It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 234
<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Why not voice it here? All I say is what if. The magic formula to enter the realm of possibilities.
Spit hate, or spread love, that's always what it comes down to. Divide or unite, build or destroy.
If you imagine it means something.
That's the dividing line. Become a politician. Fix that. Not become a giant sucking black hole. Or do, if you feel like it, how could I know where your path leads you to. What's right to you, from your storyline.

All that I've heard on the periphery is horus symbolyses jesus. Or the other way around, how is the order to count gods? Timescale, or age? Who currently has the most worshippers?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Reading up on Horus. He is not a constellation out there. He is the sky god himself. Represented by the falcon or a man with a falcon's head. Wikipedia says, "he contains the sun and the moon" and the sun is the right eye and the moon the left. Been forgetting all this stuff (neglecting is probably more appropriate). I think I even said something about this to Reverbs here...

Need to pay more attention to memory. Seems I always trying to keep it from remembering and may actually now be succeeding in doing so.

Wikipedia: Horus

PS - The Mason's secrets are their own. Manly P. Hall probably said as much as where my thoughts are on the matter. I'll go have a look at one of his books later and get page number if I can.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Like it's important. Horus doesn't really matter. In the end all that remains is a resume, hopefully about the intention of the stories. Not sympathy towards someone, or the circumstances.
It's probably complicated right? Probably in an area were we already have issues. The personal level.
There was something going on, people treat you different. The immediate environment.
It somehow defies the current agreed on set of "facts". The cultural level.
And if I knew more I could maybe go on, global identity, maybe? But that's where one already needs to have some answers on the situation. Is the state acting globally in my name? Yes, I am afraid so. The identification level? A conjecture from the personal level? Are we watching people with power acting out their personal issues? Yes we do. Our lifestyle all we do during born and dying, this long period if you think about it we act out personal issues, trying to outrun our flaws, attracting this extra portion of luck.
Outside the US people are secretly okay with the system, to give someone your "mandate". The US (I don't want to bash, I learned to love some of you through your words and thoughts, the best kind of love, if you ask me) has a different heritage, more magical, influence everything, pull the strings, be the maker.
Just saying, everybody has issues.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Imagine aliens actually from a foreign planet, capable of bending spacetime, would choose you for a cultural expedition to their home... and yes you come back, that's the point, you come back to tell the story. They announce you'll disappear. A bus full, or two.
I am on board, doesn't matter who else gets a ticket. Interesting right? Not popular but... David Sereda deserves one, they did him pretty hard, mind funking business. Poor guy. Imagine waking up every day in the middle of the night basically 4:40 always 4:40. I'm thinking something from Boötes? Who cares right? If we would get to know what it is like, on a strange planet, I don't need to know the coordinates. Or strange dimension if you prefer. Time would be less exciting.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Venus traces a five pointed star in its travels around the solar system. The Flaming Star of Freemasonry. Also referred to by Albert Pike as Sirius. Huh. Weird wanderings and dangerous waters... I will not voice it here.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
All that I've heard on the periphery is horus symbolyses jesus. Or the other way around, how is the order to count gods? Timescale, or age? Who currently has the most worshippers?

I thought you said in the Control Loop thread, may be here, I forget, that you had been at the religion thing for some time? The Horus and Jesus narratives do share common threads, obviously, but they serve very different purposes symbolically and theologically. Imperially is where they share the most traits, forming of common purpose under rule.

I am not sure whether it matters who has the most worshippers, it is who is able to mobilise their worshippers most effectively, which would be Islam I am guessing. The wicked mess that is Western Civilisation is largely a result of using Jesus to justify conquest, colonialism, exploitation and trade domination. He's similar, but more successful than Horus, in that respect definately.

