It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 277
<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

haha well I mainly posted it for laughs...but it works for the ideas and thoughts presented here.

I recently had an epiphany and realized that I have to start taking better care of my body.

I was thinking about karma and reincarnation and felt kind of terrified of all the possibilities.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

LOL xD

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Dr. Leary said that you do not need chemicals if you are aware enough. For me now, it is just like a strange kind of coffee! So I haven't done that one in a while either.

Your brain is just a fun place to visit and see what you can figure out. Like your eyes move back and forth to triangulate depth. All those movements are filtered out automatically. You pollute your mind with the right chemicals and that lower-level processing gets noticed. (sings) "...with his simulate wood grain (simulated wood grain)..." (School of Fish, 3 strange days). Simple things like... smoke or wood grain, becomes "trippy" and you look like an idiot thinking about universe while staring at the wall (at least my friends thought so!).

I have never seen anything that was not there in reality. I have raced thoughts at light speed, connected dots, ran the gamut of emotions in under a minute, been up for a day and a half frantically writing like being in a manic phase, but have never seen anything that was not there. Never had a flashback either. And we are talking about a true psychonaut here. So that group thing sounds a little freaky to me. I would be like Mr. Horse when being interviewed in Ren an Stimpy, "No sir. Don't like it."

RAW's Prometheus Rising is great book to use to study your mind. I saw some dude reading it at the bar and instead of saying something like, "How do you like the book?" I asked him, "how many quarters have you found?" He laughed and said that was the perfect way to introduce ones self to a stranger! There are other things like subscribing to a "liberal" and a "conservative" magazine for a year to see how the other side thinks (and what they have to say about each other) which I wish some here on ATS would try (have seen the New Posts? It is all politics and crap! Oh, and a secureteam10 vid abot antartica by a noob! lol).

There are lots of ways to play mechanic with your brain! Then there a lot of ways to modify your modes of thinking. As RAW calls it, your belief system is what you make it!

And kids, my first time, I tried with a professional in my last year in college! That is my PSA and disclaimer. You can really screw yourself up if you do not know what you are doing--permafried is not good. Yes, I saw a kid down the street do that to himself which is why I was really cautious about any of this and waited so long.
edit on 29-12-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: kelsey grammar

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
for me I did lots of research and came in with all tools at my disposal.

I've seen things that are "not there"

not usually. Usually the journey is in thoughts, more like hearing new concepts than seeing anything.

BUT.. One in particular, a repeated scene.. "silly fun guy" makes appear a connection into my forehead that looks sort of like the cover of rick strassman's book, "the spirit molecule" just it was rainbow flavored and something sort of like this:

it's happened on numerous occasions, and the weird part it connects to my forehead and goes off in 3d through walls and off way into the distance..

It's not soemthing that changes if you turn.. You can actually face the opposite way of it's direction and it's presumably coming out of the back of my head.. as in it's at a certain angle..

I don't know of anything trippy related that holds it's position and angle like that.. you can look away from it and it won't come back.. you can change settings and it's still there at the same angle..

odd that one.

but you know I've only lightly dabbled even though it may sound like I'm way into it.. I thought I would be when I was young but I've found life to be so trippy on it's own.. I guess I havn't needed anything more, but I'll be back especially to see that thing again. It's odd to me it's a repeatable experience, when every other aspect has been different every time.

over christmas break.. Sober of course except for drinking.
I mean my brother was like "stop putting thoughts in my head" and I was like what ??
he kept thinking my thoughts..
He was convinced I was putting them in his head, and then I baked his noodle asking him if maybe they were his thoughts I was hearing, instead haha..
my normal life is pretty out there. Don't really need much help.

he and I have a stronger connection and we are more on the same wavelength than other people.. It could be one day I look up and it's me and him surrounded by demons angels and aliens in some cray scifi story and maybe a few of you would be there too but all the normal people would be on another timeline.. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

edit on 29-12-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Eggnog

Probably a good time to stop talking anyway. T&C and what not!

I'll have to check out that Busey video tomorrow!

Let's see... oh, dog person here. Although cats also dig me I just don't reciprocate those feelings. Cats like to try and bite me. And ferrets are my mortal enemy! They friggin hate me and try to bite my toes any chance they get. Ain't got no pets of my own but my friends enough to go around so I do not feel the need for a dependent to screw up my schedule.

-Toxoplasmosis Gandhi

edit on 29-12-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: transformers: rise of the emoticons

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

He's certianly a live wire... like he's been stricken with adhd, tourettes, and his cheeks packed full of peyote. The sort that Kinda make people feel like they are running laps just sitting there... back in the day; we thought of that personality a buzz killer. Get all smoked up and then someone just would not quit hemming and hawing... like man, this is not someone I want to burn it down with ever again. Like everyone passes out and you wake up and he has drawn dicks all over his own face.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

heres a little for instance about my life being goofy..

