It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

They are a very interesting group of people ...

Have you learned to play the didgeridoo? There's more to it than meets the eye. Once you learn the circular breathing, there's something about the resonances the tube makes.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey everyone!
My computer froze last night, then the internet went off. (I think it still looked like I was online here.)

I have only just now been able to get back on, so I'm not caught up on the thread. (which moves pretty fast!)
If anyone addressed me, I'm sorry...I was not ignoring you!

Going to read now, and see what I've missed.
jacy

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Now with that I have a few problems and i hope i don't sound racist, but people of the amazonas aren't exactly known for being the inventors of great things.

And I don't just deem them to be different. They are. I can fly in dreams, not in reality.
If I dream about rotten tomatoes it is a sign I am having issues with my love life.
If I see them in reality, it means I need to go shopping.

Teaching and guiding, yes. But real as reality, no.

And even if you read about meditation from someone from India you are loading yourself with even more expectations. And don't free yourself from which you was brought up with. Not that I think you do that, but as an example how the "catalogue of expectations" is an inevitable growing thing.

And I am all pro new ways, but reality has to stay real and the distinction is valuable.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
No, I haven't. My brother has one and plays it to freak his dogs out. I do play the American Indian flute, however. It requires circular breathing, too.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

As a quick addition to a long post;

I see "displaced consciousness" experiences (OOBE, etc.) to be somewhat like the human version of a jumping sundog.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Now with that I have a few problems and i hope i don't sound racist, but people of the amazonas aren't exactly known for being the inventors of great things.

And I don't just deem them to be different. They are. I can fly in dreams, not in reality.
If I dream about rotten tomatoes it is a sign I am having issues with my love life.
If I see them in reality, it means I need to go shopping.

Teaching and guiding, yes. But real as reality, no.

And even if you read about meditation from someone from India you are loading yourself with even more expectations. And don't free yourself from which you was brought up with. Not that I think you do that, but as an example how the "catalogue of expectations" is an inevitable growing thing.

And I am all pro new ways, but reality has to stay real and the distinction is valuable.

Do they need to be "great inventors" of anything? They seem to be quite content with the way they live. An advanced species capable of hyper-light communication might think we are primitive and not great inventors.

Differences are only something we assign categorically to things.

If you see a rotten tomato in a dream, it's a rotten tomato. If you see a similar tomato in real life, it's also a rotten tomato. Your expectations and beliefs mold/shape how you interpret your experiences.

As I said before, a dream is just a species of reality. People tend to blow them off, as if being a "dream" gives them permission to not take the experience seriously.

However, if we remember our dreams they do seem to roll around inside our heads and influence our subconscious. They are a part of us and therefore shape/alter our emotions, thoughts and perceptions just like any other situation.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

well said!

I agree. Dreams are very important but so easily overlooked. Well a lot of people don't even remember half of them : ) Normal dreams are symbols and messages from subconsciousness when uncontrolled. They can have a lot of emotion or meaning but we need to get right translation. That is usually the issue : )

But that is only the first step. Then you can go lucid or even further like OBE. But this is in my opinion in reality very connected with how relaxed our mind really is. The more it is, more dreams will be remembered or be lucid and under your control.
edit on 1454357133205February052052916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If you ask someone experiencing a psychotic episode if what they see, hear or think is 'real' they will tell you most assuredly that it is.
There are very few things in existence that weren't first born from thought - from imagination - buildings, inventions, books. All of these things are real, tangibly so, for all of us. I guess what we struggle with is experiencing a completely shared, cohesive reality.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

One of the things "she" tries to get you to do, once you can perceive "her" is to promise yourself to "her" for all eternity.. and "she" plays all these "suffering Boddhisattva movies" in your mind..
It's an interesting "pickle" to be in..

You DO want to love "Her". But it's also a "Trap". It's a no-win situation, without an answer.. at least I don't have one.. All I've been able to do, is to "love her" equally as much as Iove everything else.. without showing "Her" any favoritism whatsoever... that way.. she gets "Her" love.. and protects me and doesn't get all tricksey on me (much), but I don't fall under "Her" spell.

You just described what we call 'glamour', although there's another word with a changed meaning now.

Glamour in Scots meant enchantment, magic or witchcraft. It also meant a spell, especially one that affected the eyesight of the recipient of the spell, as in to cast the glamour ower the een. If this happened to you, your view of things became very different from the reality.

caledonianmercury.com...

