It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 250
<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I may still be somewhat naive' and ignorant, and you guys seem to be 1,000 lightyears evolved with your personal growth, but
You bet your bottom dollar I will be catching up before long!!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, this has been the most involved I've been here and I enjoyed it. I have to prepare for my incoming 3d printer though (tomorrow!), so I'm calling it a night and probably will be preoccupied for a.. while. And happily so!

I don't usually say anything like that, but it felt somehow appropriate. Hope you all have a wonderful week

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

thank you for joining us in one of our more connected moments.

Best topic ever on ATS.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I may still be somewhat naive' and ignorant, and you guys seem to be 1,000 lightyears evolved with your personal growth, but
You bet your bottom dollar I will be catching up before long!!

with that attitude you will surpass us all.

And I will love you for it.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Ah because you are holding onto secrets, or precious little gems such weight sinks rather than floats... but one can otterly carry such around on their belly cracking shellfish all day and if there isn't a pearl at least there's dinner.

Well, duality is two worlds and stepping outside a 3rd altogether which is in the middle of both it's just one's head isn't up the ass of any of them.

What I mean by that is indepence and yet dependence two very distinct means and extreme in their own right... the 3rd or middle way; knows that in order to point so others get a clear shot at the moon one must weave a net of concepts that clarifies their target like cross hairs so the conceptual web itself used as a paradox so that the craving mind or spider eats... the 3rd world weaves the web the independence waits for dinner and doesn't expect to become dinner and when both sit on the reality itself the two coellece into oneoness hopefully they see eachother in that process as being the moon itself from the weaving that floats them into such a unity and no longer extremes... being the middle ground between the two the reality that supports the buddha bugs that both are entangled in and could never be separate from except in the illusion that they are not dependent on eachother nor the web nor even what the web is attached too...

In the same way of two islands the waters is just as connective as the land underneath one just has to adapt to the extreme that is not land or vice versa and it will does and has and that only shows the tenacity of life itself in it's myraid of forms arising to the occassion to over step any wall or fence placed in front of it.

So in the void of being it is like the great singularity... nothing what so ever the uncreated and when exiting until there arises no coming or going from such, then there is the big bang the totality but when no such concepts bind it? No difference than the singularity itself.

Speaking and holding concepts as if they have any weight instead of the empty nature one seeks to find when hunting that small herd of oxen 10 to be exact is as others have been saying taking aim at the moon and pulling the trigger as a collective whole all pointing to a truth innate and known either directly experienced or intuitively in belief and faith to do what exactly? Pull everyone into the singularity or sameness of being...

That's the pursuit of all of these various aimers taking aim on each other. To enter into the bland sameness a singularity... of course what we are trying to do with the mind of concepts is undo what matter has already done in separation of everything. Pull it all back in as one spirit one mind one being... obviously matter didn't care for the experience... and all of those creation stories neither did the so called god's sitting here alone in the dark or void I said let their be light and all of a sudden there was chaos and no longer being alone? I hope it lasts and all hell follows in fury to keep it that way...

That's the fear and yet that's the desire at the same time, trying to have unity but also separation and it's utterly selfish especially as the inheritance of the dead as it is always on the terms of their pointing or ideologies.

Love and empathy are synominous when it becomes unconditional in acceptance... meaning no terms, as you are because everything you think is you is not yourself and whatever the hell that is you are grabbing onto for dear life just to have one? Is ok and if someone takes the time to lay themself down they can actually see directly why you are clinging to what you are clinging too and feel the same pain, same fear, same hopes, same desires and like a parent wish to ease that... and many times just that alone, that moment of being spider and prey they are the one left nourished as you hang in the sky on webs unseen.

What is self sacrifice when such a thing as a self ceases to exist?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I hope you're speaking of french fries if that's the case you can have my ketchup as I've been in a mustard and vinegar mood as of late.

You're already you so how can you catsup to you? Did someone carry mousey off when she was unaware... Do we need to send out a search party to find her?

We tend to rob each other all the time; the real secret is letting those robbing think you're not aware of it... otherwise all karma/fate would fall apart.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Nope.
Just a general sense that I should have been further along in my personal growth by now.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Well, who is holding your watering can... Is it a hand of ease or a hand of suffering or sometimes both?

