It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Well, there is action that occurs in 3 places in mind in speech and in body if any of those move in dishonesty of intent without the other knowing then deceit arises... and well to feel better about what arises the cycle repeats where the mind rationalises the deciet or dishonesty and looks to others to rationalize anything irrational so they can feel ok about what occurred... in honesty then one doesn;t lie to themselves see's the intent and motives in mind and turns that into honesty of action in speech and body... so any and all ulterior motives fall and pure action arises and self and other deceit ends.

It may sound easy but it takes a ton of practice and brutal honesty as somethings are so habitual or engrained we can;t even see it occuring and someone kind enough calls BS on you, not oh yeah it's ok because secretly they are doing the same thing in return...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I feel like you're all over the place.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

We ARE all over the place!!! Bwahaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaa!!!

JK of course!😀

But the truth can be scary. It is not anybody's attempt to scare you. I know it is scary taking the first steps...

Again, we're a bit older and have made our share of mistakes and learned the hard way.

You are here for a reason! And we are here for you... anytime!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thanks. Love you guys.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

To add to Reverbs reign metaphor "easy not too much pressure" or the horse explodes and you take of full speed. But we also don't want to fall asleep which means: dosis of pressure always needs to be adjusted to the now. Know your horse.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam
I think that where I have used chaos, ‘chaotic’ would perhaps be more appropriate, but I largely agree, chaos is a state that is un-understood and fundamentally based on our perception. I can leave it aside for something more akin to ‘seemingly disordered’?

We can certainly sure up on what we mean by the terms ‘myth’ and ‘story’, and that may be an interesting framing exercise and a means of establishing where the boundaries of the two interact.

I am not saying that the reductionist approach does not ‘work’ or have a place (in the scheme of things), what I mean is that complexity cannot be understood by reductionism alone. It can obviously be used for studying components of systems, understanding the relationships between parts of a system and be incorporated into models to assist in generating General Systems Theories. It can be part of our tool kit, no methodology should be or need be excluded, but reductionism should not be the overall objective, a satisfying explanation should be and that has to be able to reflect the diversity of any given situation or ‘wicked mess’ we find ourselves in. In my opinion.

Greed indeed is a tough one. I would define what I meant in the given context as a withholding of open opportunity and choice, a lack of awareness that your actions and drive to achieve ‘more’ is depriving others of their most basic needs. The vast majority of positions of influence (not necessarily power) rest within a small, elite circle. NGOs, charity and awareness foundations (etc, etc, etc), lobbyists, activists, media (etc, etc), corporations that retain a hiring policy that is unfair, that keeps the ‘best’ jobs within their own circle and is able to direct policy in this way. I don’t even think that nepotism is entirely the problem, just that there is a facile lack of awareness of what poverty actually is that no amount of education can compensate for. There is far too much talk and not nearly enough walk.

Taking from others, ‘stealing’ has many levels. Anthropologically speaking it seems that when we settled down into villages, wherever in the globe and at what point in time we did that, our concept of territory and rivalry involved stealing whatever we could get away with stealing without getting caught, as often as not, that seems to be women. It can therefore be assumed that it is our nature to take what we want from whomever has it, but it is also in our nature, or has been since we started huddleing together in ever increasing groups, to set laws that prohibit such covetous behaviour. Part and parcel of our developing consciousness and sapience, has been the need to assuage our empathic abilities from troubling us by seeking preventative measures. We set rules in order to live alongside each other peaceably. Rules with clear consequences, fairly applied, has been the goal of all civilisation, but it is the fair application that fails us every time. When the example from the top is corrupt, when those laws are seen to be unevenly applied based on percievable privilege, when the rich can literally get away with mass murder, then the system is bound to feed that down across all stratas of society and this is often when we start to comment on the ‘sickness’ inherent in the system, but hidden within secret interactions ‘higher’ up, in board rooms and back rooms, is the actual disease of complicity in covering up their own misdeeds and thefts.

