It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 286
<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Was sex "invented"?

What sex did do is make life much more interesting and diverse. Every time you mix up a load of genes from two individuals together, you get a unique variation in outcome. But what followed the "invention" of sex, during the Cambrian explosion, were eyes, teeth, probes and feelers, lights and displays. Sex introduced competition for sex and we had fighting on our hands.

Earth Mother is all very well at being one of those things that's get you through the night, and it is better than some beliefs, but it is a human mental framework for understanding. From my perspective, the Earth didn't open "herself" to receive. "She" was pounded and battered, mixed and stirred, heated by radiation.

In the job before this one, I worked on a plant breeding project as a Lab assistant. I spent many a lazy afternoon, in full protective clothing and breathing apparatus facilitating plant sex. Domesticated plants, much like domesticated animals, often need human intervention to aid the process, as it were. Plants is my limit as far as that sort of facilitation goes, I used to walk out of the glass house bright yellow from head to foot in pollen, I should imagine Tuppers experience something similar at times.

The early Egyptians, or possibly just in some regions of Egypt, or perhaps it was a more widely held belief that simply got usurped, believed the Earth to be a male, Geb. He is pictured, reclining, propped up on one elbow, and one knee bent pointed to the sky. Often he looks a lot like a valley, two mountains with a plateau between, in others when paired with his consort, he also has a huge phallus, which stretches up towards Nut, his consort, the sky. She in turn, stretches her arms and legs to him, the Earth, like the biosphere, holding everything in, and in place over the Earth. The story, roughly goes, that their father, Shu (I think) seeing that they were too tightly entwined, seperated them, thus creating the Middle Earth, where we all live suspended between them.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Sometime in the 16th century Guillaume Postel wrote that Jesus Christ far from dying for all of our sins and redeeming humankind had in actuality redeemed man only. This is nothing hugely out of the ordinary considering the intellectual environment at the time, and given the way Christian thought had developed during the Dark Ages, that women were responsible for the fall, that childbirth was a punishment from God for the Fall and that, to put it bluntly, women were "soulless brutes" in the eyes of The Church. So when the philosophers talk about anima/animus, the inner feminine who needs guidance and control, because "she" is yet to be redeemed and is until that time to be treated as an evil and corrupting force to be subdued, and that when this vocabulary was used in Baconian science, that nature (wild, irresponsible, unpredicatible and irrational, therefore female) was something to be harnessed, controlled and tamed, exploited, you begin to get an idea of just how powerful language is at framing and influencing how we navigate reality and how language can be used to sculpt beliefs that enable the breaking of deep seated moral taboos, such as never taking without asking.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

Was sex "invented"?

yes..

invented by?

Listen to my language carefully.

I don't anthropromorphize god or whatever it's only other people who don't see consciousness in things other than humans that get weird ideas in their heads like all concepts are human inventions.. and that's not my fault.

fish invented sexual reproduction 385 million years ago/

I was not talking about inventing "sex" but sex.. So this article is closer to me showing you what I meant but whatever. I am looking for which single celled dude invented it...

I don't have to be human oriented in my thought patterns. and I don't view fighting over females a problem. That's an advanced form of sex superior to previous forms. And see humans got so goofy with it you don't even have to be strong or hot to mate you just have to have something that's valued by society which means we are in control of evolution now if you think about it.

And like maybe you think because I said mother earth that it is a woman like a human with thoughts like a human goddess thing but as the earth?
Because that's not what I'm talking about.. Same when I say god it's not some sort of human like entity.. So the qualities like love that I ascribe to these "beings" is not human love.. I don't mean it like that.. But if you ever get a chance to talk to some plants.. Their version of talking is like love and it's a very yummy version of it. Maybe you'd call it "gratefullness" or something like that.. mmmm..

What's the simplest way to say it?
If human's and Earth are similar it's because humans are like the Earth not because the Earth is like humans.
You guys are all way more natural than you think you are.
I laugh that people think people are like something different from everything else.

it's just a psychology thing I can see from you guys, rather than a problem with the words I'm using.

