It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Sometimes (most times) my fingers far outpace my physical brain which is, strangely or not, ahead of my lagging non-physical-as-we-know-it consciousness... so apologies and I see, now... sigh may be retracted (and I'll leave my query 'cause self-editing after the fact is weak).

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I wouldn't take your word for it anyways.
It is just that I first thought I made alien contact but i found a few points which say otherwise.
Lately I coined the term "Theians", from the other world Earth killed.
Why I think it is beautiful is, because in the gnostic creation myth, "archons" are described as the ones who got "aborted", just like whoever would have developed on Theia.
Pretty, right?

But again it scratches on the scientology lore and i want to throw up. I HATE scientology! Yet that dirty #hole l.ron seems to have had some perverted half-knowledge about the truth and totally abused it for his own gain...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

From a scientific viewpoint I would say no we don't really understand it if we can't explain it.

I buy into that idea too. Though, sometimes I suspect it is more indicative of proficiency in communication than a determining factor in understand.

Actually, now that I think about it, perhaps a better determining factor isn't the ability to explain simply, but the ability to create "things" that don't require any communication, just presence, to convey ideas.

Confuses me no end - how can i 'know' something but be unable to share that knowledge even with myself - strange indeed.

It really is odd, especially coming from a society/culture like ours that operates on the premise that our minds and brains can explain everything about everything, eventually.

It all might go to show that who we are is a bit more extensive than our cultural story allows. When we approach everything from our mind alone, and what is/isn't in there, it doesn't leave much room for anything else. That goes for the other systems in our physical body, as well as any parts that might exist beyond what we understand as "physical."

A thought strikes me now that most technology is based on magical/mystical ideals from the past like the above.

[…]

OOh another thought intercedes - what if telephones don't actually work and we are all using telepathy unknowingly, enabled by our 'magic' telecommunication devices

I think that's just brilliant!

It seems that our imagination sets a sort of outline for how the future will unfold, at least in some respects. I think there is a responsibility in that which we have yet to realize as a species.

Thanks KPB for what will likely be some fascinating reading! Of course, I will always attempt to avoid being absolutely certain about events which I had no part, but scratching my own bias isn't always so bad.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yeah, L. Ron at least consorted with folks who might've had half a clue (Parsons)... it's like most half truths that get almost completely perverted by ideology of whatever flavor.

But whether the neurosis and bumps in the mental operations are programs or critters, the resultant disfunctions are the same (imo, but duh, everything I write is my opinion).

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Gave you a star for petting the opinion.

Right I forgot it was a bet, right? Freemason/gentlemens-club bet?
Talcott Parsons? The one who said humans follow their social structure without questioning it? Or similiar...

Just imagine: what a conspiracy the both of them work together to finally completely enslave the masses. What's the best lie? One that is close to the truth, just changing the little parts you don't want to be known. Maybe that's exactly what happened?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

As far as "understanding without ability to explain how/why" and reminded of Scientology, the following:

Well, I fully understand everything and am thus quite great, yet I cannot quite articulate these truths I know to a mere mortal like you, and thus how I am well on my way to creating a cult and reaping the benefits of others' sweat with nothing sweated from my own pores 'cause I figured out humans are infinitely manipulable and easily so, once you know the OS...

heh, or it would be such if I were a total a-hole like all the gurus and cult leaders and self-help, infomercial "dinkusi" (my own permutation of the venerable "dinkus") out there.

edit on 2/2/2016 by Baddogma because: pushed a quotation mark far afield and left all meaning in the gutter

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Heh, you likely read too much in my vague reference (another "magicians" or blowhard trick) and I was referring to Jack Parsons, the co-founder of JPL and an interesting rocket scientist- magician contemporary of Crowley... who was wrapped in his own flawed ideology, but was quite an interesting character.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Sometimes (most times) my fingers far outpace my physical brain which is, strangely or not, ahead of my lagging non-physical-as-we-know-it consciousness... so apologies and I see, now... sigh may be retracted (and I'll leave my query 'cause self-editing after the fact is weak).