So, I think firstly we need to understand what Donald Schon meant about the flow of ideas in good currency, and that there is often a vast lag between cause and effect. Any changes that we make now towards sustainability will not be reaped in our life time, or even that of our children’s children. We’re looking at long term sustainable futures, that are as changeable and adaptable as they need to be. That is all long term work, and it is work that has to be carried out in awareness of the Whole System if it is the include everyone. That is a given. That is what has been known since at least 1972 and the Club of Rome. That some have worked to instead preserve their way of life and therefore have only acted to preserve some have acted in error of understanding. That approach will not protect them and it has set us back considerably, they do have the resources though to get us back on track. We need them as much as they need us, unless we choose collapse.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

You know, just once it, it would be nice to look into a 'conspiracy', such as the insecticide, pollination and bee populations situation, and see at least some semblance of 'evil' genius. Some concept of a master plan. Invariably however, it is just willful stupidity and hardly a brain cell rubbed together in the whole process. One of our key problems is that 'expertise' has been for sale to the highest bidder. It is only when the weight of legitimately obtained data has exploded into general awareness, that is, when the damage is well under way being done, that the dissenting opinions and findings, that have existed, ignored, since the outset, come to light. It may seem like a conspiracy but what it actually is, is that decision making is placed in the hands of those too stupid and closed-minded, or too scared of losing their own position to rock the boat, to see beyond what they want to see, and as you point out, what they want to see is ker-ching.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Simply put, I believe that if peoples needs were met instead of exploited for profit, we would see an increase in everyone's quality of life that would increase exponentially over generations. Our current system states this inevitably leads to dependence, as if the result of some cosmic law. When in reality, its our hubris that limits our sight and imagination.

I really like this and agree.

I also feel, in addition to hubris, that fear plays a part in it, the fear of losing place, both in terms of position and for those more deeply rooted, territory. There is a sense that for others to have their basic needs met, means that what they have 'worked' for will have less value, and by default, that they will have less value. Depending upon what 'work' that they do perform within the system, particularly within those grey or hidden areas, which has given them 'value' and 'status', that concern may be legitimate, and this may contribute to any purposeful change being effected.

Now, one way of looking at the fringe, and particularly it's relationship to the various types of phenomenon that we loosely apply to all things 'woo', is to consider how woo subjects have been moved, historically, from the fringe into first general awareness, but subsequently into general acceptance more pertinently and the lag, in terms of cause and effect of those processes (there is an additional process, I think, too of obtaining concensus and or finding a satisfying explanation which may or may not move the phenomenon out of 'woo' classification). In this way, you can identify the various vehicles used to both conceal and convey 'the message'.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
a reply to: Peeple

it does sometimes seem like you are entering codes into a computer (analogy) by every action you take, and that intelligent computer is deciding what algorithms to use to spit back out more things..

IS it functional? It feels like a function.. BUT...

I just have a love for love that will never die. Maybe that's why I feel I can't be beat.. My story IS being written. People can change that story but already the effects are infecting other stories.. I am proud of that beyond all else. Even without souls or immortality My changes are entered into the mix forever..

Yes but you can't expect them to know, share your notes and your dirty socks. Write, be creative, tell, talk and listen. We're talking about this realm we need to improve, since even if the "other sphere of existence" is real, we know this one is for sure. Be the change you want to see: be honest.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Metaphysics seeks to throw back the curtain on all subconscious drives programming etc. so that all is seen in pure awareness.

The mundane is going on about one's life as it appears to be in unawareness of any picture larger than what is found within the scope of one's daily life or routine and all past learning and then teeter totter back and forth seeking some kind of balance or happiness otherwise it will appear as a futility.

The supramundane is aware that living the mundane is a excersie in futility because of the drives, emotions and programming that lay underneath are there laying underneath it does not deny them and reach for the other pill to make that awareness go away back into that Brave New World sleep or opiate of the masses instead it chases the rabbit, becomes the rabbit and finds the magician grasping ears and yanking it out of hats to become the medicine to not only oneself but others...

What occurs is reality lay bare and one lives with purpose that is all one's own in self determination and freewill otherwise it is just an illusion of self determination and free will with purpose because all of the purposes or reasons for being were prescribed to you and for you.

My apologies if such a thing is a scary thing to think about; I am aware of the fear that arises in people when they get a peek behind that curtain or mirror and the person reflected is not them but someone else entirely other determined and not truely oneself.

Living with purpose is not to be a cog in any system of control of anyone except oneself... see the above about the illusion that there is one of choice but it is predetermined unless one steps out of that system altogether... every label a statistic every label given and accepted and every one of them a role for someone to play to be because it is expected in a know your role and know your place in the machine and part of the machine status quo, and if you step outside of it there's roles that will shove you to the floor and put a knee in the back of your neck spray your eyes with pepper spray and demand submission.

