It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 281
<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yule?

I've just watched three videos from Glastonbury 1989. By the beginning of the third one I started to realise that I didn't recognise any of the acts. I was certainly variously inebriated for a lot of the time, but that much...? It was 90 I went in. That'll explain it.

Early onset of dementia?

ETA No, I'm okay, it's all coming back to me now...

...and there really was a helicopter which proves that I am not always delusional.

edit on 2-1-2017 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

... ah the peaks and valleys, then woo a tunnel and feeling spooky...

Haha are you reporting live from my diary? Or captain's log. Got no ship and no crew but a log.

Is that a confession that you leave 'things' to pickle? and here I thought you just like to stew...

teasing... that means I like you, sure beats pulling on your hair huh?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

If I saw a 'log' I think I'd make like a helicopter and over too; then just flush it down not at all facinated with that street.

I'm feeling a bit loopy making silly remarks and allusions to poopy so I need to pick myself up of the floor from feeling droopy not the dog but writing has been a hog of time from 4:30 A.M. to nowish today that didn't really rhyme I hope that isn't a crime if so I'll smile some cheese and offer some wine and now I'm stuck in a loop of trying to end this and and pretend this silly should continue...

yeah peaks and valleys and woo tunnels indeed... lol I need help and there's not a professional alive or dead that could handle it.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I don't necessarily view it as manipulation, depending on how its done. At least, no more so than eliciting responses due to aversion to small talk and staring through people, or shaping the banks when we ask "how are you?." The way I see it, such reactions you describe are due to exactly the same interaction, just one that isn't conscious on either end and it runs amok, in a sense.

You've probably heard the line "it really makes me uncomfortable when you talk about X. I can't explain it, but I'd prefer if you didn't mention it anymore." Those banks are there guiding, or dams blocking, but it can be an uncomfortable experience. Jumping back to the parallel universes of our individual realities, I see it as nurturing and shaping the areas those planes intersect. On larger, more common scales, weight can be added or subtracted from these streams to move certain ones in, or out of phase with the current time cut.

I've tried blender, but it doesn't quite jive with my process. I LOVE sculptris/z-brush for pure art though. OpenSCAD and designspark really make my workflow from idea to product streamlined. I'm a one man crew in many regards, so stripping off mere minutes here and there can REALLY add up. Not to mention the frustration.

Completely concur with the whole "its quitting time" jolt. Since I tend to be the one who says it though.. there isn't much in the way of failsafes.. The amount of times I've lost track of an entire day is absurd. I should probably blame it on aliens, or them russkies.

With technology, its never been a better time to form bands. I've got quite a few friends in that field. Personally, I've done the whole guitar thing, bass, drums, saxomophone, and various indigenous instruments. It didn't really have staying power for me, for whatever reason. I tend towards the reproduction end of things (speakers, amps, headphones, etc.) I did recently just make an Aztec death whistle though. Didn't believe it actually made such a horrid noise, but boy, was I wrong.. Damn thing is super freaky!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I really find it all absolutely fascinating. I mean, most accept that we are all different, but due to things like you describe and my own experiences.. I suspect the differences are truly, massively profound. We theorize about parallel universes, but each of us might be living in our own. Some overlap more or less with the "consensus," but all are unique. Or hell, who knows, maybe only a fraction are truly unique and the rest aren't. Not like either side would be able to tell.

People can make fun of when those youngins have to go without their tech, like during a power outage, but maybe it really is such a jolt to their narrative to justify extreme response.

I think that we have always experienced things in this way, but I'm not sure there has been a shift as large as the "computer age" since the shift to widespread agriculture. In some ways, I wonder if the extreme divisionary nature of interaction isn't influenced by the code of the machines we use. Original ideas are almost an anathema; if you present something without supporting links, it might as well be like trying to click a shortcut on your computers desktop that has had the source file deleted.

