It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 232
<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:54 AM
After all the imagination, what I believe is a certainty, is:
the communication with the other seems intelligently conducted.
It has an agenda, self-interest, is contagious.
That are the attributes I would use to describe it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:56 AM
a reply to: Reverbs

Best band name ever! "Dirty Mirror"

We all take different paths up the same mountain. We all call the mountain different names and in different languages. Our perceptions filter our experience and are mediated by language. And it is all the same! I know what you are talking about! I grok it.

I have had wonderful dreams but never had a killer whale one! That rulez!

a reply to: Mousygretchen

It was stout for me. And we were on a ridge over a lake. No city light pollution. Horses and chickens wandering around. A garden about ready to be harvested. Fresh eggs in the morning. I chose Peruvian coffee. A little T&C (if you replace the ampersand with the letter 'H' you will get what I mean!). And for fun, a revisit of the X-Files.

Very relaxing. Very calming. Almost centered but always off center or askew!

a reply to: Peeple

Cool! Something to read! Yeah! Will make my day go better.

And for something completely different (yes, already talking about the weather. That is how lame I have been lately). Up here in the AK we had our first morning of below 30 degree F. It was a nice 29 this morning and some of the grass had a hard frost. The season change... like sand through the hour glass... or red, red wine through a shot glass! Such are the day of our lives (yes, the ever present now and multiple lives!)

I may actually order a graphene jacket in the near future. Keep myself warm and put my money where my mouth is! Walk it like I talk it. Keepin' it real.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:13 PM

An invitation to continue the ramblings of the crazy cat lady? Hm I don't know how it is, everytime someone asks questions, everybody goes silent? Nobody knows for sure anymore.
Maybe it's time we catch up with our emotions, because to me our society has serious mental problems. Nothing big, just a few delusions. In school and everywhere we get educated as if science has the one true answer. Then you grow up and it's just theories. All lies. Santa Clause, easter bunny, Christkind, tooth fairy, all not true. Would be a miracle if someone doesn't question the official story.
I could imagine a lot of conspiracies going on, right now. On all levels of all hierarchies we have. The world is a game of thrones. What do you think?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:35 PM

Silly goose! There are no answers, only more questions!

Kind of my response to Reverbs. Experience, language, and both perceptions and expectations all have to be funneled through our spongy matter yet come out so we all get along. It is very tiring after a while. Some just don't get it or even want to try. What can you do? I shall try the patience of the Buddha but even I get frustrated after a while.

My desire is to get off this rock. "Hey, Panda Extremists! Want your religion all over the surface? Fine, it is yours! And stay here in your dark age religion. We're going to the stars!"

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:52 PM

Okay but, other stars are suns, I like Earth, compared to Mars. I want this planet. World domination, Netherlands world order. I want a few established facts, physical evidence. Reproducible experiments.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:05 PM

Well, I just gave a basic outline of the process. So, it could be interpreted in countless ways by the individual. Identifying a test as "wrong" would have to consider how the individual actually applied the process. Even then, if it serves the purpose in this context, its difficult to say it is in error.

I think that such breaks may only be relevant in that they can show us that the very foundations of our perception can be massively flawed. Then again, most go through life happily with never experiencing it.

We have to work with what we have regardless. While we can build tools to expand our toolbox, the bigger shifts happen through multiple generations. Even then, it is limited relative to the number of simultaneous events around and within us.

I dig the explanation of shadow people. I have long held the concept that they are electromagnetic echoes that exist on the very edge of our perception. If that is the case, I have little doubt that sentient systems can also exist there as well. But, given how many of these things are around us all the time, most seem to repeat basic patterns more than what we perceive as "sentient" interaction.

Along the same vein, I have found a great amount of usefulness in using myself to create similar effects. Like, walking around my property in a circle, repeatedly, for weeks in a row. Consistent state of mind seems to affect the efficacy, but it can be used to do everything from "shielding" to attracting wildlife.

I probably wouldn't recommend becoming "entangled" with me, but I am open to it all the same.

If you wouldn't mind digging into your own experience a bit, would you mind expanding on this:

a gardener of all living things

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM

originally posted by: Peeple
Imagine we are the bad guys in the future. And the aliens, as in real ET we will certainly meet at some point which are all for love and light, free art, free living,... are also communicating on this almost subconscious level.
Imagine to be free we have to overcome everything we stand for at some point.
Molecular machines, nano covered food. Creepy.
In the wrong hands.
A miracle, a beautiful fairy-tale, in the right hands.
But where is someone you can trust with that kind of power? Everybody, only everybody.
In this story there would of course be a breaking point, a moment of truth, when suddenly strange objects start flying around, blowing stuff up.