That is what life is in slavery and bondage. The system so intertwined that all are subject or slave too it... but in mass we can use the system to change the system, and even individually by not harming, encouraging and being the change you want to see instead of demanding ideologies and forcing the diversity to put it's nose to the line and march because sameness and nondifferentiation makes people feel safe because what they don't know in ignorance illicits fear.

Instead of understanding that the labels are what causes that perpetuates that makes excuses for it; and that the only sameness and nondifferentiation that need to occur is to see humanity as ALL sentient beings that have feelings and the same basic requirements and simply just want to be happy when all of the concepts and dogmas and labels are stripped away... but in doing so? All of the excuses to be monsters to each other also go away. So is that a bad thing? To those whoms livelyhood depends on war and separation and a battle of ideas and wills? It's the worst thing... but such is the nature of ego and selfishness that would rather slap a hand away than lend one.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

There's quite a few systematic cases if one wants to dig a bit into how entrenched systems once they have ceased power and influence over the local and national government to take a voice of the people away so that their ka-ching continues in that installing just their buddies so that control and a conspiracy to control in those networks remains in their hands so they do not have to share the wealth with any competition that may arise.

This can be seen from the ground up... a small business gets popular and the large conglomerate see's the potiential of the good or service and instead of having it as competition swallows it "into the family" or brand and it just keeps happening over and over and over it has become a detriment to the very people itself as everything is price fixed and adjusted by the industry itself as a cabal instead of in direct market competition... so the workers become slaves on assembly lines churning out the souless in mass consumption of resources and everything else.

Of course when the greed of such entrenchment becomes too big and too corrupt then the funneling of all of that profit into places that do not benefit anyone but those owning it so that they can spread globally to tap cheap labor, seize power just the same in a rinse repeat as all resources and environment is bled dry... but hey science is sure to keep that cap so the lucky few or owners of all the slaves to consumerism can jump off world into a rinse and repeat baring any major catestrophy or back stabbing that shows up and nukes that one into obvilion to cease power from being abandoned on the last.

Of course such takes thought control, programming and idea's that keep the masses dull and ignorant because they are fined tuned to do just that... of course the system has a reset because it was never designed to be gamed in such a manner by the nefarious so it becomes a war of the worlds to establish the peace as it was intended so the system actually functions and benefits, of course knowledge is hard to unlearn once known and those vying for power and control and influence being a part of human nature becomes the new cataylst for change and the conspirators grow and it slowly turns into the same mess for a rinse repeat.

That's just the cycle it has occured an incalculable amount of times age after age aeon after aeon world system after world system same nature different names, places and faces.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Thanks Peeple. I'll remember that next time I grab hold of the reigns.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Nope, I dance to the beat of my own drum. I'm very open minded.

Whose livelihood depends on war and separation and a battle of ideas and wills? I don't understand.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Yes but you can't expect them to know, share your notes and your dirty socks. Write, be creative, tell, talk and listen. We're talking about this realm we need to improve, since even if the "other sphere of existence" is real, we know this one is for sure. Be the change you want to see: be honest.

what do you think I'm doing in this thread?
You must be new to the game.. Feel like you're running out of time..
Chill. It's NOT the end of the world.

I can never be fully honest.. You want to go to jail for me?
they have me for 10 years for what I signed for a tech company contracted by DHS...
Quit acting like I'm not trying hard to get people to see what I see, but there are many secrets I must keep as well.
If only you knew.
You get death threats, instead of me.. Have them name your family members and what cities they are in..
You feel so scared you decline to go to the FBI because you don't even know maybe it was the FBI who set u up?

I overplayed my hand I almost payed with my life, the nerves finally grew back in my hands so I can use my thumbs now, but the scars will be there forever. You can feel like your entire body is on fire not me.. I'm not going to get tased again for anything..

I picked my role long ago, and I've been doing it.
You don't need to understand,
believe it or not my life is my own.

You do you boo.

and just so you know I am the person I wish everyone was.. I AM the change I wish to see.
I'm here for everyone. Don't be so needy. that's the trick isn't it? stop asking and start giving.