Its like emergent, novel thoughts and ideas are an unrecognized file type.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Well, contrived speech belongs on stage imho; and I don't think the whole world is a stage... that's just sociopathic. People deciving to get what they want with make believe then going through the motions but no heart is really in it and someone's mind is always a million miles away while they just keep maintaining some facade because it's easy or convieniant and more trouble or expense to end it then like a some child with authoritarian parents try to sneak around and play behind their back.

It's a horrid way to live; I perfer authenticity.

All that takes is pure honesty and acceptance of someone for who they are not contrived or forced to play some role either... just the full range of who they are in all their expression(s) of being. Even if that means accepting just oneself in a relationship of one... as so many do not live that way, and when exposed to someone that does? How they gonna act... unless good at improv? Not very good.

Makes more sense when speaking of embankments meaning be like water... water doesn't demand shape when filling space; but when it comes together as a force with weight and wind it can cut a mighty river reduce mountains to sandy beaches power the whole state of Nevada.

That death whistle... is a B-horror movies best friend it seems. Took a look at a video and guy said over a hundred people would be blowing them going into battle to disarm and fill people with terror. At the 3rd blow I was just over taken with laughter.

Rapid prototyping is a good thing; I was temped to buy a 3D pen once... basically like a hollow soldering iron with 3D printer wire fed through it. I have been personally dying to do metal casting... it's easy business and I know the entire process but the current environment is too conflicted to do progects I want and need to do for myself.

Toxic people are the worst... except for that one avenger guy. In a tent down by the river lol.

edit on 3-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I really find it all absolutely fascinating. I mean, most accept that we are all different, but due to things like you describe and my own experiences.. I suspect the differences are truly, massively profound. We theorize about parallel universes, but each of us might be living in our own. Some overlap more or less with the "consensus," but all are unique. Or hell, who knows, maybe only a fraction are truly unique and the rest aren't. Not like either side would be able to tell.

People can make fun of when those youngins have to go without their tech, like during a power outage, but maybe it really is such a jolt to their narrative to justify extreme response.

I think that we have always experienced things in this way, but I'm not sure there has been a shift as large as the "computer age" since the shift to widespread agriculture. In some ways, I wonder if the extreme divisionary nature of interaction isn't influenced by the code of the machines we use. Original ideas are almost an anathema; if you present something without supporting links, it might as well be like trying to click a shortcut on your computers desktop that has had the source file deleted.

Its like emergent, novel thoughts and ideas are an unrecognized file type.

yea I agree especially like your last analogies on new ideas being like unsupported file types.

one of the many reasons I can't stand quotes/sayings..

And the internet is the cause. repeaters repeating to repeaters about what was repeated repeatedly. S double edged sword it brings you so much information, but gaining information is being changed by information. and when so many are getting largely the same links, novelty loses momentum in the larger populace. Well, that doesn't mean novelty is less now, it just means you have to be novel in your approach to finding it. Like my random youtube hunts.. I sometimes type 4 random letters, click through like 10 related videos, see something interesting type something related to it and go through 10 more related until I am somewhere my own programming would not have known to even look for.

the youtube approach is what I do off of youtube in my own mind as well.

And as far as how different we can be... My ex took me to a whole different reality haha. I think I mean that literally.

but there is a reason I don't follow popular music and TV and movies.. I like having a unique set of experiences I draw on. I even think it means I'm literally not exactly in the same space.. but that's one of my guess beliefs something I use to rearrange other "beliefs"

I know that's why shamans and monks are famous for going off into their own worlds. I've felt the "grounding" of others into their world, just being around them and then like a broader city vibe like honey bees.. I do better away from large populations. Like why I stay in this thread and post only sometimes in others. You guys are cooky enough to give me new ideas to think about so our communications can go who knows where this thread is going? LOL.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

That's an interesting direction to take it. I can't say I've ever been able to equate "small talk" with being disingenuous. At least not any more than talk that someone feels is deep and profound. I've found it to be about equal.

For example, I can say with certainty that when I have been in intensive care, I'm not too interested in philosophical exploration, but I truly and strongly desired interaction. The small talk that ensued deepened already present connections and even opened up new ones.