The fairies -the sidhe - were notorious for seducing men with their 'glamour'. I'm really loving the parallels coming up here, it fascinates me.

I really wish that I could be more specific.. give some perfect "cosmic answer" and wave my spirit rattle and solve everyone's answers. But I can't.

Nobody can and it would be unfair of us to expect that from you. Yes, you have a great deal of experience and knowledge and it's great to hear about your perspective. Plus I'd poke you with my caber if you wave any spirit rattles my way.

edit on 1-2-2016 by beansidhe because: add link

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I star most Of your posts.....

Turiya...the 4th state of consciousness is one of those supposedly baroque state's...

A lot of people clamor on about it.

Kev

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

The trick? I knew it in gradeschool. It's painfully obvious. Once you know the trick, then you'll come to better understand any 'good' 'teachers you might come across.

It comes in 2 parts and leads to a 3 rd result like most other great 'tricks'.

"Doctor! Doctor! It hurts when I do 'this'. The doctor: well don't do that!'.

It's almost that simple.

Is rational conceptual thought screwing you up? Then don't do that?

So what do you do then?

Use emotional nonverbal thought.

Also use 'Realization-averse rational pumping'

Use both.

Throw in a little verbal lore from someone who's already walked the walk....

If you are pure.....and patient....with endless common sense......and the 'wave' wants you to 'succeed' then things will move along nicely.

But maybe that was just for me...others like their complicated nonsense.

Kev

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm not on a path.

I'm not anybody's teacher.

I just live until I don't.

But yes I do run some people the wrong way.

I guess they can either use the gift given them or insist how awesome they Are and waste It.

Yes...several people in This thread annoy me from time time.

But I learn from that annoyance and accept their gift.

And if none of us have any answers...then that means it's safe to disagree with 2/3 of what you say....

There are obtainable worthwhile behaviors...but you won't find it in the New Age....or in ANY book.

I sympathize brother.

I really really do.

Kev

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Nicely said.

If 'maya' is just us overanalyzing stuff...and burying the 'real' with a very flawed personal fantasy....then we should stop wiring our brains that way with our ongoing behaviors.

And THAT is the real deal.

Kev

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Whoa, weird, I think I've been 'accidentally' doing what you describe...

...well, except - not sure about "Realization-averse rational pumping" - could you dumb that down a bit?

The phrase 'thinking logically about the illogical' just popped into my head...

Sometimes I can totally understand a concept as long as I let it 'float' freely in my mind - but the minute I try to 'nail it down' with words, I lose my 'grasp' on it..

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

You know...

For one human being to seek understanding and enlightenment from another human being...

That's like one atom seeking understanding and enlightenment from another atom.

You are spot on correct.

At most an atom which has had the 'wave' dump a few useful non-verbal tricks on him or her...might grunt and testicular and annoy....to see if the 'wave' wants to move someone else along.

But it's nobody's JOB to go through all this crap...
It's optional and only as long as it's mutually fun and educational.

Kev

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yah....the people who harp on the 'unified all is consciousness model' are idjits.

Its slightly true....but it's not 'consciousness' which is universal.

Another massive trap.

Kev

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

We are not intended to do that.

It's not even healthy.

Once you pull the pants off 'god' then the current cycle ends.

(The Universe collapses past a certain point of complexity).

Take this as a thought exercise if you wish.

Kev

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I love you..you know that... I love stinky males too so don't get silly on me.

Well 'she who must be obeyed' is ALSO the queen of the faeries.....obviously....

Anything that you NEED casts a spell on you...
Anything that you truly love needs YOU.

I truly love 'Her', so she needs me.

Do you like that?

Kev

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I'm at work....lunch is way over!

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Aaaw, love you too, brother...well I did until you made me visualise God's 'area'!!! My eyes, my eyes, my beautiful heathen eyes!

Only joking, I have lots of love for everyone here on this thread.

Anything that you NEED casts a spell on you... Anything that you truly love needs YOU. I truly love 'Her', so she needs me.

I like that very much, glamour is very real and like you say, symbiotic.
Despite joking, I like your analogy very much - a bit like peering behind the stage curtain and seeing the half dressed actors with no make up. The magic has gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join