The idea of independence means you hold your own can and only have two arms. The idea of dependence you've 4 arms but someone else holds it and your two arms water them in some other way that makes their watering worth the trade.

If it doesn't appear a growth then ease is usually at fault nothing to strive for nothing of a challenge... so we chase white rabbits on some time scale not one's own shrink and grow to fit whatever door in a mad dash for some tea party while the hidden smiles Cheshire the entire time...

The reasoning is even ease becomes an extreme and well when there is little to no ease the other extreme so one wants ease and the other wants challenge chasing tails and as Reverbs put it you end up biting yourself your head chasing your own tail or tale that was just following suit.

Of course since so many not oneself can have designs on you in expectations wants and desires a battle of wills can start and ram eachother until one submits... of course who has pure intent in that situation, and which one just wants control of the other in domination?

Not looking to dominate and simply be as one has every right to exist; all of those looking to dominate come walking along to poke the dead body with a stick... playing possum or just not interested in our games?

The sad thing about immortality is it can be very very boring and not all of those who have it are the creative sort and would rather play games with others as their medium or focus instead of materials because they are bored with the material.

Like it would take Bill Gates over 700 years to spend all of his wealth spending over a million dollars a day... or others that can be so materially wealthy that affecting the outcome of the world as far as elections and everything else becomes the pursuit because lions and tigers are no longer the most dangerous animal to hunt...

It can be and is a sickness unto itself a drug more powerful than any illegal substance: Control because that is one thing impossible to do... control all life so those trying to control as much of it as possible by forming groups containing thought forming herds etc? Have done this aware of it or not... and if that wasn't their intent while alive? Others will make that their message because control and power over others can come with it.

But eh what can you do? That's their hang up the web that they bounce on waiting for something to stick.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I just want 100% control over myself instead of being dependent on another.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

I just want 100% control over myself instead of being dependent on another.

then you are well on your way to freedom.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm here:

edit on 8-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I just would add, that's something undoable, impossible to achieve, you can't. Nobody does, you're influenced, hormones, bacteria, media, this conversation, the stuff that makes your mood of the day.
So maybe adjust to always want to know the truth about all causes for me doing this or that, then you can use your free will to make a choice.
I don't know your "woo level". But on the basic it's true for life in general.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well, since we are all interconnected... meaning everything you use already here that's sort of an impossibility but the idea of paying your own way without any masters to your coming and going as long as you don't hurt oneself or others; is relative to independence.

I want to be free just the same, and my excuse is being duty bound to these captors that refuse my independence for their own selfish ideological reasons... interconnected and seeing such means that duty will outlast the captors expectations to bend to their will and lose my own dignity so they can have their way... some would say sure let them think they have won just so you can move on. But doing such a thing is a dishonesty and not being true to oneself or even them as it only supports their delusions further and offers no growth in order to appease it means sinking down to a depths that they only enjoyed drowing you in every single time you stuck out a hand of acceptance.

Well, such exercises of futility get old and eventually their games and options or edge in factors that were used to control you fall away... and it gets very obsurd and futile the more they try to get something they never had in order to do one thing... dominate you because they feel so insecure that a feeling of power over another makes them feel valid and why feed such a beast that is never satiated?

Such a feeding of that sort benefits not oneself and not them as there is no growth or progression, tough love as it is called even if they only love themselves.

Make a plan, research what it takes and enact it stop feeling like you owe any explaination for your actions to anyone or have to explain why you think or feel what you do to anyone... it just gives them ammunition to set doubts so you second guess yourself in moving forward. If you have any of those yourself why add to the burden by accepting their load of sh!t too when you have enough to move as it is to get where you want to be?

Typically, those demanding to know are so over burdened that they don't want to bear that weight or fill that void you used to occupy in their life and want to burden you with doubts etc so that you accept those "gifts" when it is something you never have to accept like thanks but no thanks, they arose from you so you're welcome to keep them. If you keep bearing such loads then you simply become atlas holding up their world while they spin and dance on your shoulders having been freed from that weight... shrug. only support someones world if they support yours too in kind so it grows full as well, even if that means a shrug could occur at anytime... any grasping simply shows how much they feel they are losing and that can be simply a sign of what they needed to work on and that opportunity for growth unwelcomed can be a catalyst for the growth they need as well... so it really ends up doing each other a favor.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I just would add, that's something undoable, impossible to achieve, you can't. Nobody does, you're influenced, hormones, bacteria, media, this conversation, the stuff that makes your mood of the day.
So maybe adjust to always want to know the truth about all causes for me doing this or that, then you can use your free will to make a choice.
I don't know your "woo level". But on the basic it's true for life in general.