You won't get to grips with the meaning before the spin doctors got their hands on the gods by hanging out on the periphery. It's not so much a question of getting a cultural brain wipe McKenna style as debugging the script. The basic premise upon which both Horus and Jesus were constructed remains solid, it's just corrupted data.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Agreed. Like I said the details don't matter, what is the story telling does.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

And which story you want to be a part of.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana & all

Now I am whoring out for stars and stripes, I mean flags. And nobody is showing me love.
Here, it's a fun story I would continue, but...

Maybe I should describe the steam punk future I see this happening in. The background, from a leaders perspective. After the fallout, after the boom, last remains of "civilization" this kind of world. Play it hard core mode and you're constantly hunting for clean water and firewood. "Blue moon..."
edit on 8-10-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

And which story you want to be a part of.

haha..
Just don't fall for Russian style mind control.

But no.
Jesus is just a better version, of the story, but Jesus now brings in his own issues.. Even though I talked to a Jesus in a dream within a dream once upon a time. Nothing quite turns me off like religions. But there is a core story here, and the ending of my poem was... "Goes off to write history"

Baldr may be more up Germanic peoples alleys?

He is often interpreted as the god of love, peace, forgiveness, justice, light or purity
He is the second son of Odin and the goddess Frigg. His twin brother is the blind god Höðr.
baldor "lord, prince, king" (used always with a genitive plural, as in gumena baldor "lord of men"
Grimm traces the etymology of the name to *balþaz, whence Gothic balþs, Old English bald, Old High German pald, all meaning "white, good"

By the way Baldr was the god who hung out with the poor and the whores, and all of those... Yea.. I'll try to find that.
Odin or Wodan is GOD god, and Baldr is "Son of God"

In continental Saxon and Anglo-Saxon tradition, the son of Woden is called not Bealdor but Baldag (Sax.) and Bældæg, Beldeg (AS.[clarification needed]), which shows association with "day", possibly with Day personified as a deity which, Grimm points out, would agree with the meaning "shining one, white one, a god" derived from the meaning of Baltic baltas, further adducing Slavic Belobog and German Berhta.[2]

oh look day as a god.. hmm... hmm... where have I heard that?? Something about the Sun of God again..

You celebrate the death of Jesus on Christ Mas.. Well Baldr anyway..

In the Poetic Edda the tale of Baldr's death is referred to rather than recounted at length. Among the visions which the Völva sees and describes in the prophecy known as the Völuspá is one of the fatal mistletoe, the birth of Váli and the weeping of Frigg (stanzas 31-33). Yet looking far into the future the Völva sees a brighter vision of a new world, when both Höðr and Baldr will come back (stanza 62). The Eddic poem Baldr's Dreams mentions that Baldr has bad dreams which the gods then discuss. Odin rides to Hel and awakens a seeress, who tells him Höðr will kill Baldr but Vali will avenge him (stanzas 9, 11)

lets kiss under mistletoe cause it killed Jesus.. I mean Baldr..

His [Baldr - my add]death is seen as the first in the chain of events which will ultimately lead to the destruction of the gods at Ragnarök. his mother Frigg made every object in every realm vow never to hurt Baldr. All objects made this vow except mistletoe.[6] When Loki, the mischief-maker, heard of this, he made a magical spear from this plant.
gods were indulging in their new pastime of hurling objects at Baldr, which would bounce off without harming him. Loki gave the spear to Baldr's brother, the blind god Höðr, who then inadvertently killed his brother with it

that was all from wikipedia I lost the link as I have too many tabs open.. but I've read all this stuff so many times..

here..

This literary source is the Prose Edda of the medieval Icelandic scholar Snorri Sturluson. From this treatise on mythology and poetics comes the most complete account we have of the primary tale concerning Baldur, the story of his death and resurrection.

Loki straightaway made a spear from the mistletoe and convinced the blind god Hodr to throw it at Baldur. The projectile pierced the god, and he fell down dead.

Hodr is Hoor from above these names are all spelled so many ways. anyway.. He was killed at a feast.. His last supper indeed..