Really I'd love to tell you.

And in fact I'd love to 'scientifically test' my twaddle..
Well....more than I have....especially with others help.

Maybe I could breadcrumb trail torment you for part of the answer?

Or maybe just ask bean for part of it....

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

What came first, the Thetan or the Chicken?

Was Earth the first planet with organic life?

Is the control loop associated with any micro environments?

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You are only 3 Kevin Bacon numbers away from all those kind Of guys...

Well sort of.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yes I do that. I am currently looking for clues what to read next, what to think, so everything is a welcome hint...
But since nothing is a coincidence, why not?

Those are great questions and I am very happy you are asking me them. My answer: I don't know.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

BD? Anyone?

I'm not going to spiritually masturbate here. This game is youse guys not mine.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ah you want to... Come all over our avatars... This is an invitation come on masturbate. Lol

I had to check what BD stands for and I choose bachelor of divinity...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

95% of the stuff in the grey zone and other forums is simply egoic auto-eroticism.

BD = BadDogma

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We are simpatico again my congruent synchronicity bear... I was looking for a relevant video from an old punk band with another name for the auto-eroticism you brought up, and instead found another with the same name in the middle, but a more relevant statement overall, and for some midday dancing with oneself, I bring you...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Just wanted to say your avatar is totally delicious and awesome
Didn't have anything to say today but i read this thread daily and thought it was time i told you.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Finally somebody notices my new hair...

Thank you!

Oh, of course our host! *facepalm* that would have been too easy.
edit on 2-2-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Kev,have you ever thought that the things you consider to be "egoic auto-eroticism" are stories from Real people's Lives,from incarnations they Have to live through,and endure-and they are searching for answers/direction/just to talk,because if they had to talk to folks in the "real world" as opposed to online-life about these experiences,they would be dismissed as daft in the head? You know i respect you and i can be honest with you,so i have to say,sometimes statements like these hurt Me,for Their sake? Not everyone has it all figured out the way you do,Kev. Some of us are stumbling around alone in the dark,with not a clue.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

For what it's worth, I've read pretty much every failed adept's attempt at a personal mythology over the years. At best we get hints, at worst we spin off on random tangents that seem accurate at the time, then later discard them after chasing our own tails awhile.

I think the main problem with modern spirituality or shamanism is that it's so far removed from it's original context as to be almost entirely useless. Human society has changed so much throughout the ages that, from the point of view of other kinds of life only the essence of our original connections to the rest of reality remains. Labels come and go, and change over time. Entire convoluted frameworks get based on an essential fragment, and rise and fall by the wayside once more.

The essence, for me at least, lies in the creation and/or use of personal daimons that act as a mediator between myself and everything else. It doesn't matter what I label it, and from the point of view of the daimon/tulpa/whatever it doesn't matter that I'm not in a hut somewhere asking for rain or a successful hunt on behalf of my tribe. If you can go back far enough to get the basic origin of something, you may find what works for you and be able to get some use out of the symbiotic relationships we can attain.

If there were books or masters available to guide us along things might be easier, but that possibility is and has probably always been rare. Natural intuition and working with entities who have their own agendas, that are liars and illusionists 99% of the time are about all we can get, beyond the fragments of knowledge that others have managed to acquire.

The posts in this thread have many useful ideas that happen to share common threads with my own, I think, otherwise I wouldn't be here. But in the end we all have our own paths to walk, and it's never easy.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Hi welcome to ATS! Fresh and already in the craziest corner? I understand, it's where the cool kids hang out.(Joke, don't want to scare you away, so i better add that...)

Yes the liars problem, do you have your own "problem" with "them"?
I found for the most part the issue lies in the wrong question and I got strongly encouraged over and over to use my own common sense. Which is a meaningfull lesson in itself.
*Never ask about the future
*Never try to outsource your own decission

I haven't been lied to for a while now, so I dare say it works.
The fun part is still they defy every attempt for identification.
What's your take on it?

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join