It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 283
<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Hey... drama can be even more of a conspiracy of woo to figure out, than actual woo sometimes :p

Maybe not as much as my run on sentences without good punctuation... but if you like juicy tales? It's worth the brow furrow. Of course; heavy on the innuendo and metaphor makes mods happy. Glad you found it humorus and: Well, that was unexpected... in response.

Coo had ha Ted Ett; ant well... the at wood hats ozzfestly, bean accept a table two...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Normally I have people pretty figured out so I can decode their language at a certain angle away from my own with a few variable curves thrown in..

You sir, always surprise me.
I get most of it, and then I wonder if what I think I got was wrong when you shift gears..

You definitely practice what you preach on the individuality of life and what it means to get to define YOUR own world concept.

I do enjoy reading people who speak in analogies because well like Serdgiams paper holes.. You can go oh our holes don't line up but he said it as this other thing and I have the hole for that so I can imagine where the holes goes here... Hahaha..

If someone is really good at analogy then all answers can be seen in all things.. Depending on how you look at it.

Yeah, messages are there on all levels, on all, in all music, and whatever level you get it on, I have added to when I wrote it or sung it, but some of that stuff, I… write it, record it, and play it, and I still don’t hear it at all, few months later I’m lying down, and I say “I think I’ll listen to The Beatles album, and try and hear it in retrospect and not objectively.” And it’s about everything, so, It’s about UK, it’s about USSR, it’s about nothing and it’s about U.S.A.; anything you hear is there, you know, it’s all there either trivial or profound, whatever. It’s all there, you know, and it’s the same as in a flower, everything’s there. you know, it just is, and if you look long enough, all answers are in it, you know, and same with the music.

~John Lennon (from the below video)

edit on 4-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I noticed you urged someone to meditation a few pages back several weeks ago; I didn't say anything, but thanks for pointing them on path, it's easy to take pause and to digest all that arises out of such things... but when isn't something arising or falling or spinning and every adjective possible at any plank distance in the entirity of the all?

I personally like to dwell in the void; sure it's a gravity well... sure vibrating on the up or down planes the rotating planes or any of the ones in existence can be fun; but it's easy to get side tracked and next thing you know... fallen so far out of touch with everything but just deep inside oneself a bit too far. Life goes on eh? The human form is a good place to stay because it offers the most help and guidence to those seeking and needing escape from the rounds of becoming... so compassion and empathy, gently pointing and having a life regardless of the inifinity of just simply being. Is of course a better choice in the modes of existence and expression as a service to others.

I'm glad to be a space oddity to some... or whatever else they percieve or concieve of me as, that's their choice and if it makes them happy or less confused labeling in whatever manner... Sure, why not?

Multifaceted is the true nature of life; so many expressions of it and so many expressions for it... so it's just fitting and well life when not so rigid and grasping at the limited? Cannot be contained, just willed. Even if someone wills to contain it especially not one's own... there has to be consent to do so. So when free all such contact and manifestations are with consent. So few can control themselves; and a sure sign of no self control; is making any attempt to control others... I set boundaries for and out of mutal respect.

Few want to get walked all over and all stepped on; and if so not all the time... like Vishnu's consort rubbing his feet for aeons while he lays stretched out napping on her fathers belly. Just 5 minutes of someone rubbing the same spot can turn into a pain... Aeons? He's got stumps by now... and then her father is supposed to fly him around while he's sleeping like a magic carpet while she does this... and that is supposed to be some sort of heaven. Maybe it is just what he's dreaming about... and she is trying to wither him away slowly particle by particle over a very long period of time. Like a bird sharpening it's beak on a mountain until the mountain ceases to exist. That would be one hell of a long time for a vow; to hang around wouldn't it?

Well, not my say... I would say whatever floats their boat. But I already mentioned that would be her dad. There's a son in law joke in there; I just know it. Perhaps the Naga King is thinking: Yeah you don't know the half of it... just imagining Meet The Fockers ala ancient Vedic gods style as some sort of situational comedy.

