It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 280
<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

With the idea of belief there co-arises some credibility... and then a name must be attached to give credit, take credit, or want credit.

Oh the humanity; where's the humility?

There's nothing new under the sun; so holding the lamp when there's enough light already becomes a futility without empathy when there's no self that can be found; except in another's eye, and if their eye beholds a mind will quickly decieve the sight with concepts.

A picture hangs on the wall, it says nothing... but a thousand words are sure to follow.

The label is an invocation that extends an invitation.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

edit on 1-1-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

You've posted a favorite; when it gets too dificult to clean from lingering energies that's who I listen too.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Haha...I guess you haven't read the book then.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Love me some Ministry.

This one blows the cob-webs out for me.

*Play as loudly as you can*

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

It was inspired by Blake's Tyger... So was I.

But no I haven't read it; I'm currently attempting to read "Time Enough for Love" By Robert A. HeinLein again; a freind that suggested it she said start with the introduction/preface/forward and it was rough trying to slog through that, so I set it down. Picked it up again; skipped that commentary bit meant to set the mood... and it was a much better start.

Books don't need foreplay people do.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I like Heinlein immensely.

I read forewords for the classics, especially the Greeks, I'd be hopeless at navigating that world if I wasn't given some direction, but I agree, Heinlein requires you just to sit down and strap yourself in...he'll take you there.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Nice; I made a glitch art video using one of their songs. Not quite as funny as the one I did synching Humungus from Mad Max on the microphone with Celine Dion's "Just Walk Away"

I'd try to provide links but my cellphone has been AWOL for about 3 weeks.

edit... yeah the forward from Time Enough was just destroying me; it was like being dropped face first into the realm without warning... skipping that is allowing for a slow creep out into the depths.
edit on 1-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have a few wild ideas, but nothing convincing. That can be he'll. I know the other "god" whatever to aliens, to be true, but I believe in nothing beyond that.
What if there is something to all the ET/ID/? Hypothesis? Does it look like "they" like us, if they exist? No. So what am I supposed to do with that? It's definitely not a good problem solving wishing well, that's for sure. What ever you take from that I believe we can scratch good altogether.
Does it make that bad? No. Just extremely futile to deal with it in the first place. Hm one could say overwhelmingly out of our understanding. ...food chains and such.
But if we were cattle they wouldn't poison their own food supply. ...oh wait we are doing that. Pretty stupid.
Ha but vegetarian, right? The solution. ...not because soy is gene manipulated and vegetables are also poisonous.
Producing garbage beyond believe. Killing of every other living thing by polluting their habitats. Or just burn it down. The green lungs of our planets. Palm oil. Are officially after the point where we find less oil in comparison to the amount we consume.

Even if we "just" got a bug, it seems hostile, needs us to kill and die off in masses.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well, imagine a stasis bubble around yourself with various sorts of life forms about... time does not pass as quickly in your bubble so you initiate it... as time starts dilating around you, it would be sort of like those timelaspes of moldy cheese etc. growing up and around the pests come in cycles the bugs the4n the spiders after the bugs and then the vermin and then the snakes and then the birds and then the cats etc. now imagine if you had a double stasis sphere that once these others entered they couldn't get out that was very rapid it would eventually fill up as all of them food chained and evolved... a cat eventually looking like one of H.R. Gigers alien buddies crawling around...

Now imagine space and the vast expanse and worlds all seeded with pretty much the same crap as here; so many bubbles of time or stasis some much much older some more stable, some more choatic the adaptations given so many different adversities and you're on the plane of Sci-Fi bipeds, quadra-peds, and humanoids...

Now think about being here on this little blue marble a speck so insignificant in the vast expanse like a speck of dust you'll never encounter floating around your dwelling and in time relative to size it takes several billion years from it's perspective to touch down but only several seconds if you were to see it.