In this regard, I see the whole spectrum of speech as having the potential for depth and true connection. Likewise, it can all be predicated on anything from superiority to disingenuousness. I see it just like any other tool, really.

That said, it seems that for any of us, it is immensely difficult to be honest and authentic with others when we aren't honest with ourselves first. Something that has, perhaps, pervaded our interactions since the adoption of spoken language. Who knows though, maybe it all stems from the fact that our fractional view of the universe is itself somewhat lacking in authenticity.

Regardless, in my experience, it seems the desire for meaningful connection takes priority over the content of the words themselves. I feel that opens up a lot more potential for genuine interaction, for me at least. Looking at speech as just one tool for interaction though, I think silence can accomplish the same thing as well.

In the end, I think presence is the primary factor and items like speech and body language simply facilitate that interaction regardless of content. Because of that, I find that heartfelt, profound, and authentic interaction can occur just as readily through "small" talk as it can through anything else.

Interestingly, I've found that it usually only takes one participant to take an interaction towards authenticity. Though, it does require a different type of effort, patience, and a willingness to employ the entire spectrum of communication.

Those 3d pens are pretty cool buys ever since they dropped under $50. They aren't great for building full parts or objects, but for everything from fiddling to repairs of plastic objects (even injection molded, etc.) they are absolutely fantastic. Hooking one up to a drone could be fun, if able to maintain a level platform (or compensate for movement).

They have also been making pretty good progress in the printing of other materials, like metal. The way I see it, in a decade or two we will have the capability to print nearly anything, out of any material, in our own homes. If utilized properly, we could be looking at a resurrection of our manufacturing base in a completely decentralized fashion.

Really cool possibility to me, and one I am already working towards. I'm currently designing a combo concrete/plastic printer that introduces some pretty neat potential. The idea is to have a printer that can produce a dwelling, then be used as an everyday tool within that structure. If designed with expansion in mind, adding new material extruders as they are invented will be as simple as bolting it on to the existing frame.

It kind of requires new methods of heating/cooling, insulation, energy, etc. to fully realize the potential, but those are already "here."

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I think the issue is derived from our fundamental approach to our tools. It seems that we solely look at them in the terms of how we can do less.

I prefer the outlook that they enable us to achieve more. In some ways I guess that could be viewed as just semantics, but I think the overall end result differs greatly depending on the approach.

Something like the internet could be a primary factor in our advancement, but we tend to use it to think less, remember less, and achieve less.

Then, when we talk about concepts like full automation, it is in the same context. I suppose my personal situation gives me some unique insight, but I think quite a few people would use such tools to accomplish more than they would be able to otherwise.

As my own automated systems come online, I am able to spend less time and effort on everything from cleaning to downtime during power outages to food production. The time I would have to spend meeting those basic needs can now be freed up to invest on advancing my own technology. Pain dictates my productivity, but in an automated system, what time and capability I DO have can now be spent on "greater" things.

The flipside is that it could also just allow me to sit on my ass all day, every day while my needs are handled by automation. Hard to say what result widespread implementation would have in that regard, but I suspect the ratios would roughly stay the same as they are now with the major change being the "producers" would be able to do what they do with more efficiency and regardless of financial class.

Wait.. what were we talking about again?

There's probably something to be said for a thread that is hundreds of pages of basically rambling. Just like random YouTube clicks and searches! (flawless tie-in
)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

There's probably something to be said for a thread that is hundreds of pages of basically rambling. Just like random YouTube clicks and searches! (flawless tie-in
)

Exactly!!

umm not what I quoted but everything before that.. Using a calculator should not diminish your ability to use math it should increase it..

It's easy to be lazy.

And so when I look at humanity as a whole and what our problems may be I see the biggest thing as being how we look at life.. Like base human actions. You worry about corrupt politicians, but you are corrupt in your own life when you cheat yourself the ability to grow.. And by grow it's using tools that can make life easier in more production, better production, not same production with less work..