Conversations like these are pushing me closer to "jumping back into the woo headfirst" so we are making progress here in atleast that way.
I just know I have a bitchslapping waiting for me again.. So I'm reluctant to try again. But I have to face it one of these days or before I know it my time will be up. Oh I pissed her off alright.

I was raised inside of the spaceship with no ceiling called earth.. Flying through infinity around a giant ball of fire thats rays give the possibility of life.. What am I supposed to think?

edit on 7-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

A similar story is in Japanese folklore of constellations of: Orihime and Hikoboshi; The Weaver Girl and the Cowherd.

I rather enjoy how cultures have their own constellation maps; so one doesn't have to be relegated to the greco/roman mythos as there are other alternatives and stories; and honestly much better ones in my opinion...

Many of these tales; of supposedly separate cultures sure made the rounds, when they were integrated to fit the populous to and in which they were being told... that integration of the same stories or trope, yet the names and places have been changed is an interesting historical anomally and it was done with purpose in order to separate humanity; behind borders and nationalism, cultural heritage and pride... when we all have the same story bured under those mounds that intentionally covered them up, to ensure kingdoms and powers over which to rule and project err I mean protect... their own interests obviously.

Pretty convoluted but that's what a desire of legacy does...

Redeemed man only is an understatement; since it and other such things are used to put the faces of man, on their children to wear like masks, and herd women like cattle and property to ensure the same sort stupidity progeny after progeny. Re: Pretty convoluted but that's what a desire of legacy does...

It's laughable in how stupid it is... and yet not; as it is the progenitor of all of our problems then and now, the good fight of course? Abolishing that nonsense back into the dust from which it came so that it ceases to bind and blind humanity and life over and over again... and people may wonder why the main symbol of a witch is a broom. It's pretty obvious in many religious writtings how passages were changed or added to do the same thing as the constellation(s) mentioned above... each ruler needed their own "version" even the prophet of Islam needed his own version of the Koran.

Made up stuff to suit and fit what those in power want or need to maintain it.

Don't eat the pig indeed... as one of the oldest symbols for ignorance? By golly whatever you do; do not consume one's own ignorance so that it may continue to fall on everyone's ear without discrimination, and if one is fool enough to believe it themselves? Then indeed the trap has been throughly lain...

In ancient Eygpt names were kept hidden; of course twisted into later nonsense, demonology to know a name one can command it or cast it out... like asking the cyclops "who binded you brother? That, I may take revenge!"... "No Man! It was No Man that blinded me!" Of course, a ton of highlander business in all of that ignorance ensued kiling off all the gods and goddesses searching for the ring or crown to rule them all... or slay the great beast or fury of the people held under such rule in separation and demand sustenance and devotion from them... so it would be one to rule them all or world government under such ignorance, using greed and hate between them so they feel compelled to pick it up and carry it with pride marching generation after generation to their deaths happy with empty labels as a banner handed to be prideful in that make believe... Weeee! How grand... alternate title: How to make it seem not futile under our rule.

He who cannot be named or shall not be named; uness one want's to invoke "his" wrath or "He" needs a place to hide?

...Indeed.

A coward is found on both sides.

edit on 7-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There's been a raging blizzard outside my house ever since I woke up this afternoon...Interesting.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
There's been a raging blizzard outside my house ever since I woke up this afternoon...Interesting.

yes I had to walk to work in that and then no one was there so I left, and then I emailed the chef and he was like "can come in if you want" If I want? come on dude I asked if you needed me. I showed up the second time through the snow walking and I get there and everyones like thank god he's here.. Duh... Everytime..

And then as we just finished all the massive amounts of foods the basketball game did get cancelled so all of that effort was wasted.. most of the food wouldn't keep well enough so I'm sitting here with about 100 jalapeno cheddar burgers.. And some lobster macaroni and cheese..