That's sort of the reality of it; then we see a Sci-Fi film and hear people complaining about a main character being female or another ethnicity... and we see just how small minded and petty the masses are. So the huge island of plastic floating out in the ocean breaking down and giving all the fish cancer that use it for shelter, choke birds attracted to the fish etc. etc.

Apex means no more physical evolution of a species... the aligator, crocodile, and shark are pretty much unchanged since millions and millions of years ago apex even before mammals started making their rise to the top of the food chain... but there is not really a top of it... as you said a tiny lil spec that seems just as innocuous as that dust and poof brings the self proclaimed mighty human to it's knees.

So all of this notion of health and avoidance isn't really bolstering our immune systems... allowing us to evolve or lend us strength. The dirt and grit are a good thing; not to one so wrapped up in self concern; but as the entire species goes? Non-avoidance of environmental adversity is a good thing; mental adversity can bring a strong mind, if it isn't reduced or devolved in the same idea of self protectionism and breaks or if broken makes it out of the otherside.

That whole what doesn't kill us makes us stronger... of course some that desire to prey off of humanity with various tastes is sort of a plague all themself.

Such monsters were deemed very real; and in many ways they are still around. Lurking the edges of society or in society the predator among us; and it's public camouflage? Normalcy... non-differentation from the herd of fad and pop culture, in churches and other groups.

To think; the loner is always suspect.., just easier to frame and let that programmed stereo-type make up public minds as the real perpetraitor tips their hat with a practiced smile.

edit on 1-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Imagine me going ach ach ach, or oph, piuh, and shaking my head in grief.
The humanity! There are two thoughts I think it does come down to:
All won't survive, nobody will haha, life is a disease, fatal. Always 100 %.
But in this case I really believe, globally speaking, unless a total mind funk happens that makes us really work on our "lifestyle" we are doomed. I see weather ahead. Deserts growing. Sea level rising. A few volcans are in that stage or shortly before it, where they're scheduled to erupt.
We is often getting pretty relative if it's about pure survival. We call them "economic refugees" but what it still really says: the life of this people is so bad, they risk dying for hope.
While we sit on our lazy, fat asses and wonder about the possible meaning of this abstract life thingy. I am so angry at the world. We'll blow it.
Fighting about definitions, made up constructs of language, like nation, Conservative, left, colour, gender, religion,... that's the illusion. Hunger is real and if you don't freely chose it for whatever reason, it sucks.
While I throw away food. As do a lot of people. And all of the food we throw away travelled further than the average human does per day.
We deserve what we get, I guess.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Indeed cause and effect; if we put out any cause with any intent or not there will always arise a effect... of course impermanence is everyone's buddy and the ego's worst enemy. That which arises also passes this is the only permanece... the ego tries to keep everything in some quasi sate of permanence and it is a futility. The reality is that all concepts, all thoughts, all belief are manufactured and not real in any lasting way... they all will rise and they all will pass including any notions or concept that is a self to cling too.

The only thing that one can cling to without any fail that it is permanent and lasting is impermanence itself; it is the only unchanging law in all of experience and it itself paradoxically is change itself.

So why do we suffer? Why do we have stress? This clinging to those ideologies, concepts and belief not real. It is why we wage war, it is why we are led by greed it is why we justify hate it is why we have delusion and illusion and why a culture has over 50 names for snow. This clinging and this grasping at concepts the illusion and delusion and refusing to see reality, refusing to take responsibility for life in it's entirity. Every excuse and reason imaginible, because it is uncomfortable to acknowledge it is easier to dismiss, call it quits, do nothing, or point fingers at everyone imaginible to blame when that very imagination or concept ladder is not only the cure for all of societies ills world wide; but it's very excuse and reason for having them to begin with.

The more this entropy of 50 names for snow increases and goes on; the more disassociated we are; the less connected, the more we live roles and imagination instead of reality... and society demands this, programs this and expects this of us... before a baby can crawl; parents have already projected an entire future not of his or her choosing on them. Society does the same thing, expectations and roles of school, one's work, one's religion, one's peers and even one's potiential partner. Be anything and everything expected of you to be except yourself except the reality if you want to fit in and be accepted.