The anguished gods then ordained that one of them should go to the underworld to see if there was any way Baldur could be retrieved from the clutches of the death goddess, Hel

And so the bright god lay in the grave until Ragnarok, the destruction of the cosmos at the end of the great mythical cycle, after which Baldur returned at last to the land of the living, gladdening the hearts of the creatures who filled the new world.

he'll return at the end of the world, except it's more clear this is the end of the universe in this version of the story.

While this account comes overwhelmingly from one source, bits and pieces of it can be found in earlier Old Norse poetry, and many details of the narrative are depicted on pieces of jewelery dating from before the Viking Age.

However, whether out of ignorance or a desire to portray Baldur as a martyr-like figure, Snorri likely omitted a key element of Baldur’s character: a warlike disposition.

god being warlike left out? ? waaaa?

While we know relatively little about Baldur due to the fragmentary nature of the sources of our knowledge of pre-Christian Germanic religion, he evidently occupied a position of renown and splendor in the hearts and minds of the heathen Germanic peoples.

SOURCE

that last part is anyone starting to see why I'm bringing all of this up?
European christians.. Mistletoe, Christmas Tree, Winter solstice, Yule Log.. Some white dude rides down from the North handing out judgements all red faced like the stories of vikings? connected to the amanita muscaria mushroom? They grow as presents under the evergreen trees on northern europe/Asia.. they are Red and White.. Reindeer eat them..

image 1
image 2

Did 'Shrooms Send Santa And His Reindeer Flying? (National Public Radio)

I hope it's understood why I related christmas to Jesus, even though really they only relate truthfully as the death and resurrection of the Sun, because for three days the sun stays at the same degree.. I think it's the 21st through the 24th? and then the 25th is the rebirth of the Sun of God.

edit on 8-10-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I havn't read this link yet but I'm sure it has to be entertaining hahaha...

Balder Rising

omg it's good already lol.. I don't have time to read before work..

I'm already cracking up..

We are entering a new dark age–the Age of Fimbulvetr.

The previous age was one in which the Gods of our ancestors spoke to us through the facade of an alien creed. They existed in a semi-comatose state, because we had adopted a facade between us and them. That facade was the alien creed of Christianity.

But now that Christianity is fading, and the old Gods are beginning to awaken once more, they are readying themselves to throw off the yoke of the foreign garb of a false identity, and speak to us once more in their true form.

lol
sounds like fun.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
In the eastern half of the Roman Empire, there was a greater mixing of peoples, cultures and religions that were fundamentally different. The form of Christianity that evolved in eastern Europe, often referred to as Greek or Orthodox, was Oriental as compared to the more Occidental form in the western Roman Empire. Thus its spirituality was not as strong and it never had the life-vibrance or expansion that Roman Christianity had. Even after the political collapse of the Western Roman Empire, Roman Christianity not only survived, but continued to expand into regions that were never under the control of Rome. Soon Germany, Scotland and Ireland were all converted, and in the next five to six hundred years, Scandinavia, Poland, Hungary, the Baltic States, and parts of the Balkans."

This sounds like a smaller version of whats going on today.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Sometimes I like to think that all of our stories describe events that have actually happened. "Realistically," I suppose its a bit silly, but I enjoy it all the same.

Its easy to examine it all as representative of "real" events in metaphors and allegories, but perhaps our imagination taps into something that naturally breaks through the control loop of our cultural story.

I used to practice "astral traveling" extensively. More than most may even be able to imagine. For many who perform it, it is claimed it is a real experience external to the body. However, I came to the conclusion that while it may be "real," it operates towards the opposite end of the scale. Meaning, its all internal, but is exploring areas of our experience and mind that has been eschewed somewhere along the meandering journey of our story. It is representative of external events and locales, but exists as it does due to the framework of our story. "Mind traveling" indeed. Within rather than without.

Due to our perspective though, looking at something very small, magnified, is no different than looking at something very large if both take up enough of our field of view. On the plus side, we can experience infinity (limitlessness) rather easily because of our self imposed cultural limitations.