It's been awhile... but this is a fun game: Bible Fight

On another note; but kinda the same... here is part of a book I wrote the other day in one sitting. It will eventually, get people sitting in the void or all pervasive space... and infinity unfold out from there; as said in the up, down or rotating business, you can merge with that at will... but, I explained why I do not. In maintaining a human emmination as an expession of being.

make name empty using form... so how are we going to achieve this? We are going to pick an object any object and focus on it; as a subject, and then we are going to subject it to entropy the same as the rectangular cloth... only this time; we are going to not only name it what it already is, we are going to keep naming it, decribing it, in not only color, but uses over and over and over... a writing format of some sort such as a pencil/pen and notebook is advised. At the top write exactly the name this object goes by... then list out the obvious of color(s) and use(s) normally associated with it, then keep going.

For example: Drinking Glass, it is glass, it is clear, it is used for drinking, it could be black, red, orange, blue, violet, pink... etc etc, it could be made out of plastic, steel, aluminum, wood... etc etc. it can hold, water, coffee, tea, liquor, pencils... etc. etc. and I mean list them all out avoiding the etc. etc. then get into the abstract it could be used to stop a drain, it could be used to catch water from a leak, it could be worn as a hat... etc. etc. as it gets into the abstract? You may recall this is the exact same exploration we had as children... testing things, and when a parent saw you walking around with two boxes of tissues on your feet as shoes how you laughed and laughed at their initial reaction in delightful abandon, and then likely paid the price in admonishment of that creativity stifling it and saying it was wrong... but you didn;t understand what waste and messing things up as concepts meant.

So what occured? The trouble ceased one's exploration the more and more of it that occured and punishment was dealt out; curiosity may kill the cat, but parents often kill our creativity in painting the entire world of possibility into one of greys, reds and black... leaving us wondering where all of their magic, mystery, and awe of life and nature went. Well, obviously to the same place yours or others may have... into some dusty box on a shelf out of reach long forgotten in the adult world. If not then the artist and creator and innovator is alive and well as it takes not locking creativity, wonder, and awe in a box to collect dust and be forgotten in a place called childhood.

So keep going on the object you have chosen as a subject; and subjecting it to entropy eventually you'll come to a point of that child like discovery and abstract, keep going and going and what happens will surpise you. I don't mean to spoil it; but for the sake of continuance on mastery of the vehicle and pointing... the object after all the labels, judgments, and creativity and abstract? Will become completely and utterly empty... there will be absolutely nothing left, to think, or say about that object it has ceased to have any name and yet there it is in all it's shining glory; undefined, void and sitting in reality with you as neither has anything left to say about the other... one. The true nature of everything in reality right there; staring at each other everything and nothing all at once. The excerise can also be done with a friend; please note that it is a fun exercise with someone; and it can take hours to get through it... and then it ends in two people and this object just sitting there empty and undefined free in that moment reality as a shared experience.

So what has occured from the exercise? One has come to know the utter emptiness of name and form; that when entropy is applied that the mind of concept can hit a wall and shatter into reality presenting the true nature of everything; and what has seemed like limited potiential? Suddenly becomes unlimited. In that moment of everything becoming nothing and yet something despite all the names, forms, and uses given to it... the views of limitation and bias become very apparent; that walling oneself and experiences in does not lead to the happiness thought. That it is only limiting the limitless; and in turn when the object became empty so did you and in that moment of oneness and non separation.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

uh oh I got half way through "bible fight"

and I gotta go again..

Life calls on another journey..

Man you make some wonderful analogies in my view anyway.

Until we meet again fellow sailors.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
(Cont.)
...the utter vastness was also presented, you likely couldn't even move, seemed confused, had to just simply sit there waiting for the mind to re-start, only aware of the needs the body actually had... thirst, to use the bathroom, tired and or sleepy... back to the exact mind one had in the womb yet outside of it; and needing to care for oneself without all the judgment attached.

As time progresses all objects; will start becoming the same way, as the object studied... empty and void and yet always full of any potiential to be anything and everything needed at any time that it might be used for, their limitations and uses have ended in the simple name and form that they once were. Materialism basically ceases, one becomes happy with what they have, or can make or create out of it and need instead of want shifts back to the foreground where it always belonged.

Mastery of the vehicle... now that all form and name in the vehicle has started coming to an end when the mind is placed on any of them; we will notice that all that is left? Is feelings and other people... the next pointing now that we have ceased going down the road in the vehicle and have quit grasping at any and everything going by in judgement... is to examine the mind itself; that echoes those names and forms of attachment even though they are in reality by nature; void and yet infinite when name and form have ceased to do anything other than communicate them to another; or be put to use as fitting to a situation.