I put on david bowie to honor him as I've never really listened to his music.

I put on Lazarus as Lazarus is a name that kept following me around relentlessly in a certain few months last year.. Like 37 times.. Haha.

So I press play and about 30 seconds later I get a notification on facebook, and it's my friend who also doens't listen to david bowie posting a meme and tagging only me in it..

the meme is words..

"it's becoming increasingly obvious david bowie has established a better alternate universe and is selectively populating it one by one."

then I come here and serdgiam is the first post I read and he's talking about your mental concepts maybe separating your world into an alternate timeline sort of..

And that song Lazarus is about david bowie going to another existence.

so that's normal life..

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Yeah, well I'm quitting all contaminants/toxins. That means scriptions, alcohol, tobacco... I don't think I can ever break free from the caffien though
I'm going to detox. Thinking about my mortality is scary so its time for me to give my body medicinal herbs and super foods.

I "oil pull" with unrefined, cold pressed coconut oil which is a cure for various diseases and pathogenic precursors.

The video.....I just really really needed a laugh.. :/

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Tea is a wonderful caffeine source as opposed to coca cola or energy drinks or even coffee, but coffee has ok properties too some say.. Tea is good for you for sure.

I'm also cutting back it's just if I got away with it for the last 10 years I'm lucky, but if I continue it just doesn't seem likely my heart and liver and lungs would be in good shape.

I've been replacing cigs and beer with tea and other herbs with good results.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I just ordered some Jiaogulan tea from Amazon!!! It is supposed to be very medicinal.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You should so totally look up "adaptogens" .

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Awesome!! This is my second day so far with no cigarettes.

I saw that peeple got ayahuasca tea... That looks pretty cool and I was reading about that as well a while back.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

You should so totally look up "adaptogens" .

my 3 second google tour says "interesting" definitely study that over the next few days.

I've gotta tell you guys the lastt two birthdays I've gotten younger each time.

that's without really eating healthy..

The only change was that I have almost zero mental stress. people come to me all worried ahhhh.. and I'm just smiling like ok I'll fix it, no worries, lol.

like the wall exploded the other day and water is shooting into the restauarnt high pressure like imagine a fire hydrant. And I'm calmly walking over to prop up a big plastic lid against the frame of a giant cooker. while my boss is smiling and calling a repair guy..

everyone else was freaking out..

I can do what I can do
I do my best
there is no need
for stress.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

yeah I remember one time you said your basement flooded and your dad was freaking out and you were calm about it

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Awesome!! This is my second day so far with no cigarettes.

I'm on one a day, but soon I'm quitting for good. I'm trying to nudge lay as well.

She's been worrying about her health lately too.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

yeah I remember one time you said your basement flooded and your dad was freaking out and you were calm about it

at the beach house the pipe burst and I calmly walked upstairs asking for channel locks to shut off the water main until I figured out what my next move was haha.
I can't believe you remember that.

he thought I was joking because I wasn't running around like a headless chicken..

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Is everything ok? Sounds like your a good influence. These lifestyle changes apply to pretty much everyone.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Is everything ok? Sounds like your a good influence. These lifestyle changes apply to pretty much everyone.

everything is great mousy. It's just some time ago I was wondering where my liver was and then one day I woke up and I was like oh I know where it is, and from that first experience of drinking too much and learning human anatomy because of it I decided lets quit while we are still healthy.. Better to reverse any damage now then wait till there is a pressing issue.

and trying to be a good influence is one of my rules of my morality.
sort of my "purpose"

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

And she is doing well for the most part, also I assume??

I'm asking because you said she started thinking about her health.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

So life didn't seem precious and now all of a sudden it does? Please be careful making too many changes all at once; it is very shocking and damaging to the system and can injure your health having the exact opposite effect in longevity and taking care of your vehicle or form that you are seeking.

Taper taper taper ease back out of each thing slowly and don't beat yourself up if you slip; sh!t happens just set it back down again instead of using it as an excuse of oh I indulged beat oneself up and then use that as an excuse to go right back into those habits.

I'm an open sort with experiences simply because they are experiences they've come and gone, like turning a page new one's arise in their place... even if I've eaten a food with the same label a million times it will have been different those million times. That's what makes life so beautiful to me, it is never the same one moment to the next and it never has been the same ever for anyone at any time. It's phucking magical. If you're not the open sort in public settings and would rather not discuss openly; you're welcome to PM me.

new topics

top topics

<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join