With time, our perspective seems to serve as a focal point. Wherein the frayed thread of possibilities in time and space are pulled into coherence and stability as a frayed thread of yarn through the eye of a needle.

Timelines being individual threads, their structure when gaining coherence may be influenced by adding weight to certain possibilities through everything from focus to action. In the same way, a knot can be formed to stop a certain thread from any further assimilation, though it could lead to quite the bind. Especially when part of each of us is a thread being drawn through someone else's needle eye.

And then we start sewing and weaving.. Some threads which, in all good sense and logic, should be removed might actually be imperative to creating an essential element of beauty in the tapestry. The threads that are hidden and occulted, that many feel should be brought to light, may even be required for strength of the weave. Brought into the open, they might do nothing more than fray and breakdown as one chunk of the tapestry falls off into nothingness, disintegrating as it tumbles.

All together, it is the story we weave of both the real and unreal, the imagined and the dreams. Perhaps someday we will stop unraveling the creations of others in favor of patching them together. Perhaps then, the hidden threads will no longer be necessary and can be woven in as colors we could have never imagined in our most brilliant visions.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Your Baldr looks pretty mind controlled to me. No pupils and the circle above each shoulder could be a nine, 4 sticks, 4 dots one circle.
Sun, honor, vision, or
Success, leadership, revelation or
Realised goals, justice, technical ability.

The sun success line is the circle? Honor, authority, creativity.
But it's an artist interpretation, so why bother?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

But it's an artist interpretation, so why bother?

not sure why you did lol. It's not even a good artists representation, and style wise it looks like it's from after 2005 even..

It was just a visual, there is no art from older than maybe 1700s that I could find.. This is history from before the vikings so ya know.. not easy..

But I'm sort of pointing to atlantis if you'd look not at my finger so much, but instead what it's pointing at... That requires you to stand next to me and gaze into the past we cannot see.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

A culture based on memory. How failable. While we store our stuff on things you need a complicated machine to access. Which are also victims of decay. Who is the idiot?
Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

A culture based on memory. How failable. While we store our stuff on things you need a complicated machine to access. Which are also victims of decay. Who is the idiot?
Time will tell.

Have you seen the new research on prions and epigenetics, and DNA?

My dad's dissertation was on passed on memories for his phd.. He didn't present it but I read it.

Shared knowledge doesn't decay..

It's what I keep hinting at..

Stop reading books you goof. Write them based on the immortal you are.. You have memories from before we ever existed..

little short quips
may sink ships,
or may look good in movies,
or may look "cool"
or may make you feel safe,
but it does nothing in your story line.
I thought you were a writer.
Write your own life.
you have up to 10 million years of genetic memory,
or did you think instincts were "magic"

gawd.. science isn't science when "scientists" are stupid.

Kids are scared of monsters and dogs are not..
Kids are not told about monsters (in general)

humans have been since monkey times hunted by big ass cats and dogs that hunted you in the dark..
We have the gods and the devils in there too.

edit on 9-10-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Funny is, instead of insulting me, you start spitting at scientists, a group which I am sure would insist they got no affiliations with me.

But I get what you're saying, thanks for pointing out the slow kid in the room.
If all of you hippies knew that all the time you sure lack communication skills.

That's all I have to criticise about what you wrote.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I split those two groups on purpose

read my flow again.

I did NOT accuse you of being a scientist.

LOL

But I did give you more clues to follow.
I'm sure you know of prions and DNA and memory but how do they all relate?

Anyway I've been well versed in so many things.. So my dad that.. my crazy uncle who is still allowed to bring guns on planes, and was forced to for some time, my grandfather who was the chief nuclear engineer for duke power and board of directors for GE?

You can be all holier than thou with thinking I meant you when I said science, but you are barking way up the wrong tree.

Instincts being magic, connects to scientists.. I'm calling them stupid, and hoping you look into it, because maybe it could spark your interest. I was hoping.
edit on 9-10-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

by the way I hope it's not missed you are maybe my favorite peeple person on ats..

top 5 for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join