I was thinking of cleaning the book up, spelling, punctuation etc... and Amazoning it. I may do that and then gift it here in the Philosophy section. There's more practices etc. but this one is a favorite one I randomly came up with 22 years ago. I just couldn;t get into "Kasina" object meditation, staring at somethng and being tansfixed or hypnotized on it.

So I developed this instead... say bye bye to extreme materialism though, so exercise it with caution

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love aggressive women. Perhaps "confident" and "social norm defying" is more accurate, but you catch my drift.

What I dont enjoy is jumping over that fine line between aggressive and predatory. Trying to guilt me into bedroom antics after 20 minutes of meeting, or the infamous crotch grab, will not get results. I've never been the type for one night stands anyway, so add factors like that into the mix, and it will end with nothing but denial.

Don't need to worry about it anymore, but to say I found such behavior annoying would be an understatement. Some friends suggested I should be flattered, but.. meh.

I can understand that drive for companionship, but I've never particularly felt it myself. Now, there isn't any decision involved, but I'm ok with it. What has baffled me though is that extreme need to *always* be in a relationship. I guess I don't really need to though. Were all a bit strange

I used to race motorcycles and cars. I still have my race bike, even now. Definitely miss riding.. I figure ill do something with the engine, eventually. ~200whp seemed a bit much for public roads, but there are a lot of fun things to do with a small, high output motor. Currrent plan is something that can be taken on the road, but also 4-wheeling. I've designed articulated, hydraulic arms that not only allow for height adjustment, but the ability to use them as independent "arms" for climbing terrain. The drivers seat is an interesting mix of magnetic suspension and force dispersion. The driver should always stay perpendicular to level ground, and even in high speed maneuvers it will disperse the forces to the frame. Not just to keep them from me (which would result in pain), but ideally to be transferred to the areas that require grip. Sort of an '___' for the vehicle frame itself, instead of solely the drivetrain.

Should be quite entertaining if/when I finish the ever-growing list of projects that have higher priority.

I use one of those "wave" keyboards. The curved ergonomic ones were a bit extreme for me, but the subtle wave strikes a great balance. I've found that matching the right peripherals creates a more seamless workflow.

Politics tends to be pure "sports team" nonsense. Its not about finding good solutions, or even solutions at all, but winning at any cost and just as importantly, making sure someone loses.

Its like one of the worst parts of our cultural story laid bare. A shame really, since it limits everyone including the perceived "winners." I firmly believe humanity is capable of extraordinary, almost unimaginable feats but that is stifled with the need to make sure someone loses in the process. I believe it will come to a head eventually, where our tools come into greater and greater conflict with our cultural story.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

matthew mcconaughey-hey for me.. LOLs

No competition from me there either, Reverbs, he's all yours.

Loved him in True Detective though...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Reverbs, does this now mean you're my sister??!!

[ETA: Geebus, I'm way behind....]
edit on 5-1-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: quantity vs quality vs godzilla

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I was hoping I was laughing with you not at you, I don't think it's your punctuation so much as it was your whole way of phrasing. I apologise if I laughed out of turn.

I've had my fair share of the over-dramatic in all manner of relationships and it's not that it isn't understandable sometimes, it's just that I have neither the patience or the attention span. I find life to be far too short, and there are far more interesting things to be giving attention to, so I drift off and think about those things instead. I find most people just want someone to talk at, listening is optional.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Reverbs, does this now mean you're my sister??!!

[ETA: Geebus, I'm way behind....]

nah that girl actually had a name.. hehe... Haley I think.
one night stand..
We didn't get along..

But I do like to test limits.

edit on 5-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Sometimes too much self restraint leads to just as much regret as too little... like a string needs control of taught and loose to be in tune?

It's good to be mindful of how you hold yourself. Especially when self control goes to the extreme of controlling others, which those excerising self control typically don't care to control others... but in the extreme of that self control that's something to watch out for, when seeking balance and avoiding extremes.