I'm not here for imagination; I use imagination and the concepts and constructs as a tool, to create. Such a thing can earn a living and such a thing does earn a living for every last person in this entire world; it even creates the living or conditions in which people are needlessly starving to death and dying that could be easily prevented.

I do not live in such a reality but yet I do simply because others would rather live in concepts, ideals and fantasy and use the same to make excuses about reality and why it is the way it is; instead of experiencing it directly and showing others how to also see it directly in bare truth and observation without all of the conceptual overload of BS, dogma, and nonsense covering it all up.

Doing such? One might as well be dead already; as it is not real it is the dream and all the reasons and rationale for such delusion and excuses. Reality can only point; lean over and whisper in someone's ear in a non rapey way: Wake up.

That has been my full time job of over 80 hours a week for the past 5 years. It has been one hell of a journey and it still goes on; despite all that has been seen that could be grasped and thought of real as concepts could be relayed and has been sometimes as incredulous as any of it has sounded from dying; to avoiding re-birth; to seeing various enities rising and passing as time has endlessly wrapped back around itself time and time again in a space relatively speaking the size of my ass sitting on a couch.

For what any of that is worth? Nothing when it comes to addressing any solution or removal of suffering. Of course; in the journey of pointing to reality from reality without all the hub bubb of giving away invention ideas asking that anyone using them donate a bit of profits to charity no need for any thanks recognition or reward, to inspiring others to take action live their passions make a difference, to taking action in local politics and rallying people together to initiate change, and fight discrimination.

But even then what have I really given other than my whole self into it as a drive and passion... that has left me at times weak, angry, sick to my stomach, crying streaming tears of empathy for lives of animals and people lost over petty callious stupidity... and life marches on.

As futile as it all can seem.

Chin up... my apologies for bitching and being weak the other day; and as always? Thanks for the boost and admonition... of; hey asshole... here's a song, stop being an asshole. When I have needed to hear it the most.

So hey... right back at ya tootse.

If you notice there have been quite a few jackholes martyred for doing the right thing all through out time; the right thing is called the right thing because it is never the wrong thing... of course when crucified for doing the right thing it doesn't then cease being the right thing then either.

Just remember... no one world wide is ever alone in the fight; take a seat, have a smoke, a drink whatever it is that you need to take a breather and there is no need to ever feel guilty for doing so... as there are literally 1000's if not millions fighting for the right thing.

Here's something for that...

Best thought of as those doing the right thing in the place of beer; a chain of causation against all the mindlessness eh? No one is going to fault you for using your voice, and pointing out the right thing even if it is sitting one out or being silly and beating onself up over life; it has a way of doing that no matter what you do... it doesn't need your help to do it too, save that for helping for the obvious.

edit on 2-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp. clarity

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Just remember... no one world wide is ever alone in the fight; take a seat, have a smoke, a drink whatever it is that you need to take a breather and there is no need to ever feel guilty for doing so... as there are literally 1000's if not millions fighting for the right thing.

Good advice.

I gave you a star, but that was for the Life of Brian

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Lol call Maury Povich I demand a paternity test!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Who's Maury Povich?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Basically like Jerry Springer if familiar with that but it focuses on paternity drama...

edit on 2-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I wouldn't say that I am familiar with Jerry Springer but I am aware of him...my pc doesn't like your video...but I think I have enough information to know that I need no more.

edit on 2-1-2017 by Anaana because: n't

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yeah it's only even more downhill form there if I do... ah the peaks and valleys, then woo a tunnel and feeling spooky.

Story of my countless lives...

edit on 2-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: feeling spelling special

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I like my bubble. It's a nice bubble.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

... ah the peaks and valleys, then woo a tunnel and feeling spooky...

Haha are you reporting live from my diary? Or captain's log. Got no ship and no crew but a log.

new topics

top topics

<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join