I'm lazy, well not at work, and not in my mind. I can out research the best of the best.. as far as time spent researching goes.. I'm sure programmers can cheat to get more data better, and one would hope they would still use all the skills involved in handwork ON TOP of that.

but back to my main point.

Novelty and "random" as I usually call it.

That's my bread and butter (to use a saying) at expanding my potential to think.

and my potential to think is my potential.

So please don't tell me what I already know. That just boosts my ego. Anything new would look like something I disagree with in general.. Hehe..

gawd we are close to having our main population as being experimenters of knowledge wisdom culture.. But we are also close to mass zombies... We are on the edge. I'm gloriously hopeful. We shall see. And others will see another thing.. LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I posted this in another thread so it's out there.

Look I don't just talk like this.

I do experiments on my own mind. I try to look at my bias and break it.

so I wondered how women felt..

And tried my best for a bit.. And not so I would know women, but so I would know myself better. A perfect example of me shaking up concepts..

in this case it would be shaking up the concept of how I view myself.

I'm a straight male who doesn't like wearing heels..

Well I learned a lot more than that.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Seems like you have yourself figured out better than most anyone I know.

Just imagine if everyone could be as open minded as you. Remember when expanding your concepts, to keep things concise and focused. Your awesome. Allow your consciousness to expand, while remaining grounded so that you can keep things in perspective. You have an uncanny way of getting in peoples heads.

I'd hit that.
I don't even... I cant.. I don't know what to do with this site anymore.. You fried my noodle for sure with that one.

edit on 3-1-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

small talk is typically a common courtesy and exchange of pleasantry and rarely illicits any real conversation. The... hi how are you; is rarely meant to exceed a; fine thanks and yourself? Few people extend beyond that as it is an invitation to be a downer and become someone's psychiatrist if it extends beyond that. That's simply because it asks for emotion; and not how one has been using their time and if they have accomplished anything; as that can then be seen as prying into someone's business or make them feel like a loser if they haven't really set any goals or accomplished anything... managed to get out of the house though right?

So small talk is a loaded weapon with two barrels... perfect for a double suicide.

i don't try to get into any deep conversations; as i'm typically a sit there and radiate sort. But they do occur; sometimes out of interjection and in many instances a bar tender can be you best friend; as when they ask someone how they are doing; you can tll the person wants to talk to someone by saying more than the simple pleasantry you can interject after the pleasantry with whatever they said and have a conversation they know the bartender usually has work to do so striking a conversation becomes easy in such a manner.

Of course; i'm typically not a conversation starter but when the mood strikes... but that's typically how it occurs. Of course being in a bar and alcohol being a depressant; unless someone is inexperienced or uses it lightly then conversation can typically get brooding as slow reaction times require longer pauses for someone to mull something over... of course drunk people also talk faster than they normally would unless sloshed.

i pretty much agree with the rest of your assessment.

Mine is a college city; so most people are just running games looking for casual sex, so people trying to run games and a lot of lieing is the a-typical expectation and assumption.

Having been a door-guy/bouncer and helped organize events; which requires sobriety, i've seen so much predatory behavior... I just come to greatly dislike men a lot; even the ones not single, talk like and act on the prowl every waking moment. it's just like staring into the face of something indescribable; like not even human... and assuredly; no one I want to hang out with or really even speak with. As someone that has throughly sown all my oats out, with simple honesty and no deciet respecting women the entire time; meaning and intimacy beyond sex is just something i need...

Even when women that have been so mentally screwed up and dicked over by those sorts playing confidence games and gas lighting them; have passed the buck and exacted revenge on myself from not having gotten over all the damage... just one thing that even closely resembles some douche game that's been pulled on them and the red flags come flying out and trust is yanked and walls come up... then it's test you time. It's literally exhausting; but you learn something and they learn something, if not seen as baggage and to lay blame and then spread more of the same nonsense in passive aggressiveness.