edit on 10-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I want to imagine something good to happen,
so I could fill what I'll find with love.
But it seems I can either love the planet or humans.
Never both. Don't think I don't try to love people too.
But they're so stupid and shallow, let's just say it's hard.
The best I found was 1% real and the rest pure imagination.
I love myself and the planet, animals & plants.
As far as I am concerned humans could get wiped out.
I wouldn't care. If you can't enjoy a bit of the animus,
you're on the wrong planet. Go to Mars.
Leave because here if we want to grow up, we should at least accept who and what human means.
The apeman story is really just a part in it after all. Evolution and religion agree on that.
You're dirt. Another part of the apeman story.
But also you dream, you imagine, like your dog.
Before you take of and "think" about a big oneness, dude in the cloud ET, AI, what have you,
try your immediate environment.
That would be my vote. The alien says,
destroy everything. Like bender says.
Like all animals would say, except a few pets.
Almost all plants. The planet.
Even a lot of humans. Surprisingly?
Facepalm Planet from a "god-ish" point of view.
Because suppressing sexuality is what it's about? Really?
You really think a superior being has nothing better to do than worry about whom you # how?
Religion, suppression of the female sexuality.

Just keep it at, Facepalm Planet.
There are many people believing they're aliens.
Strawberry fields.
Nice adress but living there is a nightmare.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I swear I was writing at the same time!
Now reading...

Read: oh sweet Reverbs, I am a dirty slut, a masochist, this bitch likes it. Kill me. Make it painful I'll go with an orgasm.

And as you can see from my previous post, with kill all humans I mean all.

edit on 10-11-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I used to be like you..

I don't have room in my heart to hate humans..

I forgive them, and now must help them..

Serdgiam told me what his user name meant many moons ago, well because I was basically telling him his energy was too strong to be human.. hehe..

Look you are halfway to becoming a psychopath with that thought pattern.

So yea we are not on the same team.

I don't think Lions are as beautiful as humans,

but that's just me.

I grew up hippie,

but then I grew up. I'm still a hippie.. I recycle everything.. I hardly use energy, besides my computer.. I never got a drivers license because I didn't want to use oil.. But I'm also not a murderer.. Think hard about what you are saying.

the main false conspiracy angle is for you to WISH for death.
careful what you wish for..
And with that attitude why don't you take the journey alone..

I'm kidding, but don't bring me into your abyss.
I'm on the light side of things,
that's why I'm so easy to suck on..
those dirt eaters don't want to get constipated ya know..

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

It's not hate. The same despise Zeus must have felt.
They don't really matter, but they're disgusting.
Irony is, I believe that's partially because we life with a
permanent constant high level of guilt...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

It's not hate. The same despise Zeus must have felt.
They don't really matter, but they're disgusting.
Irony is, I believe that's partially because we life with a
permanent constant high level of guilt...

who is we?
and yes that is hate. It's something you come to understand when your whole being is golden love oil..
Zeus again.. He can go eff himself, with that attitude.. He's in the show LOST by the way. Can you imagine the orny of hating what you made? YOUR fault dude.. Not mine. You would throw the baby out with the bathwater..
I have no guilt. I absolved myself..
I'm pretty much always nice to everybody. I'm always helping out..
I used to volunteer cleaning up rivers and lakes and streams.. I've both donated food, and received food donations.

Maybe you should help someone out so you can have a little less guilt.
I'm not guilty your honor.
Life is grand and full of hope.

and we all get to die, just wait your damn turn, hahaha...
So selfish trying to take me with you.
And anyway you think nature is beautiful? it's just life and death, it's vicious.. You know no pain like the wild. I do find it odd you being poetic about "nature" but black and white dull on humanity..

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

the whole earth is dying humans are evil is a psyop by the way..
outside help is not the answer either.

I'm not a victim of my own thoughts.

I tried to tell you the secret to freewill.

There is nothing prodding me, except to eat and drink and get rid of waste, to sleep.. But my mind is in a constant mode of something like meditation.. I have to make thoughts happen. they have no on their own world in my head anymore. My subconscious does, but it seems either it melded more into my consciousness or I've taken over some of it's roles?

Not really sure..

But what I do know is I can control my emotions. Handy trick. For real.
actually last night I decided to make myself cry to explore if I have any thing weighing me down.. it morphed into some of the bad ways I've treted people in the last 5 months.. I went through each one and felt it, and explored what I could have done better...

quite useful indeed.

I'm much more conscious of my life than it seems most people are.
I don't feel like I'm in a race..
Work is easy and I get more done than anyone else running around like the world is about to end because we need to make another 2,000 hamburgers quick..

it's not that bad really..

Somethings we should fight for in the near future:

1)SOLAR POWER
2)Fusion
3)Wind

You've heard of what Elon Musk is doing..

you realize when solar panel making plants use solar panels to power the plants we are well on our way..

The earth is fine.. Trust me it's had MUCH worse..
It's humanity that needs repairing.

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join