But now I have to go to work at 7am tomorrow and I think it will be like 10 degrees this time. blah..

**When I got to work the first time before it snowed that much.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

oh gawd rev...

what a disaster...And here I thought you were out playing in the snow all day

LAL"...I think someone around here came up with that and it seems fitting.

edit on 7-1-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here, this last storm dumped over 45" with temps below -10, 50mph gusts and 20mph sustained. No idea on what the wind chill was, and I'd rather not know!

Quite unpleasant. Though, we can see triple digit winds frequently in winter, so at least that didn't happen!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

do you live in the movie frozen?

Hahaha.. It's no where near that bad here. but in all fairness it was like 60 degrees right before.. And the last ice storm was the night after it was 70.. Weather here is just whatever it wants to be

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

^.^ /

< 3

omg that song is emotional for me.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Same for me.. A lot of the songs in that movie get me allll aahhh eek ughh

LAL

haha

Yea it was someone here.. Can't remember who lal..

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I cant watch come of those movies without crying...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I happen to love that song.

Too bad the best version of it ever made will never be known except in my memory..

my other ex arranged a version for acapella.. Gawd they were so good.

This one was never finished... But it's still alright anyway..

Waiting for the end linkin park (cover by Lost iN Sound)

It's funny listening I know who all the voices are.. I can see them singing it. Me trying not to distract them too much.. Ha..
Life is funny.. Appreciate the travels.

The man who can't be moved (cover Lost in Sound)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Nice.. The synth with the chorus is awesome

You ok? I'm getting a weird vibe.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Nice.. The synth with the chorus is awesome

You ok? I'm getting a weird vibe.

Almost all of it is just human voices but I think the part you are talking about his vice is run through something yes.
I'm not exactly a music person haha.. Love it but I disregard all the terms used to describe it.

I better be ok... Why?!

my energy has been weird lately. Neither my mom or dad has called me so there's nothing bad going on. Last time something bad was happening they both called me, and they call like... never actually.

Oh gawd actually thanks for reminding me I just forgot because I played your song..
I was worried I need to find my bank card haha.. Hopefully none of the money is missing and it's somewhere in my possession.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Cause I know you had a bad day, and I'm assuming also that you have a good pair of shoes when your walkin in that snow.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Cause I know you had a bad day, and I'm assuming also that you have a good pair of shoes when your walkin in that snow.

I didn't have a bad day lol..

I don't remember the last time I did. I have fun with everything.. My mind doesn't work like that anymore.

when things get hard I just start laughing. And keep working. I've always liked challenges like that. The Army only enhanced that effect of liking hardships.. It's like a game to me.

and as far as shoes you can't know what shoes I have..

I have cheap non slip shoes from the cheap place... They are not in fact good at all in walking in snow.. Icey ankles and socks from normal cut shoes.. But they are safe at work on tiles..

whatcha going to do?

smile hahaha

smile cause life is funny

that's what.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Mmmhm...-.-

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Mmmhm...-.-

What did you want me to say?

I actually don't know anyone like me.

I honestly had a great day today.

I watched my 3rd roomie run and jump in the snow.. Little crazy Australian shepherd that one.. haha..
I asked my chef what time the game was rescheduled for in front of his boss and his boss looked at me and looked at him and said "he's asking what time do you need him to come in"

You have no idea how much fun everything is to me.

People don't believe me, but it's real..

You can be like god level happy with none of the normal signs "normal" people look for..

Life is too cookie cutter, and that would be my version of hell.. Lucky for me my life is everything except predictable.. And as a smart person who can make predictions based on patterns.. It's good to not know the future.

the only oddness right now is you keep sounding like layaly.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Sorry about that.

I'm having some weird mixed feelings right now, like for one thing I'm conscious of the idea that maybe I'm hijacking this thread right now plus I have some other feelings and so I'm restricting myself on what I post.

If it was wrong for me to barge in the middle of you guys' conversation back then, then I'm sorry about that.

top topics

<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join