But this planet is too fascist for me. Not the people are the problem, those who have the power are. We got no choice but to take over.

And I mean seriously of course we will learn to manipulate time. But space is space. An ocean is no desert.
Steam and water. You guys get what I am hinting at
The Fl⊙w.
The artist formerly known as the force.
Time travelers, both humans and not.

I said imagine, of course it's fiction.
I'd also imagine you'd make a huge fuss about the actual contact moment and those talking about us, would have to agree and it's like the one bad star wars movie, diplomats diplomating. But the pressure rises, the point of no return approaches and all that matters is what your decision was. Contact now, or later to support the survivors?

Every night I pray
Give me endless power
Over all and everything

Free them I say
Stretching out the hours
Victim and King

Just light and clay
Building an ivory tower
While the gods sing

That would make a fantastic story.

I loved this post, I'll have to catch up with you later though. I'm just getting home and I'm picking up extra hours and becoming more important at work after only 3.5 weeks, hehe.. Plus my spanish is passable for a 4 year old almost, so I'm starting to be able to tell all the mexican ladies the bigger picture of what we need to get done.. Anyway..

It's not fiction that we are already time traveling. No one is on the same time.. If you have 5 minutes and can watch videos the E=mc^2 video is a good one. Time and space are values intrinsically related in speed.. Well not only does time dilate when you approach the speed of light, but mass increases, and distance shrinks.. The time dilation effect doesn't accoutn for the full "time travel" space literally shrinks..

An alien could look through her telescope while orbiting a black hole and being 7 light years away should see earch 7 years ago but the black hole dilated time, so she's actually seeing flying cars and a humanity that learned to get along without hierarchies.

Oh and I was offered that last bit, the poem. I was offered the world/power over the world.. I turned it down. I said no man can have that power and use it right.. It's the same as gandalf saying he would be tempted to use the ring of power for good, but it would corrupt him. Frodo was the most lighthearted and innocent and he was almost turned into a very dark demon thing. That's how the story goes, and that's why the crushed the hippie movement..

I wonder what kind of system could we have in place?

Or do we just have to hope we survive until we overcome stealing and jealousy and all the rest.. That's a long freaking shot I think haha.

I have to go work on my spanish.

Grok is my favorite word ever. It speaks to my soul about how we don't have enough words.. A new word for a new concept. I grokked it sipping it's full meaning almost right away because I as in need of that particular concept already..

The main guy in this band is known from the band "Iced Earth." He learned something that changed his life, and they started the project "Sons Of Liberty" I think they stopped touring some time ago though. But I keep it in my mind at all times.

"Rise up to define freedom!
Rise up to live in your own way!"

I like this second one especially.

I'm may be all lovey dovey, but I never lost my edge.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:34 PM
a reply to: Anaana

Oh no...I was referring to people who laugh at me. When it's not the sweet kind of laughter.

Thinking about evacuating because of Hurricane Matthew, but have nowhere to go or even a vehicle to drive.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:36 PM

What do you take the last 2 sentences to mean?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:37 PM

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:42 PM

Nice! I had to look up "ampersand" lmao.

I believe everyone of us need those "reset" moments. A simplification.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:48 PM

Some of those images were powerful. You should play some b.o.b, I know you like his music
I for one would be interested in hearing some of the new stuff.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:53 PM

mi signature is my favorite new song of his

he released 7 albums in a year, so I have like 100s I could play lol. (he's the new tupac lol, no really he thought he was going to be killed actually at the same time I did, and we almost have the same birthday hehe)

So that one is called escape. And here's 2 more

OH and ALL of his music is FREE.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:22 PM
I like that 2nd one War Witch song

Wow that was powerful....

edit on 6-10-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:33 PM

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I like that 2nd one War Witch song

Me Too

I really like this one:

and this one haha..

They are all relevant to the thread actually.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:39 PM

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:09 PM

I enjoyed Excuse Me. I love seeing a rapper break from the Women Cars Bling mold

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:12 PM

There's a reason he's my all time favorite musical artist.

And I do mean artist..

Sorry guys that's it.. I'll stop...

at least it's meaningful for the thread haha..

No more I promise.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:29 PM

That's all I need

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:30 PM

Ok one last one..

Maybe many in here feel like him?

I have for a long time.

He is like me in another body.

new topics

top topics

<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>