well, more like how I 'learned' to do it (by accident, really)

Okay, it's sort of a two 'part' thing - the "emotional" part you can probably already do, we all can experience our emotions without attaching words to them -

Hello Lostgirl, hope you're well and hello all.

I was thinking about your non-verbal emotional thinking today and almost grasping it, but then it would slip away smokey style; I need my word pots.

But then it slowly dawned on me, in a way I can understand, that it's a very old concept. If you think about folklore, one of the major themes is the danger of giving your names to fairies - if you do, they'll have power over you, they can 'capture' you, if you like.
Rumplestiltskin is a good example, where the queen can keep her baby if she guesses the goblin's name; if not, she has no power, he evades her and wins her child. Some other quick examples:

Similarly, the belief that children who were not baptised at birth were in particular danger of having the fairies kidnap them and leave changelings in their place may stem from their unnamed state.[12] In the Scandinavian variants of the ballad Earl Brand, the hero can defeat all his enemies until the heroine, running away with him, pleads with him by name to spare her youngest brother.[13]
In Scandinavian beliefs, more magical beasts, such as the Nix, could be defeated by calling their name.[14] For the same reason significant objects in Germanic mythology, which were considered to have some kind of intrinsic personality, had their own names too, for example the legendary Sword Balmung.

wiki

So, even being unnamed before god -not baptised -leaves you vulnerable. To name something, to call it by it's name gives us mastery and control, whether it's an idea or concept, an object or a being.

So then, to evade that control and mastery, to slip around in ethereal realms it is necessary to 'think' in the unnamed or as you say 'non-verbal emotional thinking'.

Have I got you right or is that just like textvomit to you?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Nah, I think it's where men's 4th brain lives.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

She who must be obeyed Is starting to like you...

I love fae lore and so does she.

It's her at her prettiest.

Kev
edit on 2-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join