Politics under all the pander that makes it into sports teams... is just hitting the brakes and applying the gas, as humanity goes; it is a worldwide thing all of them (tptb) are in it together, some just don't jive with the methods or ways to go about it, some say full speed ahead, others just want to hold the brakes, some say only those in the know, some say the people should be let in on whats going on, and well it's just a big mess... power doesn't have to corrupt; when it is seen as an even greater responsibility.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

I was hoping I was laughing with you not at you, I don't think it's your punctuation so much as it was your whole way of phrasing. I apologise if I laughed out of turn.

I've had my fair share of the over-dramatic in all manner of relationships and it's not that it isn't understandable sometimes, it's just that I have neither the patience or the attention span. I find life to be far too short, and there are far more interesting things to be giving attention to, so I drift off and think about those things instead. I find most people just want someone to talk at, listening is optional.

Your choice of with or at; neither is going to bother me... laughter makes you live longer, so either way

You better find some wood to knock on... as soon as you say what you don't want or are tired of? It seems the universe is happy to scan for some lesson and drop it right in your lap for learning time.

I'm sort of the same way; I'm typically too focused on some hobby or subject to notice the drama wave building... the intellectuals curse perhaps? Like; what's all this about and where did it come from? Some people just have a drama/soap opera mentality; crave it and thrive on it. Not me... I don't even like watching dramas on T.V., psychological thrillers? Sure... but, that whole and her brother, and his cousin, and that guys so and so... and I'm like; get me the feck out of here!

Sure I know why all of that goes on or needs sorting... women kinda know who and what they want; but have to figure out what the score is and what they may be up against and formulate plans and plots and this that and the other... because who wants to waste time or be caught blind sided?

Nothing to apologize for dear, especially when just being yourself... no expectations for how you nor anyone else should be; except for maybe themself lol... too much to expect? Sadly, sometimes that is the case... It's just polite to get informed of the role someone is going to be playing ahead of time. Oh no sir I wasn't wanting a boyfriend... but damnit if you don't make it easy getting over the last one... very familiar with that role play that goes unsaid.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Jolly gracious of you, thanks

I don't know much about what other women want, it has been more my experience that wanting isn't the same as being wanted. You have to respect that but it doesn't ease the wanting. I expect that one day you just wake up and it isn't there anymore. I'll let you know if I ever find out. Romantic relationships are not a minefield I am yet equipped, or sufficiently recovered from, to venture into in any hurry, or without enough data to go on. My last two forays, for quite different reasons, still have me licking my wounds.

That's the thing about honestly getting blindsided. You think you're immune, you think you know who and what you are, and KABOOM, your head is on upside down.

But, hey ho! There is, as you know, Time Enough for Love.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Amen to that.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

So sleeping beauty has had her kiss... and everyone else is prince frog leaping and leaping hopping and jumping buzzing at the tongue hoping the ear it falls on is their Venus fly trap until another speck flies by? But it's ok; because the dude abides... because you can't be unkissed.

I was lucky enough; to have my kiss to unseal over 25 years later after the initial kiss that placed it there with some secret wish and kindness... I know who it was; even though I was seen as a sleeping beauty myself; child like, and smiling as a baby, swaddled and half asleep cooing serenity.

My eyes like tourquoise hard and firm, a breeze of gentle strength embraced unexpected and the winds of change ivory towers crumble, time twisted; day flops into night as days go by in the shadows as the reddest petal reveals herself in a garden of secrets to kiss in more love than lips of velvetine and the rabbit just grins cheshire nine lives later... as the blue cracks open and tears.

The song strumming one's heart strings of the beloved plays the tune of any muse; a love that cannot be refused or lost; embraced, with no heart to get misplaced; if you don't mind it... abit.

That sh!t? Yeah; familiar... it's a blessing really, though resistence seems to be the curse... whom is resisting seems to go round and round but nothing to flush; unless it's cheeks sent into a blush.

So anyway; time to get back to the most meanless; yet full life, I could imagine... ta ta

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Happy Friday cafeterians...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Happy Friday to you too!
Don't have a song, sorry.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Thanks lady.

Well, here's to the heart, mind, or body that dances regardless... and to when all three come together as one.

I've a bottle of wine that needs drinking; before it's only worth deglazing a pan with... either way, it's gravy.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

edit on 6-1-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Happy Friday! I love the modulation of this song.

Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On

[Hum? Must be full of estrogen today! I posted The Sundays on BD's music thread... hehe. Good music is good music no cerebralization needed]

new topics

top topics

<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join