When you don't deserve such a thing it can really hurt... but that's exactly how they feel; so no big whoop; personal growth always comes quicker, when someone can slam you with all of your personality faults and you kisten and consider whole heartedly, and don't make excuses or go on defence. Any woman giving any man the time of day; can help him be a better person and human being... by being his best friend; but being led around by the wrong head? It's rare that such a thing occurs. That doesn't mean being a push over either; as that means losing oneself, instead of being oneself... if she wanted a puppy that's what she would have instead.

Sorry i got off on a tangent... but hey; other people read this stuff and some of it may help someone out there somewhere.

I saw a machine that reformed plastic dumped in one end, form plastic CMU's on the fly right at the construction site. Much of that island of plastic being harvested out of the ocean is being transformed using the tech so it doesn't go from environmental waste from water to environmental waste on land once it's out.

I like Rube Goldberg style automation... otherwise; not really something that appeals to me. Shapeways is a website that will print 3D designs in a few types of metal as well as a couple of other mediums. I miss doing 3D personally; and as time passes the program use does start getting rusty. I used to have a monthly drawing output greater than three other co-workers combined. But i can hardly remember the keyboard shortcuts in AutoCAD they became so second nature, I didn't have to even think about them; perhaps that's why they've slipped... i never liked using icon method; it's way too slow.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You look preggers...

I did the drag thing one Halloween; with the guitarist of Buzzoven and the founding guitarist of Sourvien and got hit on by so many straight guys not knowing I was a dude, it got pretty ridiculous. Those two were butt ugly as women though so you know what they say about women hanging with someone less attrative, to get more attention? Maybe that was it.

A female friend that is an artist; asked me sit for her to do a large 4x6 canvas in drag. i was all Buffalo Bill looking at it like yeah... It's likely hanging a wall in Caliornia that was oh 22 or 23 years ago?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

hahahahaha

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

My last memory of my family being "a family" is me, my brother and Mum going to see my Dad perform in a teachers charity pantomime at his school. He was the Dame. He was brilliant, Monty-Python woman voice, and garishly made up face with his beard, huge pink flouncy dress. For years afterwards I would ask him to do the voice, and laugh uncontrollably. My Dad is a very reserved and quite closed off person emotionally, it's one of the few times I've seen him let himself go. It's one of my best memories, right up there with the time I dreamed Robin Williams was my Dad and we skipped hand in hand down the corridor at my school.

Sooo, I have a thing for men in drag...but it's a father-thing, rather than a sex-thing...and it only really applies to men who look funny and not at all feminine in drag...if you know what I mean, it appeals to the child in me

There, you made me laugh and cry today. At the same time

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Me too, I love stuff like this:

and it's definitely a sex thing. But I honestly don't know why?

And these two

...good now open his pants and go on your knees....
I have issues.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Just so you know; carrying high like that typically means the child inside is a boy, maybe it's you in there?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The you would have certinally gotten a kick out of the two guitarists, one had facial hair with his lipstick all in it; the other had it applied it like Tammy Faye Baker and boths movements and were very haugty to the female form they were to be mimicking.

Myself however? Well growing up with 3 sisters and nothing to read in the bathroom while sitting there; except for Cosmopolitan, Vogue, and Southern Living? My makeup was perfect and I had social graces fitting... so you'd likely be as confused feeling as the fellows that hit on me and with a wink and a smile saying: I'm a dude, no thanks.

I suppose just I played the role; and they were just two dudes in ladies clothes.

Reverbs how can you not dig the heels? Think cat walk, one foot always in front of the other; heel toe in a natural stride but slower so the seas of people part and pick your path when not standing... otherwise it's going to be breaking a heel, ankle or both.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

One of them has to go down on their knees huh? In that whole dominance and submission thing which would you guess? Real world says they likely get caught speeding above 55mph... I don't know what the standard speed limit other than the U.S. is but even if I did; it likely would fit the innuendo.

A friend i grew up with prefers lesbian porn, I am sure there are some ladies that like men so much they would rather see two guys going at each other than see another woman in the mix as well; unless maybe that's the fantasy picturing themselves getting in the middle of all of that.

So issues? Even if nocturnal ones... completely, normal.

new topics

top topics

<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join