I'll add you can be who you want to be at any time.

grab the reins.

and don't feel embarrassed about it.

This is YOUR life.

edit on 8-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

But I don't want to be atlas. I don't want to support another persons world or ask that from someone for myself. I want to be my own Atlas and carry my own world on my back before I ask anything from another.

@Peeple. I know. I'm impressionable. The balance of my emotions can be easily thrown off. I guess when I say "control over myself", I simply just mean...Maintaining reactions to the stimuli that you mentioned. The bacteria, the convo, etc.

edit on 8-11-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

you're influenced, hormones, bacteria, media, this conversation, the stuff that makes your mood of the day.

^^I just have to control the way I react to these things, simple as that.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Well, that's how it already is that head spinning around on one's shoulders... what was meant; if they can't accept all that grows out of your own or want too and only want you to support what they want? then it becomes two heads instead of one's own and what happens then? Doubt and uncertainty, second guessing, self and other invalidation due to that... when each person in one's life carries their own head and they can visit it in conversation and say I appreciate what you've done with the place and vice versa then that is a healthy place to be... if not then well it's a selfish orbit looking to knock one's head off their shoulders so that one's own appears there instead so that they become more considered than oneself and what oneself needs but how fair is that when they keep their own head and then have your shoulders to perch on as well while yours rolls off somewhere and the longer that occurs the longer it takes to retrieve.

Thats what we unconsciously do to eachother when trying to get back to that singularity or sameness by ideals and belief that there is one path and if you aren't on it you're wrong. Lol those control freaks need to stfu and keep walking and see what that actually leads too soon they'll be yelling let there be light to escape that singularity back into the multiplicity... but that's the difference in having bore witness to it face to face and that which thinks joining with a godhead is a good idea it isn't because that is still duality since it hasn't been experienced... once experienced it is just the one that is no different than the all but the all is uncreated and void from which all else flows there is no duality no joining with anything it just is there is no I am about it... as soon as the I am states such, it ceases to be in that position it declares separation and hauls ass in the let there be light just so I can see how to get the hell out of this cave.

Few return to that and understand it many experience it in a group thinking it is coming from that group when it is just hive mind of the most selfish kind as it is inclusive to only arising in that group and they think that is the only place to which it arises which is a fallacy.

Returning to it over and over eventually there is no exit this becomes clear seeing, there is no self in it yet there is experience that all share on some level of being and it is no difference no matter how much grasping says my salt is saltier or less saltier more bitter or less bitter... it just is and trying to conveince someone of your truth over theirs only tries to place that extra head on their shoulders to peck away and feast on what one is hungry for from someone other than oneself.

It a dishonest practice because of the intent or motive behind such things are selfish by nature as that I am has a tail that says becoming right after it and who needs to know such a thing? Unless someone else is willing or compassionate or empathetic enough to listen to it? No harm in such a thing after awhile... as since they brought it? They also leave with it but leave with the feeling they left it with you, yet unattached they simply dropped their burden when they walk off you do too and the burden never was accepted and lay right where they dropped it so neither has to carry it any longer.

Many people carry such things out of tradition and have never questioned why or even seen the pain it can bring or used too but then somehow think it was beneficial and pass that pain like it is a lesson you also need and share that pain when it was never beneficial so loaded down and loaded down we get back to crawling hands and knees life after life instead of shrugging.

edit on 8-11-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Exactly. You cant have two heads on one body.

I'm not a Hydra!! Multiple heads on one body can only result in conflicts.

I get the sense that these deep entanglements are bad for the self, in the long run. That may well be my own experience, though.

edit on 8-11-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Certinally because there is only one purpose in trying to conveince someone of something... control when instead understanding, compassion and empathy frees it doesn't seek to chain or cause someone to grasp but say hey freewill one's choice of what they grasp but if it hurts or harms another? See what it is doing to them and refusal to do so is just perpetuating selfish ignorance.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I like to think that I don't impose my will on anyone.

<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join